Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (56): Previous 154 55 56
tyresmoke

31 Aug 2013, 9:08 pm #1,101
It was a Volvo B10BLE admittedly but it had to be one of the worst examples around.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
31 Aug 2013, 9:08 pm #1,101

It was a Volvo B10BLE admittedly but it had to be one of the worst examples around.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm #1,102
I quite liked the old girl!
Dan
31 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm #1,102

I quite liked the old girl!

31 Aug 2013, 9:29 pm #1,103
(31 Aug 2013, 4:53 pm)cbma06 Are the Venture mpd's younger than East Durham mpd's?, if there are younger then there probably go to Peterlee "If" the solos are going to displace the Venture mpd's. Why is it that GNE are using the Venture brand then why are there not keeping up the OK Travel brand for?.

I live in Peterlee and the East Durham Brand is horrible, I would perfered if GNE brand the East Durham bus services as Ok Travel or Ok Way (18) and have the X7 as OK Expressway or if not then just plain red Northern.

Don't know why GNE could do a deal with Arriva purchasing the bus depot at Peterlee and GNE could maintain and house the East Durham Brand services and also could house the following services: X35,X7, possible some X9/X10 buses, and possible some drifters from service 60 and 61 with journeys commencing and terminating at Peterlee on mornings and evenings.

And you never know that if this Nexus Contract comes into effect and if GNE has the ex Arriva Depot at Peterlee then GNE could start running more commercial bus services in County Durham area which may displease Arriva.

The buses they have there are certainly past their best. They desperately need something doing with the entire fleet!!

The old Peterlee Arriva depot has already been taken by Caterpillar. Wonder if Go North East regret not trying hard enough to get it when they could...
pcvdriver
31 Aug 2013, 9:29 pm #1,103

(31 Aug 2013, 4:53 pm)cbma06 Are the Venture mpd's younger than East Durham mpd's?, if there are younger then there probably go to Peterlee "If" the solos are going to displace the Venture mpd's. Why is it that GNE are using the Venture brand then why are there not keeping up the OK Travel brand for?.

I live in Peterlee and the East Durham Brand is horrible, I would perfered if GNE brand the East Durham bus services as Ok Travel or Ok Way (18) and have the X7 as OK Expressway or if not then just plain red Northern.

Don't know why GNE could do a deal with Arriva purchasing the bus depot at Peterlee and GNE could maintain and house the East Durham Brand services and also could house the following services: X35,X7, possible some X9/X10 buses, and possible some drifters from service 60 and 61 with journeys commencing and terminating at Peterlee on mornings and evenings.

And you never know that if this Nexus Contract comes into effect and if GNE has the ex Arriva Depot at Peterlee then GNE could start running more commercial bus services in County Durham area which may displease Arriva.

The buses they have there are certainly past their best. They desperately need something doing with the entire fleet!!

The old Peterlee Arriva depot has already been taken by Caterpillar. Wonder if Go North East regret not trying hard enough to get it when they could...

31 Aug 2013, 9:34 pm #1,104
Also on the thoughts of the MPD's, aren't the newer ones causing more trouble than the older x and 51 reg ones??
pcvdriver
31 Aug 2013, 9:34 pm #1,104

Also on the thoughts of the MPD's, aren't the newer ones causing more trouble than the older x and 51 reg ones??

gtom

Banned

31 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm #1,105
(31 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm)Daniel I quite liked the old girl!

I have fond memories of her random trips on the 28. Fantastic legroom.
Turned up on the pre hybrid 21s a fair few times too.

Then again. I liked the Optare Excels....
Edited 31 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm by gtom.
gtom
31 Aug 2013, 11:35 pm #1,105

(31 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm)Daniel I quite liked the old girl!

I have fond memories of her random trips on the 28. Fantastic legroom.
Turned up on the pre hybrid 21s a fair few times too.

Then again. I liked the Optare Excels....

Pages (56): Previous 154 55 56

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average