Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (12) Previous 110 11 12
Half Pint

30 Apr 2014, 9:31 am #221
33101 has failed in Hartlepool as the engine has gone. Update soon
Half Pint
30 Apr 2014, 9:31 am #221

33101 has failed in Hartlepool as the engine has gone. Update soon

30 Apr 2014, 9:45 am #222
(30 Apr 2014, 9:31 am)Half Pint 33101 has failed in Hartlepool as the engine has gone. Update soon

Do you mean 33101 Half Pint or do you mean 33491 ? which is based at Hartlepool.
Richard Smiles
30 Apr 2014, 9:45 am #222

(30 Apr 2014, 9:31 am)Half Pint 33101 has failed in Hartlepool as the engine has gone. Update soon

Do you mean 33101 Half Pint or do you mean 33491 ? which is based at Hartlepool.

Kuyoyo

30 Apr 2014, 9:55 am #223
(30 Apr 2014, 9:45 am)Richard Smiles Do you mean 33101 Half Pint or do you mean 33491 ? which is based at Hartlepool.

If I understand from a discussion I overheard at the 500 Group meeting last night, 33101 has been loaned to Hartlepool to provide the depot with an additional spare bus for a few days. Seems that plan hasn't gone well.
Kuyoyo
30 Apr 2014, 9:55 am #223

(30 Apr 2014, 9:45 am)Richard Smiles Do you mean 33101 Half Pint or do you mean 33491 ? which is based at Hartlepool.

If I understand from a discussion I overheard at the 500 Group meeting last night, 33101 has been loaned to Hartlepool to provide the depot with an additional spare bus for a few days. Seems that plan hasn't gone well.

30 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm #224
(30 Apr 2014, 9:55 am)Kuyoyo If I understand from a discussion I overheard at the 500 Group meeting last night, 33101 has been loaned to Hartlepool to provide the depot with an additional spare bus for a few days. Seems that plan hasn't gone well.

According to our mutual friend Mr Hall, Tony, it appears that 33491 has been withdrawn at Hartlepool due to Chassis Corrosion, hence and as you have indicated why 33101 has now been moved to Hartlepool.

Whilst I appreciate Reserve Vehicles are exactly what they say on the tin, it looks as if perhaps Hartlepool could do with a couple of replacement Reserve Vehicles (just in case ?), given that both of Hartlepool's reserve vehicles, now appear to have bitten the dust.

There are literally now just 2 spare vehicles at Hartlepool allocated as part of the Overall PVR (Engineering Spares).
Richard Smiles
30 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm #224

(30 Apr 2014, 9:55 am)Kuyoyo If I understand from a discussion I overheard at the 500 Group meeting last night, 33101 has been loaned to Hartlepool to provide the depot with an additional spare bus for a few days. Seems that plan hasn't gone well.

According to our mutual friend Mr Hall, Tony, it appears that 33491 has been withdrawn at Hartlepool due to Chassis Corrosion, hence and as you have indicated why 33101 has now been moved to Hartlepool.

Whilst I appreciate Reserve Vehicles are exactly what they say on the tin, it looks as if perhaps Hartlepool could do with a couple of replacement Reserve Vehicles (just in case ?), given that both of Hartlepool's reserve vehicles, now appear to have bitten the dust.

There are literally now just 2 spare vehicles at Hartlepool allocated as part of the Overall PVR (Engineering Spares).

Kuyoyo

30 Apr 2014, 12:21 pm #225
(30 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm)Richard Smiles According to our mutual friend Mr Hall, Tony, it appears that 33491 has been withdrawn at Hartlepool due to Chassis Corrosion, hence and as you have indicated why 33101 has now been moved to Hartlepool.

Indeed, 33101 is now reported as being over the pits in Stockton depot being looked at by the electricians.
Kuyoyo
30 Apr 2014, 12:21 pm #225

(30 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm)Richard Smiles According to our mutual friend Mr Hall, Tony, it appears that 33491 has been withdrawn at Hartlepool due to Chassis Corrosion, hence and as you have indicated why 33101 has now been moved to Hartlepool.

Indeed, 33101 is now reported as being over the pits in Stockton depot being looked at by the electricians.

30 Apr 2014, 1:05 pm #226

Only 2 spares? Are two of the main service fleet off the road as well? Hartlepool have 34 allocated for a PVR of 30?
stagecoachbusdepot
30 Apr 2014, 1:05 pm #226

Only 2 spares? Are two of the main service fleet off the road as well? Hartlepool have 34 allocated for a PVR of 30?

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm #227
(30 Apr 2014, 1:05 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Only 2 spares? Are two of the main service fleet off the road as well? Hartlepool have 34 allocated for a PVR of 30?

Two fleet reserves (which were the two ALX200s at Hartlepool) have been withdrawn due to chassis issues - so yes, they are two vehicles down to start with.

Two depot reserves to cover for a PVR of 30 is outrageous though. One wonders how they cover their PVR - there are surely more than two VORs on a regular basis!
Dan
30 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm #227

(30 Apr 2014, 1:05 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Only 2 spares? Are two of the main service fleet off the road as well? Hartlepool have 34 allocated for a PVR of 30?

Two fleet reserves (which were the two ALX200s at Hartlepool) have been withdrawn due to chassis issues - so yes, they are two vehicles down to start with.

Two depot reserves to cover for a PVR of 30 is outrageous though. One wonders how they cover their PVR - there are surely more than two VORs on a regular basis!

30 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm #228
THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT 33101 GOING TO STOCKTON INSTEED OF STAYING AT SOUTH SHIELDS WHERE IT IS SURPOST TO BE. I AM NOT VERY HAPPY INDEED WHAT HALFPINT HAS SAID. I HOPE IT COMES BACK WHERE IT BELONGS. REGARDS ROBIN
Robinwtait.19
30 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm #228

THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT 33101 GOING TO STOCKTON INSTEED OF STAYING AT SOUTH SHIELDS WHERE IT IS SURPOST TO BE. I AM NOT VERY HAPPY INDEED WHAT HALFPINT HAS SAID. I HOPE IT COMES BACK WHERE IT BELONGS. REGARDS ROBIN

30 Apr 2014, 2:00 pm #229
(30 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm)Dan Two fleet reserves (which were the two ALX200s at Hartlepool) have been withdrawn due to chassis issues - so yes, they are two vehicles down to start with.

The two ALX200s weren't part of the allocation of 34. That's comprised of 15 Pointer2s and 19 E200s = 34. So for a PVR of 30, that leaves 4 spares now, not 2?
Edited 30 Apr 2014, 2:01 pm by stagecoachbusdepot.
stagecoachbusdepot
30 Apr 2014, 2:00 pm #229

(30 Apr 2014, 1:23 pm)Dan Two fleet reserves (which were the two ALX200s at Hartlepool) have been withdrawn due to chassis issues - so yes, they are two vehicles down to start with.

The two ALX200s weren't part of the allocation of 34. That's comprised of 15 Pointer2s and 19 E200s = 34. So for a PVR of 30, that leaves 4 spares now, not 2?

markydh

30 Apr 2014, 3:08 pm #230
Just had the following email from Stagecoach...

Important information about your Stagecoach megarider ticket...

From 4th May 2014, the current Newcastle megarider will be valid on our buses across all of Tyne and Wear. That means you can travel as far as Newcastle Airport and on Stagecoach buses in South Shields and Sunderland too.

If you currently buy a Newcastle megarider PLUS ticket, you might find that, in the future, you can save with the cheaper Newcastle/Tyne and Wear megarider. Of course, if you do travel beyond the Airport into Northumberland (Ponteland and Darras Hall), you will still need the megarider PLUS.

Xtra customers – simply log into your account and change your chosen ticket, the next ticket issued to your smartcard will be the new one and your next payment will change accordingly. If you need any help with this, our smartcard team can be contacted at customer.support@stagecoachsmart.com or 0845 810 1000 (Calls from BT landlines are charged at a "local rate". Calls from mobiles and other operators may vary. Lines are open 0700 to 2200, 7 days a week, excluding Christmas Day.)

If you’re not sure which is the best ticket for you, simply email us and we’ll be pleased to help.

It’s time to put a spring in your step and some miles on your megarider…

Happy travelling!
Kind regards
Your team at Stagecoach North East

PS Please remember that we have to programme the ticket machines to change on a set day and this is Sunday 4th May 2014 …until then, the current boundaries will apply.

Frozen fares, extended zone boundaries saving people money... Anyone would think there was a Quality Contract proposal on the table Wink
markydh
30 Apr 2014, 3:08 pm #230

Just had the following email from Stagecoach...

Important information about your Stagecoach megarider ticket...

From 4th May 2014, the current Newcastle megarider will be valid on our buses across all of Tyne and Wear. That means you can travel as far as Newcastle Airport and on Stagecoach buses in South Shields and Sunderland too.

If you currently buy a Newcastle megarider PLUS ticket, you might find that, in the future, you can save with the cheaper Newcastle/Tyne and Wear megarider. Of course, if you do travel beyond the Airport into Northumberland (Ponteland and Darras Hall), you will still need the megarider PLUS.

Xtra customers – simply log into your account and change your chosen ticket, the next ticket issued to your smartcard will be the new one and your next payment will change accordingly. If you need any help with this, our smartcard team can be contacted at customer.support@stagecoachsmart.com or 0845 810 1000 (Calls from BT landlines are charged at a "local rate". Calls from mobiles and other operators may vary. Lines are open 0700 to 2200, 7 days a week, excluding Christmas Day.)

If you’re not sure which is the best ticket for you, simply email us and we’ll be pleased to help.

It’s time to put a spring in your step and some miles on your megarider…

Happy travelling!
Kind regards
Your team at Stagecoach North East

PS Please remember that we have to programme the ticket machines to change on a set day and this is Sunday 4th May 2014 …until then, the current boundaries will apply.

Frozen fares, extended zone boundaries saving people money... Anyone would think there was a Quality Contract proposal on the table Wink

Michael

30 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm #231
Thats good news.. if u live in Newcastle.

Why not extend the Sunderland and South shields megariders to

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm #231

Thats good news.. if u live in Newcastle.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm #232
(30 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm)Michael Thats good news.. if u live in Newcastle.

It says 'your' megarider ticket... I could be wrong, but this could mean that they have targeted Mark as someone who purchases a Newcastle megarider rather than Sunderland/Shields (and therefore haven't included details of buying one of the latter tickets).

(30 Apr 2014, 2:00 pm)stagecoachbusdepot The two ALX200s weren't part of the allocation of 34. That's comprised of 15 Pointer2s and 19 E200s = 34. So for a PVR of 30, that leaves 4 spares now, not 2?

I thought you were including the two fleet reserves rather than just talking about the allocated reserve vehicles.
Dan
30 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm #232

(30 Apr 2014, 3:22 pm)Michael Thats good news.. if u live in Newcastle.

It says 'your' megarider ticket... I could be wrong, but this could mean that they have targeted Mark as someone who purchases a Newcastle megarider rather than Sunderland/Shields (and therefore haven't included details of buying one of the latter tickets).

(30 Apr 2014, 2:00 pm)stagecoachbusdepot The two ALX200s weren't part of the allocation of 34. That's comprised of 15 Pointer2s and 19 E200s = 34. So for a PVR of 30, that leaves 4 spares now, not 2?

I thought you were including the two fleet reserves rather than just talking about the allocated reserve vehicles.

30 Apr 2014, 4:25 pm #233
(30 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm)Dan It says 'your' megarider ticket... I could be wrong, but this could mean that they have targeted Mark as someone who purchases a Newcastle megarider rather than Sunderland/Shields (and therefore haven't included details of buying one of the latter tickets).

I was just asking how there are only 2 spares at Hartlepool with a PVR of 30 and an official allocation of 34 (i.e. not even taking the ALX200s into account). That's 12% spares ish, which is low but not ridiculously so (e.g. Sunderland's is lower, though they have a slightly younger and markedly bigger overall fleet).
stagecoachbusdepot
30 Apr 2014, 4:25 pm #233

(30 Apr 2014, 3:46 pm)Dan It says 'your' megarider ticket... I could be wrong, but this could mean that they have targeted Mark as someone who purchases a Newcastle megarider rather than Sunderland/Shields (and therefore haven't included details of buying one of the latter tickets).

I was just asking how there are only 2 spares at Hartlepool with a PVR of 30 and an official allocation of 34 (i.e. not even taking the ALX200s into account). That's 12% spares ish, which is low but not ridiculously so (e.g. Sunderland's is lower, though they have a slightly younger and markedly bigger overall fleet).

Half Pint

30 Apr 2014, 4:48 pm #234
If 33101 is over the pits in Stockton, it's gonna come back with a tonne of bodge jobs and even worse. Should see the state they keep the Mk1 MANs in. Funny all the Transit 200s have went with chassis rot yet 101 still has a solid chassis and body just the engine went.
Half Pint
30 Apr 2014, 4:48 pm #234

If 33101 is over the pits in Stockton, it's gonna come back with a tonne of bodge jobs and even worse. Should see the state they keep the Mk1 MANs in. Funny all the Transit 200s have went with chassis rot yet 101 still has a solid chassis and body just the engine went.

markydh

30 Apr 2014, 5:01 pm #235
South Shields and Sunderland megariders are already cheaper than the Newcastle one so they will remain. Basically, the Newcastle Megarider becomes the Tyne & Wear Megarider at the Newcastle price at £12.90/week. This replaces the Newcastle Megarider and South Shields Megarider Plus. Essentially Newcastle residents will no longer be able to buy a Newcastle specific product whereas those in South Shields and Sunderland will have the option of the location specific Megarider or Tyne & Wear Megarider. The Tyne & Wear Megarider Plus will be required for anyone who travels beyond council boundaries into Northumberland (basically Darras Hall & Ponteland).
markydh
30 Apr 2014, 5:01 pm #235

South Shields and Sunderland megariders are already cheaper than the Newcastle one so they will remain. Basically, the Newcastle Megarider becomes the Tyne & Wear Megarider at the Newcastle price at £12.90/week. This replaces the Newcastle Megarider and South Shields Megarider Plus. Essentially Newcastle residents will no longer be able to buy a Newcastle specific product whereas those in South Shields and Sunderland will have the option of the location specific Megarider or Tyne & Wear Megarider. The Tyne & Wear Megarider Plus will be required for anyone who travels beyond council boundaries into Northumberland (basically Darras Hall & Ponteland).

Half Pint

30 Apr 2014, 6:57 pm #236
(30 Apr 2014, 5:03 pm)AIG20 I'm sure 33488-92 spend most of their lives in Teesside and Hartlepool, which is probably why their chassis' have rotted - probably due to not enough chassis washes and checks. I wonder whether some of the S/T/V MAN ALX300s will end their working lives in the same way.

488-492 were new to Stagecoach Transit. Buses get docked every 21days for checks and they get booked every so often for chassis wash. Thing is 33101 had a 21day check week or so ago and passed no bother so it's gutting that the engine has died.
Half Pint
30 Apr 2014, 6:57 pm #236

(30 Apr 2014, 5:03 pm)AIG20 I'm sure 33488-92 spend most of their lives in Teesside and Hartlepool, which is probably why their chassis' have rotted - probably due to not enough chassis washes and checks. I wonder whether some of the S/T/V MAN ALX300s will end their working lives in the same way.

488-492 were new to Stagecoach Transit. Buses get docked every 21days for checks and they get booked every so often for chassis wash. Thing is 33101 had a 21day check week or so ago and passed no bother so it's gutting that the engine has died.

Pages (12) Previous 110 11 12

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average