Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 1104 105 106135 Next
08 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm #2,081
(08 Feb 2015, 6:46 pm)Andreos1 Genuine question, don't shoot me down.

Does it matter that people don't always favourite a photo?
I appreciate some people go to great lengths to get a photo, upload it and it may be nice to get the buzz when someone likes it. Would you prefer everyone liked it, or just those who appreciate a good photo and the effort you have gone to take it?

I don't really mind, but I'm not the one to ask. I only have like 38 photos on Flickr. Tongue

I do appreciate faves, and I do appreciate views. A fave is always returned, if my memory serves me correct. I do favourite quite a lot of photos, but only because I think they're good and stand out from others.

It does give me a nice feeling when someone favourites a photo. But I can live without them. Wink
R852 PRG
08 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm #2,081

I appreciate some people go to great lengths to get a photo, upload it and it may be nice to get the buzz when someone likes it. Would you prefer everyone liked it, or just those who appreciate a good photo and the effort you have gone to take it?

I don't really mind, but I'm not the one to ask. I only have like 38 photos on Flickr. Tongue

I do appreciate faves, and I do appreciate views. A fave is always returned, if my memory serves me correct. I do favourite quite a lot of photos, but only because I think they're good and stand out from others.

It does give me a nice feeling when someone favourites a photo. But I can live without them. Wink

Adrian

08 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm #2,082

Nope. I don't follow massive amounts of people, because I don't want to see half arsed photos all over my stream. I'll follow people who either produce interesting photos, or people I know/talk to. Quality of feedback is surely more important than quantity?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm #2,082

Nope. I don't follow massive amounts of people, because I don't want to see half arsed photos all over my stream. I'll follow people who either produce interesting photos, or people I know/talk to. Quality of feedback is surely more important than quantity?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

08 Feb 2015, 6:49 pm #2,083
(08 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm)aureolin Nope. I don't follow massive amounts of people, because I don't want to see half arsed photos all over my stream. I'll follow people who either produce interesting photos, or people I know/talk to. Quality of feedback is surely more important than quantity?

That's me screwed then, my pictures are terrible..i haven't took pictures for ages now, only ever do rallies but i havent being to one for a while due to uni Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Feb 2015, 6:49 pm #2,083

(08 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm)aureolin Nope. I don't follow massive amounts of people, because I don't want to see half arsed photos all over my stream. I'll follow people who either produce interesting photos, or people I know/talk to. Quality of feedback is surely more important than quantity?

That's me screwed then, my pictures are terrible..i haven't took pictures for ages now, only ever do rallies but i havent being to one for a while due to uni Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

08 Feb 2015, 7:08 pm #2,084

I do like seeing favourites on my Flickr but the ones I like seeing are people who only favourite the odd photo or someone who doesn't even follow me gives me a favourite.

I like to think that people favourite my photos because they actually like it and actually appreciate it.

I don't mind people who favourite every photo when I upload them as I usually only upload about 10 most days and if they favourite the photos when they've been uploaded I can still see what if anyone else favourites or comments on a photo but when someone like RTBS favourites my photos I've uploaded over the course of a month or two it annoys me as you get an absolute shitload at once and it messes up my activity feed on the app and I can't see what's going on with anything else, I've had 3 comments on my photos this afternoon and they seem lost underneath his favourites.
Jimmi
08 Feb 2015, 7:08 pm #2,084

I do like seeing favourites on my Flickr but the ones I like seeing are people who only favourite the odd photo or someone who doesn't even follow me gives me a favourite.

I like to think that people favourite my photos because they actually like it and actually appreciate it.

I don't mind people who favourite every photo when I upload them as I usually only upload about 10 most days and if they favourite the photos when they've been uploaded I can still see what if anyone else favourites or comments on a photo but when someone like RTBS favourites my photos I've uploaded over the course of a month or two it annoys me as you get an absolute shitload at once and it messes up my activity feed on the app and I can't see what's going on with anything else, I've had 3 comments on my photos this afternoon and they seem lost underneath his favourites.

Andreos1

08 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm #2,085
So is Flickr similar to fb or twitter in that you can like or favourite, follow or unfollow?

I ain't Flickr savvy, so not sure what the user interface is like.

Whilst not knocking Marcus or his swan example, if a stack of people are loving a poor photo of a swan, does it matter?
Can the bloke with the poor swan photos be unfollowed? And surely it doesn't matter that the people with poor taste prefer that over a well planned photo of your own? 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm #2,085

So is Flickr similar to fb or twitter in that you can like or favourite, follow or unfollow?

Whilst not knocking Marcus or his swan example, if a stack of people are loving a poor photo of a swan, does it matter?
Can the bloke with the poor swan photos be unfollowed? And surely it doesn't matter that the people with poor taste prefer that over a well planned photo of your own? 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

08 Feb 2015, 7:19 pm #2,086
(08 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm)Andreos1 So is Flickr similar to fb or twitter in that you can like or favourite, follow or unfollow?

You can favourite a photo, yes. Smile

I only check out his stream because he favourites my photos, and it's hard to ignore. It's just a little irritating because there's very little effort put into it (I'm not one to speak, a lot of mine are blurry) but he seems to have been doing this for a lot longer than me!
R852 PRG
08 Feb 2015, 7:19 pm #2,086

(08 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm)Andreos1 So is Flickr similar to fb or twitter in that you can like or favourite, follow or unfollow?

You can favourite a photo, yes. Smile

I only check out his stream because he favourites my photos, and it's hard to ignore. It's just a little irritating because there's very little effort put into it (I'm not one to speak, a lot of mine are blurry) but he seems to have been doing this for a lot longer than me!

Jimmi

08 Feb 2015, 7:20 pm #2,087

Look at TOWIE it's shit but loads of people love that show (I don't like TOWIE).
Jimmi
08 Feb 2015, 7:20 pm #2,087

Look at TOWIE it's shit but loads of people love that show (I don't like TOWIE).

Michael

09 Feb 2015, 7:43 am #2,088
To early, cba with uni, any offers for taking my place for today?

Also 4 day week this week, as on Friday, i'm off, along with next week =D

How can that be Annoying?, I have LOT'S of work!
Edited 09 Feb 2015, 7:43 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Feb 2015, 7:43 am #2,088

To early, cba with uni, any offers for taking my place for today?

Also 4 day week this week, as on Friday, i'm off, along with next week =D

How can that be Annoying?, I have LOT'S of work!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

09 Feb 2015, 7:57 am #2,089
Got to sleep at like 05:30 worrying about this chemistry test...
R852 PRG
09 Feb 2015, 7:57 am #2,089

Got to sleep at like 05:30 worrying about this chemistry test...

Michael

09 Feb 2015, 8:11 am #2,090
(09 Feb 2015, 7:57 am)MarcTheA4 Got to sleep at like 05:30 worrying about this chemistry test...

You'll be fine, don't worry!

Just missed the 2A.... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Feb 2015, 8:11 am #2,090

(09 Feb 2015, 7:57 am)MarcTheA4 Got to sleep at like 05:30 worrying about this chemistry test...

You'll be fine, don't worry!

Just missed the 2A.... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

09 Feb 2015, 9:24 am #2,091
I don't know how deodorant turns into white dust when applied to armpit.
Got loads of it on the floor! Big Grin
omnicity4659
09 Feb 2015, 9:24 am #2,091

I don't know how deodorant turns into white dust when applied to armpit.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Feb 2015, 1:34 pm #2,092
(09 Feb 2015, 9:24 am)Tommy_1581 I don't know how deodorant turns into white dust when applied to armpit.
Anti-Persperant or whatever its called
MrFozz
09 Feb 2015, 1:34 pm #2,092

(09 Feb 2015, 9:24 am)Tommy_1581 I don't know how deodorant turns into white dust when applied to armpit.
Anti-Persperant or whatever its called

Jimmi

09 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm #2,093
Some chavy bitch just bloody crashed into me in HMV at Darlington with one of them fucking enormous prams. She was pushing it like a F1 car goes round a track and I couldn't see her for the high shelves then all of a sudden I feel something crash into me and the bitch was all up in my face blaming me telling me to look where I was going then I told her "you are not driving a bloody tank and if you are pushing something that big that could hurt someone YOU should be paying attention to people and things around you"

Also there isn't enough public toilets in Darlington Town Centre, I nearly shat myself waiting for the ONE yes fucking one toilet in the Dolphin Centre (not the first time I've had this problem either).
Jimmi
09 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm #2,093

Some chavy bitch just bloody crashed into me in HMV at Darlington with one of them fucking enormous prams. She was pushing it like a F1 car goes round a track and I couldn't see her for the high shelves then all of a sudden I feel something crash into me and the bitch was all up in my face blaming me telling me to look where I was going then I told her "you are not driving a bloody tank and if you are pushing something that big that could hurt someone YOU should be paying attention to people and things around you"

Also there isn't enough public toilets in Darlington Town Centre, I nearly shat myself waiting for the ONE yes fucking one toilet in the Dolphin Centre (not the first time I've had this problem either).

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm #2,094
(09 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm)Jimmi Some chavy bitch just bloody crashed into me in HMV at Darlington with one of them fucking enormous prams. She was pushing it like a F1 car goes round a track and I couldn't see her for the high shelves then all of a sudden I feel something crash into me and the bitch was all up in my face blaming me telling me to look where I was going then I told her "you are not driving a bloody tank and if you are pushing something that big that could hurt someone YOU should be paying attention to people and things around you"

Ya haven't got the Shits have ya
MrFozz
09 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm #2,094

(09 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm)Jimmi Some chavy bitch just bloody crashed into me in HMV at Darlington with one of them fucking enormous prams. She was pushing it like a F1 car goes round a track and I couldn't see her for the high shelves then all of a sudden I feel something crash into me and the bitch was all up in my face blaming me telling me to look where I was going then I told her "you are not driving a bloody tank and if you are pushing something that big that could hurt someone YOU should be paying attention to people and things around you"

Ya haven't got the Shits have ya

Jimmi

09 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm #2,095
(09 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm)MrFozz Ya haven't got the Shits have ya

No.
Jimmi
09 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm #2,095

(09 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm)MrFozz Ya haven't got the Shits have ya

No.

Jimmi

09 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm #2,096
Someone is short 20p for their fare and they are asking the other passengers for money meaning we are sat at Morrisons going nowhere.

Also a someone keeps playing musical chairs which is also holding us up.

And to make matters worse it's one of the ex Park and Ride Solos with only 28 seats.
Jimmi
09 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm #2,096

Someone is short 20p for their fare and they are asking the other passengers for money meaning we are sat at Morrisons going nowhere.

Also a someone keeps playing musical chairs which is also holding us up.

And to make matters worse it's one of the ex Park and Ride Solos with only 28 seats.

09 Feb 2015, 4:06 pm #2,097
It'll be fine if I'm on, 20p is no problem! Usually get around 70 20p coins at the coinstar machines! Big Grin
omnicity4659
09 Feb 2015, 4:06 pm #2,097

It'll be fine if I'm on, 20p is no problem! Usually get around 70 20p coins at the coinstar machines! Big Grin

Jimmi

09 Feb 2015, 4:14 pm #2,098
(09 Feb 2015, 4:06 pm)Tommy_1581 It'll be fine if I'm on, 20p is no problem! Usually get around 70 20p coins at the coinstar machines! Big Grin

I could have given them 20p but I thought why should I have to pay for there fare.

Also annoyed because they had a pushchair and didn't get on the X66 in front and instead got on the already bursting 5 and a disabled person who could barely walk had to move from the wheelchair bay so they could put there bloody pushchair in the wheelchair bay.
Jimmi
09 Feb 2015, 4:14 pm #2,098

(09 Feb 2015, 4:06 pm)Tommy_1581 It'll be fine if I'm on, 20p is no problem! Usually get around 70 20p coins at the coinstar machines! Big Grin

I could have given them 20p but I thought why should I have to pay for there fare.

Also annoyed because they had a pushchair and didn't get on the X66 in front and instead got on the already bursting 5 and a disabled person who could barely walk had to move from the wheelchair bay so they could put there bloody pushchair in the wheelchair bay.

10 Feb 2015, 3:10 pm #2,099
Now, I hate adverts. Adverts on buses, telly and magazines.

But, even if I'm not reading or watching, there's airborne adverts.

Just flown past a few minutes ago; a "Purple Aviation" plane flew over with a flag advertising it's company.

:O
omnicity4659
10 Feb 2015, 3:10 pm #2,099

Now, I hate adverts. Adverts on buses, telly and magazines.

But, even if I'm not reading or watching, there's airborne adverts.

Just flown past a few minutes ago; a "Purple Aviation" plane flew over with a flag advertising it's company.

:O

10 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #2,100
Was called an extreme sexist by my design teacher...

We have been doing sewing for a month now, and I just can't grasp it. I was getting frustrated so I said 'My mam can sew, my grandma can, but my dad can't and neither can I - so it seems to be more of a talent with females rather than males'...her response 'that's extremely sexist, go before I lose it with you.

F***ing emo.
Edited 10 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
10 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm #2,100

Was called an extreme sexist by my design teacher...

We have been doing sewing for a month now, and I just can't grasp it. I was getting frustrated so I said 'My mam can sew, my grandma can, but my dad can't and neither can I - so it seems to be more of a talent with females rather than males'...her response 'that's extremely sexist, go before I lose it with you.

F***ing emo.

Pages (135) Previous 1104 105 106135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average