Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next
Kuyoyo

10 Feb 2013, 11:34 am #21
(10 Feb 2013, 11:28 am)Michael Not replacing MANs, unless people enjoyed what happened with the 4 in 2009 Wink The oldest MANs will only be replaced if the funding-depending vehicles happen.

How many MANs does Sunderland have?

22072-82
22172/90/96
22214/15
22453/62-4/7/8/86-91/4/5
22664/6/72/3/5
22726-36

44 in total.
Kuyoyo
10 Feb 2013, 11:34 am #21

(10 Feb 2013, 11:28 am)Michael Not replacing MANs, unless people enjoyed what happened with the 4 in 2009 Wink The oldest MANs will only be replaced if the funding-depending vehicles happen.

How many MANs does Sunderland have?

22072-82
22172/90/96
22214/15
22453/62-4/7/8/86-91/4/5
22664/6/72/3/5
22726-36

44 in total.

Michael

10 Feb 2013, 11:43 am #22
Cheers didnt expect us to have that many
Edited 10 Feb 2013, 11:43 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Feb 2013, 11:43 am #22

Cheers didnt expect us to have that many

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Kuyoyo

10 Feb 2013, 11:54 am #23
(10 Feb 2013, 11:43 am)Michael Cheers didnt expect us to have that many

If you think that's a lot, you should see Stockton - 53 ALX300s (plus one VOR with engine failure, likely to be withdrawn given it's officially a reserve vehicle) plus 15 E300-bodied examples.
Kuyoyo
10 Feb 2013, 11:54 am #23

(10 Feb 2013, 11:43 am)Michael Cheers didnt expect us to have that many

If you think that's a lot, you should see Stockton - 53 ALX300s (plus one VOR with engine failure, likely to be withdrawn given it's officially a reserve vehicle) plus 15 E300-bodied examples.

Michael

10 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm #24
To many, the newer MAN's are quite good but the older ones are starting to get worse and worse.

If Sunderland do get buses, they probley's be E200... shame because sometimes i think we need deckers.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm #24

To many, the newer MAN's are quite good but the older ones are starting to get worse and worse.

If Sunderland do get buses, they probley's be E200... shame because sometimes i think we need deckers.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

10 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm #25
SUnderland are getting some E200s this year ive herd to replace the darts, and apparently some gas busses to replace the MANs. Sunderland dont need decekers on any of their routes really, i agree there busy on a morning and night but they never leave anyone at a bus stop, and its a every 10 minute frequency so there isnt long to wait for another one.
10 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm #25

SUnderland are getting some E200s this year ive herd to replace the darts, and apparently some gas busses to replace the MANs. Sunderland dont need decekers on any of their routes really, i agree there busy on a morning and night but they never leave anyone at a bus stop, and its a every 10 minute frequency so there isnt long to wait for another one.

Michael

10 Feb 2013, 12:18 pm #26
Ive also heard Gas buses, the darts are ok but some routes sometimes do need bigger buses.

How many darts have Sunderland got, cant find a fleet list for stagecoach NE
Edited 10 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Feb 2013, 12:18 pm #26

Ive also heard Gas buses, the darts are ok but some routes sometimes do need bigger buses.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Kuyoyo

10 Feb 2013, 12:23 pm #27
(10 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm)Michael To many, the newer MAN's are quite good but the older ones are starting to get worse and worse.

Sunderland don't need Deckers - as proved by the fact they never replaced their Leyland Olympians back in 2006 with cascaded Volvo Olympians. The only depot that doesn't currently have a LF alloation of deckers that needs deckers for front-line work is Stockton, but likelihood is that it will never happen with the current management in change (although from details I've heard, that might be changing shortly).

As for the MANs, here at Stockton we have a sandwich effect - the S/T/V-regs are starting to show their ages (22671 looks brand new inside and out now it's been refurbished), the 03-reg examples are the best and the 54-reg examples are more-trouble than they are worth (they run hotter than the others, so overheat quicker on the summer).

(10 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm)dans_bus_photos SUnderland are getting some E200s this year ive herd to replace the darts, and apparently some gas busses to replace the MANs. Sunderland dont need decekers on any of their routes really, i agree there busy on a morning and night but they never leave anyone at a bus stop, and its a every 10 minute frequency so there isnt long to wait for another one.

21 E200s due in the Autumn, and yes the Gas Buses (Scania K230UB/E300s) are the ones that depend on funding.

(10 Feb 2013, 12:18 pm)Michael Ive also heard Gas buses, the darts are ok but some routes sometimes do need bigger buses.

Can't be looking hard enough for a fleetlist, try this:

http://northeastbus.co.uk/companies/sne/snefleetlist.htm
Edited 10 Feb 2013, 12:26 pm by Kuyoyo.
Kuyoyo
10 Feb 2013, 12:23 pm #27

(10 Feb 2013, 12:09 pm)Michael To many, the newer MAN's are quite good but the older ones are starting to get worse and worse.

Sunderland don't need Deckers - as proved by the fact they never replaced their Leyland Olympians back in 2006 with cascaded Volvo Olympians. The only depot that doesn't currently have a LF alloation of deckers that needs deckers for front-line work is Stockton, but likelihood is that it will never happen with the current management in change (although from details I've heard, that might be changing shortly).

As for the MANs, here at Stockton we have a sandwich effect - the S/T/V-regs are starting to show their ages (22671 looks brand new inside and out now it's been refurbished), the 03-reg examples are the best and the 54-reg examples are more-trouble than they are worth (they run hotter than the others, so overheat quicker on the summer).

(10 Feb 2013, 12:13 pm)dans_bus_photos SUnderland are getting some E200s this year ive herd to replace the darts, and apparently some gas busses to replace the MANs. Sunderland dont need decekers on any of their routes really, i agree there busy on a morning and night but they never leave anyone at a bus stop, and its a every 10 minute frequency so there isnt long to wait for another one.

21 E200s due in the Autumn, and yes the Gas Buses (Scania K230UB/E300s) are the ones that depend on funding.

(10 Feb 2013, 12:18 pm)Michael Ive also heard Gas buses, the darts are ok but some routes sometimes do need bigger buses.

Can't be looking hard enough for a fleetlist, try this:

http://northeastbus.co.uk/companies/sne/snefleetlist.htm

Michael

10 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm #28

Cheers, seems long away, i really hope we get the Scania K230UB/E300s, at least its something diffrent in the fleet.

Do u have any idea when we will find out if we have had the funding accepted?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm #28

Cheers, seems long away, i really hope we get the Scania K230UB/E300s, at least its something diffrent in the fleet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Kuyoyo

10 Feb 2013, 12:37 pm #29
(10 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm)Michael 21 E200s due in the Autumn, and yes the Gas Buses (Scania K230UB/E300s) are the ones that depend on funding.

May - when the Green Bus Funding is announced Wink
Kuyoyo
10 Feb 2013, 12:37 pm #29

(10 Feb 2013, 12:33 pm)Michael 21 E200s due in the Autumn, and yes the Gas Buses (Scania K230UB/E300s) are the ones that depend on funding.

May - when the Green Bus Funding is announced Wink

Michael

10 Feb 2013, 12:44 pm #30
Thanks =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Feb 2013, 12:44 pm #30

Thanks =D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm #31
I was speaking to another Stagecoach in Sunderland bus driver this morning as she was driving me to and from school (on different bus services too, so it was quite a pleasure) and despite being late, she was still happy to talk to me while I stood at the front...

I asked her about the number of vehicles Sunderland are to inherit, and she said that it was 25 to her knowledge too! Kuyoyo, do you mind if I ask you where you've retrieved your information regarding these vehicles? I mean, I know these drivers aren't enthusiasts and probably do the job to get money to put food on their table back at home, but surely they'd have some knowledge on the vehicles entering the fleet - given that they drive for that division of the Stagecoach North East subsidiary?

Regarding the Alexander Dennis Enviro 300GS bodied Scania KUB270s - do we know a number before May when the Green Bus Funding is announced or not?
Impressive contraptions nevertheless:
http://www.buszone.co.uk/E300GS_081112_21.jpg
http://www.buszone.co.uk/E300GS_081112_14.jpg
http://www.buszone.co.uk/E300GS_081112_3.jpg
Dan
13 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm #31

I was speaking to another Stagecoach in Sunderland bus driver this morning as she was driving me to and from school (on different bus services too, so it was quite a pleasure) and despite being late, she was still happy to talk to me while I stood at the front...

I asked her about the number of vehicles Sunderland are to inherit, and she said that it was 25 to her knowledge too! Kuyoyo, do you mind if I ask you where you've retrieved your information regarding these vehicles? I mean, I know these drivers aren't enthusiasts and probably do the job to get money to put food on their table back at home, but surely they'd have some knowledge on the vehicles entering the fleet - given that they drive for that division of the Stagecoach North East subsidiary?

Regarding the Alexander Dennis Enviro 300GS bodied Scania KUB270s - do we know a number before May when the Green Bus Funding is announced or not?
Impressive contraptions nevertheless:
http://www.buszone.co.uk/E300GS_081112_21.jpg
http://www.buszone.co.uk/E300GS_081112_14.jpg
http://www.buszone.co.uk/E300GS_081112_3.jpg

Kuyoyo

13 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm #32
(13 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm)Daniel I was speaking to another Stagecoach in Sunderland bus driver this morning as she was driving me to and from school (on different bus services too, so it was quite a pleasure) and despite being late, she was still happy to talk to me while I stood at the front...

I have been passed the information by a contact who works for Stagecoach who actually recieves the order list from head office. Therefore, if there's 21 buses officially on order and a further 17 awaiting funding on the order sheet, then that is what is coming.

Rule one of being an enthusiast - don't believe what drivers (who aren't enthusiasts) tell you. Some enjoy winding people up with rumours. It maybe that the staff were originally told 25 and the number has since been reduced but it's definately 21 Enviro200s due in the autumn.
Kuyoyo
13 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm #32

(13 Feb 2013, 8:51 pm)Daniel I was speaking to another Stagecoach in Sunderland bus driver this morning as she was driving me to and from school (on different bus services too, so it was quite a pleasure) and despite being late, she was still happy to talk to me while I stood at the front...

I have been passed the information by a contact who works for Stagecoach who actually recieves the order list from head office. Therefore, if there's 21 buses officially on order and a further 17 awaiting funding on the order sheet, then that is what is coming.

Rule one of being an enthusiast - don't believe what drivers (who aren't enthusiasts) tell you. Some enjoy winding people up with rumours. It maybe that the staff were originally told 25 and the number has since been reduced but it's definately 21 Enviro200s due in the autumn.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Feb 2013, 10:43 pm #33
(13 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm)Kuyoyo

Thanks for that. I can't agree that they would have been winding me up - it just wouldn't be in their nature to do so... I said the same in post 23 in reply to Michael when I first brought the topic of the new (what was) 25 new vehicles coming to the Stagecoach in Sunderland fleet. Therefore, I think that your second theory of staff originally being told 25 and the number has since gone down without staff being notified is a tad more feasible.
Dan
13 Feb 2013, 10:43 pm #33

(13 Feb 2013, 10:10 pm)Kuyoyo

Thanks for that. I can't agree that they would have been winding me up - it just wouldn't be in their nature to do so... I said the same in post 23 in reply to Michael when I first brought the topic of the new (what was) 25 new vehicles coming to the Stagecoach in Sunderland fleet. Therefore, I think that your second theory of staff originally being told 25 and the number has since gone down without staff being notified is a tad more feasible.

Malarkey

21 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm #34
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

Optare Solo SR Paperbus in its new specification.
Malarkey
21 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm #34

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

Optare Solo SR Paperbus in its new specification.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Feb 2013, 9:09 am #35
Lots of Sunderland services on diversion today...

24th February - Routes in Sunderland City Centre
Borough Road, Sunderland, will be closed between John St and Fawcett St from 8am to 4pm on Sunday, 24 February for road improvements. Routes 3, 4, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 23 running south/west will miss all stops between John Street or Borough Road to Holmeside.

Source: www.nexus.org.uk

Or, if you'd prefer to believe Stagecoach over Nexus (they always have conflicting views on these diversions)...

This temporary closure is scheduled to be in place during Sunday 24 February 2013, between approximately 0800 and 1600.
During the closure period, all southbound/ westbound trips on Services 3, 4, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 23 will have to be diverted away from the affected area.
After observing their normal bus stops on John Street, Services 3, 4, 13, 16 and 23 will divert non-stop via Athenaeum Street, Frederick Street, Toward Road, Park Road, Druro Terrace, Stockton Road, Park Road (west side) and Burdon Road, resuming normal route at Holmeside.
Services 5A, 10 and 11 will operate non-stop from Borough Road (east side) via Toward Road, Park Road, Druro Terrace, Stockton Road, Park Road (west side) and Burdon Road, resuming normal route at Holmeside.

Source: www.stagecoachbus.com
Dan
24 Feb 2013, 9:09 am #35

Lots of Sunderland services on diversion today...

24th February - Routes in Sunderland City Centre
Borough Road, Sunderland, will be closed between John St and Fawcett St from 8am to 4pm on Sunday, 24 February for road improvements. Routes 3, 4, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 23 running south/west will miss all stops between John Street or Borough Road to Holmeside.

Source: www.nexus.org.uk

Or, if you'd prefer to believe Stagecoach over Nexus (they always have conflicting views on these diversions)...

This temporary closure is scheduled to be in place during Sunday 24 February 2013, between approximately 0800 and 1600.
During the closure period, all southbound/ westbound trips on Services 3, 4, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 23 will have to be diverted away from the affected area.
After observing their normal bus stops on John Street, Services 3, 4, 13, 16 and 23 will divert non-stop via Athenaeum Street, Frederick Street, Toward Road, Park Road, Druro Terrace, Stockton Road, Park Road (west side) and Burdon Road, resuming normal route at Holmeside.
Services 5A, 10 and 11 will operate non-stop from Borough Road (east side) via Toward Road, Park Road, Druro Terrace, Stockton Road, Park Road (west side) and Burdon Road, resuming normal route at Holmeside.

Source: www.stagecoachbus.com

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm #36
During Sunday 24 February 2013, Sunderland City Council had to temporally close the southern end of John Street and the west end of Borough Road. This temporary closure was to facilitate essential roadworks associated with the Borough Road highways improvements scheme. Because of this, all southbound/westbound trips on services 3, 4, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 23 had to be diverted away from the affected area.

Examples of services on diversion can be seen on the photos below:

- 34609 on service 10 (danielgrahamm)

- 35157 on service 11 (danielgrahamm)

- 35189 on service 16 (danielgrahamm)

- 36085 on service 4 (danielgrahamm)

- 36087 on service 3 (danielgrahamm)

- 39731 on service 13 (danielgrahamm)
Dan
24 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm #36

During Sunday 24 February 2013, Sunderland City Council had to temporally close the southern end of John Street and the west end of Borough Road. This temporary closure was to facilitate essential roadworks associated with the Borough Road highways improvements scheme. Because of this, all southbound/westbound trips on services 3, 4, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 23 had to be diverted away from the affected area.

Examples of services on diversion can be seen on the photos below:

- 34609 on service 10 (danielgrahamm)

- 35157 on service 11 (danielgrahamm)

- 35189 on service 16 (danielgrahamm)

- 36085 on service 4 (danielgrahamm)

- 36087 on service 3 (danielgrahamm)

- 39731 on service 13 (danielgrahamm)

Deleted

24 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm #37
Stockton depot provided Volvo Olympian 16840 to cover a Cwmbran Astromega in the early hours of Friday 22nd February.

16840 Worked the 1515 M35 Cardiff - Newcastle service between Norton and Newcastle and the 0530 M35 Newcastle - Cardiff service back to Middlesbrough where the Astromega was returned to the service.

Sorry for the Picture quality, taken by camera phone.

16840 0300hrs 22/02/2013 Walkergate Depot
Deleted
24 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm #37

Stockton depot provided Volvo Olympian 16840 to cover a Cwmbran Astromega in the early hours of Friday 22nd February.

16840 Worked the 1515 M35 Cardiff - Newcastle service between Norton and Newcastle and the 0530 M35 Newcastle - Cardiff service back to Middlesbrough where the Astromega was returned to the service.

tyresmoke

25 Feb 2013, 12:34 am #38
(24 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm)ADLEnviro Stockton depot provided Volvo Olympian 16840 to cover a Cwmbran Astromega in the early hours of Friday 22nd February.

Thanks for that! Very interesting to see one of Olympians (which I used to drive!) being used to cover Megabus, I presume that was down to passenger loadings.
tyresmoke
25 Feb 2013, 12:34 am #38

(24 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm)ADLEnviro Stockton depot provided Volvo Olympian 16840 to cover a Cwmbran Astromega in the early hours of Friday 22nd February.

Thanks for that! Very interesting to see one of Olympians (which I used to drive!) being used to cover Megabus, I presume that was down to passenger loadings.

Malarkey

27 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm #39
22411 X47 Branded ALX300 was on the 100 today got a photo at the Metrocentre, will be uploaded at a later date due to the batteries in my camera dying
Malarkey
27 Feb 2013, 6:09 pm #39

22411 X47 Branded ALX300 was on the 100 today got a photo at the Metrocentre, will be uploaded at a later date due to the batteries in my camera dying

gtom

Banned

27 Feb 2013, 7:33 pm #40
Changes to Stagecoach routes in Newcastle from 24th March to

15, 15A, 18, 32, 32A, 33, 35, 62, 63 AND X63

Nothing major aside timing changes apart from X63 which will now use a new route into the City Centre.

The X63 will now operate a revised route, all buses (including on Saturdays) will run direct via Barras Bridge, Percy Street, Blackett Street and New Bridge Street West and will no longer serve Newgate or Market St

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=6841
gtom
27 Feb 2013, 7:33 pm #40

Changes to Stagecoach routes in Newcastle from 24th March to

15, 15A, 18, 32, 32A, 33, 35, 62, 63 AND X63

Nothing major aside timing changes apart from X63 which will now use a new route into the City Centre.

The X63 will now operate a revised route, all buses (including on Saturdays) will run direct via Barras Bridge, Percy Street, Blackett Street and New Bridge Street West and will no longer serve Newgate or Market St

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=6841

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average