Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (23) Previous 1 2 323 Next
mattdw92

02 May 2013, 6:26 pm #21
(02 May 2013, 3:17 pm)Wellsey18 NK55 OLM is on the X21 to Newcastle got a picture which will be posted on my Flickr soon, anyone interested my Flickr name is the same as my name on here

And there's the picture------ http://www.flickr.com/photos/69217501@N0...hotostream

Two OK's were were also running on the X21 last Friday too.
Deptford allowing 542 out on the X3 again this afternoon.
Edited 02 May 2013, 6:27 pm by mattdw92.
mattdw92
02 May 2013, 6:26 pm #21

(02 May 2013, 3:17 pm)Wellsey18 NK55 OLM is on the X21 to Newcastle got a picture which will be posted on my Flickr soon, anyone interested my Flickr name is the same as my name on here

And there's the picture------ http://www.flickr.com/photos/69217501@N0...hotostream

Two OK's were were also running on the X21 last Friday too.
Deptford allowing 542 out on the X3 again this afternoon.

Wellsey18

03 May 2013, 7:09 am #22
Are any of the versas going to end up at Percy main because i think they would be ideal buses to stick on the 17 or the 9 maybe? Anyone else agree/disagree
Wellsey18
03 May 2013, 7:09 am #22

Are any of the versas going to end up at Percy main because i think they would be ideal buses to stick on the 17 or the 9 maybe? Anyone else agree/disagree

Michael

03 May 2013, 7:24 am #23
(03 May 2013, 7:09 am)Wellsey18 Are any of the versas going to end up at Percy main because i think they would be ideal buses to stick on the 17 or the 9 maybe? Anyone else agree/disagree

Probley's not, the Drifter and Saltwell Park Versa's are heading to Washington for the Washington Street Shuttle... I bet they will look great in a silver base and hopefullya new Washington street shuttle brand style.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 May 2013, 7:24 am #23

(03 May 2013, 7:09 am)Wellsey18 Are any of the versas going to end up at Percy main because i think they would be ideal buses to stick on the 17 or the 9 maybe? Anyone else agree/disagree

Probley's not, the Drifter and Saltwell Park Versa's are heading to Washington for the Washington Street Shuttle... I bet they will look great in a silver base and hopefullya new Washington street shuttle brand style.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

03 May 2013, 7:43 am #24
From the latest North Eastern Traffic area, [/align]Notice and Proceedings issue 2148.

GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Director(s): Keith Down, David Brown, McPHERSON COLIN, CARR KEVIN.
117 QUEEN STREET GATESHEAD NE8 2UA
Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: SUNDERLAND ROAD GATESHEAD NE8 3LU ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 123 vehicle(s),
Increased authorisation at existing operating centre: HIGH STREET STANLEY DH9 0TE ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 68 vehicle(s),
Increased authorisation at existing operating centre: SITE 11,, SALTMEADOWS ROAD , GATESHEAD NE8 3AH ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 26 vehicle(s),
Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: ELDDIS TRANSPORT, DELVES LANE , CONSETT DH8 7LH ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 13 vehicle(s),

cbma06
03 May 2013, 7:43 am #24

From the latest North Eastern Traffic area, [/align]Notice and Proceedings issue 2148.

GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Director(s): Keith Down, David Brown, McPHERSON COLIN, CARR KEVIN.
117 QUEEN STREET GATESHEAD NE8 2UA
Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: SUNDERLAND ROAD GATESHEAD NE8 3LU ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 123 vehicle(s),
Increased authorisation at existing operating centre: HIGH STREET STANLEY DH9 0TE ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 68 vehicle(s),
Increased authorisation at existing operating centre: SITE 11,, SALTMEADOWS ROAD , GATESHEAD NE8 3AH ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 26 vehicle(s),
Decreased authorisation at existing operating centre: ELDDIS TRANSPORT, DELVES LANE , CONSETT DH8 7LH ()
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 13 vehicle(s),

Dan

Site Administrator

03 May 2013, 7:44 am #25
I hope they do get repainted and the Washington Street Shuttle brand isn't green...
Dan
03 May 2013, 7:44 am #25

I hope they do get repainted and the Washington Street Shuttle brand isn't green...

Venturego

03 May 2013, 8:40 am #26
(03 May 2013, 7:44 am)Daniel I hope they do get repainted and the Washington Street Shuttle brand isn't green...

Or Red with corporate Northern branding..... ! Too many branded buses are running on other (wrong)routes. Branding is OK on a few "special" services, but GNEs use of branded buses seems to have spiralled out of control. Bus Depot managers don't seem to understand the importance of keeping branded buses running only on specified services, which they carry the brand for.
Branded buses running on other routes cause confusion especially with Visitors to our region, the Elderly, and some other customers.
The Northern red brand could be much improved, to promote a quality corporate image (See Lothian Buses)
- Maybe this will be taken out of the Bus Operators' hands when Nexus introduce Quality service contracts (and if Lord Adonis' report is taken on board. a larger PTE covering Nexus' area plus Northumberland & County Durham (LA7) - We would then have a region wide brand (as London transport) with only small legal titles indicating operating company.
Venturego
03 May 2013, 8:40 am #26

(03 May 2013, 7:44 am)Daniel I hope they do get repainted and the Washington Street Shuttle brand isn't green...

Or Red with corporate Northern branding..... ! Too many branded buses are running on other (wrong)routes. Branding is OK on a few "special" services, but GNEs use of branded buses seems to have spiralled out of control. Bus Depot managers don't seem to understand the importance of keeping branded buses running only on specified services, which they carry the brand for.
Branded buses running on other routes cause confusion especially with Visitors to our region, the Elderly, and some other customers.
The Northern red brand could be much improved, to promote a quality corporate image (See Lothian Buses)
- Maybe this will be taken out of the Bus Operators' hands when Nexus introduce Quality service contracts (and if Lord Adonis' report is taken on board. a larger PTE covering Nexus' area plus Northumberland & County Durham (LA7) - We would then have a region wide brand (as London transport) with only small legal titles indicating operating company.

eezypeazy

03 May 2013, 9:06 am #27
(03 May 2013, 8:40 am)Venturego Maybe this will be taken out of the Bus Operators' hands when Nexus introduce Quality service contracts (and if Lord Adonis' report is taken on board. a larger PTE covering Nexus' area plus Northumberland & County Durham (LA7) - We would then have a region wide brand (as London transport) with only small legal titles indicating operating company.
A region-wide brand would be a case of "chucking the baby out with the bathwater" - it would be a disaster, removing all the benefits that GNE, SNE and now Arriva have proved come from good marketing.

And don't forget that Nexus' believes it works, too - why else are Quaylink and Sunderland Connect in distinctive liveries?
eezypeazy
03 May 2013, 9:06 am #27

(03 May 2013, 8:40 am)Venturego Maybe this will be taken out of the Bus Operators' hands when Nexus introduce Quality service contracts (and if Lord Adonis' report is taken on board. a larger PTE covering Nexus' area plus Northumberland & County Durham (LA7) - We would then have a region wide brand (as London transport) with only small legal titles indicating operating company.
A region-wide brand would be a case of "chucking the baby out with the bathwater" - it would be a disaster, removing all the benefits that GNE, SNE and now Arriva have proved come from good marketing.

And don't forget that Nexus' believes it works, too - why else are Quaylink and Sunderland Connect in distinctive liveries?

Venturego

03 May 2013, 10:27 am #28
(03 May 2013, 9:06 am)eezypeazy

I agree some brands, which are relative work very well (Quaylink) but GNE have too many brands that mean very little, have no link with corporate identity, and in many cases are operated on incorrect routes - just look at some previous posts re. Lambton Worm on Lime, Quaylink running in Jarrow etc.... Good Marketing works well, Bad management of marketing is a disaster. Lothian Buses keep a smart corporate identity, with effective route sub-branding which works very well. This has recently been extended by slight variation of colour scheme for long distance/outside of Greater Edinburgh area. Quality image is maintained in a corporate brand identity which portrays the company's brand values well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelst138/8640133216/

Mix of Old (scattered diamonds) and New below:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&gs_rn=12&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=4&gs_id=2q&xhr=t&q=lothian+buses&biw=1440&bih=712&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=1Y-DUYr3MMnL0AXdpICYDg#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=lothian+buses+branding&oq=lothian+buses+branding&gs_l=img.12...73357.77029.0.79764.9.9.0.0.0.0.473.1243.6j2j4-1.9.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.7ap_tYxsTls&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.d2k&fp=d5101b66a71c9517&biw=1440&bih=712

And here the interpretation of their corporate branding for subsidiary East Lothian (after taking over First bus operation in the area:
http://thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=950

Timetables are also given in an excellent format:
http://lothianbuses.com/timetables-tickets-maps
Edited 03 May 2013, 10:43 am by Venturego.
Venturego
03 May 2013, 10:27 am #28

(03 May 2013, 9:06 am)eezypeazy

I agree some brands, which are relative work very well (Quaylink) but GNE have too many brands that mean very little, have no link with corporate identity, and in many cases are operated on incorrect routes - just look at some previous posts re. Lambton Worm on Lime, Quaylink running in Jarrow etc.... Good Marketing works well, Bad management of marketing is a disaster. Lothian Buses keep a smart corporate identity, with effective route sub-branding which works very well. This has recently been extended by slight variation of colour scheme for long distance/outside of Greater Edinburgh area. Quality image is maintained in a corporate brand identity which portrays the company's brand values well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelst138/8640133216/

Mix of Old (scattered diamonds) and New below:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&gs_rn=12&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=4&gs_id=2q&xhr=t&q=lothian+buses&biw=1440&bih=712&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=1Y-DUYr3MMnL0AXdpICYDg#um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=lothian+buses+branding&oq=lothian+buses+branding&gs_l=img.12...73357.77029.0.79764.9.9.0.0.0.0.473.1243.6j2j4-1.9.0...0.0...1c.1.12.img.7ap_tYxsTls&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.45960087,d.d2k&fp=d5101b66a71c9517&biw=1440&bih=712

And here the interpretation of their corporate branding for subsidiary East Lothian (after taking over First bus operation in the area:
http://thebuspeople.co.uk/?p=950

Timetables are also given in an excellent format:
http://lothianbuses.com/timetables-tickets-maps

Dan

Site Administrator

03 May 2013, 11:34 am #29
I don't think that it's essential for brands to link with corporate identity? Stagecoach North East certainly do link their brands to their corporate identity (a recent example being the revised "100 metrocentre" branding), but I can't say it's any more effective than that of Go North East's all-over branding?

I'm a massive fan of Lothian, but can't say that their way of doing things is any more effective than that of Go North East's methods? It would be unfair to even compare the two companies as they are anyway... From what I understand, Lothian is a municipal bus company. How can we compare Lothian to Go North East if Lothian as a company isn't owned in the same way as Go North East? Lothian can afford to invest in new vehicles because the City of Edinburgh Council are paid a sum of money by the UK's Department of Transport for such a purpose?

As we all know, Go North East are increasing the reliability of their fleet by investing in a lot of new vehicles - some of which will also hopefully be Euro 6, when a suitable vehicle has been chosen after demonstrations. I agree wholeheartedly with the points raised about incorrect allocations, and branded vehicles appearing on the wrong service, but surely this isn't a reason for all companies within the North East to come together to form a quality contract? I find it somewhat unorthodox for that suggestion to be made, when there are perhaps better reasons in support of quality contracts being beneficial. This huge investment just shows that management of marketing isn't as bad as you claim. If Go North East are willing to invest in further vehicles to withdraw older vehicles from the fleet and have those vehicles that do hold the corporate livery at present replaced with newer, more reliable examples which are used on branded service work at the moment, can't you see that steps are in place to rectify some of the issues you have made?

Although a lot of brands have been added to the fleet lately, a lot have also been discarded. Examples of this? 24, 64, 95, 96, 9, X25, West Durham... A lot of the brands that have been recently added to the network hold few vehicles to its brand. QEH, S1, Festival NE, X40, Cobalt Connect? Various companies are paying for those buses under the mentioned brands to be branded. Not only must Go North East, Nexus and other bus companies think it's a good idea to brand vehicles, but other companies who are paying for these vehicles to be branded on the services being contracted must also think that! Generally speaking, if we discard the brands being paid for externally rather than by Go North East, the number of brands is in fact decreasing. Points have been raised regarding a number of brands recently, and their relevance to the services which they hold. Go North East have had their reasons for reviving or retaining brands, but examples of these brands weren't ever meant to be permanent. A temporary solution. I think it's highly possible that if brands have vehicles which are holding older vehicles which could be used elsewhere, the brand will receive a more suitable name with newer vehicles or it will go Northern. Think 19 - it had a vehicle upgrade and the irrelevant brand name has gone, and it now holds a sensible brand name which is relevant. Anyone can guess sensibly what may happen in the future, following the new arrival of vehicles to the fleet. They may not be correct, but I can happily say that I agree with some of the suggestions made regarding some brands to see vehicle upgrades etc, with the existing lot being used as "Northern" or being withdrawn completely. This all links in with network branding. I see positive things for the future, and, providing voluntary agreements are put in place rather than quality contracts, they can be fulfilled.
Dan
03 May 2013, 11:34 am #29

I don't think that it's essential for brands to link with corporate identity? Stagecoach North East certainly do link their brands to their corporate identity (a recent example being the revised "100 metrocentre" branding), but I can't say it's any more effective than that of Go North East's all-over branding?

I'm a massive fan of Lothian, but can't say that their way of doing things is any more effective than that of Go North East's methods? It would be unfair to even compare the two companies as they are anyway... From what I understand, Lothian is a municipal bus company. How can we compare Lothian to Go North East if Lothian as a company isn't owned in the same way as Go North East? Lothian can afford to invest in new vehicles because the City of Edinburgh Council are paid a sum of money by the UK's Department of Transport for such a purpose?

As we all know, Go North East are increasing the reliability of their fleet by investing in a lot of new vehicles - some of which will also hopefully be Euro 6, when a suitable vehicle has been chosen after demonstrations. I agree wholeheartedly with the points raised about incorrect allocations, and branded vehicles appearing on the wrong service, but surely this isn't a reason for all companies within the North East to come together to form a quality contract? I find it somewhat unorthodox for that suggestion to be made, when there are perhaps better reasons in support of quality contracts being beneficial. This huge investment just shows that management of marketing isn't as bad as you claim. If Go North East are willing to invest in further vehicles to withdraw older vehicles from the fleet and have those vehicles that do hold the corporate livery at present replaced with newer, more reliable examples which are used on branded service work at the moment, can't you see that steps are in place to rectify some of the issues you have made?

Although a lot of brands have been added to the fleet lately, a lot have also been discarded. Examples of this? 24, 64, 95, 96, 9, X25, West Durham... A lot of the brands that have been recently added to the network hold few vehicles to its brand. QEH, S1, Festival NE, X40, Cobalt Connect? Various companies are paying for those buses under the mentioned brands to be branded. Not only must Go North East, Nexus and other bus companies think it's a good idea to brand vehicles, but other companies who are paying for these vehicles to be branded on the services being contracted must also think that! Generally speaking, if we discard the brands being paid for externally rather than by Go North East, the number of brands is in fact decreasing. Points have been raised regarding a number of brands recently, and their relevance to the services which they hold. Go North East have had their reasons for reviving or retaining brands, but examples of these brands weren't ever meant to be permanent. A temporary solution. I think it's highly possible that if brands have vehicles which are holding older vehicles which could be used elsewhere, the brand will receive a more suitable name with newer vehicles or it will go Northern. Think 19 - it had a vehicle upgrade and the irrelevant brand name has gone, and it now holds a sensible brand name which is relevant. Anyone can guess sensibly what may happen in the future, following the new arrival of vehicles to the fleet. They may not be correct, but I can happily say that I agree with some of the suggestions made regarding some brands to see vehicle upgrades etc, with the existing lot being used as "Northern" or being withdrawn completely. This all links in with network branding. I see positive things for the future, and, providing voluntary agreements are put in place rather than quality contracts, they can be fulfilled.

Andreos1

03 May 2013, 12:10 pm #30
Your point about private organisations paying for branding is interesting.

GNE need extra revenue. All companies are grateful for it.
If the GNE marketing team can sell the virtues of advertising and convince an organisation to pay for an all over advert they will.
That advert, just like any other form of commercial advertising doesnt guarantee success. Any marketeer will focus on the positives and promote their services in an effort to build revenue.
Whether that revenue is made via the traditional advertising on interior, the side panels or rear of buses (where revenue is supposedly falling) or to more adventurous marketing like the bus paints/wraps (who remembers the MCW deckers in the 80s and 90s with all over adverts? TDK, Radio Newcastle and Best Buy), bus tickets (I seem to rember Burger King were offering discounts on burgers in the mid-90s) or via the on-board monitors (that didnt last long!)
It is the world we live in.

However, what guarantees can the operator give that the bus will be working in an appropriate area?
It isnt necessarily a method that can be specifically targeted at an audience either.
And are the audience actually paying attention, if they are used to seeing a brightly coloured bus of some description everyday?
On my travels today I have seen buses of all sorts of descriptions, couldnt tell you about the adverts on the side of them though (there was one vehicle with a rear bonnet advert about an iron supplement, couldnt tell you its name though).
Andreos1
03 May 2013, 12:10 pm #30

Your point about private organisations paying for branding is interesting.

GNE need extra revenue. All companies are grateful for it.
If the GNE marketing team can sell the virtues of advertising and convince an organisation to pay for an all over advert they will.
That advert, just like any other form of commercial advertising doesnt guarantee success. Any marketeer will focus on the positives and promote their services in an effort to build revenue.
Whether that revenue is made via the traditional advertising on interior, the side panels or rear of buses (where revenue is supposedly falling) or to more adventurous marketing like the bus paints/wraps (who remembers the MCW deckers in the 80s and 90s with all over adverts? TDK, Radio Newcastle and Best Buy), bus tickets (I seem to rember Burger King were offering discounts on burgers in the mid-90s) or via the on-board monitors (that didnt last long!)
It is the world we live in.

However, what guarantees can the operator give that the bus will be working in an appropriate area?
It isnt necessarily a method that can be specifically targeted at an audience either.
And are the audience actually paying attention, if they are used to seeing a brightly coloured bus of some description everyday?
On my travels today I have seen buses of all sorts of descriptions, couldnt tell you about the adverts on the side of them though (there was one vehicle with a rear bonnet advert about an iron supplement, couldnt tell you its name though).

Andreos1

03 May 2013, 2:46 pm #31
Can't see anything on their website or any other publicity to add to it, but GNE seem to have a canny offer on Tuesday http://bdaily.co.uk/creative/02-05-2013/...-birthday/.
Andreos1
03 May 2013, 2:46 pm #31

Can't see anything on their website or any other publicity to add to it, but GNE seem to have a canny offer on Tuesday http://bdaily.co.uk/creative/02-05-2013/...-birthday/.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 May 2013, 3:58 pm #32
(03 May 2013, 2:46 pm)Andreos1 Can't see anything on their website or any other publicity to add to it, but GNE seem to have a canny offer on Tuesday http://bdaily.co.uk/creative/02-05-2013/...-birthday/.

Information is to go on the website by next week.
Dan
03 May 2013, 3:58 pm #32

(03 May 2013, 2:46 pm)Andreos1 Can't see anything on their website or any other publicity to add to it, but GNE seem to have a canny offer on Tuesday http://bdaily.co.uk/creative/02-05-2013/...-birthday/.

Adrian

03 May 2013, 4:27 pm #33

I'd like to see the Washington Street Shuttle brand changed in favour of painting the buses up in Wear Buses livery. I'd guess that's pretty unlikely to happen though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
03 May 2013, 4:27 pm #33

I'd like to see the Washington Street Shuttle brand changed in favour of painting the buses up in Wear Buses livery. I'd guess that's pretty unlikely to happen though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

gtom

Banned

03 May 2013, 5:18 pm #34

(03 May 2013, 3:58 pm)Daniel

5p fare? Clearly a cunning plan to increase the drivers 5p float for the next day!

Big Grin
gtom
03 May 2013, 5:18 pm #34

(03 May 2013, 3:58 pm)Daniel

5p fare? Clearly a cunning plan to increase the drivers 5p float for the next day!

Big Grin

Dan

Site Administrator

03 May 2013, 6:24 pm #35
5144 can be seen without the side wrap-ad she previously carried. (LVNW)
Dan
03 May 2013, 6:24 pm #35

5144 can be seen without the side wrap-ad she previously carried. (LVNW)

Andreos1

03 May 2013, 6:46 pm #36
(Today 06:18 PM) gtomlinson
(Today 03:46 PM)Andreos1 Wrote:
Can't see anything on their website or any other publicity to add to it, but GNE seem to have a canny offer on Tuesday http://bdaily.co.uk/creative/02-05-2013/...birthday/.

(Today 04:58 PM)Daniel Wrote:
Can't see anything on their website or any other publicity to add to it, but GNE seem to have a canny offer on Tuesday http://bdaily.co.uk/creative/02-05-2013/...birthday/.

PM Quote

Eeh you cynic you haha
Edited 03 May 2013, 6:47 pm by Andreos1.
Andreos1
03 May 2013, 6:46 pm #36

(Today 06:18 PM) gtomlinson

(Today 04:58 PM)Daniel Wrote:

PM Quote

Eeh you cynic you haha

Adam

03 May 2013, 6:52 pm #37

I noticed it says in the article that there's "a summer party for its staff and stakeholders held at Beamish museum". In Business, a Stakeholder is defined as anyone who is affected or interested in the decisions of a business. Therefore, as we are then classed as stakeholders, does that mean we're invited as well?
Adam
03 May 2013, 6:52 pm #37

I noticed it says in the article that there's "a summer party for its staff and stakeholders held at Beamish museum". In Business, a Stakeholder is defined as anyone who is affected or interested in the decisions of a business. Therefore, as we are then classed as stakeholders, does that mean we're invited as well?

Michael

03 May 2013, 6:58 pm #38
Just the 700/701 timetable change for July on VOSA today

PB0002400/450 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange given service number 700/701 Sunderland City Shuttle effective from 01-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

Route changes, cant renember what to but im sure it includes Roker, it should extend to Seaburn also

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 May 2013, 6:58 pm #38

Just the 700/701 timetable change for July on VOSA today

PB0002400/450 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange given service number 700/701 Sunderland City Shuttle effective from 01-Jul-2013. To amend Timetable.

Route changes, cant renember what to but im sure it includes Roker, it should extend to Seaburn also

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

03 May 2013, 7:04 pm #39
It is a cunning plan by GNE haha, Last week I paid £3.10 for a Washington Day Saver in 5p's I had saved up. That's 62 5p's. I was expecting the Driver to give me some abuse. He did the complete opposite and smiled and thanked me for such a kind donation as had zero 5p's in his float.

As for the Brandings the only problem is with the PVR for the amount of buses for each branding. If one or two are in the depot getting repaired then obviously you are going to see a Northern branded bus on the Service or another branded bus. e.g. Washington Street Shuttle on South Tyne 88 which is a daily occurrence due reliability issues with the Cadets on that service. It's the same with the Citylink Artics and Wheyaye50 as other examples. The other thing is there is enough Northern Spares to accommodate for Branded Buses which are off the road, which is another reason why we Branded Buses on other Branded Services.

Obviously Marketing of those brands are also key as mentioned in other posts. But think from i've read everyone has missed the point i've made above.
Malarkey
03 May 2013, 7:04 pm #39

It is a cunning plan by GNE haha, Last week I paid £3.10 for a Washington Day Saver in 5p's I had saved up. That's 62 5p's. I was expecting the Driver to give me some abuse. He did the complete opposite and smiled and thanked me for such a kind donation as had zero 5p's in his float.

As for the Brandings the only problem is with the PVR for the amount of buses for each branding. If one or two are in the depot getting repaired then obviously you are going to see a Northern branded bus on the Service or another branded bus. e.g. Washington Street Shuttle on South Tyne 88 which is a daily occurrence due reliability issues with the Cadets on that service. It's the same with the Citylink Artics and Wheyaye50 as other examples. The other thing is there is enough Northern Spares to accommodate for Branded Buses which are off the road, which is another reason why we Branded Buses on other Branded Services.

Obviously Marketing of those brands are also key as mentioned in other posts. But think from i've read everyone has missed the point i've made above.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

03 May 2013, 11:38 pm #40
Revised timetables for Prince Bishops, Laser, 61, M1, 923 & X1 have appeared online at Durham County Council -

http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/announcements.asp

It seems that the frequency of Sunday daytime 61's is being reduced to half-hourly.

Also online are special timetables for routes serving Stadium of Light on concert nights.
NEB Admin Team
03 May 2013, 11:38 pm #40

Revised timetables for Prince Bishops, Laser, 61, M1, 923 & X1 have appeared online at Durham County Council -

http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/announcements.asp

It seems that the frequency of Sunday daytime 61's is being reduced to half-hourly.

Also online are special timetables for routes serving Stadium of Light on concert nights.

Pages (23) Previous 1 2 323 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average