Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (14) Previous 1 2 314 Next
Michael

03 Jul 2014, 7:17 pm #21
(03 Jul 2014, 7:15 pm)AIG20 28037 (YP14 TPJ) by emdjt42 Smile

Only 28040 to confirm now! Big Grin

=D, i would think it would enter service tomorrow.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Jul 2014, 7:17 pm #21

(03 Jul 2014, 7:15 pm)AIG20 28037 (YP14 TPJ) by emdjt42 Smile

Only 28040 to confirm now! Big Grin

=D, i would think it would enter service tomorrow.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

03 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm #22
Saw 28040 in service today.
JakeSavage
03 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm #22

Saw 28040 in service today.

Michael

03 Jul 2014, 8:57 pm #23
(03 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm)JakeSavage Saw 28040 in service today.

Thats good, least all of them are in service.

Hopefully means there will be no MAN buses on the 3 and 13 now and they will only be on the 12.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Jul 2014, 8:57 pm #23

(03 Jul 2014, 8:47 pm)JakeSavage Saw 28040 in service today.

Thats good, least all of them are in service.

Hopefully means there will be no MAN buses on the 3 and 13 now and they will only be on the 12.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MRmoxy

03 Jul 2014, 9:26 pm #24
(03 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm)AIG20 Is the rumour of some MAN ALX300s being converted into Driver Trainers true, or false?

ive heard that as well around the depots
MRmoxy
03 Jul 2014, 9:26 pm #24

(03 Jul 2014, 5:37 pm)AIG20 Is the rumour of some MAN ALX300s being converted into Driver Trainers true, or false?

ive heard that as well around the depots

Acky81

03 Jul 2014, 11:10 pm #25
(03 Jul 2014, 8:57 pm)Michael Thats good, least all of them are in service.

T reg man on 13 today 22215
Acky81
03 Jul 2014, 11:10 pm #25

(03 Jul 2014, 8:57 pm)Michael Thats good, least all of them are in service.

T reg man on 13 today 22215

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jul 2014, 12:13 pm #26
22079 still working for Sunderland - on 12s today.

Would lead to the assumption that, given all of the gas buses have entered service, Sunderland will be left with a fully DDA compliant fleet after all.

Regarding delays - still absolutely hideous. Two 35s and five gas buses (two 16s, two 13s and a 3) past two E200s - both working 23s.
Dan
04 Jul 2014, 12:13 pm #26

22079 still working for Sunderland - on 12s today.

Would lead to the assumption that, given all of the gas buses have entered service, Sunderland will be left with a fully DDA compliant fleet after all.

Regarding delays - still absolutely hideous. Two 35s and five gas buses (two 16s, two 13s and a 3) past two E200s - both working 23s.

mrnut85

04 Jul 2014, 7:25 pm #27
Despite our articulated concerns, these remodelling works are having a major effect on the reliability of our bus services.

These roadworks commenced in mid-June, and are expected to be in place until August 2014, and will be undertaken over a number of phases.

Due to the location and severity of these works there is likely to be significant disruption to traffic flow, especially at peak periods, and this may affect bus service operations.

In light of the problems we have experienced over the last week, we have asked our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to reconsider the details of how this scheme is being delivered, so that disruption to public transport customers can be minimised.

We do not feel that it is acceptable for buses to be delayed for prolonged periods whilst they pass through these roadworks, or the large gaps in the schedule these works are creating. Quite frankly, the disruption these works are causing to customers is unacceptable.

To mitigate the effects of these works, we are seeking to operate additional journeys when resources permit. Although clearly, due to the nature of these works, these additional buses are also subject to delays and disruption.

****** LATEST NEWS ******

From Friday 4 July 2014, Services 5 and 5A will be revised to temporarily no longer stop at the north end of Fawcett Street, John Street, or on High Street West. This temporary revision, made as a last resort, is due to the sheer levels of disruption which are being encountered on these routes. By omitting these stops at the north end of the city, it enables buses to operate via Athenaeum Street/ Borough Road and Sans Street, thus avoiding the worst of the congestion.

All other services in the Sunderland area continue to operate normal routes, but are subject to delays due to these works.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience, delays or disruptions these highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause.

Sunderland City Council have asked for patience while works are ongoing over the summer.

Services Affected: 3, 4, 5, 5A, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 23, E1, E2, E6, X1
mrnut85
04 Jul 2014, 7:25 pm #27

Despite our articulated concerns, these remodelling works are having a major effect on the reliability of our bus services.

These roadworks commenced in mid-June, and are expected to be in place until August 2014, and will be undertaken over a number of phases.

Due to the location and severity of these works there is likely to be significant disruption to traffic flow, especially at peak periods, and this may affect bus service operations.

In light of the problems we have experienced over the last week, we have asked our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to reconsider the details of how this scheme is being delivered, so that disruption to public transport customers can be minimised.

We do not feel that it is acceptable for buses to be delayed for prolonged periods whilst they pass through these roadworks, or the large gaps in the schedule these works are creating. Quite frankly, the disruption these works are causing to customers is unacceptable.

To mitigate the effects of these works, we are seeking to operate additional journeys when resources permit. Although clearly, due to the nature of these works, these additional buses are also subject to delays and disruption.

****** LATEST NEWS ******

From Friday 4 July 2014, Services 5 and 5A will be revised to temporarily no longer stop at the north end of Fawcett Street, John Street, or on High Street West. This temporary revision, made as a last resort, is due to the sheer levels of disruption which are being encountered on these routes. By omitting these stops at the north end of the city, it enables buses to operate via Athenaeum Street/ Borough Road and Sans Street, thus avoiding the worst of the congestion.

All other services in the Sunderland area continue to operate normal routes, but are subject to delays due to these works.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience, delays or disruptions these highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause.

Sunderland City Council have asked for patience while works are ongoing over the summer.

Services Affected: 3, 4, 5, 5A, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 18, 19, 20, 23, E1, E2, E6, X1

Michael

04 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm #28
Nice for stagecoach to tell us they have talked to the council and are giving us a proper update...

NOT LIKE GNE

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm #28

Nice for stagecoach to tell us they have talked to the council and are giving us a proper update...

NOT LIKE GNE

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

04 Jul 2014, 7:43 pm #29
(04 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm)Michael Nice for stagecoach to tell us they have talked to the council and are giving us a proper update...

NOT LIKE GNE

Taken from GNE facebook page (9 hours ago.).

Services to north of Sunderland are currently delayed due to works. We're working with the council to lessen these delays

cbma06
04 Jul 2014, 7:43 pm #29

(04 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm)Michael Nice for stagecoach to tell us they have talked to the council and are giving us a proper update...

NOT LIKE GNE

Taken from GNE facebook page (9 hours ago.).

Services to north of Sunderland are currently delayed due to works. We're working with the council to lessen these delays

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jul 2014, 7:45 pm #30
(04 Jul 2014, 7:43 pm)cbma06 Taken from GNE facebook page (9 hours ago.).

Michael, Michael, Michael...

Not like you to miss an update from GNE!
Dan
04 Jul 2014, 7:45 pm #30

Michael, Michael, Michael...

Michael

04 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm #31

Must of missed that post.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm #31

Must of missed that post.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

04 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm #32
(04 Jul 2014, 7:45 pm)Dan Michael, Michael, Michael...

I know i blame my hayfever haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
04 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm #32

(04 Jul 2014, 7:45 pm)Dan Michael, Michael, Michael...

I know i blame my hayfever haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jul 2014, 7:54 pm #33
It's interesting that SNE anticipate that services 8, 10/11 and 20 could be affected by the works on St. Mary's Way.

The traffic isn't anywhere near as bad as soon as you hit St. Michael's Way, so I can't see why these services would be affected? I certainly haven't seen any major late running on service 8 (which would be the easiest one to identify of the aforementioned services due to its 30 minute frequency).

Really is a shame that the Council haven't been willing to work with the bus operators to minimise disruption though.

If it continues to be as bad as this, could it be an idea to divert via Queen Alexandra Bridge, past Deptford and onto St. Michael's Way?

Heading out to the North of Sunderland, services could use the stop outside of the Glass Spider - not sure for heading into the City Centre though...
Dan
04 Jul 2014, 7:54 pm #33

It's interesting that SNE anticipate that services 8, 10/11 and 20 could be affected by the works on St. Mary's Way.

The traffic isn't anywhere near as bad as soon as you hit St. Michael's Way, so I can't see why these services would be affected? I certainly haven't seen any major late running on service 8 (which would be the easiest one to identify of the aforementioned services due to its 30 minute frequency).

Really is a shame that the Council haven't been willing to work with the bus operators to minimise disruption though.

If it continues to be as bad as this, could it be an idea to divert via Queen Alexandra Bridge, past Deptford and onto St. Michael's Way?

Heading out to the North of Sunderland, services could use the stop outside of the Glass Spider - not sure for heading into the City Centre though...

04 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm #34

NOT LIKE GNE

Stagecoach are better at giving details of service disruptions; whilst GNE may tell you about general traffic delays and road closures, on Twitter Stagecoach provide details of specific delays and cancellations caused by breakdowns etc., a much more open and honest attitude.
Greg in Weardale
04 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm #34

NOT LIKE GNE

Stagecoach are better at giving details of service disruptions; whilst GNE may tell you about general traffic delays and road closures, on Twitter Stagecoach provide details of specific delays and cancellations caused by breakdowns etc., a much more open and honest attitude.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jul 2014, 8:02 pm #35
(04 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm)Greg in Weardale Stagecoach are better at giving details of service disruptions; whilst GNE may tell you about general traffic delays and road closures, on Twitter Stagecoach provide details of specific delays and cancellations caused by breakdowns etc., a much more open and honest attitude.

I suspect that's due to the fact GNE have a Customer Services team based in their Head Office at Bensham who man the Social Media pages, and not allocated people at each depot. Given that the same e-mail address keeps on cropping up on posts, I think there's only the one guy who deals with the Social Media pages too. Very cheap way of doing it - yet still efficient.

SNE seemingly have a communication team who deal with customer responses and an operational team at each depot who deal with providing customers with information on delays and breakdowns.

The latter, I'd imagine, would be harder to control. I can't deny that customers benefit from the more specific reports (this can't be achieved as easily for GNE because a depot would have to get in touch with Bensham and then this would have to be put on Social Media pages), but I must also add that I think it's a little confusing and SNE's Twitter feed is awfully cluttered too.

How many average passengers will know what an 'Ops team' and a 'Comms team' is?
Dan
04 Jul 2014, 8:02 pm #35

(04 Jul 2014, 7:55 pm)Greg in Weardale Stagecoach are better at giving details of service disruptions; whilst GNE may tell you about general traffic delays and road closures, on Twitter Stagecoach provide details of specific delays and cancellations caused by breakdowns etc., a much more open and honest attitude.

I suspect that's due to the fact GNE have a Customer Services team based in their Head Office at Bensham who man the Social Media pages, and not allocated people at each depot. Given that the same e-mail address keeps on cropping up on posts, I think there's only the one guy who deals with the Social Media pages too. Very cheap way of doing it - yet still efficient.

SNE seemingly have a communication team who deal with customer responses and an operational team at each depot who deal with providing customers with information on delays and breakdowns.

The latter, I'd imagine, would be harder to control. I can't deny that customers benefit from the more specific reports (this can't be achieved as easily for GNE because a depot would have to get in touch with Bensham and then this would have to be put on Social Media pages), but I must also add that I think it's a little confusing and SNE's Twitter feed is awfully cluttered too.

How many average passengers will know what an 'Ops team' and a 'Comms team' is?

04 Jul 2014, 8:53 pm #36
Can anyone send me a photo of 22050 looking smart after a Repaint. Regards Robin
Robinwtait.19
04 Jul 2014, 8:53 pm #36

Can anyone send me a photo of 22050 looking smart after a Repaint. Regards Robin

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm #37
(04 Jul 2014, 10:03 pm)AIG20 In Stockton, the Macmillan School Bus Services will be revised from the beginning of the 2014/2015 academic year (September).

Apparently only 6 decker's will be needed, where ironically there are a total of six Dennis Tridents, meaning the four remaining Volvo Olympians may be withdrawn as they may no longer be needed.

Having a PVR of six with just six vehicles which meet the contract specification will prove difficult...
Dan
04 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm #37

(04 Jul 2014, 10:03 pm)AIG20 In Stockton, the Macmillan School Bus Services will be revised from the beginning of the 2014/2015 academic year (September).

Apparently only 6 decker's will be needed, where ironically there are a total of six Dennis Tridents, meaning the four remaining Volvo Olympians may be withdrawn as they may no longer be needed.

Having a PVR of six with just six vehicles which meet the contract specification will prove difficult...

tyresmoke

05 Jul 2014, 8:54 am #38
22476 and 22477 both on the road at Stockton today, on 59/61 and 12 respectively .

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
05 Jul 2014, 8:54 am #38

22476 and 22477 both on the road at Stockton today, on 59/61 and 12 respectively .

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

05 Jul 2014, 9:16 am #39

Would be terrible if they kept more double deckers than they need for Macmillans! Especially as if they are low floor there is no reason why the can't be used on other services.
Roland Pratt
05 Jul 2014, 9:16 am #39

Would be terrible if they kept more double deckers than they need for Macmillans! Especially as if they are low floor there is no reason why the can't be used on other services.

05 Jul 2014, 9:18 am #40
(04 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm)Dan Having a PVR of six with just six vehicles which meet the contract specification will prove difficult...

How many do they need at the moment, not all 10.

When do they break up? Terrible finding out anything these days since our friend Richard 'retired' Connect Tees Valley has gone to pot. They don't even do a list of school services. And apparently their new Stockton High Street plan is a cock up.
Roland Pratt
05 Jul 2014, 9:18 am #40

(04 Jul 2014, 10:08 pm)Dan Having a PVR of six with just six vehicles which meet the contract specification will prove difficult...

How many do they need at the moment, not all 10.

When do they break up? Terrible finding out anything these days since our friend Richard 'retired' Connect Tees Valley has gone to pot. They don't even do a list of school services. And apparently their new Stockton High Street plan is a cock up.

Pages (14) Previous 1 2 314 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average