Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Durham County Council

Durham County Council

Durham County Council

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5
Andreos1

06 Feb 2019, 2:43 pm #81
Check out @DurhamCouncil’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DurhamCouncil/status...91137?s=09

County Durham strategy outlined. Events planned

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Feb 2019, 2:43 pm #81

Check out @DurhamCouncil’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DurhamCouncil/status...91137?s=09

County Durham strategy outlined. Events planned

GuyParkRoyal

26 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm #82
Durham County Council have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of an Interactive Public Transport Map. The map will take the form of a public facing website and provide graphical information on bus routes, timetables and fares. It will also cover cycle and walking routes as well as incorporating real-time and disruption information within County Durham and connecting routes in adjacent areas.
The contract is expected to start in February 2022 and operate until January 2029.
GuyParkRoyal
26 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm #82

Durham County Council have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of an Interactive Public Transport Map. The map will take the form of a public facing website and provide graphical information on bus routes, timetables and fares. It will also cover cycle and walking routes as well as incorporating real-time and disruption information within County Durham and connecting routes in adjacent areas.
The contract is expected to start in February 2022 and operate until January 2029.

Storx

26 Nov 2021, 1:39 pm #83
(26 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm)GuyParkRoyal Durham County Council have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of an Interactive Public Transport Map. The map will take the form of a public facing website and provide graphical information on bus routes, timetables and fares. It will also cover cycle and walking routes as well as incorporating real-time and disruption information within County Durham and connecting routes in adjacent areas.

Seems an awful waste of money when transport around here is all supposed to be joined up thinking. Surely one website for the whole area ie Nexus since Northumberland already work with them would be more worthwhile.
Storx
26 Nov 2021, 1:39 pm #83

(26 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm)GuyParkRoyal Durham County Council have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of an Interactive Public Transport Map. The map will take the form of a public facing website and provide graphical information on bus routes, timetables and fares. It will also cover cycle and walking routes as well as incorporating real-time and disruption information within County Durham and connecting routes in adjacent areas.

Seems an awful waste of money when transport around here is all supposed to be joined up thinking. Surely one website for the whole area ie Nexus since Northumberland already work with them would be more worthwhile.

26 Nov 2021, 1:59 pm #84

May I refer them to Google Maps. Which, I'm fairly sure, meets the criteria

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
26 Nov 2021, 1:59 pm #84

May I refer them to Google Maps. Which, I'm fairly sure, meets the criteria

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Jimmi

15 Jul 2022, 7:10 pm #85
No service 104 for a while after Rural Link withdrew from the contract today, locals will need to use the Link2 scheme as an alternative.

Cllr Liz Maddison has sent this message regarding bus services.

I have just been advised by the DCC Passenger Transport Services Manager of the following cancellation of bus services between Newfield and Ramshaw.

"I am sorry to have to advise you that our contractor on local bus service 104 between Newfield and Ramshaw is surrendering the contract following the end of service today, Friday 15th July. The reason is the unprecedented critical shortage of drivers.

Driver shortage is unfortunately also the reason we have so far been unable to secure an alternative provider so regrettably there
there will be no service on this route from Saturday. Please be assured we are working on a variety of options but the break in service is, I am afraid, unavoidable and the short notice nature of the change (and our inability to cover) mean the information is not yet widely known in the community.

Monday to Friday passengers unable to travel by other means will be able to book the Link2 dial-a-ride service though please be aware this operates on a first come first served basis so there might not always be capacity at the desired time. Link2 can be booked by calling 03000 269999".
Jimmi
15 Jul 2022, 7:10 pm #85

No service 104 for a while after Rural Link withdrew from the contract today, locals will need to use the Link2 scheme as an alternative.

Cllr Liz Maddison has sent this message regarding bus services.

I have just been advised by the DCC Passenger Transport Services Manager of the following cancellation of bus services between Newfield and Ramshaw.

"I am sorry to have to advise you that our contractor on local bus service 104 between Newfield and Ramshaw is surrendering the contract following the end of service today, Friday 15th July. The reason is the unprecedented critical shortage of drivers.

Driver shortage is unfortunately also the reason we have so far been unable to secure an alternative provider so regrettably there
there will be no service on this route from Saturday. Please be assured we are working on a variety of options but the break in service is, I am afraid, unavoidable and the short notice nature of the change (and our inability to cover) mean the information is not yet widely known in the community.

Monday to Friday passengers unable to travel by other means will be able to book the Link2 dial-a-ride service though please be aware this operates on a first come first served basis so there might not always be capacity at the desired time. Link2 can be booked by calling 03000 269999".

Jimmi

17 Jun 2023, 3:12 pm #86
More than 260 new spaces to be created at Durham City Park and Ride site
https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/29636/...-Ride-site

"We are extending our Sniperley site, located between the A691 and A167, in a move that will increase the total number of parking spaces to in excess of 580."

"The extension will create an additional 262 spaces including 29 disabled bays, 18 electric charging bays and four motorhome bays."
Jimmi
17 Jun 2023, 3:12 pm #86

More than 260 new spaces to be created at Durham City Park and Ride site
https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/29636/...-Ride-site

"We are extending our Sniperley site, located between the A691 and A167, in a move that will increase the total number of parking spaces to in excess of 580."

"The extension will create an additional 262 spaces including 29 disabled bays, 18 electric charging bays and four motorhome bays."

Andreos1

29 Feb 2024, 10:01 am #87
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c72g9lw5gw0o

I can't see the removal of this bridge doing anything to help traffic.

Andreos1
29 Feb 2024, 10:01 am #87

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c72g9lw5gw0o

I can't see the removal of this bridge doing anything to help traffic.

BusLoverMum

29 Feb 2024, 4:48 pm #88
Or pedestrians. Crossing the roads around that roundabout is a nightmare.
BusLoverMum
29 Feb 2024, 4:48 pm #88

Or pedestrians. Crossing the roads around that roundabout is a nightmare.

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average