Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (16): Previous 1 2 316 Next
mattdw92

02 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm #21
(02 Feb 2014, 7:39 pm)tyresmoke 21155 and 21157 were still in service last I knew?

21157 went to the scrapper man back of last year.
21153/55 still going at WA, booked on 22's normally.
Last another 3-5 months minimum perhaps/when tax runs out, depending on orders.
Edited 02 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm by mattdw92.
mattdw92
02 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm #21

(02 Feb 2014, 7:39 pm)tyresmoke 21155 and 21157 were still in service last I knew?

21157 went to the scrapper man back of last year.
21153/55 still going at WA, booked on 22's normally.
Last another 3-5 months minimum perhaps/when tax runs out, depending on orders.

03 Feb 2014, 3:42 am #22
Anyone remember a few years back when a few Newcastle B10m (i think) have a livery for x77/x78, i think it was black with orange, not sure if it was just the one bus or a few others.

I liked that livery, if anything it was great, considering they done it to a none easy access bus, especially for stagecoach as well.

Dont think they lasted long and were withdrawn later on.

Anyone got any photos of what im on about
Arcticrossy92
03 Feb 2014, 3:42 am #22

Anyone remember a few years back when a few Newcastle B10m (i think) have a livery for x77/x78, i think it was black with orange, not sure if it was just the one bus or a few others.

I liked that livery, if anything it was great, considering they done it to a none easy access bus, especially for stagecoach as well.

Dont think they lasted long and were withdrawn later on.

Anyone got any photos of what im on about

03 Feb 2014, 7:48 am #23
(02 Feb 2014, 2:50 pm)Pimponel They were swapped for MAN ALX 300's it was at the time done due to vandalising the seats and windows on the top deck, they are still in operation in Magic Bus livery , think the Man's were the T-MVM ones but could be wrong

There is also one at Stagecoach South at Chichester in Sussex often used on 700 route it's gone I think
Coastliner700
03 Feb 2014, 7:48 am #23

(02 Feb 2014, 2:50 pm)Pimponel They were swapped for MAN ALX 300's it was at the time done due to vandalising the seats and windows on the top deck, they are still in operation in Magic Bus livery , think the Man's were the T-MVM ones but could be wrong

There is also one at Stagecoach South at Chichester in Sussex often used on 700 route it's gone I think

Chris

03 Feb 2014, 2:18 pm #24
(01 Feb 2014, 6:14 pm)tyresmoke Stagecoach Teesside when I left were on £9.21/hr main rate, less for part time and probationary.
Busways will be on a fair bit more I believe around £11.

The application pack that I got back in Feb 2012 listed the busways division starting at £8.40 ish and then increasing over 4 years to £10.15 ish. Although I think in the QCS thread someone (ADL?) mentioned top rate at Sunderland was £10.40. Maybe they had a 2.5% increase since Feb 2012? This is based on a 37 week.

Interestingly, South Shields was top payer out of the the T&W depots (only by pennies mind) at top rate.

GNE list their starting rate at £8.57 for a 39 hr week.
Edited 03 Feb 2014, 2:18 pm by Chris.
Chris
03 Feb 2014, 2:18 pm #24

(01 Feb 2014, 6:14 pm)tyresmoke Stagecoach Teesside when I left were on £9.21/hr main rate, less for part time and probationary.
Busways will be on a fair bit more I believe around £11.

The application pack that I got back in Feb 2012 listed the busways division starting at £8.40 ish and then increasing over 4 years to £10.15 ish. Although I think in the QCS thread someone (ADL?) mentioned top rate at Sunderland was £10.40. Maybe they had a 2.5% increase since Feb 2012? This is based on a 37 week.

Interestingly, South Shields was top payer out of the the T&W depots (only by pennies mind) at top rate.

GNE list their starting rate at £8.57 for a 39 hr week.

03 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm #25
(29 Jan 2014, 5:54 pm)Robinwtait.19 Dan. Where has 34545 come from to be at south shields depot for Repair. Regards Robin

Its infact Hartlepool dart 34565
03 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm #25

(29 Jan 2014, 5:54 pm)Robinwtait.19 Dan. Where has 34545 come from to be at south shields depot for Repair. Regards Robin

Its infact Hartlepool dart 34565

Adrian

03 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm #26
Open day stuff for Sunderland is now on their website: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Gas%20Bus%2...20Day.aspx

Quote:You're invited to our Gas Bus Open Day at Sunderland!

[Image: webbanner_landingpage.jpg]

We are very proud to announce the arrival of our brand new gas buses, which will be operating on services in Sunderland very soon!

Make a date to get up close and personal this Valentine's Day!

Pop along to our Sunderland depot at anytime between 11am - 3pm on Friday 14th February. The entrance is on North Bridge Street, next door to the Wheatsheaf pub.

Our team will be on hand to answer questions about the new technology and there will be short rides on a gas bus at 12pm and 1pm...so be one of the first to take a trip!

Please note: There is no parking available on site for the open day but you can get buses straight to the depot. Buses depart Fawcett Street (by Wilkinsons) in Sunderland city centre every few minutes. Hop on a 3, 4, 13 or 16 which all stop close to the main entrance and routes 23, E1 and E6 stop in Dundas Street, close to the rear entrance gates. Click here for timetable details.

We are also between St Peters and Stadium of Light Metro stations.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
03 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm #26

Open day stuff for Sunderland is now on their website: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Gas%20Bus%2...20Day.aspx

Quote:You're invited to our Gas Bus Open Day at Sunderland!

[Image: webbanner_landingpage.jpg]

We are very proud to announce the arrival of our brand new gas buses, which will be operating on services in Sunderland very soon!

Make a date to get up close and personal this Valentine's Day!

Pop along to our Sunderland depot at anytime between 11am - 3pm on Friday 14th February. The entrance is on North Bridge Street, next door to the Wheatsheaf pub.

Our team will be on hand to answer questions about the new technology and there will be short rides on a gas bus at 12pm and 1pm...so be one of the first to take a trip!

Please note: There is no parking available on site for the open day but you can get buses straight to the depot. Buses depart Fawcett Street (by Wilkinsons) in Sunderland city centre every few minutes. Hop on a 3, 4, 13 or 16 which all stop close to the main entrance and routes 23, E1 and E6 stop in Dundas Street, close to the rear entrance gates. Click here for timetable details.

We are also between St Peters and Stadium of Light Metro stations.

Michael

03 Feb 2014, 6:33 pm #27
(03 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm)aureolin Open day stuff for Sunderland is now on their website: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Gas%20Bus%2...20Day.aspx

=D, they even offering rides on them, shame i won't be able to make it =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Feb 2014, 6:33 pm #27

(03 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm)aureolin Open day stuff for Sunderland is now on their website: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Gas%20Bus%2...20Day.aspx

=D, they even offering rides on them, shame i won't be able to make it =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

03 Feb 2014, 6:37 pm #28
(03 Feb 2014, 6:33 pm)Michael =D, they even offering rides on them, shame i won't be able to make it =(

Shame on you Tongue I'm having to take a day off to head through. I do think that Stagecoach have missed a trick here mind by not delaying it a week for half term.

Adrian
03 Feb 2014, 6:37 pm #28

(03 Feb 2014, 6:33 pm)Michael =D, they even offering rides on them, shame i won't be able to make it =(

Shame on you Tongue I'm having to take a day off to head through. I do think that Stagecoach have missed a trick here mind by not delaying it a week for half term.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm #29
(03 Feb 2014, 6:37 pm)aureolin Shame on you Tongue I'm having to take a day off to head through. I do think that Stagecoach have missed a trick here mind by not delaying it a week for half term.

My dentist appointment is pre-booked for 12 o'clock...! Tongue

Of course I will have my dinner out too!
Dan
03 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm #29

(03 Feb 2014, 6:37 pm)aureolin Shame on you Tongue I'm having to take a day off to head through. I do think that Stagecoach have missed a trick here mind by not delaying it a week for half term.

My dentist appointment is pre-booked for 12 o'clock...! Tongue

Adrian

03 Feb 2014, 7:34 pm #30
(03 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm)Dan My dentist appointment is pre-booked for 12 o'clock...! Tongue

Convenient appointment mind. Tongue

I'm not sure what time I'm heading up, but most likely mid-day. I'd have to get a day rover in any case to use GNE and Stagecoach, so I'll probably have an early morning trip through Newcastle first.

Adrian
03 Feb 2014, 7:34 pm #30

(03 Feb 2014, 6:41 pm)Dan My dentist appointment is pre-booked for 12 o'clock...! Tongue

Convenient appointment mind. Tongue

I'm not sure what time I'm heading up, but most likely mid-day. I'd have to get a day rover in any case to use GNE and Stagecoach, so I'll probably have an early morning trip through Newcastle first.

tyresmoke

03 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm #31
(03 Feb 2014, 7:34 pm)aureolin Convenient appointment mind. Tongue

See who I can con into swapping my shifts next week as I'm off Sun/Tue at present.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
03 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm #31

(03 Feb 2014, 7:34 pm)aureolin Convenient appointment mind. Tongue

See who I can con into swapping my shifts next week as I'm off Sun/Tue at present.

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Feb 2014, 8:44 pm #32
You'll all have to excuse my school uniform mind..... Tongue
Dan
03 Feb 2014, 8:44 pm #32

You'll all have to excuse my school uniform mind..... Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Feb 2014, 7:16 am #33
(04 Feb 2014, 3:08 am)ADLEnviro Its not really a full on open day though, and as your wanted to fall in love with them the date is appropriate.

On the flip side of the coin - besides the unemployed or people who have been able to organise a day off from work/education, how many people are going to be there to 'fall in love' with the new gas bus vehicles?

Surely kids are the ones who would appreciate the new buses the most.
Dan
04 Feb 2014, 7:16 am #33

(04 Feb 2014, 3:08 am)ADLEnviro Its not really a full on open day though, and as your wanted to fall in love with them the date is appropriate.

On the flip side of the coin - besides the unemployed or people who have been able to organise a day off from work/education, how many people are going to be there to 'fall in love' with the new gas bus vehicles?

04 Feb 2014, 5:49 pm #34
(02 Feb 2014, 4:10 pm)BJ10VUS The part of Teesside that Stagecoach in Manchester operate, by the look of it! Tongue

It might end up here, in another 10 years or so.
Roland Pratt
04 Feb 2014, 5:49 pm #34

(02 Feb 2014, 4:10 pm)BJ10VUS The part of Teesside that Stagecoach in Manchester operate, by the look of it! Tongue

It might end up here, in another 10 years or so.

Adrian

04 Feb 2014, 6:38 pm #35
(04 Feb 2014, 7:16 am)Dan On the flip side of the coin - besides the unemployed or people who have been able to organise a day off from work/education, how many people are going to be there to 'fall in love' with the new gas bus vehicles?

This is true. It'll be interesting to see how many are there.

I've added the event to the NEB calendar. Smile

Adrian
04 Feb 2014, 6:38 pm #35

(04 Feb 2014, 7:16 am)Dan On the flip side of the coin - besides the unemployed or people who have been able to organise a day off from work/education, how many people are going to be there to 'fall in love' with the new gas bus vehicles?

This is true. It'll be interesting to see how many are there.

I've added the event to the NEB calendar. Smile

05 Feb 2014, 2:25 am #36
About 5-6 years ago maybe, I remember a Magic Bus being on service 39/40 one day when i was out and about in Newcastle, Obviously Magic bus had long gone by then, assuming that it had came from Manchester on loan or something.

Anyone got any more details or even a photo of this bus
Arcticrossy92
05 Feb 2014, 2:25 am #36

About 5-6 years ago maybe, I remember a Magic Bus being on service 39/40 one day when i was out and about in Newcastle, Obviously Magic bus had long gone by then, assuming that it had came from Manchester on loan or something.

Anyone got any more details or even a photo of this bus

Y961 XBU

05 Feb 2014, 8:05 am #37
Just a quick Question, in the Summer how do the MAN Buses you have cope? i ask as here in the North West at Gillmoss Depot our MAN Enviro 300's fail left, right and centre and that always means that Withdrawn Buses have to be reinstated, is that the case down here?
Y961 XBU
05 Feb 2014, 8:05 am #37

Just a quick Question, in the Summer how do the MAN Buses you have cope? i ask as here in the North West at Gillmoss Depot our MAN Enviro 300's fail left, right and centre and that always means that Withdrawn Buses have to be reinstated, is that the case down here?

tyresmoke

05 Feb 2014, 9:25 am #38
(05 Feb 2014, 8:05 am)Y961 XBU Just a quick Question, in the Summer how do the MAN Buses you have cope? i ask as here in the North West at Gillmoss Depot our MAN Enviro 300's fail left, right and centre and that always means that Withdrawn Buses have to be reinstated, is that the case down here?

In my experience (I drove them for 2 years...) they do tend to overheat quite a lot, and two have had to have replacement engines already. Not to mention they have an outstation at the MAN yard in Stockton where you will usually find at least one E300...

tyresmoke
05 Feb 2014, 9:25 am #38

(05 Feb 2014, 8:05 am)Y961 XBU Just a quick Question, in the Summer how do the MAN Buses you have cope? i ask as here in the North West at Gillmoss Depot our MAN Enviro 300's fail left, right and centre and that always means that Withdrawn Buses have to be reinstated, is that the case down here?

In my experience (I drove them for 2 years...) they do tend to overheat quite a lot, and two have had to have replacement engines already. Not to mention they have an outstation at the MAN yard in Stockton where you will usually find at least one E300...

Michael

05 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm #39
Closure of Alston Crescent, affecting Service 23 Service Update
Between Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 13 February 2014, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close Alston Crescent to allow for road resurfacing works.

Last Updated : 5 February 2014 15:48

As a result of this closure, Service 23 will be temporarily unable to serve its normal bus stops along Alston Crescent.

During the closure periods, Service 23 buses will instead continue along the full length of Dovedale Road into Shields Road. Buses will terminate at the southbound layby before u-turning at the Shields Road/ Newcastle Road roundabout, and then traversing back along the full length of Dovedale Road and Dene Lane, resuming normal routes at the Blue Bell junction.

Service 23 will observe all buses stops along the line of the diversionary route.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate Service 23 in accordance with its published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to localised delays.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

----------------------------
Closures of Bexhill Road in Town End Farm, affecting Services 4 and 13 Service Update
On Friday 14 and Monday 17 February 2014, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close Bexhill Road in Town End Farm Estate to allow for road resurfacing works.

Last Updated : 5 February 2014 16:19

The road closures are programmed to be in place during the following periods:

Friday 14 February, between approx 9.00 – 1500.
Monday 17 February, between approx 8.00 – 1700.

During closure periods, buses will divert as follows:

* Service 4 from Kingsway Road via Hylton Lane (south end), Washington Road, Blackwood Road, returning to the city centre via Brunswick Road Hylton Lane (central section), Kingsway Road, then normal routes.

* Service 13 from Washington Road via Blackwood Road, returning to the city centre via Brunswick Road, Hylton Lane (southern section), Washington Road, then normal routes.

As a result of these closures, Services 4 and 13 will be temporarily unable to serve their normal bus stops around Baxter Road, Baxter Avenue or Bexhill Road. Buses will also be unable to serve their normal ‘out of town’ bus stops along Hylton Lane and Brunswick Road. Buses will however, observe all stops along the line of their diversionary routes.

Outside the closure periods outlined above, Services 4 and 13 should be able to operate their normal routes.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate Services 4 and 13 in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to localised delays.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm #39

Closure of Alston Crescent, affecting Service 23 Service Update
Between Tuesday 11 and Wednesday 13 February 2014, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close Alston Crescent to allow for road resurfacing works.

Last Updated : 5 February 2014 15:48

As a result of this closure, Service 23 will be temporarily unable to serve its normal bus stops along Alston Crescent.

During the closure periods, Service 23 buses will instead continue along the full length of Dovedale Road into Shields Road. Buses will terminate at the southbound layby before u-turning at the Shields Road/ Newcastle Road roundabout, and then traversing back along the full length of Dovedale Road and Dene Lane, resuming normal routes at the Blue Bell junction.

Service 23 will observe all buses stops along the line of the diversionary route.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate Service 23 in accordance with its published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to localised delays.

----------------------------
Closures of Bexhill Road in Town End Farm, affecting Services 4 and 13 Service Update
On Friday 14 and Monday 17 February 2014, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close Bexhill Road in Town End Farm Estate to allow for road resurfacing works.

Last Updated : 5 February 2014 16:19

The road closures are programmed to be in place during the following periods:

Friday 14 February, between approx 9.00 – 1500.
Monday 17 February, between approx 8.00 – 1700.

During closure periods, buses will divert as follows:

* Service 4 from Kingsway Road via Hylton Lane (south end), Washington Road, Blackwood Road, returning to the city centre via Brunswick Road Hylton Lane (central section), Kingsway Road, then normal routes.

* Service 13 from Washington Road via Blackwood Road, returning to the city centre via Brunswick Road, Hylton Lane (southern section), Washington Road, then normal routes.

As a result of these closures, Services 4 and 13 will be temporarily unable to serve their normal bus stops around Baxter Road, Baxter Avenue or Bexhill Road. Buses will also be unable to serve their normal ‘out of town’ bus stops along Hylton Lane and Brunswick Road. Buses will however, observe all stops along the line of their diversionary routes.

Outside the closure periods outlined above, Services 4 and 13 should be able to operate their normal routes.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate Services 4 and 13 in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to localised delays.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Kuyoyo

05 Feb 2014, 7:58 pm #40
VOSA registrations ahead of the cutting of Boroughbus funding by Stockton Borough Council

PB0001987/211 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Park End and North Tees Hospital given service number 37 effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0001987/221 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stockton High Street and Billingham High Grange given service number 35 effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0001987/236 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Stockton High Street and Stockton High Street given service number 558 effective from 29-Mar-2014.
Kuyoyo
05 Feb 2014, 7:58 pm #40

VOSA registrations ahead of the cutting of Boroughbus funding by Stockton Borough Council

PB0001987/211 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Park End and North Tees Hospital given service number 37 effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0001987/221 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stockton High Street and Billingham High Grange given service number 35 effective from 31-Mar-2014. To amend Timetable.

PB0001987/236 - CLEVELAND TRANSIT LTD T/A STAGECOACH NORTHEAST, ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT, NORTH BRIDGE STREET, SUNDERLAND, SR5 1AQ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Stockton High Street and Stockton High Street given service number 558 effective from 29-Mar-2014.

Pages (16): Previous 1 2 316 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average