Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1147 148 149 150 Next
Michael

05 Oct 2015, 6:39 pm #2,941
(05 Oct 2015, 6:38 pm)Dan By next Monday, hopefully. If I don't manage to get the bot up and running by then, I will post the fleet news myself.

Alright cool, are you happy that we've sorted our problems out? 

Will that bring you to come back to the forum full time.... Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Oct 2015, 6:39 pm #2,941

(05 Oct 2015, 6:38 pm)Dan By next Monday, hopefully. If I don't manage to get the bot up and running by then, I will post the fleet news myself.

Alright cool, are you happy that we've sorted our problems out? 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Diamond One

Banned

05 Oct 2015, 6:41 pm #2,942
(05 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm)Michael =), the reason why i didn't answer your inboxes was because i was frustrated and that, but least we can both move on.  Big Grin

Yeah at least I can now focus on other things but am glad our arguments and commotions have all came to an end at last at least this issue is solved
Diamond One
05 Oct 2015, 6:41 pm #2,942

(05 Oct 2015, 6:28 pm)Michael =), the reason why i didn't answer your inboxes was because i was frustrated and that, but least we can both move on.  Big Grin

Yeah at least I can now focus on other things but am glad our arguments and commotions have all came to an end at last at least this issue is solved

DanPicken

Banned

05 Oct 2015, 6:42 pm #2,943
(05 Oct 2015, 6:35 pm)Dan Go back to the old one then - the option is in your User Control Panel. The old version of the forum theme is no longer supported, so you'll see the navigation bar twice at the top of your screen. This won't be fixed.

We listened to the complaints and added/amended everything that was requested when we first rolled the new theme out: we had no complaints after this. As for the fleet lists/fleet news, these were changed because most of you said you no longer use these features on the basis that they replicate the news posted on the forum. Now, the news is posted on the fleet news first, and people have the option to discuss it on the forum afterwards. Again, we listened to your complaints, and made the appropriate improvements.

EDIT: Scrap the first para - Liam's removed the option to go back to the old theme (presumably because it didn't work properly!)

I would of but your edit explains.
DanPicken
05 Oct 2015, 6:42 pm #2,943

(05 Oct 2015, 6:35 pm)Dan Go back to the old one then - the option is in your User Control Panel. The old version of the forum theme is no longer supported, so you'll see the navigation bar twice at the top of your screen. This won't be fixed.

We listened to the complaints and added/amended everything that was requested when we first rolled the new theme out: we had no complaints after this. As for the fleet lists/fleet news, these were changed because most of you said you no longer use these features on the basis that they replicate the news posted on the forum. Now, the news is posted on the fleet news first, and people have the option to discuss it on the forum afterwards. Again, we listened to your complaints, and made the appropriate improvements.

EDIT: Scrap the first para - Liam's removed the option to go back to the old theme (presumably because it didn't work properly!)

I would of but your edit explains.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Oct 2015, 6:43 pm #2,944
(05 Oct 2015, 6:39 pm)Michael Alright cool, are you happy that we've sorted our problems out? 

Happy that it's one less argument per week, but it'll take more than that to convince me to coming back as a regular contributor. I'm surprised you've had this much out of me tonight..!

Like I said before: this is your forum - you are the ones responsible for making it or breaking it. Once we're leaning on the side of 'making' rather than 'breaking', I'll come back. Until then, I have bigger fish to fry, and I suspect more and more people will leave the forum.
Dan
05 Oct 2015, 6:43 pm #2,944

(05 Oct 2015, 6:39 pm)Michael Alright cool, are you happy that we've sorted our problems out? 

Happy that it's one less argument per week, but it'll take more than that to convince me to coming back as a regular contributor. I'm surprised you've had this much out of me tonight..!

Like I said before: this is your forum - you are the ones responsible for making it or breaking it. Once we're leaning on the side of 'making' rather than 'breaking', I'll come back. Until then, I have bigger fish to fry, and I suspect more and more people will leave the forum.

Michael

05 Oct 2015, 6:47 pm #2,945
(05 Oct 2015, 6:43 pm)Dan Happy that it's one less argument per week, but it'll take more than that to convince me to coming back as a regular contributor. I'm surprised you've had this much out of me tonight..!

Aye that's true... i take it work has you doing loads of hours?, that's what it feels like at college, i have homework to do.... "for tomorrow - yet to do it"... try and sit through a 2 1/2 lecture when she just talks during that whole time...........

Hopefully more don't leave... i think some people have just made accounts to look at the parts they can't access, some accounts were made ages ago, yet have no posts yet.
Edited 05 Oct 2015, 6:49 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Oct 2015, 6:47 pm #2,945

(05 Oct 2015, 6:43 pm)Dan Happy that it's one less argument per week, but it'll take more than that to convince me to coming back as a regular contributor. I'm surprised you've had this much out of me tonight..!

Aye that's true... i take it work has you doing loads of hours?, that's what it feels like at college, i have homework to do.... "for tomorrow - yet to do it"... try and sit through a 2 1/2 lecture when she just talks during that whole time...........

Hopefully more don't leave... i think some people have just made accounts to look at the parts they can't access, some accounts were made ages ago, yet have no posts yet.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

05 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm #2,946
(05 Oct 2015, 6:15 pm)LeeCalder And one of them problems I think is the fact that things are always trying to be changed, eg Forum layout, fleet lists, fleet news.... Which is probably why I haven't used it so much recently.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:20 pm)DanPicken I agree we've been forced to have this which alot didn't want, I'm having to get used to this.

Opinions noted, but the site needs to be progressive - not regressive. People will get used to the change, just like they do every time Facebook or Twitter change their UI.

I think 'forced' is a strong word. Membership of the forum is an end-user's choice, unless otherwise terminated. 

(05 Oct 2015, 6:19 pm)Michael I hope you make the right choice about the moderator.... don't want someone who will over use the power....

Give us a bit more credit, Michael. A lot of time and effort has put into this site, and certainly too much to give someone a free reign of power to ruin it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm #2,946

(05 Oct 2015, 6:15 pm)LeeCalder And one of them problems I think is the fact that things are always trying to be changed, eg Forum layout, fleet lists, fleet news.... Which is probably why I haven't used it so much recently.
(05 Oct 2015, 6:20 pm)DanPicken I agree we've been forced to have this which alot didn't want, I'm having to get used to this.

Opinions noted, but the site needs to be progressive - not regressive. People will get used to the change, just like they do every time Facebook or Twitter change their UI.

I think 'forced' is a strong word. Membership of the forum is an end-user's choice, unless otherwise terminated. 

(05 Oct 2015, 6:19 pm)Michael I hope you make the right choice about the moderator.... don't want someone who will over use the power....

Give us a bit more credit, Michael. A lot of time and effort has put into this site, and certainly too much to give someone a free reign of power to ruin it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

05 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm #2,947
(05 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm)aureolin Opinions noted, but the site needs to be progressive - not regressive. People will get used to the change, just like they do every time Facebook or Twitter change their UI.

Don't worry i am, just we don't want a moderator who will use the powers to be over powering etc.. if you know what i mean...

I'll defiantly not get picked to be in the top choices after my rant tonight............ hopefully whats being said by me and others doesn't effect the choice...  Big Grin

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm #2,947

(05 Oct 2015, 6:53 pm)aureolin Opinions noted, but the site needs to be progressive - not regressive. People will get used to the change, just like they do every time Facebook or Twitter change their UI.

Don't worry i am, just we don't want a moderator who will use the powers to be over powering etc.. if you know what i mean...

I'll defiantly not get picked to be in the top choices after my rant tonight............ hopefully whats being said by me and others doesn't effect the choice...  Big Grin

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

05 Oct 2015, 6:59 pm #2,948
(05 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm)Michael Don't worry i am, just we don't want a moderator who will use the powers to be over powering etc.. if you know what i mean...

Doubt I was anyway would be nice but I've had too many rants.
DanPicken
05 Oct 2015, 6:59 pm #2,948

(05 Oct 2015, 6:57 pm)Michael Don't worry i am, just we don't want a moderator who will use the powers to be over powering etc.. if you know what i mean...

Doubt I was anyway would be nice but I've had too many rants.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Oct 2015, 7:02 pm #2,949

How about re-drafting the rules

Let the members have some input in what the rules should be, that way nobody can accuse an admin of having there own agenda.

As you put it, it is our forum, so the rules of the site can be decided 'By the People, For The People'

It will be a shame if there is a mass exodus...

Dan, you and Liam brought this nothing to the huge thing you now have on your hands...

Any way forward must at least be thought of and discussed at some point...

You got my backing guys and will be happy to think about how to improve things Big Grin
MrFozz
05 Oct 2015, 7:02 pm #2,949

How about re-drafting the rules

Let the members have some input in what the rules should be, that way nobody can accuse an admin of having there own agenda.

As you put it, it is our forum, so the rules of the site can be decided 'By the People, For The People'

It will be a shame if there is a mass exodus...

Dan, you and Liam brought this nothing to the huge thing you now have on your hands...

Any way forward must at least be thought of and discussed at some point...

You got my backing guys and will be happy to think about how to improve things Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

05 Oct 2015, 7:06 pm #2,950
One thing annoyed me today...

Walking to Seaham at dinnertime, I sliped and dropped my phone in the beck in Dalton-le-Dale, sick as ****
MrFozz
05 Oct 2015, 7:06 pm #2,950

One thing annoyed me today...

Walking to Seaham at dinnertime, I sliped and dropped my phone in the beck in Dalton-le-Dale, sick as ****

Andreos1

05 Oct 2015, 11:12 pm #2,951
Sounds like there has been some entertainment today!

Just to chip in with the comments about the forum and members leaving, going 'away' or not joining in as much, as well as digs about certain people - We, as members/admins of the forum, have made the forum what it is today.
Things we have said, things we have commented on and points we have made, has ultimately had an effect on the popularity of it.
However, the more popular a forum becomes, the more diverse those members get - both in age, interest, ability, knowledge and agendas.
As an example, I struggle to find the flowing discussion, that used to exist.
I struggle to see people expressing an opinion and justifying their view.

That isn't a dig at anyone at all. It is (in my mind) an example of how the forum has evolved and how the membership has changed the content over the years.

Whilst some may look back and hold their hands up, in relation to the things they have said or the way they have reacted, I am guessing others won't or can't.

Ultimately, we all have a wide range of personalities and are probably in a situation, where we mix with people that (lets be honest), we wouldn't normally speak to in the street.
The forum has brought all of those personalities together and there will be clashes, comments and the slagging off that goes on away from the public eye.
The empire building that goes on in workplaces, colleges or schools was bound to happen on here.

Whilst it is a shame to see people holding back, suspending accounts or 'going away', because of what the forum has become ( I am guilty of it too), the only way the forum can flourish, change or develop, is by people joining in and making contributions.
Slagging folk off isn't going to make it better.
Making sly digs at people, isn't going to make it better.
Reporting posts cos you don't like the content, isn't going to make it better.
Making a song and dance in the public domain, isn't going to make it better.
Making yourself a public martyr isn't either. I am all out of violins Wink

Active members, discussion and positive contributions will.

As fozz says, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Oct 2015, 11:12 pm #2,951

Sounds like there has been some entertainment today!

Just to chip in with the comments about the forum and members leaving, going 'away' or not joining in as much, as well as digs about certain people - We, as members/admins of the forum, have made the forum what it is today.
Things we have said, things we have commented on and points we have made, has ultimately had an effect on the popularity of it.
However, the more popular a forum becomes, the more diverse those members get - both in age, interest, ability, knowledge and agendas.
As an example, I struggle to find the flowing discussion, that used to exist.
I struggle to see people expressing an opinion and justifying their view.

That isn't a dig at anyone at all. It is (in my mind) an example of how the forum has evolved and how the membership has changed the content over the years.

Whilst some may look back and hold their hands up, in relation to the things they have said or the way they have reacted, I am guessing others won't or can't.

Ultimately, we all have a wide range of personalities and are probably in a situation, where we mix with people that (lets be honest), we wouldn't normally speak to in the street.
The forum has brought all of those personalities together and there will be clashes, comments and the slagging off that goes on away from the public eye.
The empire building that goes on in workplaces, colleges or schools was bound to happen on here.

Whilst it is a shame to see people holding back, suspending accounts or 'going away', because of what the forum has become ( I am guilty of it too), the only way the forum can flourish, change or develop, is by people joining in and making contributions.
Slagging folk off isn't going to make it better.
Making sly digs at people, isn't going to make it better.
Reporting posts cos you don't like the content, isn't going to make it better.
Making a song and dance in the public domain, isn't going to make it better.
Making yourself a public martyr isn't either. I am all out of violins Wink

Active members, discussion and positive contributions will.

As fozz says, opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

05 Oct 2015, 11:16 pm #2,952
Well said Andreos!
omnicity4659
05 Oct 2015, 11:16 pm #2,952

Well said Andreos!

Michael

05 Oct 2015, 11:20 pm #2,953
Well said.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Oct 2015, 11:20 pm #2,953

Well said.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Davie

Banned

05 Oct 2015, 11:29 pm #2,954
Well said Andreos!
Davie
05 Oct 2015, 11:29 pm #2,954

Well said Andreos!

Michael

06 Oct 2015, 6:45 am #2,955
Have a feeling its going to be a long 3 hours at college this morning!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Oct 2015, 6:45 am #2,955

Have a feeling its going to be a long 3 hours at college this morning!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

06 Oct 2015, 7:02 am #2,956
Takes me 2 minutes to walk to the bus stop at mine and i'm drenched already....

Edit now i've Missed the metro... least the Northern train is due in 6 minutes.
Edited 06 Oct 2015, 7:24 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Oct 2015, 7:02 am #2,956

Takes me 2 minutes to walk to the bus stop at mine and i'm drenched already....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

06 Oct 2015, 8:26 am #2,957
Adding to the well saids!

the rain's given up here, which is just as well as littl'un refuses to wear anything even resembling a coat. He'd also put his jumper on back to front and wouldn't et me fix it. The forecast for tomorrow is dire.

And I slept like crap, last night and I'm having my eyes tested, this morning. Feel like I have an impending migraine. Everything's going to be blurry!
BusLoverMum
06 Oct 2015, 8:26 am #2,957

Adding to the well saids!

the rain's given up here, which is just as well as littl'un refuses to wear anything even resembling a coat. He'd also put his jumper on back to front and wouldn't et me fix it. The forecast for tomorrow is dire.

And I slept like crap, last night and I'm having my eyes tested, this morning. Feel like I have an impending migraine. Everything's going to be blurry!

06 Oct 2015, 9:40 am #2,958
Stupid printer. Only allows me to print JPEGs, which distort the colours and the printer ink runs whenever you touch the print.

I've got to print screen one page of a PDF three times to get the full page, paste it into Paint, save it and repeat 8 more times.
omnicity4659
06 Oct 2015, 9:40 am #2,958

Stupid printer. Only allows me to print JPEGs, which distort the colours and the printer ink runs whenever you touch the print.

I've got to print screen one page of a PDF three times to get the full page, paste it into Paint, save it and repeat 8 more times.

Diamond One

Banned

06 Oct 2015, 2:42 pm #2,959
(06 Oct 2015, 7:02 am)Michael Takes me 2 minutes to walk to the bus stop at mine and i'm drenched already....

The Northern rail is much quicker that's the advantage the disadvantage it's every hour so if you missed one you would find something to do for an hour in my case taking photos of public transport
Diamond One
06 Oct 2015, 2:42 pm #2,959

(06 Oct 2015, 7:02 am)Michael Takes me 2 minutes to walk to the bus stop at mine and i'm drenched already....

The Northern rail is much quicker that's the advantage the disadvantage it's every hour so if you missed one you would find something to do for an hour in my case taking photos of public transport

06 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm #2,960
(06 Oct 2015, 2:42 pm)Diamond One The Northern rail is much quicker that's the advantage the disadvantage it's every hour so if you missed one you would find something to do for an hour in my case taking photos of public transport

Or get a Metro...
omnicity4659
06 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm #2,960

(06 Oct 2015, 2:42 pm)Diamond One The Northern rail is much quicker that's the advantage the disadvantage it's every hour so if you missed one you would find something to do for an hour in my case taking photos of public transport

Or get a Metro...

Pages (150) Previous 1147 148 149 150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average