Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (13): Previous 111 12 13
30 May 2014, 4:07 pm #241
(30 May 2014, 2:34 pm)Dan Dreadful. Just dreadful.

Highly misleading too - they have both the 3 and 13 showing as running Town End Farm to Doxford Park, when in fact the 3 serves neither!

Presumably the new style is aiming to make it idiot proof for people to look at the exact time service they want instead of the old 'then at these minutes past' 'until' style. The resulting 98 pages is of course ridiculous - I imagine it will be very easy to now read the wrong day/page. Don't they market test this stuff before going live with it??
stagecoachbusdepot
30 May 2014, 4:07 pm #241

Highly misleading too - they have both the 3 and 13 showing as running Town End Farm to Doxford Park, when in fact the 3 serves neither!

Presumably the new style is aiming to make it idiot proof for people to look at the exact time service they want instead of the old 'then at these minutes past' 'until' style. The resulting 98 pages is of course ridiculous - I imagine it will be very easy to now read the wrong day/page. Don't they market test this stuff before going live with it??

Michael

30 May 2014, 4:12 pm #242
(30 May 2014, 4:07 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Highly misleading too - they have both the 3 and 13 showing as running Town End Farm to Doxford Park, when in fact the 3 serves neither!

I didn't even notice that on the timetable.

I'm hoping once changes happen to Sunderland services, they will sort them out or waited untill after the changes happened to change them.

Bank Holiday timetables should not be apart of the timetable.

Also keep going back to the old style Undecided
Edited 30 May 2014, 4:14 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 May 2014, 4:12 pm #242

(30 May 2014, 4:07 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Highly misleading too - they have both the 3 and 13 showing as running Town End Farm to Doxford Park, when in fact the 3 serves neither!

I didn't even notice that on the timetable.

I'm hoping once changes happen to Sunderland services, they will sort them out or waited untill after the changes happened to change them.

Bank Holiday timetables should not be apart of the timetable.

Also keep going back to the old style Undecided

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

30 May 2014, 4:38 pm #243
(30 May 2014, 2:33 pm)Michael So stagecoach have updated the 3/13 timetable to the new style... they have decided to put the 3/13 on one timetable.

It has the current and new timetables on.. so it's 98 pages long!

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/pdfs/XMAO003.pdf

Most of the Sunderland services have had the timetable style updated (only 16,20 remain old style)

On the timetable it shows the bank holidays timetables to...

Nothing but confusing to me like!

16 timetable: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/pdfs/XMAO016.pdf

where it says 16 on the site address, just change the 16 to another number, some of the time by putting different numbers in that you get south shields, Newcastle and Hartlepool timetables on

cbma06
30 May 2014, 4:38 pm #243

(30 May 2014, 2:33 pm)Michael So stagecoach have updated the 3/13 timetable to the new style... they have decided to put the 3/13 on one timetable.

It has the current and new timetables on.. so it's 98 pages long!

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/pdfs/XMAO003.pdf

Most of the Sunderland services have had the timetable style updated (only 16,20 remain old style)

On the timetable it shows the bank holidays timetables to...

Nothing but confusing to me like!

16 timetable: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/pdfs/XMAO016.pdf

where it says 16 on the site address, just change the 16 to another number, some of the time by putting different numbers in that you get south shields, Newcastle and Hartlepool timetables on

30 May 2014, 4:49 pm #244
(30 May 2014, 4:38 pm)cbma06 16 timetable: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/pdfs/XMAO016.pdf

Looks like someone at the Wheatsheaf has been burning the midnight oil too if you notice the time they say they were created (e.g. pg 3 of the one you linked to)!
stagecoachbusdepot
30 May 2014, 4:49 pm #244

(30 May 2014, 4:38 pm)cbma06 16 timetable: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/pdfs/XMAO016.pdf

Looks like someone at the Wheatsheaf has been burning the midnight oil too if you notice the time they say they were created (e.g. pg 3 of the one you linked to)!

Michael

30 May 2014, 5:04 pm #245
Got a email back about the timetables..

Good afternoon Michael,

Thank you for your email although I am sorry to hear that you did not find our timetables helpful.

We tend to put the new timetables on the website in advance so that customers have early warning of changes to services, but we are also required to keep the current timetables on the website for current use.

You may find it easier to open the individual timetables for the service that you require, it is much easier to follow that way.

This link takes you to the main timetable page, where all you need to do is select your location and a service number: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-journey-select.aspx

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thank you for contacting Stagecoach North East.

not exactly what i ask about... i ask why their was 98 pages for the 3/13 timetable and that the 3 doesn't serve Town end farm or Doxford park...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 May 2014, 5:04 pm #245

Got a email back about the timetables..

Good afternoon Michael,

Thank you for your email although I am sorry to hear that you did not find our timetables helpful.

We tend to put the new timetables on the website in advance so that customers have early warning of changes to services, but we are also required to keep the current timetables on the website for current use.

You may find it easier to open the individual timetables for the service that you require, it is much easier to follow that way.

This link takes you to the main timetable page, where all you need to do is select your location and a service number: http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-journey-select.aspx

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thank you for contacting Stagecoach North East.

not exactly what i ask about... i ask why their was 98 pages for the 3/13 timetable and that the 3 doesn't serve Town end farm or Doxford park...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

30 May 2014, 5:04 pm #246
Don't know if this has been mentioned before:

Changes to Services 3, 5/5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 20 from Sunday 22 June 2014

Last Updated: 16 May 2014 5:50 PM

Following customer feedback, we’re making some minor service changes to further improve reliability and improve links in the City Centre.

To view the new timetable for your service, please click on the appropriate blue service number below:

Service 3: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600. However, buses during the main Monday to Saturday daytime period will continue to run up to every 10 minutes.

Services 5 and 5A: To assist reliability, there are minor changes to afternoon timetables around 1600 - 1800. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the ongoing issues we’re experiencing along Chester Road due to congestion at the Springwell Road roundabout. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Gilley Law are diverted to serve it. As a result of the new highways layout, buses towards the Docks will no longer operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Services 10 and 11: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Grangetown will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace - The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place. There are no changes to frequencies, with both services running up to every 15 minutes.

Service 13: The Monday to Friday 0619 journey from John Street towards Doxford Park is revised to depart at 0617, and operate up to 2 minutes earlier. All other journeys continue unchanged, with buses operating up to every 10 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes, every 20 minutes during Sunday daytimes, and every 30 minutes during each evening.

Service 16: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600 - 1700. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the problems we’re experiencing on Chester Road due to congestion tailing back from the Springwell Road roundabout, resulting in delays to services. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace by Sunderland City Council, all evening trips towards Hastings Hill are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Red House will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Service 20: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Timetables continue unchanged.

Services Affected: 3, 5, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16, 20

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=1893
Edited 30 May 2014, 5:07 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
30 May 2014, 5:04 pm #246

Don't know if this has been mentioned before:

Changes to Services 3, 5/5A, 10, 11, 13, 16 and 20 from Sunday 22 June 2014

Last Updated: 16 May 2014 5:50 PM

Following customer feedback, we’re making some minor service changes to further improve reliability and improve links in the City Centre.

To view the new timetable for your service, please click on the appropriate blue service number below:

Service 3: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600. However, buses during the main Monday to Saturday daytime period will continue to run up to every 10 minutes.

Services 5 and 5A: To assist reliability, there are minor changes to afternoon timetables around 1600 - 1800. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the ongoing issues we’re experiencing along Chester Road due to congestion at the Springwell Road roundabout. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Gilley Law are diverted to serve it. As a result of the new highways layout, buses towards the Docks will no longer operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Services 10 and 11: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Grangetown will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace - The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place. There are no changes to frequencies, with both services running up to every 15 minutes.

Service 13: The Monday to Friday 0619 journey from John Street towards Doxford Park is revised to depart at 0617, and operate up to 2 minutes earlier. All other journeys continue unchanged, with buses operating up to every 10 minutes during Monday to Saturday daytimes, every 20 minutes during Sunday daytimes, and every 30 minutes during each evening.

Service 16: To further assist operational reliability, there is a minor change to the Monday to Saturday afternoon timetable around 1600 - 1700. This timetable change is intended to better reflect the problems we’re experiencing on Chester Road due to congestion tailing back from the Springwell Road roundabout, resulting in delays to services. With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace by Sunderland City Council, all evening trips towards Hastings Hill are diverted to serve it. Buses towards Red House will no longer be able to operate via Green Terrace. The nearest alternative stop is around the corner on Vine Place.

Service 20: With the introduction of the new one-way system on Green Terrace, all evening trips towards Pennywell are diverted to serve it. Timetables continue unchanged.

Services Affected: 3, 5, 5A, 10, 11, 13, 16, 20

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=1893

Dan

Site Administrator

30 May 2014, 5:07 pm #247
Interesting that we were discussing Chester Road yesterday and it's cropped up today in a timetable change! Tongue
Dan
30 May 2014, 5:07 pm #247

Interesting that we were discussing Chester Road yesterday and it's cropped up today in a timetable change! Tongue

Michael

30 May 2014, 5:12 pm #248
(30 May 2014, 5:07 pm)Dan Interesting that we were discussing Chester Road yesterday and it's cropped up today in a timetable change! Tongue

Yup, being on the site since 16.5.14...
Edited 30 May 2014, 8:33 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 May 2014, 5:12 pm #248

(30 May 2014, 5:07 pm)Dan Interesting that we were discussing Chester Road yesterday and it's cropped up today in a timetable change! Tongue

Yup, being on the site since 16.5.14...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

30 May 2014, 5:26 pm #249

Chester Road between Springwell Road roundabout and the Wavendon has always been bad, and it will always be worse year after a year, too bad that the Chester Road Super route got binned otherwise their would of been bus lanes on Chester road by now with all the roundabouts along Chester Road gone and replaced by traffic lights.

cbma06
30 May 2014, 5:26 pm #249

Chester Road between Springwell Road roundabout and the Wavendon has always been bad, and it will always be worse year after a year, too bad that the Chester Road Super route got binned otherwise their would of been bus lanes on Chester road by now with all the roundabouts along Chester Road gone and replaced by traffic lights.

BJ10VUS

31 May 2014, 8:19 am #250

If they'd done it landscape rather than portrait, they could have probably kept it under 50 pages! Tongue
BJ10VUS
31 May 2014, 8:19 am #250

If they'd done it landscape rather than portrait, they could have probably kept it under 50 pages! Tongue

Michael

31 May 2014, 8:26 am #251
(31 May 2014, 7:15 am)Richard Smiles A quick look on the DVLA website this morning reveals a further two GAS buses have now been registered, as follows:

YR14 CFY
YR14 CFZ

I was made aware of the YR14 CFY registration yesterday, but it has only appeared on the DVLA website this morning.

Cheers Richard =)
Edited 31 May 2014, 8:26 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 May 2014, 8:26 am #251

(31 May 2014, 7:15 am)Richard Smiles A quick look on the DVLA website this morning reveals a further two GAS buses have now been registered, as follows:

YR14 CFY
YR14 CFZ

I was made aware of the YR14 CFY registration yesterday, but it has only appeared on the DVLA website this morning.

Cheers Richard =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

31 May 2014, 10:01 am #252
Re the new timetable style, this is the new stagecoach journey planner 'TIS' standard, showing every trip.

But if you click on the "view timetable PDF" option on the search query, the more 'traditional' publicity style shows, and this tends to only be 2 sides of A4.... Much easier to read Big Grin
JakeSavage
31 May 2014, 10:01 am #252

Re the new timetable style, this is the new stagecoach journey planner 'TIS' standard, showing every trip.

But if you click on the "view timetable PDF" option on the search query, the more 'traditional' publicity style shows, and this tends to only be 2 sides of A4.... Much easier to read Big Grin

Dan

Site Administrator

31 May 2014, 3:33 pm #253
Has been one or two new arrivals today. Most of the gas buses now carry fleet numbers and registrations - including today's arrivals.

Had a chat with one of the engineers who filled in any gaps for the fleet number to reg allocation also.
Dan
31 May 2014, 3:33 pm #253

Has been one or two new arrivals today. Most of the gas buses now carry fleet numbers and registrations - including today's arrivals.

Had a chat with one of the engineers who filled in any gaps for the fleet number to reg allocation also.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 May 2014, 3:53 pm #254
(31 May 2014, 3:33 pm)Dan Has been one or two new arrivals today. Most of the gas buses now carry fleet numbers and registrations - including today's arrivals.

I'm now home, so to provide a greater insight to this post, the fleet number to registration allocation for the examples to have arrived so far are as follows:
  • 28018 - YR14 CFP
  • 28019 - YR14 CFU
  • 28020 - YR14 CFV
  • 28021 - YR14 CFX
  • 28022 - YR14 CFY
  • 28023 - YR14 CFZ
  • 28024 - YR14 CGE

I think 28024 only arrived today; as such, it has not yet been taxed. I expect that it will be fully registered and appear on the DVLA's Vehicle Enquiry website by or during the course of Monday.

Please note:
While a number of these vehicles have been given both fleet numbers and registration plates and are currently visible within Sunderland's Wheatsheaf depot, some of these examples did not. An engineer at Sunderland - who is a family friend - has told me that they are the allocations.
Dan
31 May 2014, 3:53 pm #254

(31 May 2014, 3:33 pm)Dan Has been one or two new arrivals today. Most of the gas buses now carry fleet numbers and registrations - including today's arrivals.

I'm now home, so to provide a greater insight to this post, the fleet number to registration allocation for the examples to have arrived so far are as follows:
  • 28018 - YR14 CFP
  • 28019 - YR14 CFU
  • 28020 - YR14 CFV
  • 28021 - YR14 CFX
  • 28022 - YR14 CFY
  • 28023 - YR14 CFZ
  • 28024 - YR14 CGE

I think 28024 only arrived today; as such, it has not yet been taxed. I expect that it will be fully registered and appear on the DVLA's Vehicle Enquiry website by or during the course of Monday.

Please note:
While a number of these vehicles have been given both fleet numbers and registration plates and are currently visible within Sunderland's Wheatsheaf depot, some of these examples did not. An engineer at Sunderland - who is a family friend - has told me that they are the allocations.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 May 2014, 4:05 pm #255
(31 May 2014, 4:01 pm)AIG20 So does this mean that 28018 - 28023 may enter service next week, since they seem to be ready?

As it had been earlier suggested that Sunderland are most likely to wait until the first batch of ten have arrived to cover service 3's PVR of 9, I didn't think to ask.
We are now up to a total of seven vehicles which means that we are currently on-track for this delivery as all ten are due to be delivered by the end of next week.

I would expect that the gas buses will enter service on service 3 from w/c June 9th, though this is mere speculation on my behalf...
28024 has already gained fleet numbers and registration plate, so should be fine to go on the road as soon as it is taxed.
Dan
31 May 2014, 4:05 pm #255

(31 May 2014, 4:01 pm)AIG20 So does this mean that 28018 - 28023 may enter service next week, since they seem to be ready?

As it had been earlier suggested that Sunderland are most likely to wait until the first batch of ten have arrived to cover service 3's PVR of 9, I didn't think to ask.
We are now up to a total of seven vehicles which means that we are currently on-track for this delivery as all ten are due to be delivered by the end of next week.

I would expect that the gas buses will enter service on service 3 from w/c June 9th, though this is mere speculation on my behalf...
28024 has already gained fleet numbers and registration plate, so should be fine to go on the road as soon as it is taxed.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 May 2014, 5:20 pm #256
Further to my previous posts, see photograph below which shows 28024 - complete with registration plate and fleet number.
[Image: 14310382311_7237ab2f62.jpg]
See full version here.

It also seems that 28025 (YR14 CGF) has arrived, though it must have been tucked away when I arrived. Surprised the engineer didn't tell me about it either. See photo here.

On another note, Walkergate-based Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro 400 19438 (NK58 FNC) has gained a rear advertisement for Leeds Festival 2014. Additionally, it has lost its sub-branding for service 1.
See photo here.
Dan
31 May 2014, 5:20 pm #256

Further to my previous posts, see photograph below which shows 28024 - complete with registration plate and fleet number.
[Image: 14310382311_7237ab2f62.jpg]
See full version here.

It also seems that 28025 (YR14 CGF) has arrived, though it must have been tucked away when I arrived. Surprised the engineer didn't tell me about it either. See photo here.

On another note, Walkergate-based Dennis Trident 2/Alexander Enviro 400 19438 (NK58 FNC) has gained a rear advertisement for Leeds Festival 2014. Additionally, it has lost its sub-branding for service 1.
See photo here.

Pages (13): Previous 111 12 13

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average