Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (23) Previous 121 22 23
Michael

31 Mar 2013, 11:08 am #441
5245 was on the X66 yesterday.

what is happening with 5151 - 5166 (all 12 of them), are they still getting branded for the 17.

Is the Omi's is getting branded at Percy main - 5243 - 5249 and 5274.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Mar 2013, 11:08 am #441

5245 was on the X66 yesterday.

what is happening with 5151 - 5166 (all 12 of them), are they still getting branded for the 17.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Mar 2013, 11:10 am #442
(31 Mar 2013, 11:08 am)Michael 5245 was on the X66 yesterday.

Renowns for the 17 are due to be branded soon I'm led to believe - no details on the brand name have been given to me yet.

Omnicity 5243-6 are to be branded for the service 19, under the new brand name of "Connect Cobalt".
I assume the ones destined for service 9 will also be branded, given that the PVR has seen an increase.
Dan
31 Mar 2013, 11:10 am #442

(31 Mar 2013, 11:08 am)Michael 5245 was on the X66 yesterday.

Renowns for the 17 are due to be branded soon I'm led to believe - no details on the brand name have been given to me yet.

Omnicity 5243-6 are to be branded for the service 19, under the new brand name of "Connect Cobalt".
I assume the ones destined for service 9 will also be branded, given that the PVR has seen an increase.

Michael

31 Mar 2013, 11:19 am #443
Cheers
The name seems decent for the 19 even though it should be.. Cobalt Connect but we know what GNE is like..

Wonder what the brand will be for the 17, what are peoples ideas for names?
Edited 31 Mar 2013, 11:19 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Mar 2013, 11:19 am #443

Cheers
The name seems decent for the 19 even though it should be.. Cobalt Connect but we know what GNE is like..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

31 Mar 2013, 11:27 am #444
Former service 252 is now being operated by Durham CC (with one trip operated by Central Coaches) - timetable here: http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt/252_DCC.pdf
tyresmoke
31 Mar 2013, 11:27 am #444

Former service 252 is now being operated by Durham CC (with one trip operated by Central Coaches) - timetable here: http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt/252_DCC.pdf

korn90

Regular

31 Mar 2013, 12:00 pm #445
(31 Mar 2013, 11:19 am)Michael Cheers

Yellow Submarine for 17/17A i would have called it or The Rising Sun wouldnt be surprised
korn90
31 Mar 2013, 12:00 pm #445

(31 Mar 2013, 11:19 am)Michael Cheers

Yellow Submarine for 17/17A i would have called it or The Rising Sun wouldnt be surprised

Malarkey

31 Mar 2013, 3:22 pm #446
I've mine set up for months now like that, I just haven't had much time or the money to go out and take photos of specific brands, I personally not a big fan of people of who make accusations of copying as they can be quite offensive as you and Daniel have both experienced in recent weeks. The way I see it is simple and easier way to display my photos, just like you do with yours, Yeah mine maybe set out similar to yours Daniel but it was other users layout of sets which lead me setting mine out in such a way.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...115017137/
Some photos have been added from today after I biked it from Washington to Heworth in aid of keeping myself fit.

6011 and 3885 were the GNE Buses I seen on the X901

Also 6047 has been added to Tyne Tees Xpress Set.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
Edited 31 Mar 2013, 4:01 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
31 Mar 2013, 3:22 pm #446

I've mine set up for months now like that, I just haven't had much time or the money to go out and take photos of specific brands, I personally not a big fan of people of who make accusations of copying as they can be quite offensive as you and Daniel have both experienced in recent weeks. The way I see it is simple and easier way to display my photos, just like you do with yours, Yeah mine maybe set out similar to yours Daniel but it was other users layout of sets which lead me setting mine out in such a way.

Some photos have been added from today after I biked it from Washington to Heworth in aid of keeping myself fit.

6011 and 3885 were the GNE Buses I seen on the X901

Also 6047 has been added to Tyne Tees Xpress Set.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

gtom

Banned

31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm #447
Unless you developed Pixelmania, Flickr, Fotopic etc then you have no claims to how one should display photos!

Lot's of sites are similar in layout, simplybusphotos ages ago did a layout like that.

When I was younger photography wasn't digital, people organised photos by collection in albums, all your Leyland Atlanteans for one company in one file, nationals in another. Everyone did it, hardly copying.

The whole argument is typical of why I tend to stay away from photos and displaying my old collections (including model collections) because I can't be bothered with the back biting of some enthusiasts

Does it really matter as long as someone, somewhere can enjoy and share your photos? It personally doesn't bother me to know when a bus was bought, what it operates on, what its fleet number is, I just appreciate a good photo.
gtom
31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm #447

Unless you developed Pixelmania, Flickr, Fotopic etc then you have no claims to how one should display photos!

Lot's of sites are similar in layout, simplybusphotos ages ago did a layout like that.

When I was younger photography wasn't digital, people organised photos by collection in albums, all your Leyland Atlanteans for one company in one file, nationals in another. Everyone did it, hardly copying.

The whole argument is typical of why I tend to stay away from photos and displaying my old collections (including model collections) because I can't be bothered with the back biting of some enthusiasts

Does it really matter as long as someone, somewhere can enjoy and share your photos? It personally doesn't bother me to know when a bus was bought, what it operates on, what its fleet number is, I just appreciate a good photo.

Malarkey

31 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm #448
I totally agree gtomlinson, I'm personally sick of these little keyboard warrior think they no it all but know jack sh** passing judgement on myself for the quality of my photos, telling me I need a new camera when I have recently just bought one a few months back. Then on top of that you have crying bitching and moaning over you copying someone elses layout of photos.

I take photos to share my love for buses with others, not for the sake of the above which hacks me off and they wonder why I give them such a grilling at times.

Overall i'm 20 years old, i'm an adult who keeps himself to himself to avoid the above altercations, but if you insult me or the photos I take I'm just going sit there and nothing i'm tell how it is, if they don't like it tough in my opinion.

This is why now we have people like yourself gtomlinson who are unwilling to share there photos with others because the above which is great shame if i'm honest, because no doubt you some truely fantastic photos past and present which in turn provide some great memories for some enthusiasts like myself.
Malarkey
31 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm #448

I totally agree gtomlinson, I'm personally sick of these little keyboard warrior think they no it all but know jack sh** passing judgement on myself for the quality of my photos, telling me I need a new camera when I have recently just bought one a few months back. Then on top of that you have crying bitching and moaning over you copying someone elses layout of photos.

I take photos to share my love for buses with others, not for the sake of the above which hacks me off and they wonder why I give them such a grilling at times.

Overall i'm 20 years old, i'm an adult who keeps himself to himself to avoid the above altercations, but if you insult me or the photos I take I'm just going sit there and nothing i'm tell how it is, if they don't like it tough in my opinion.

This is why now we have people like yourself gtomlinson who are unwilling to share there photos with others because the above which is great shame if i'm honest, because no doubt you some truely fantastic photos past and present which in turn provide some great memories for some enthusiasts like myself.

gtom

Banned

31 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm #449
Exactly.

I enjoy your photos and others. Here's why

I like photos of buses as a vehicle.
I like photos of my local area

That's it. I don't care how many pixels, where it was taken from, whether a bus driver let me into a depot, who else was involved...it's just a photo!

I mean, my phone, a Galaxy S3 has 8 mega pixels, pretty much better than the camera I took on my first foreign holiday! It does a job. It might not win a competition but it does a job and my friends/family can see the photos I've taken pretty clearly!

But your spot on, it is a shame, I won't share my photos because I've been burned at rallys when an enthusiast took exception to my photo of an OK Mini bus covering a breakdown on the 724 with 'there's a glint of sun covering the axle'.....

I mean really?
gtom
31 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm #449

Exactly.

I enjoy your photos and others. Here's why

I like photos of buses as a vehicle.
I like photos of my local area

That's it. I don't care how many pixels, where it was taken from, whether a bus driver let me into a depot, who else was involved...it's just a photo!

I mean, my phone, a Galaxy S3 has 8 mega pixels, pretty much better than the camera I took on my first foreign holiday! It does a job. It might not win a competition but it does a job and my friends/family can see the photos I've taken pretty clearly!

But your spot on, it is a shame, I won't share my photos because I've been burned at rallys when an enthusiast took exception to my photo of an OK Mini bus covering a breakdown on the 724 with 'there's a glint of sun covering the axle'.....

I mean really?

Michael

31 Mar 2013, 9:25 pm #450
I wonder, anyone on the forum not from the North east, if so what do you think of the idea to brand buses with different names, does it stand out for visitors?

Only asking because Daniel uploaded a picture of the Man united Coach, i was wondering what they thought when they seen a FAB 56 or a Simplicity.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Mar 2013, 9:25 pm #450

I wonder, anyone on the forum not from the North east, if so what do you think of the idea to brand buses with different names, does it stand out for visitors?

Only asking because Daniel uploaded a picture of the Man united Coach, i was wondering what they thought when they seen a FAB 56 or a Simplicity.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

31 Mar 2013, 9:40 pm #451
(31 Mar 2013, 11:27 am)tyresmoke Former service 252 is now being operated by Durham CC (with one trip operated by Central Coaches) - timetable here: http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt/252_DCC.pdf

Any idea what vehicle?
Tom
31 Mar 2013, 9:40 pm #451

(31 Mar 2013, 11:27 am)tyresmoke Former service 252 is now being operated by Durham CC (with one trip operated by Central Coaches) - timetable here: http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/tt/252_DCC.pdf

Any idea what vehicle?

Adrian

31 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm #452
I'm with Adam Malarkey and gtomlinson on the whole photos thing. I find that spotters can be worse than women when it comes to being bitchy, especially over photos - and that's saying something. As long as you keep on enjoying taking your photos and sharing them with the rest of us, you should continue doing that. Constructive criticism is good and you need to hear that, but criticism is disappointing when it gets to the point of becoming either offensive or bitchy.

On ways of organizing - lets not try to reinvent the wheel eh? Sorting by category is nothing new, and has been around for centuries.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm #452

I'm with Adam Malarkey and gtomlinson on the whole photos thing. I find that spotters can be worse than women when it comes to being bitchy, especially over photos - and that's saying something. As long as you keep on enjoying taking your photos and sharing them with the rest of us, you should continue doing that. Constructive criticism is good and you need to hear that, but criticism is disappointing when it gets to the point of becoming either offensive or bitchy.

On ways of organizing - lets not try to reinvent the wheel eh? Sorting by category is nothing new, and has been around for centuries.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (23) Previous 121 22 23

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average