Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Transport Photography

Transport Photography

Transport Photography

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (21): Previous 119 20 21
Malarkey

23 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm #401
So a few weeks back I bought some old Negatives off of eBay, and got them digitally reproduced at Speilmans in The Galleries so I could upload them onto my flickr account, which cost £16 to do.

Having had a look at them on my computer I am not happy with the quality to which they've been reproduced, as some on a clear sunny day look dull and I am not sure on what to do next as I don't want to upload them.

Would I be better off going back to Speilmans and complain, or could I perhaps purchase a photocopier which has the capability of digitally reproducing negatives, I have attached a few of them below to see what you guys think.
Edited 23 Oct 2016, 6:46 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
23 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm #401

So a few weeks back I bought some old Negatives off of eBay, and got them digitally reproduced at Speilmans in The Galleries so I could upload them onto my flickr account, which cost £16 to do.

Having had a look at them on my computer I am not happy with the quality to which they've been reproduced, as some on a clear sunny day look dull and I am not sure on what to do next as I don't want to upload them.

Would I be better off going back to Speilmans and complain, or could I perhaps purchase a photocopier which has the capability of digitally reproducing negatives, I have attached a few of them below to see what you guys think.

MurdnunoC

23 Oct 2016, 7:03 pm #402
(23 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm)Malarkey So a few weeks back I bought some old Negatives off of eBay, and got them digitally reproduced at Speilmans in The Galleries so I could upload them onto my flickr account, which cost £16 to do.

Love the desty on that Mercedes Demonstrator. Almost looks as if it's been photoshopped.
MurdnunoC
23 Oct 2016, 7:03 pm #402

(23 Oct 2016, 6:45 pm)Malarkey So a few weeks back I bought some old Negatives off of eBay, and got them digitally reproduced at Speilmans in The Galleries so I could upload them onto my flickr account, which cost £16 to do.

Love the desty on that Mercedes Demonstrator. Almost looks as if it's been photoshopped.

Malarkey

19 Nov 2016, 11:48 pm #403
Been taking quite a few "Night Shots" in the past few weeks, so I thought i'd share what I have taken thus far, more to be uploaded tomorrow.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...2785351604
Malarkey
19 Nov 2016, 11:48 pm #403

Been taking quite a few "Night Shots" in the past few weeks, so I thought i'd share what I have taken thus far, more to be uploaded tomorrow.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...2785351604

Malarkey

31 Dec 2016, 12:02 pm #404
A collection of my best photos from 2016 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...8531822075
Malarkey
31 Dec 2016, 12:02 pm #404

A collection of my best photos from 2016 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...8531822075

Adrian

01 Sep 2019, 9:00 pm #405

In a now-removed Facebook post, the 500 Group appear to have entered into an "agreement" with Stagecoach, that photos taken of what is visible of their depot from a public place, will not be published without prior consent... 

Does anyone know anything about this or able to expand on it? 

.png
teeside500.png
Size: 109.76 KB / Downloads: 79

It is complete nonsense and no enthusiast group can make an agreement that attempts to supersede a legal right in statute. If Stagecoach don't want photographs taken of their depot from a public place, then I'd recommend conifer trees.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Sep 2019, 9:00 pm #405

In a now-removed Facebook post, the 500 Group appear to have entered into an "agreement" with Stagecoach, that photos taken of what is visible of their depot from a public place, will not be published without prior consent... 

Does anyone know anything about this or able to expand on it? 

.png
teeside500.png
Size: 109.76 KB / Downloads: 79

It is complete nonsense and no enthusiast group can make an agreement that attempts to supersede a legal right in statute. If Stagecoach don't want photographs taken of their depot from a public place, then I'd recommend conifer trees.

Jimmi

01 Sep 2019, 9:18 pm #406
Believe some photos were posted of the Enviro 400s that have transfered to Stockton, these were apparently taken through gaps in the fence from outside the depot.

If this is how things are going to be then I would advise getting some massive sheets or something to hide the incoming new E200 MMCs when they arrive
Jimmi
01 Sep 2019, 9:18 pm #406

Believe some photos were posted of the Enviro 400s that have transfered to Stockton, these were apparently taken through gaps in the fence from outside the depot.

If this is how things are going to be then I would advise getting some massive sheets or something to hide the incoming new E200 MMCs when they arrive

Rob44

02 Sep 2019, 10:22 am #407
sorry to sound like an amateur but why would stagecoach not want photos of there buses taken and put on a facebook group?
Rob44
02 Sep 2019, 10:22 am #407

sorry to sound like an amateur but why would stagecoach not want photos of there buses taken and put on a facebook group?

Malarkey

30 Dec 2020, 6:04 pm #408
A look back at 2020 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...2848260548

Despite the tough year we have all been through the one thing that as kept me ticking over is photographing buses which at the start of the year using a Cannon EOS 2000D I was not enjoying at all due to how poor I felt the quality of my photos were so I wasn't going out as much and only specifically for the rare allocations from the first lockdown.

I then in July decided to sell the terrible Cannon and go back to Nikon in which I purchased a D5600, best decision I could've ever made as I immediately noticed the difference in the quality of my photos some of which have featured and publicised for promotional purposes by Go North East and The Go-Ahead Group across there social media platforms along with the Northern Echo who were a bit naughty by simply cutting and pasting Go North East's article from there own website, to be honest I don't the time or the energy to chase them up on this due to work etc resulting in little time for myself. 

Overall I am quite proud to have some of my photos used and hope this continues into 2021, hopefully it won't be long before we are back to some normality as I had planned to spend a week down on the South Coast this year with visits to Plymouth, Cornwall and Brighton as I never been down that area of the country before, I had also planned on going to Manchester, along with a few days down in Yorkshire/North West going around Leeds, Sheffield, Barnsley, Burnley and Blackburn and then down to Birmingham, Nottingham and Reading but all these plans got shelved as each time I had a week or 2 off the government have put us in some form of Lockdown so opted not to take the risk therefore stuck locally.

I would also like to give out some praise to my fellow enthusiasts who take photographs locally as I have to say some of those I have viewed mainly on Flickr in the past 12 months have been some of the best I have seen, seems everyone is improving which is fantastic to see and really shows off Buses in our locality in a bright light which I would think would attract enthusiasts to come up here and vice-versa.

Finally I would like to wish everyone on NEB all the best for the New Year, surely it can't be any worse than 2020. 

Malarkey
Malarkey
30 Dec 2020, 6:04 pm #408

A look back at 2020 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...2848260548

Despite the tough year we have all been through the one thing that as kept me ticking over is photographing buses which at the start of the year using a Cannon EOS 2000D I was not enjoying at all due to how poor I felt the quality of my photos were so I wasn't going out as much and only specifically for the rare allocations from the first lockdown.

I then in July decided to sell the terrible Cannon and go back to Nikon in which I purchased a D5600, best decision I could've ever made as I immediately noticed the difference in the quality of my photos some of which have featured and publicised for promotional purposes by Go North East and The Go-Ahead Group across there social media platforms along with the Northern Echo who were a bit naughty by simply cutting and pasting Go North East's article from there own website, to be honest I don't the time or the energy to chase them up on this due to work etc resulting in little time for myself. 

Overall I am quite proud to have some of my photos used and hope this continues into 2021, hopefully it won't be long before we are back to some normality as I had planned to spend a week down on the South Coast this year with visits to Plymouth, Cornwall and Brighton as I never been down that area of the country before, I had also planned on going to Manchester, along with a few days down in Yorkshire/North West going around Leeds, Sheffield, Barnsley, Burnley and Blackburn and then down to Birmingham, Nottingham and Reading but all these plans got shelved as each time I had a week or 2 off the government have put us in some form of Lockdown so opted not to take the risk therefore stuck locally.

I would also like to give out some praise to my fellow enthusiasts who take photographs locally as I have to say some of those I have viewed mainly on Flickr in the past 12 months have been some of the best I have seen, seems everyone is improving which is fantastic to see and really shows off Buses in our locality in a bright light which I would think would attract enthusiasts to come up here and vice-versa.

Finally I would like to wish everyone on NEB all the best for the New Year, surely it can't be any worse than 2020. 

Malarkey

Jimmi

30 Dec 2020, 7:23 pm #409
(30 Dec 2020, 6:04 pm)Malarkey I then in July decided to sell the terrible Cannon and go back to Nikon in which I purchased a D5600, best decision I could've ever made as I immediately noticed the difference in the quality of my photos

I also upgraded to the Nikon D5600 this year as the D5100 was getting on and starting to develop some issues with the photo quality declining.

I was fairly lucky with trips including stays in Scotland and Cornwall in late summer/autumn although Wales I had to put back 3 times thus far especially annoying as the TfW Pacer 142s are being withdrawn now which I wanted to catch.

I'm mostly uploading archive content right now with a few bits of photos from more recent weeks/months appearing: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/
Jimmi
30 Dec 2020, 7:23 pm #409

(30 Dec 2020, 6:04 pm)Malarkey I then in July decided to sell the terrible Cannon and go back to Nikon in which I purchased a D5600, best decision I could've ever made as I immediately noticed the difference in the quality of my photos

I also upgraded to the Nikon D5600 this year as the D5100 was getting on and starting to develop some issues with the photo quality declining.

I was fairly lucky with trips including stays in Scotland and Cornwall in late summer/autumn although Wales I had to put back 3 times thus far especially annoying as the TfW Pacer 142s are being withdrawn now which I wanted to catch.

I'm mostly uploading archive content right now with a few bits of photos from more recent weeks/months appearing: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/

Malarkey

30 Dec 2020, 10:18 pm #410
(30 Dec 2020, 7:23 pm)Jimmi I also upgraded to the Nikon D5600 this year as the D5100 was getting on and starting to develop some issues with the photo quality declining.

I went from a D5200 to a Cannon EOS 2000D to the D5600 - Middle part was the worst decision I had made.

I've got quite a bit of Archive stuff to upload mainly Independents and First Group that I have not yet uploaded.
Malarkey
30 Dec 2020, 10:18 pm #410

(30 Dec 2020, 7:23 pm)Jimmi I also upgraded to the Nikon D5600 this year as the D5100 was getting on and starting to develop some issues with the photo quality declining.

I went from a D5200 to a Cannon EOS 2000D to the D5600 - Middle part was the worst decision I had made.

I've got quite a bit of Archive stuff to upload mainly Independents and First Group that I have not yet uploaded.

17 Jun 2021, 7:58 pm #411
Inspired by the rulings on various Facebook groups I have decided to ban all photography of my various classic motor vehicles: namely my Lada Riva, Proton GEN-2, and Daewoo Nubira.

Over the past year, I have caught many so-called Daewoo enthusiasts hiding behind corners, hoping to snap my pride and joy before it is ready for the road. I was also annoyed by Proton enthusiasts trying to take a picture as I was driving on public roads between Shotley Bridge and Consett whilst taking my car for its annual MOT. There's no doubt I'll encounter Lada enthusiasts too, at some point.

I'm happy for people to take photographs of my cars, but only at my behest and only when the time is right.

Thank you for understanding.
Clifton Hignett III
17 Jun 2021, 7:58 pm #411

Inspired by the rulings on various Facebook groups I have decided to ban all photography of my various classic motor vehicles: namely my Lada Riva, Proton GEN-2, and Daewoo Nubira.

Over the past year, I have caught many so-called Daewoo enthusiasts hiding behind corners, hoping to snap my pride and joy before it is ready for the road. I was also annoyed by Proton enthusiasts trying to take a picture as I was driving on public roads between Shotley Bridge and Consett whilst taking my car for its annual MOT. There's no doubt I'll encounter Lada enthusiasts too, at some point.

I'm happy for people to take photographs of my cars, but only at my behest and only when the time is right.

Adrian

17 Jun 2021, 9:50 pm #412
(17 Jun 2021, 7:58 pm)Clifton Hignett III Inspired by the rulings on various Facebook groups I have decided to ban all photography of my various classic motor vehicles: namely my Lada Riva, Proton GEN-2, and Daewoo Nubira.

There's a Daewoo enthusiasts group...?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adrian
17 Jun 2021, 9:50 pm #412

(17 Jun 2021, 7:58 pm)Clifton Hignett III Inspired by the rulings on various Facebook groups I have decided to ban all photography of my various classic motor vehicles: namely my Lada Riva, Proton GEN-2, and Daewoo Nubira.

There's a Daewoo enthusiasts group...?

18 Jun 2021, 6:04 am #413
(17 Jun 2021, 9:50 pm)Adrian There's a Daewoo enthusiasts group...?

There are two actually: North East Daewoo and Daewoo North East.

The latter group only allows top quality photos of Daewoos, unless of course you're the son of one of the moderators, then any old crap will be fawned over.
Clifton Hignett III
18 Jun 2021, 6:04 am #413

(17 Jun 2021, 9:50 pm)Adrian There's a Daewoo enthusiasts group...?

There are two actually: North East Daewoo and Daewoo North East.

The latter group only allows top quality photos of Daewoos, unless of course you're the son of one of the moderators, then any old crap will be fawned over.

Train8261

21 Jul 2021, 8:28 am #414
So it seems Arriva Kent has a problem if you take a photo of one of there buses

[attachment=9858]
Train8261
21 Jul 2021, 8:28 am #414

So it seems Arriva Kent has a problem if you take a photo of one of there buses

[attachment=9858]

Adrian

21 Jul 2021, 9:25 am #415
(21 Jul 2021, 8:28 am)Train8261 So it seems Arriva Kent has a problem if you take a photo of one of there buses

'in breach of their GDPR' - what does that even mean? Great to know that an organisation processing personal data, trains their staff in at least a basic understanding of GDPR... Rolleyes

Adrian
21 Jul 2021, 9:25 am #415

(21 Jul 2021, 8:28 am)Train8261 So it seems Arriva Kent has a problem if you take a photo of one of there buses

'in breach of their GDPR' - what does that even mean? Great to know that an organisation processing personal data, trains their staff in at least a basic understanding of GDPR... Rolleyes

21 Jul 2021, 9:29 am #416
(21 Jul 2021, 9:25 am)Adrian 'in breach of their GDPR' - what does that even mean? Great to know that an organisation processing personal data, trains their staff in at least a basic understanding of GDPR... Rolleyes

Last time I checked you can take a picture of anyone or anything you want as long as it's visible from public property.
If they don't want their photo taken, maybe don't get a public facing job!
streetdeckfan
21 Jul 2021, 9:29 am #416

(21 Jul 2021, 9:25 am)Adrian 'in breach of their GDPR' - what does that even mean? Great to know that an organisation processing personal data, trains their staff in at least a basic understanding of GDPR... Rolleyes

Last time I checked you can take a picture of anyone or anything you want as long as it's visible from public property.
If they don't want their photo taken, maybe don't get a public facing job!

V514DFT

07 Oct 2021, 12:05 am #417
I saw a bus spotter at Eldon Square Bus Station yesterday (6/10/21),and he photoed the Streetlite i was which was on the 12,so if your a member on here,hello,and i'll possibly see myself in your photo

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
07 Oct 2021, 12:05 am #417

I saw a bus spotter at Eldon Square Bus Station yesterday (6/10/21),and he photoed the Streetlite i was which was on the 12,so if your a member on here,hello,and i'll possibly see myself in your photo

Kind Regards
Tez

Malarkey

29 Mar 2022, 4:06 pm #418
Some photos from my recent trip to Harrogate, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield & Huddersfield - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...0297494090
Malarkey
29 Mar 2022, 4:06 pm #418

Some photos from my recent trip to Harrogate, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield & Huddersfield - https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalark...0297494090

Pages (21): Previous 119 20 21

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average