Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Transport Photography

Transport Photography

Transport Photography

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21): Previous 1 2 3 421 Next
Malarkey

07 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm #41
Here's new one in the Extremes of Transport Photography, According to the Bus Station Manager at Washington Galleries Photography is strictly forbidden in Area around The Galleries, due to there being Publicly Listed Buildings situated in the Area near the Bus Station (Durham House and The Galleries Shopping Centre) being the Examples he used, I was informed of this whilst photographing 5337 on the 8 from the Ramp next to where the 8 Stand is.

I personally think this becoming beyond a Joke at the Moment, and this issue needs resolving in somehow.
Malarkey
07 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm #41

Here's new one in the Extremes of Transport Photography, According to the Bus Station Manager at Washington Galleries Photography is strictly forbidden in Area around The Galleries, due to there being Publicly Listed Buildings situated in the Area near the Bus Station (Durham House and The Galleries Shopping Centre) being the Examples he used, I was informed of this whilst photographing 5337 on the 8 from the Ramp next to where the 8 Stand is.

I personally think this becoming beyond a Joke at the Moment, and this issue needs resolving in somehow.

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Oct 2014, 7:47 pm #42
Never heard anyone complain about it because of publicly listed buildings, but I was approached close to when I first started taking photos by a security guard from The Galleries.
He wasn't nasty about it or anything to my memory, he apologised and then simply stated that, as it's private land, you can't take photographs anywhere near The Galleries and that I had to put my camera away.
Dan
07 Oct 2014, 7:47 pm #42

Never heard anyone complain about it because of publicly listed buildings, but I was approached close to when I first started taking photos by a security guard from The Galleries.
He wasn't nasty about it or anything to my memory, he apologised and then simply stated that, as it's private land, you can't take photographs anywhere near The Galleries and that I had to put my camera away.

Adrian

07 Oct 2014, 7:51 pm #43
(07 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Here's new one in the Extremes of Transport Photography, According to the Bus Station Manager at Washington Galleries Photography is strictly forbidden in Area around The Galleries, due to there being Publicly Listed Buildings situated in the Area near the Bus Station (Durham House and The Galleries Shopping Centre) being the Examples he used, I was informed of this whilst photographing 5337 on the 8 from the Ramp next to where the 8 Stand is.

The short guy with the dark hair and glasses? He's usually sound to be honest. 

You don't need me to tell you what he's told you is a load of tosh though. It's private property yes, but as a GNE employee, he has no authority outside of the bus station. I don't actually think there's such thing as a publicly listed building either... suggest you just drop GNE an email about it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Oct 2014, 7:51 pm #43

(07 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Here's new one in the Extremes of Transport Photography, According to the Bus Station Manager at Washington Galleries Photography is strictly forbidden in Area around The Galleries, due to there being Publicly Listed Buildings situated in the Area near the Bus Station (Durham House and The Galleries Shopping Centre) being the Examples he used, I was informed of this whilst photographing 5337 on the 8 from the Ramp next to where the 8 Stand is.

The short guy with the dark hair and glasses? He's usually sound to be honest. 

You don't need me to tell you what he's told you is a load of tosh though. It's private property yes, but as a GNE employee, he has no authority outside of the bus station. I don't actually think there's such thing as a publicly listed building either... suggest you just drop GNE an email about it.

Malarkey

07 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm #44
(07 Oct 2014, 7:51 pm)aureolin The short guy with the dark hair and glasses? He's usually sound to be honest. 

I that's the one, to be fair he was Technically in the Bus Station as shouted over from the Paved Section on the 4/8 and X1 Stand, whereas I was on the Ramp taking a quick Photo before going into The Galleries for a few bits and bobs for my Mother, I don't think emailing GNE would garner much of a response from what was said in my Previous Post.

Just a quick Question and I am not entirely sure how word this.

Is there anyway in which we as Enthusiasts other than by Email or Phone, Talk to Nexus and GNE etc i.e. in a Face 2 Face Discussion on this Topic, to therefore iron out our Differences in Opinion on the Matter etc and explain the problems we have encountered in recent months in Relation to Transport Photography in Bus Stations etc, And then discuss how to rectify the problem going forward so that everyone is Happy.

I have quite a few Friends outside the Bus Spotting Community who like to take Photographs of Buildings such as the Baltic and the Bridges etc on Newcastle/Gateshead Quayside and they have no Problems at all, You often see Tourists in Newcastle particularly around Haymarket taking Photos of the Buildings in the Area with no Problems, Yet we take a few Photos of Buses and we get called Terrorists and god knows what else, and we are constantly met with a Confrontation by some Jobsworth who likes to throw his/her Authority about, as I said about I think this issue needs rectifying before it gets even worse than what it already is.

Moving on there is such a thing as Publicly Listed Buildings - http://www.fmb.org.uk/help-with-red-tape...buildings/
I believe Durham House is a Grade II Listed Building, Plus it has a Signal Mast on the Roof for the Surrounding Area, so carry out Repairs you'd need to Apply for Permission to carry out any work that needed to be Done, Cheviot House which has been Knocked Down, the Old Dentist, The Job Centre and the other Building next to it are all Listed Buildings also. 
Malarkey
07 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm #44

(07 Oct 2014, 7:51 pm)aureolin The short guy with the dark hair and glasses? He's usually sound to be honest. 

I that's the one, to be fair he was Technically in the Bus Station as shouted over from the Paved Section on the 4/8 and X1 Stand, whereas I was on the Ramp taking a quick Photo before going into The Galleries for a few bits and bobs for my Mother, I don't think emailing GNE would garner much of a response from what was said in my Previous Post.

Just a quick Question and I am not entirely sure how word this.

Is there anyway in which we as Enthusiasts other than by Email or Phone, Talk to Nexus and GNE etc i.e. in a Face 2 Face Discussion on this Topic, to therefore iron out our Differences in Opinion on the Matter etc and explain the problems we have encountered in recent months in Relation to Transport Photography in Bus Stations etc, And then discuss how to rectify the problem going forward so that everyone is Happy.

I have quite a few Friends outside the Bus Spotting Community who like to take Photographs of Buildings such as the Baltic and the Bridges etc on Newcastle/Gateshead Quayside and they have no Problems at all, You often see Tourists in Newcastle particularly around Haymarket taking Photos of the Buildings in the Area with no Problems, Yet we take a few Photos of Buses and we get called Terrorists and god knows what else, and we are constantly met with a Confrontation by some Jobsworth who likes to throw his/her Authority about, as I said about I think this issue needs rectifying before it gets even worse than what it already is.

Moving on there is such a thing as Publicly Listed Buildings - http://www.fmb.org.uk/help-with-red-tape...buildings/
I believe Durham House is a Grade II Listed Building, Plus it has a Signal Mast on the Roof for the Surrounding Area, so carry out Repairs you'd need to Apply for Permission to carry out any work that needed to be Done, Cheviot House which has been Knocked Down, the Old Dentist, The Job Centre and the other Building next to it are all Listed Buildings also. 

Adrian

08 Oct 2014, 5:43 am #45
Nexus arent interested in discussing it. Neither were the ITA officers. We've written to them previously, and whilst they agreed that the heavy handed approach was unacceptable, they only said they'd review the policy in due course. They wouldn't meet face to face.

I don't think there's anything GNE or the other operators need to discuss. They all welcome enthusiasts, and it's rare you get any grief. Those who do give you grief aren't towing the company line, and more their own personal views.

Adrian
08 Oct 2014, 5:43 am #45

Nexus arent interested in discussing it. Neither were the ITA officers. We've written to them previously, and whilst they agreed that the heavy handed approach was unacceptable, they only said they'd review the policy in due course. They wouldn't meet face to face.

I don't think there's anything GNE or the other operators need to discuss. They all welcome enthusiasts, and it's rare you get any grief. Those who do give you grief aren't towing the company line, and more their own personal views.

Malarkey

08 Oct 2014, 8:22 am #46
(08 Oct 2014, 5:43 am)aureolin Nexus arent interested in discussing it. Neither were the ITA officers. We've written to them previously, and whilst they agreed that the heavy handed approach was unacceptable, they only said they'd review the policy in due course. They wouldn't meet face to face.

That's a shame as it probably the only of resolving the issue we currently have, I guess we'll just have put up with the unnecessary Bullshit that we get of there members of staff for the foreseeable then.  
Malarkey
08 Oct 2014, 8:22 am #46

(08 Oct 2014, 5:43 am)aureolin Nexus arent interested in discussing it. Neither were the ITA officers. We've written to them previously, and whilst they agreed that the heavy handed approach was unacceptable, they only said they'd review the policy in due course. They wouldn't meet face to face.

That's a shame as it probably the only of resolving the issue we currently have, I guess we'll just have put up with the unnecessary Bullshit that we get of there members of staff for the foreseeable then.  

S813 FVK

08 Oct 2014, 5:28 pm #47
It depends which area you are taking pictures from. If its not actually part of the bus station then it should be ok. The map shows what i think counts as part of the bus station and therefore, is private property that photos shouldnt be taken on. Red is part of the bus station and yellow is what isnt part of the bus station despite going over it:
Attached Files
.png
Qucik GM.png
Size: 450.18 KB / Downloads: 20
S813 FVK
08 Oct 2014, 5:28 pm #47

It depends which area you are taking pictures from. If its not actually part of the bus station then it should be ok. The map shows what i think counts as part of the bus station and therefore, is private property that photos shouldnt be taken on. Red is part of the bus station and yellow is what isnt part of the bus station despite going over it:

Attached Files
.png
Qucik GM.png
Size: 450.18 KB / Downloads: 20

Malarkey

08 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm #48
(08 Oct 2014, 5:28 pm)Robert It depends which area you are taking pictures from. If its not actually part of the bus station then it should be ok. The map shows what i think counts as part of the bus station and therefore, is private property that photos shouldnt be taken on. Red is part of the bus station and yellow is what isnt part of the bus station despite going over it:

Good Lord Google needs to update there Satellite Imagery, That's around 6-7 Years Old that right there as the New Galleries Bus Station was in the process of being Built in 2008 iirc, I was on the Ramp which leads up on to Asda Car Park, so technically I was in the Bus Station when I took the Photo, At the end of the day I think these so called Rules are completely Stupid.
Malarkey
08 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm #48

(08 Oct 2014, 5:28 pm)Robert It depends which area you are taking pictures from. If its not actually part of the bus station then it should be ok. The map shows what i think counts as part of the bus station and therefore, is private property that photos shouldnt be taken on. Red is part of the bus station and yellow is what isnt part of the bus station despite going over it:

Good Lord Google needs to update there Satellite Imagery, That's around 6-7 Years Old that right there as the New Galleries Bus Station was in the process of being Built in 2008 iirc, I was on the Ramp which leads up on to Asda Car Park, so technically I was in the Bus Station when I took the Photo, At the end of the day I think these so called Rules are completely Stupid.

S813 FVK

09 Oct 2014, 3:40 pm #49
(08 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Good Lord Google needs to update there Satellite Imagery, That's around 6-7 Years Old that right there as the New Galleries Bus Station was in the process of being Built in 2008 iirc, I was on the Ramp which leads up on to Asda Car Park, so technically I was in the Bus Station when I took the Photo, At the end of the day I think these so called Rules are completely Stupid.

Id say the ramps that go over the bridge doesnt really count as being part of the bus station so id say that you were ok about taking photos. Dont think anything anybody should have said anything or had a problem with you taking photos.
S813 FVK
09 Oct 2014, 3:40 pm #49

(08 Oct 2014, 10:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Good Lord Google needs to update there Satellite Imagery, That's around 6-7 Years Old that right there as the New Galleries Bus Station was in the process of being Built in 2008 iirc, I was on the Ramp which leads up on to Asda Car Park, so technically I was in the Bus Station when I took the Photo, At the end of the day I think these so called Rules are completely Stupid.

Id say the ramps that go over the bridge doesnt really count as being part of the bus station so id say that you were ok about taking photos. Dont think anything anybody should have said anything or had a problem with you taking photos.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Oct 2014, 3:48 pm #50
(09 Oct 2014, 3:40 pm)Robert Id say the ramps that go over the bridge doesnt really count as being part of the bus station so id say that you were ok about taking photos. Dont think anything anybody should have said anything or had a problem with you taking photos.

The Galleries in itself is also classed as 'private property' though - so even if you're not in what you've classed as the bus station, you shouldn't be taking photos.

Bus station management wouldn't have the authority to complain about areas outside of the bus station, and vice versa Galleries Security with taking photos in the bus station.
Dan
09 Oct 2014, 3:48 pm #50

(09 Oct 2014, 3:40 pm)Robert Id say the ramps that go over the bridge doesnt really count as being part of the bus station so id say that you were ok about taking photos. Dont think anything anybody should have said anything or had a problem with you taking photos.

The Galleries in itself is also classed as 'private property' though - so even if you're not in what you've classed as the bus station, you shouldn't be taking photos.

Bus station management wouldn't have the authority to complain about areas outside of the bus station, and vice versa Galleries Security with taking photos in the bus station.

Tommy1581

25 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm #51
Thank god Go North East got the NX 591 contract, I hated Yourbus drivers, one got of the coach and demanded that I deleted the photos of 4041 because it had his face in it! #complaintsent
Tommy1581
25 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm #51

Thank god Go North East got the NX 591 contract, I hated Yourbus drivers, one got of the coach and demanded that I deleted the photos of 4041 because it had his face in it! #complaintsent

G-CPTN

25 Oct 2014, 3:00 pm #52
(25 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 one got off the coach and demanded that I deleted the photos of 4041 because it had his face in it! #complaintsent

Anyone is free to photograph in a public place (unless the area is designated as prohibited under National Security - such as a military establishment).

Quote:'Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel' and that 'The power to stop and search someone under Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 no longer exists.'
From:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography...hotography
G-CPTN
25 Oct 2014, 3:00 pm #52

(25 Oct 2014, 1:19 pm)ArrivaNE_7522 one got off the coach and demanded that I deleted the photos of 4041 because it had his face in it! #complaintsent

Anyone is free to photograph in a public place (unless the area is designated as prohibited under National Security - such as a military establishment).

Quote:'Members of the public and the media do not need a permit to film or photograph in public places and police have no power to stop them filming or photographing incidents or police personnel' and that 'The power to stop and search someone under Section 44 of the Terrorism Act 2000 no longer exists.'

Malarkey

25 Oct 2014, 3:01 pm #53
(25 Oct 2014, 3:00 pm)G-CPTN Anyone is free to photograph in a public place (unless the area is designated as prohibited under National Security - such as a military establishment).

So that'll include Bus Stations then.
Malarkey
25 Oct 2014, 3:01 pm #53

(25 Oct 2014, 3:00 pm)G-CPTN Anyone is free to photograph in a public place (unless the area is designated as prohibited under National Security - such as a military establishment).

So that'll include Bus Stations then.

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Oct 2014, 3:06 pm #54
(25 Oct 2014, 3:01 pm)NEBCD Malarkey So that'll include Bus Stations then.

"In general under the law of the United Kingdom one cannot prevent photography of private property from a public place, and in general the right to take photographs on private land upon which permission has been obtained is similarly unrestricted. However, landowners are permitted to impose any conditions they wish upon entry to a property, such as forbidding or restricting photography."
Dan
25 Oct 2014, 3:06 pm #54

"In general under the law of the United Kingdom one cannot prevent photography of private property from a public place, and in general the right to take photographs on private land upon which permission has been obtained is similarly unrestricted. However, landowners are permitted to impose any conditions they wish upon entry to a property, such as forbidding or restricting photography."

G-CPTN

25 Oct 2014, 3:07 pm #55

A difficult one, because, although the public has access, there is a precedent whereby owners of shopping malls (such as the MetroCentre) claim the right to control photography claiming that the area is privately-owned and the public are allowed access under certain terms and conditions.

In my (unqualified) opinion, it would be up to the landowner (or their appointed representative - such as a security guard) to enforce any restriction - not someone who was, themselves, a visitor to the site.

Individuals do not have the legal right to deny that they be photographed (though you might cop a punch from a belligerent person).

Likewise they do not have the right to confiscate your camera or demand that you delete any images - even the Police would have to arrest you before doing so, and they would have to have proper (legal) grounds to suggest that you had committed an arrestable offence.

Photography at railway stations.
Edited 25 Oct 2014, 3:33 pm by G-CPTN.
G-CPTN
25 Oct 2014, 3:07 pm #55

A difficult one, because, although the public has access, there is a precedent whereby owners of shopping malls (such as the MetroCentre) claim the right to control photography claiming that the area is privately-owned and the public are allowed access under certain terms and conditions.

In my (unqualified) opinion, it would be up to the landowner (or their appointed representative - such as a security guard) to enforce any restriction - not someone who was, themselves, a visitor to the site.

Individuals do not have the legal right to deny that they be photographed (though you might cop a punch from a belligerent person).

Likewise they do not have the right to confiscate your camera or demand that you delete any images - even the Police would have to arrest you before doing so, and they would have to have proper (legal) grounds to suggest that you had committed an arrestable offence.

Photography at railway stations.

G-CPTN

25 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm #56
Following on from the discussion about freedom to photograph, the following is an informed summary.

Mods feel free to move this to a more suitable location.
Quote:There is no general restriction on taking photographs while on private property, provided the photographer has permission to be on the property.

However, the owner has the right to impose whatever conditions he wishes on entry to his property, including a restriction on photography.
A person who enters onto private property without permission commits a trespass, as does anyone who “interferes” with the property. Interference could be something as minor as climbing on the landowner’s wall to take a photograph over the wall or resting a camera on a fence.
If a person has permission to enter property on the condition that he does not take photographs, but he ignores the condition, he becomes a trespasser as soon as he takes a photo.
Even where property is open to entry by the public in general, as in the case of most business premises, the owner or occupier has the right to demand that a photographer cease taking photographs and the right to demand that he leave the premises.
In England and Wales, any unauthorised entry on to privately owned land, or buildings or structures attached to land, is a trespass, regardless of whether any damage is done to the property. This is not a criminal offence in most circumstances, but the landowner can sue for damages for trespass even if no physical damage has been caused.
A landowner can seek an injunction to prevent an individual from continuing to trespass.
In theory, a court could also make an order preventing the publication of photographs taken while trespassing, but the UK courts have been reluctant to do this.
Property owners have limited rights of self-help against a trespasser. An occupier can use reasonable force to prevent a trespasser entering his property and also to remove a trespasser who refuses to leave. A violent attack would be unreasonable, as would threatening someone with a gun or other weapon.
The same rules apply to security guards, bouncers and the like; they are acting as agents of the owner or occupier of property and they too can only use reasonable force.
Neither the property owner nor his employees have any right to confiscate or damage a photographer's camera or other equipment, or to demand film or the deletion of memory cards.
In practical terms, though, a photographer who is trespassing would be best advised to leave when asked; just because a landowner isn’t allowed to use violence doesn’t necessarily mean that he won’t.
It is a criminal offence, punishable by a fine, to trespass on some property, notably railways, aerodromes, military bases and places where explosives are manufactured and/or stored. A photographer who enters onto these kinds of premises without permission is liable to be arrested.
It is illegal to harass another person and taking photographs could amount to harassment. This isn't to say that someone could claim they were being harassed just because they were being photographed when they didn't want to be.
Harassment is essentially behaviour that causes another person alarm or distress and it refers to a course of conduct, not a single incident. (A "course of conduct" means at least two occasions.)
Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights gives everyone the right to respect for his private and family life. It is hard to be certain about what will and what will not amount to an infringement of Article 8.
For images of people in public places, the key seems to be whether the place is one where a person would have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Privacy actions in the UK have been concerned with publication rather than simply the taking of a photograph, but a recent decision of the ECHR suggest that simply taking a photograph may, in some circumstances, infringe the right.
Photographers are therefore advised to be careful when taking photographs intended for some kind of publication, even when the subject is in a public place.
Photographs of people may also be subject to the Data Protection Act, which controls the "processing" of "personal data", that is, data relating to an individual and from which the individual can be identified.
There has not yet been a court case that has determined whether or not an image of a person, without any other identifying information, would be caught by the Act, so photographers should be aware of the possibility.
It is a criminal offence to obstruct free passage on the highway and this includes footways and cycle paths as well as roads.
Another obstruction offence is that of obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty. This basically means doing anything that makes it more difficult for the police to carry out their duties effectively.
Getting in the way of the police while trying to photograph an incident, for example, would be obstructing them.

From (and more at):- http://www.sirimo.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...hts-v2.pdf
Edited 25 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm by G-CPTN.
G-CPTN
25 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm #56

Following on from the discussion about freedom to photograph, the following is an informed summary.

Quote:There is no general restriction on taking photographs while on private property, provided the photographer has permission to be on the property.

However, the owner has the right to impose whatever conditions he wishes on entry to his property, including a restriction on photography.
A person who enters onto private property without permission commits a trespass, as does anyone who “interferes” with the property. Interference could be something as minor as climbing on the landowner’s wall to take a photograph over the wall or resting a camera on a fence.
If a person has permission to enter property on the condition that he does not take photographs, but he ignores the condition, he becomes a trespasser as soon as he takes a photo.
Even where property is open to entry by the public in general, as in the case of most business premises, the owner or occupier has the right to demand that a photographer cease taking photographs and the right to demand that he leave the premises.
In England and Wales, any unauthorised entry on to privately owned land, or buildings or structures attached to land, is a trespass, regardless of whether any damage is done to the property. This is not a criminal offence in most circumstances, but the landowner can sue for damages for trespass even if no physical damage has been caused.
A landowner can seek an injunction to prevent an individual from continuing to trespass.
In theory, a court could also make an order preventing the publication of photographs taken while trespassing, but the UK courts have been reluctant to do this.
Property owners have limited rights of self-help against a trespasser. An occupier can use reasonable force to prevent a trespasser entering his property and also to remove a trespasser who refuses to leave. A violent attack would be unreasonable, as would threatening someone with a gun or other weapon.
The same rules apply to security guards, bouncers and the like; they are acting as agents of the owner or occupier of property and they too can only use reasonable force.
Neither the property owner nor his employees have any right to confiscate or damage a photographer's camera or other equipment, or to demand film or the deletion of memory cards.
In practical terms, though, a photographer who is trespassing would be best advised to leave when asked; just because a landowner isn’t allowed to use violence doesn’t necessarily mean that he won’t.
It is a criminal offence, punishable by a fine, to trespass on some property, notably railways, aerodromes, military bases and places where explosives are manufactured and/or stored. A photographer who enters onto these kinds of premises without permission is liable to be arrested.
It is illegal to harass another person and taking photographs could amount to harassment. This isn't to say that someone could claim they were being harassed just because they were being photographed when they didn't want to be.
Harassment is essentially behaviour that causes another person alarm or distress and it refers to a course of conduct, not a single incident. (A "course of conduct" means at least two occasions.)
Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights gives everyone the right to respect for his private and family life. It is hard to be certain about what will and what will not amount to an infringement of Article 8.
For images of people in public places, the key seems to be whether the place is one where a person would have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
Privacy actions in the UK have been concerned with publication rather than simply the taking of a photograph, but a recent decision of the ECHR suggest that simply taking a photograph may, in some circumstances, infringe the right.
Photographers are therefore advised to be careful when taking photographs intended for some kind of publication, even when the subject is in a public place.
Photographs of people may also be subject to the Data Protection Act, which controls the "processing" of "personal data", that is, data relating to an individual and from which the individual can be identified.
There has not yet been a court case that has determined whether or not an image of a person, without any other identifying information, would be caught by the Act, so photographers should be aware of the possibility.
It is a criminal offence to obstruct free passage on the highway and this includes footways and cycle paths as well as roads.
Another obstruction offence is that of obstructing a police officer in the execution of his duty. This basically means doing anything that makes it more difficult for the police to carry out their duties effectively.
Getting in the way of the police while trying to photograph an incident, for example, would be obstructing them.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

25 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm #57
Fixed 2 of your links mate

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography_and_the_law#Legal_restrictions_on_photography
[/url]

(25 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm)G-CPTN Following on from the discussion about freedom to photograph, the following is a informed summary.

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...hts-v2.pdf
Edited 25 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
25 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm #57

Fixed 2 of your links mate

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photography_and_the_law#Legal_restrictions_on_photography
[/url]

(25 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm)G-CPTN Following on from the discussion about freedom to photograph, the following is a informed summary.

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...hts-v2.pdf

G-CPTN

25 Oct 2014, 4:41 pm #58
(25 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm)marxistafozzski Fixed 2 of your links mate

Thanks - different forums have different 'rules'.
G-CPTN
25 Oct 2014, 4:41 pm #58

(25 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm)marxistafozzski Fixed 2 of your links mate

Thanks - different forums have different 'rules'.

Jimmi

09 Nov 2014, 8:00 pm #59
As you may know I have a Flickr Photostream which I try to update as much as possible, recently I've noticed that many of my photos have been of Arriva's buses and many of them have been in Darlington and I feel that my Photostream may be becoming a bit repetitive, so at the moment I am currently looking into taking photos in some different places, in the next week or so I plan to take photos in Barnard Castle, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Sunderland. I am also planning to get some photos in slightly different places like Richmond, Northallerton and places on Teesside and in Tyne and Wear in the coming months.

Does anyone know any great spots to take photos in Gateshead and Newcastle area.

I hope you will all enjoy viewing my photos when they are taken and uploaded to my Photostream.
Jimmi
09 Nov 2014, 8:00 pm #59

As you may know I have a Flickr Photostream which I try to update as much as possible, recently I've noticed that many of my photos have been of Arriva's buses and many of them have been in Darlington and I feel that my Photostream may be becoming a bit repetitive, so at the moment I am currently looking into taking photos in some different places, in the next week or so I plan to take photos in Barnard Castle, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Sunderland. I am also planning to get some photos in slightly different places like Richmond, Northallerton and places on Teesside and in Tyne and Wear in the coming months.

Does anyone know any great spots to take photos in Gateshead and Newcastle area.

I hope you will all enjoy viewing my photos when they are taken and uploaded to my Photostream.

09 Nov 2014, 8:01 pm #60
(09 Nov 2014, 8:00 pm)Jimmi As you may know I have a Flickr Photostream which I try to update as much as possible, recently I've noticed that many of my photos have been of Arriva's buses and many of them have been in Darlington and I feel that my Photostream may be becoming a bit repetitive, so at the moment I am currently looking into taking photos in some different places, in the next week or so I plan to take photos in Barnard Castle, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Sunderland. I am also planning to get some photos in slightly different places like Richmond, Northallerton and places on Teesside and in Tyne and Wear in the coming months.

There are some lovely spots on the outskirts of Chester, if you want I'll list them for you!
R852 PRG
09 Nov 2014, 8:01 pm #60

(09 Nov 2014, 8:00 pm)Jimmi As you may know I have a Flickr Photostream which I try to update as much as possible, recently I've noticed that many of my photos have been of Arriva's buses and many of them have been in Darlington and I feel that my Photostream may be becoming a bit repetitive, so at the moment I am currently looking into taking photos in some different places, in the next week or so I plan to take photos in Barnard Castle, Gateshead, Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Sunderland. I am also planning to get some photos in slightly different places like Richmond, Northallerton and places on Teesside and in Tyne and Wear in the coming months.

There are some lovely spots on the outskirts of Chester, if you want I'll list them for you!

Pages (21): Previous 1 2 3 421 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average