Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat 'Ghost' Bus Infrastructure

'Ghost' Bus Infrastructure

'Ghost' Bus Infrastructure

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (8): Previous 16 7 8
12 Aug 2021, 1:42 pm #141
At Regent Centre stand (E?) has route details for services that no longer operate i.e the 554&X13 were the ones I saw.
NewcastleOne
12 Aug 2021, 1:42 pm #141

At Regent Centre stand (E?) has route details for services that no longer operate i.e the 554&X13 were the ones I saw.

24 Apr 2022, 5:51 pm #142
If they count, there are 7 old poles for the trolleybuses on Old Middlesbrough Road in South Bank - for the temporary diversion while the railway bridge on the normal route was replaced c1970. All still recognisable but rusty, 2 fitted with street lamps. Another pole survives too at Church Lane/Bolckow Road junction in Grangetown on the outside of the curve - now used for phone wires as part of a line of poles (the others are wooden poles but the roadside one metal ex trolleybus pole)
stagecoachfan
24 Apr 2022, 5:51 pm #142

If they count, there are 7 old poles for the trolleybuses on Old Middlesbrough Road in South Bank - for the temporary diversion while the railway bridge on the normal route was replaced c1970. All still recognisable but rusty, 2 fitted with street lamps. Another pole survives too at Church Lane/Bolckow Road junction in Grangetown on the outside of the curve - now used for phone wires as part of a line of poles (the others are wooden poles but the roadside one metal ex trolleybus pole)

Andreos1

29 Oct 2023, 4:19 pm #143
Didn't get a picture (cos I didn't want to look like a weirdo), but 156482 has an interesting Regional Railways sticker on the cab door/vestibule.
In excellent condition. 

It can't be an original after all this time? Surely?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Oct 2023, 4:19 pm #143

Didn't get a picture (cos I didn't want to look like a weirdo), but 156482 has an interesting Regional Railways sticker on the cab door/vestibule.
In excellent condition. 

It can't be an original after all this time? Surely?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (8): Previous 16 7 8

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average