Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Site Update: 31/01/15

Site Update: 31/01/15

Site Update: 31/01/15

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Jan 2015, 6:28 pm #1
As there was no complaints regarding our decision to split the "Go North East: Latest News & Discussion" by month, the remaining "Latest News & Discussion" and "Rare & Odd Workings" threads have now followed suit.

The January 2015 threads will be locked tomorrow morning and they will no longer appear as 'stickied' threads. New threads for February will be created, and these will appear as 'stickied' threads instead.
I have absolutely no problem with anyone else creating the threads for February 2015 if they wish to post at some point during the early hours of tomorrow morning, but only the forum moderators will be able to moderate the individual threads by locking them, etc.

Liam and I are both feeling rather productive, so look out for further updates coming soon. We want to work on improving all features of the site, and we have already completed the work on the forum and fleet lists. There will be ongoing updates to the content of the fleet lists over the next few weeks, and you can track updates on these within the sub-forum of the operator in question.
The 'Photos' and 'News' sections are likely to be next in line for some minor changes, so if you've got any ideas, it'd be best to post these now and we'll see if we can work with them.
We are also looking to remove the 'Bygone Era' from the forum completely to be replaced by an external feature similar to the fleet lists and news, but it's finding a way of developing a system which will not require a great deal of input from us so we can get it up and running again as soon as possible.
Dan
31 Jan 2015, 6:28 pm #1

As there was no complaints regarding our decision to split the "Go North East: Latest News & Discussion" by month, the remaining "Latest News & Discussion" and "Rare & Odd Workings" threads have now followed suit.

The January 2015 threads will be locked tomorrow morning and they will no longer appear as 'stickied' threads. New threads for February will be created, and these will appear as 'stickied' threads instead.
I have absolutely no problem with anyone else creating the threads for February 2015 if they wish to post at some point during the early hours of tomorrow morning, but only the forum moderators will be able to moderate the individual threads by locking them, etc.

Liam and I are both feeling rather productive, so look out for further updates coming soon. We want to work on improving all features of the site, and we have already completed the work on the forum and fleet lists. There will be ongoing updates to the content of the fleet lists over the next few weeks, and you can track updates on these within the sub-forum of the operator in question.
The 'Photos' and 'News' sections are likely to be next in line for some minor changes, so if you've got any ideas, it'd be best to post these now and we'll see if we can work with them.
We are also looking to remove the 'Bygone Era' from the forum completely to be replaced by an external feature similar to the fleet lists and news, but it's finding a way of developing a system which will not require a great deal of input from us so we can get it up and running again as soon as possible.

31 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm #2
Looking forward to the new bygone era part of the forum... Smile
omnicity4659
31 Jan 2015, 6:40 pm #2

Looking forward to the new bygone era part of the forum... Smile

Adrian

31 Jan 2015, 7:37 pm #3
I'll even get round to putting more vehicle history into the Stagecoach fleet list. It's taking a while, but we're getting there... Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Jan 2015, 7:37 pm #3

I'll even get round to putting more vehicle history into the Stagecoach fleet list. It's taking a while, but we're getting there... Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

tyresmoke

01 Feb 2015, 8:41 am #4
(31 Jan 2015, 7:37 pm)aureolin I'll even get round to putting more vehicle history into the Stagecoach fleet list. It's taking a while, but we're getting there... Smile

I'll have to push on and complete the independents fleetlists too as there's still a few without info in... So many jobs to do and so little time! Haha

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
01 Feb 2015, 8:41 am #4

(31 Jan 2015, 7:37 pm)aureolin I'll even get round to putting more vehicle history into the Stagecoach fleet list. It's taking a while, but we're getting there... Smile

I'll have to push on and complete the independents fleetlists too as there's still a few without info in... So many jobs to do and so little time! Haha

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

01 Feb 2015, 8:51 am #5
(01 Feb 2015, 8:41 am)tyresmoke I'll have to push on and complete the independents fleetlists too as there's still a few without info in... So many jobs to do and so little time! Haha
While you're there - here's a couple of Phoenix's vehicles that you need to add...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arriva7501...otostream/ - Optare Solo M290 ex- Courtney Coaches, Travel Wright and Dawsonrentals (B33F)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/arriva7501...otostream/ - Iveco Daily (bought new) (seating unknown)
omnicity4659
01 Feb 2015, 8:51 am #5

(01 Feb 2015, 8:41 am)tyresmoke I'll have to push on and complete the independents fleetlists too as there's still a few without info in... So many jobs to do and so little time! Haha
While you're there - here's a couple of Phoenix's vehicles that you need to add...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/arriva7501...otostream/ - Optare Solo M290 ex- Courtney Coaches, Travel Wright and Dawsonrentals (B33F)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/arriva7501...otostream/ - Iveco Daily (bought new) (seating unknown)

S813 FVK

01 Feb 2015, 10:28 am #6
Love the new 'Latest post' user thing for each thread. The profile picture of the user lightens it up.
S813 FVK
01 Feb 2015, 10:28 am #6

Love the new 'Latest post' user thing for each thread. The profile picture of the user lightens it up.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Feb 2015, 10:32 am #7
(01 Feb 2015, 10:28 am)Robert Love the new 'Latest post' user thing for each thread. The profile picture of the user lightens it up.

Good to hear you like it - that was just me faffing at daft o'clock last night!
I think some colour was needed as the main forum index was looking a bit bland. Trying out a few other things as well...
Dan
01 Feb 2015, 10:32 am #7

(01 Feb 2015, 10:28 am)Robert Love the new 'Latest post' user thing for each thread. The profile picture of the user lightens it up.

Good to hear you like it - that was just me faffing at daft o'clock last night!
I think some colour was needed as the main forum index was looking a bit bland. Trying out a few other things as well...

G-CPTN

04 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm #8
I've just realised that unless you contribute to a thread then you don't get notification of replies, and, now that the threads are split by month, I don't get to see the new (February) threads as I haven't subscribed.
G-CPTN
04 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm #8

I've just realised that unless you contribute to a thread then you don't get notification of replies, and, now that the threads are split by month, I don't get to see the new (February) threads as I haven't subscribed.

06 Feb 2015, 7:44 pm #9
Erm, Dan, front page - P&R Home Improvements
An independent home improvement firm based in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear.

Sponsors North East Buses

You've got, erm, adverts on your site... Undecided
omnicity4659
06 Feb 2015, 7:44 pm #9

Erm, Dan, front page - P&R Home Improvements

Dan

Site Administrator

06 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm #10
(06 Feb 2015, 7:44 pm)Tommy_1581 Erm, Dan, front page - P&R Home Improvements

It's not an advertisement as such...

Liam designed said website for the business in question - no doubt driving traffic from this website to their website (most likely for a fee of some sort).
Dan
06 Feb 2015, 7:46 pm #10

(06 Feb 2015, 7:44 pm)Tommy_1581 Erm, Dan, front page - P&R Home Improvements

It's not an advertisement as such...

Liam designed said website for the business in question - no doubt driving traffic from this website to their website (most likely for a fee of some sort).

06 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm #11
Ah right...
omnicity4659
06 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm #11

Ah right...

Andreos1

06 Feb 2015, 7:57 pm #12
Have the settings changed slightly?

I have been using BBB and everything is very big all of a sudden. So big, that nowt fits on the screen.

edit: It seems fine now. No idea what happened there...
Edited 06 Feb 2015, 8:08 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Feb 2015, 7:57 pm #12

Have the settings changed slightly?

I have been using BBB and everything is very big all of a sudden. So big, that nowt fits on the screen.

edit: It seems fine now. No idea what happened there...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Dan

Site Administrator

06 Feb 2015, 8:06 pm #13
(06 Feb 2015, 7:57 pm)Andreos1 Have the settings changed slightly?

Just asked Liam, and the theme has not been altered at all. 'NEB Responsive' should be better suited to mobile devices - have you tried this one out yet?

An official myBB plugin to optimise all themes with mobile devices has not yet been released for myBB 1.8 and probably won't be until myBB 2.0 is released. I recently edited the compatibility version for a couple of our old plugins, including the mobile optimisation plugin we used previously, but there was far too many bugs with it as everything was coded for compatibility with myBB 1.6. The custom forum header/footer works a charm, which is why we've got the main site footer back on the forum.
Dan
06 Feb 2015, 8:06 pm #13

(06 Feb 2015, 7:57 pm)Andreos1 Have the settings changed slightly?

Just asked Liam, and the theme has not been altered at all. 'NEB Responsive' should be better suited to mobile devices - have you tried this one out yet?

An official myBB plugin to optimise all themes with mobile devices has not yet been released for myBB 1.8 and probably won't be until myBB 2.0 is released. I recently edited the compatibility version for a couple of our old plugins, including the mobile optimisation plugin we used previously, but there was far too many bugs with it as everything was coded for compatibility with myBB 1.6. The custom forum header/footer works a charm, which is why we've got the main site footer back on the forum.

07 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm #14
(06 Feb 2015, 8:06 pm)Dan Just asked Liam, and the theme has not been altered at all. 'NEB Responsive' should be better suited to mobile devices - have you tried this one out yet?

Can we have a theme that we can upload our own photos to the header, the NEB black and white logo is looking a bit bland and dated.

Would that be possible?
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm #14

(06 Feb 2015, 8:06 pm)Dan Just asked Liam, and the theme has not been altered at all. 'NEB Responsive' should be better suited to mobile devices - have you tried this one out yet?

Can we have a theme that we can upload our own photos to the header, the NEB black and white logo is looking a bit bland and dated.

Would that be possible?

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm #15
(07 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm)Tommy_1581 Can we have a theme that we can upload our own photos to the header, the NEB black and white logo is looking a bit bland and dated.

Would that be possible?

I'm afraid that's not possible - sorry.
Dan
07 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm #15

(07 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm)Tommy_1581 Can we have a theme that we can upload our own photos to the header, the NEB black and white logo is looking a bit bland and dated.

Would that be possible?

I'm afraid that's not possible - sorry.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average