Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates 16/01/15 Downtime: Your suggestions

16/01/15 Downtime: Your suggestions

16/01/15 Downtime: Your suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
Tommy1581

19 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm #41
"MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1040 - Too many connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support."

Also had an Internal Server Error and 404 Not Found as well.
Tommy1581
19 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm #41

"MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1040 - Too many connections
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support."

Also had an Internal Server Error and 404 Not Found as well.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Jan 2015, 6:08 pm #42
https://www.bihira.com/whmcompletesoluti...status.php

Bihira's server load for Mahal was sitting at 68.49 when I checked it. It isn't meant to exceed 16.00.
Dan
19 Jan 2015, 6:08 pm #42

https://www.bihira.com/whmcompletesoluti...status.php

Bihira's server load for Mahal was sitting at 68.49 when I checked it. It isn't meant to exceed 16.00.

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm #43
Server load shot up to the mid-50s again, which was why the website has just gone down for the second time within the hour.

I've sent an e-mail to Bihira, and I'll keep you all updated on the outcome.
Dan
19 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm #43

Server load shot up to the mid-50s again, which was why the website has just gone down for the second time within the hour.

I've sent an e-mail to Bihira, and I'll keep you all updated on the outcome.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2015, 9:39 am #44
Bihira have replied, and they have told me that they were working on the servers to prevent high server loads.

The site itself does seem to be running a bit faster this morning, although we're still not completely happy with it. Liam and I intend to split the main operator topics by month as a temporary measure to see if this helps things. It's definitely the easiest way for us to get rid of the massive 18,000 post thread at the moment. We'll sort it similar to how Andreos suggested on Page 1 of this thread. If you guys like it, we can keep it. If you don't, we'll work on splitting it by topic.

If you notice the main operator threads disappearing from the board today - it's just us restricting access so that we can split them.
Dan
20 Jan 2015, 9:39 am #44

Bihira have replied, and they have told me that they were working on the servers to prevent high server loads.

The site itself does seem to be running a bit faster this morning, although we're still not completely happy with it. Liam and I intend to split the main operator topics by month as a temporary measure to see if this helps things. It's definitely the easiest way for us to get rid of the massive 18,000 post thread at the moment. We'll sort it similar to how Andreos suggested on Page 1 of this thread. If you guys like it, we can keep it. If you don't, we'll work on splitting it by topic.

If you notice the main operator threads disappearing from the board today - it's just us restricting access so that we can split them.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2015, 11:57 am #45
We've now split all of the 'Go North East - Latest' threads by month, and they're in a special part of the forum only accessible by forum mod/admins.

Despite doing all of this, quoting still poses a challenge... Back to the drawing board - as it doesn't seem to be a NEB-related issue at all!
Dan
20 Jan 2015, 11:57 am #45

We've now split all of the 'Go North East - Latest' threads by month, and they're in a special part of the forum only accessible by forum mod/admins.

Despite doing all of this, quoting still poses a challenge... Back to the drawing board - as it doesn't seem to be a NEB-related issue at all!

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2015, 3:26 pm #46
Thoughts and opinions on the Go North East section of the forum?
Dan
20 Jan 2015, 3:26 pm #46

Thoughts and opinions on the Go North East section of the forum?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Jan 2015, 3:29 pm #47
(20 Jan 2015, 3:26 pm)Dan Thoughts and opinions on the Go North East section of the forum?
Looking good Mr G...

Im future will postings go in the relevant sub boards, or are they there just as yhe archive???
MrFozz
20 Jan 2015, 3:29 pm #47

(20 Jan 2015, 3:26 pm)Dan Thoughts and opinions on the Go North East section of the forum?
Looking good Mr G...

Im future will postings go in the relevant sub boards, or are they there just as yhe archive???

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm #48
(20 Jan 2015, 3:29 pm)MrFozz Looking good Mr G...

I should note that we are going to split the Rare and Odd Workings threads for each of the big three, too.

Basically, as soon as the calendar month ends, the 'January 2015' thread will be unstickied and closed, and a 'February 2015' thread will be created and stickied so it appears at the top and sectioned off a little. So the 'normal' threads are achived to a degree.

This is assuming that everyone is fine with what we've done, of course. We had to split the threads as a number one priority to fix any possible issues on our side, and it was far easier to split them monthly rather than by topics at that point. There is no reason why they can't be split manually into topics now, but if everyone is fine with what we've achieved already, then we needn't go any further.
Dan
20 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm #48

(20 Jan 2015, 3:29 pm)MrFozz Looking good Mr G...

I should note that we are going to split the Rare and Odd Workings threads for each of the big three, too.

Basically, as soon as the calendar month ends, the 'January 2015' thread will be unstickied and closed, and a 'February 2015' thread will be created and stickied so it appears at the top and sectioned off a little. So the 'normal' threads are achived to a degree.

This is assuming that everyone is fine with what we've done, of course. We had to split the threads as a number one priority to fix any possible issues on our side, and it was far easier to split them monthly rather than by topics at that point. There is no reason why they can't be split manually into topics now, but if everyone is fine with what we've achieved already, then we needn't go any further.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm #49
It is looking good fella...

The forum also seems to be a bit quicker today, I am having no problem quoting atm and threads seem to open relatively quick
MrFozz
20 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm #49

It is looking good fella...

The forum also seems to be a bit quicker today, I am having no problem quoting atm and threads seem to open relatively quick

20 Jan 2015, 3:45 pm #50
I'm happy with what's happening! Smile
R852 PRG
20 Jan 2015, 3:45 pm #50

I'm happy with what's happening! Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm #51
(20 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm)MrFozz It is looking good fella...

Thanks... Liam did most of the work via the forum database, so I can't take credit for it all!

What's odd is that Tapatalk is quoting fine, but the desktop version of the forum still won't work properly.
Dan
20 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm #51

(20 Jan 2015, 3:43 pm)MrFozz It is looking good fella...

Thanks... Liam did most of the work via the forum database, so I can't take credit for it all!

What's odd is that Tapatalk is quoting fine, but the desktop version of the forum still won't work properly.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

20 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm #52
(20 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm)Dan Thanks... Liam did most of the work via the forum database, so I can't take credit for it all!

I almost always use tapatalk, very rarely use the desktop version, so can only comment on Tapatalk...

Big hand to Liam as well
MrFozz
20 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm #52

(20 Jan 2015, 3:47 pm)Dan Thanks... Liam did most of the work via the forum database, so I can't take credit for it all!

I almost always use tapatalk, very rarely use the desktop version, so can only comment on Tapatalk...

Big hand to Liam as well

20 Jan 2015, 3:50 pm #53
I'm the same as Fozz, I'd say 2/3 of my posts are sent via Tapatalk, including most of my PMs.
R852 PRG
20 Jan 2015, 3:50 pm #53

I'm the same as Fozz, I'd say 2/3 of my posts are sent via Tapatalk, including most of my PMs.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm #54
Still a substantial amount of users who do post via the desktop version, so we need to stamp out these quoting issues! 'Quick Reply' is great and all, but not ideal as anything other than a workaround.

I've gone begging for help on the myBB Community Forums again... Tongue
Dan
20 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm #54

Still a substantial amount of users who do post via the desktop version, so we need to stamp out these quoting issues! 'Quick Reply' is great and all, but not ideal as anything other than a workaround.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jan 2015, 7:45 am #55
(20 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm)Dan Still a substantial amount of users who do post via the desktop version, so we need to stamp out these quoting issues! 'Quick Reply' is great and all, but not ideal as anything other than a workaround.

Quoting and editing appears to be working fine this morning! Taking a few seconds to load, but I can tolerate that...
Dan
21 Jan 2015, 7:45 am #55

(20 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm)Dan Still a substantial amount of users who do post via the desktop version, so we need to stamp out these quoting issues! 'Quick Reply' is great and all, but not ideal as anything other than a workaround.

Quoting and editing appears to be working fine this morning! Taking a few seconds to load, but I can tolerate that...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Jan 2015, 7:47 am #56
(21 Jan 2015, 7:45 am)Dan Quoting and editing appears to be working fine this morning! Taking a few seconds to load, but I can tolerate that...
Being a bit slow doesn't bother me anymore...I have that much shite on my phone and tablet I have become accustomed to things going slow Big Grin
Edited 21 Jan 2015, 7:48 am by MrFozz.
MrFozz
21 Jan 2015, 7:47 am #56

(21 Jan 2015, 7:45 am)Dan Quoting and editing appears to be working fine this morning! Taking a few seconds to load, but I can tolerate that...
Being a bit slow doesn't bother me anymore...I have that much shite on my phone and tablet I have become accustomed to things going slow Big Grin

citaro5284

22 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm #57
(20 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm)Dan I should note that we are going to split the Rare and Odd Workings threads for each of the big three, too.

Just wondering if the glue has come off, as the GNE latest January thread seems not to be 'stickied' anymore?
citaro5284
22 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm #57

(20 Jan 2015, 3:39 pm)Dan I should note that we are going to split the Rare and Odd Workings threads for each of the big three, too.

Just wondering if the glue has come off, as the GNE latest January thread seems not to be 'stickied' anymore?

22 Jan 2015, 8:26 pm #58
(22 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm)citaro5284 Just wondering if the glue has come off, as the GNE latest January thread seems not to be 'stickied' anymore?

Is that meant to be a pun? Tongue
R852 PRG
22 Jan 2015, 8:26 pm #58

(22 Jan 2015, 8:23 pm)citaro5284 Just wondering if the glue has come off, as the GNE latest January thread seems not to be 'stickied' anymore?

Is that meant to be a pun? Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm #59

I'm not sure about this, citaro5284!

I certainly didn't unsticky it and didn't intend on doing so until February 1st. Will put more glue on now, and hopefully it'll not come off again this time until it's due to do so!
Dan
22 Jan 2015, 8:27 pm #59

I'm not sure about this, citaro5284!

I certainly didn't unsticky it and didn't intend on doing so until February 1st. Will put more glue on now, and hopefully it'll not come off again this time until it's due to do so!

Adrian

22 Jan 2015, 9:18 pm #60
I recall this happening before, but can't remember whether it was when we were moving individual posts to new threads, or something else? 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Jan 2015, 9:18 pm #60

I recall this happening before, but can't remember whether it was when we were moving individual posts to new threads, or something else? 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average