Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Spammers

Spammers

Spammers

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

01 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm #1
Hello everyone,

I've noticed over the last few weeks that there has been a lot of "spammers" registering on the forum.

A so called "mrsakil" is the newest one:
mrsakil's Signature
sewer repair Oakland CA plumbers offering plumbing repair, drain cleaning, sewer repair, trenchless sewer replacement, sewer cleaning and all other plumbing services. Free video inspection.

Is there a fault with the forum's security or something?
omnicity4659
01 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm #1

Hello everyone,

I've noticed over the last few weeks that there has been a lot of "spammers" registering on the forum.

mrsakil's Signature
sewer repair Oakland CA plumbers offering plumbing repair, drain cleaning, sewer repair, trenchless sewer replacement, sewer cleaning and all other plumbing services. Free video inspection.

Adrian

01 Feb 2015, 8:19 pm #2
(01 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm)Tommy_1581 Hello everyone,

mrsakil's Signature

Nope. There's no security issue, but spamming registrations are always going to be an ongoing problem, due to the revenue associated with it. The only option to cut it out altogether is to moderate every new registration. Other forums do this, but I'd say it's far from an ideal solution. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Feb 2015, 8:19 pm #2

(01 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm)Tommy_1581 Hello everyone,

mrsakil's Signature

Nope. There's no security issue, but spamming registrations are always going to be an ongoing problem, due to the revenue associated with it. The only option to cut it out altogether is to moderate every new registration. Other forums do this, but I'd say it's far from an ideal solution. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average