Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (40): Previous 138 39 40
Tom

31 Mar 2014, 8:52 pm #781
(31 Mar 2014, 8:41 pm)Dan As the shuttle bus doesn't appear to have been organised BY Go North East and instead by a local community group in Hebburn working with Go North East, I'd have assumed that this shuttle bus would be free to use.

As originally posted by Liam:
https://m.facebook.com/hebburnandmidtyne...2259534753

How far in advance do VOSA registrations have to be submitted? Think it is around 50 days, isn't it? If so, they'll have to be submitting that registration fairly promptly if it is going to be taking fares.

Is it a temporary service?
Tom
31 Mar 2014, 8:52 pm #781

(31 Mar 2014, 8:41 pm)Dan As the shuttle bus doesn't appear to have been organised BY Go North East and instead by a local community group in Hebburn working with Go North East, I'd have assumed that this shuttle bus would be free to use.

As originally posted by Liam:
https://m.facebook.com/hebburnandmidtyne...2259534753

How far in advance do VOSA registrations have to be submitted? Think it is around 50 days, isn't it? If so, they'll have to be submitting that registration fairly promptly if it is going to be taking fares.

Is it a temporary service?

BJ10VUS

31 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm #782
(31 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm)nk55 My thought on that tag line is if anybody falls when the bus is stopping then they've been advised to remain seated.

Yeah, I agree with you, but it's displayed on the screens and on notices posted throughout the vehicles, it shouldn't have to be said. It isn't said on other routes such as the 4, 56 or 58.
BJ10VUS
31 Mar 2014, 8:54 pm #782

(31 Mar 2014, 7:05 pm)nk55 My thought on that tag line is if anybody falls when the bus is stopping then they've been advised to remain seated.

Yeah, I agree with you, but it's displayed on the screens and on notices posted throughout the vehicles, it shouldn't have to be said. It isn't said on other routes such as the 4, 56 or 58.

31 Mar 2014, 9:11 pm #783
(31 Mar 2014, 7:55 pm)G-CPTN There are several female drivers running the GNE buses from Hexham.

At Percy Main depot, there are four to my knowledge.
Edited 31 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm by Davey Bowyer.
Davey Bowyer
31 Mar 2014, 9:11 pm #783

(31 Mar 2014, 7:55 pm)G-CPTN There are several female drivers running the GNE buses from Hexham.

At Percy Main depot, there are four to my knowledge.

Tom

31 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm #784
(31 Mar 2014, 9:11 pm)Davey Bowyer At Percy Main depot, there are three to my knowledge..

Yeah, I know of three, and that's it.
Tom
31 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm #784

(31 Mar 2014, 9:11 pm)Davey Bowyer At Percy Main depot, there are three to my knowledge..

Yeah, I know of three, and that's it.

G-CPTN

31 Mar 2014, 9:19 pm #785
Dilston Bridge (near Corbridge) is closed until July for major strengthening works.

All but one of the bus services between Hexham and Corbridge (and Newcastle and Carlisle) use Dilston Bridge and will instead use the A69 'bypass'.

To cater for passengers between Hexham and Corbridge a shuttle bus (Howard Snaith) is operating FOC alternating between the ends.

GNE aren't exactly happy (with it being free and taking passengers between Hexham and Corbridge) though very few passengers are using the shuttle for end-to-end journeys - it is only hourly whereas passengers normally have 5 buses an hour each way - which are still running end to end. It's only those passengers between Hexham and Dilston and Corbridge and Dilston that need the service.

To have two shuttles running independently would be twice the cost.

Just saying that neither GNE or Arriva (or Stagecoach) were awarded the contract - understandable really as Arriva and Stagecoach would have had to service from Newcastle or Carlisle and GNE would have had an advantage being based in Hexham.

Howard Snaith is using a minibus temporarily (?) based in Hexham with a local driver.

Makes sense, really . . .
G-CPTN
31 Mar 2014, 9:19 pm #785

Dilston Bridge (near Corbridge) is closed until July for major strengthening works.

All but one of the bus services between Hexham and Corbridge (and Newcastle and Carlisle) use Dilston Bridge and will instead use the A69 'bypass'.

To cater for passengers between Hexham and Corbridge a shuttle bus (Howard Snaith) is operating FOC alternating between the ends.

GNE aren't exactly happy (with it being free and taking passengers between Hexham and Corbridge) though very few passengers are using the shuttle for end-to-end journeys - it is only hourly whereas passengers normally have 5 buses an hour each way - which are still running end to end. It's only those passengers between Hexham and Dilston and Corbridge and Dilston that need the service.

To have two shuttles running independently would be twice the cost.

Just saying that neither GNE or Arriva (or Stagecoach) were awarded the contract - understandable really as Arriva and Stagecoach would have had to service from Newcastle or Carlisle and GNE would have had an advantage being based in Hexham.

Howard Snaith is using a minibus temporarily (?) based in Hexham with a local driver.

Makes sense, really . . .

31 Mar 2014, 9:25 pm #786
I have a lot of fond memories of GNE and Coastline since I was only a little boy:

- Services 325 and 325 and the Lance Wright 320's in old Coastline colours.
- Going full circle on the 326 with my Dad.
- ECW's on the 308 in Coastline colours.
- Riding on a ELC Lolyne on the 326 when I was 6. The driver was lovely and even showed me all the bells and whistles including back then, the CCTV screen in the cab.
- The introduction of Volvo Olympians on the 308.
- The old Easy Access 1998 livery.
- The Optare Excels.
- Driver changeovers on Verne Road.
- Launch of the Cobalt Clipper and Scania Omnicitys back in 2007.
-Turn up and go with 300, 305, 325 and 326.
- Optare Excels being replaced by 8201 to 8212 in 2005.
- Launch of the Centurion brand.
- Launch of the Volvo B9TL on the Cobalt Clipper.
- AND most importantly, the good old controller and the radio.
Davey Bowyer
31 Mar 2014, 9:25 pm #786

I have a lot of fond memories of GNE and Coastline since I was only a little boy:

- Services 325 and 325 and the Lance Wright 320's in old Coastline colours.
- Going full circle on the 326 with my Dad.
- ECW's on the 308 in Coastline colours.
- Riding on a ELC Lolyne on the 326 when I was 6. The driver was lovely and even showed me all the bells and whistles including back then, the CCTV screen in the cab.
- The introduction of Volvo Olympians on the 308.
- The old Easy Access 1998 livery.
- The Optare Excels.
- Driver changeovers on Verne Road.
- Launch of the Cobalt Clipper and Scania Omnicitys back in 2007.
-Turn up and go with 300, 305, 325 and 326.
- Optare Excels being replaced by 8201 to 8212 in 2005.
- Launch of the Centurion brand.
- Launch of the Volvo B9TL on the Cobalt Clipper.
- AND most importantly, the good old controller and the radio.

Pages (40): Previous 138 39 40

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average