Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 130 31 32150 Next
MurdnunoC

17 Apr 2015, 3:30 pm #601
(17 Apr 2015, 3:11 pm)Jimmi I know, seems like things are always going wrong for me.

Struggling to control my anger.

If things are always going wrong (outings wise), try and build some contingency into your planning. You state that you missed the X12 - a bus which has a half-hourly frequency. Unless you're on the verge of missing an important appointment (which could have been avoided by planning on leaving 30-60 minutes sooner) then what difference does an extra half-hour/hour to your day make? You could use that opportunity to take more shots (presuming that's what you were doing) or find something else to do. It's not the end of the world!

Presuming everyone else is 'pig-headed and ignorant' isn't going to make you calm. Thinking that you're righteous will only serve to feed your anger. Try not to take everything so personally - no matter how hard it seems. 
MurdnunoC
17 Apr 2015, 3:30 pm #601

(17 Apr 2015, 3:11 pm)Jimmi I know, seems like things are always going wrong for me.

Struggling to control my anger.

If things are always going wrong (outings wise), try and build some contingency into your planning. You state that you missed the X12 - a bus which has a half-hourly frequency. Unless you're on the verge of missing an important appointment (which could have been avoided by planning on leaving 30-60 minutes sooner) then what difference does an extra half-hour/hour to your day make? You could use that opportunity to take more shots (presuming that's what you were doing) or find something else to do. It's not the end of the world!

Presuming everyone else is 'pig-headed and ignorant' isn't going to make you calm. Thinking that you're righteous will only serve to feed your anger. Try not to take everything so personally - no matter how hard it seems. 

Jimmi

17 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm #602
(17 Apr 2015, 3:30 pm)MurdnunoC If things are always going wrong (outings wise), try and build some contingency into your planning. You state that you missed the X12 - a bus which has a half-hourly frequency. Unless you're on the verge of missing an important appointment (which could have been avoided by planning on leaving 30-60 minutes sooner) then what difference does an extra half-hour/hour to your day make? You could use that opportunity to take more shots (presuming that's what you were doing) or find something else to do. It's not the end of the world!

I made a plan and I did have a feeling it was going to go wrong but not in the way I was expecting it to go wrong.

I do often make plans and sometimes they do go wrong but usually I can turn them around but this one has added an extra hour to the trip.

I hate the way I think and act, I wish I could sort out the issues I have but some are a struggle and as sorting out my anger I am really trying to sort that but that has just gone wrong. I really wish I could sort my life out but this is the behaviour I have and I want to change it but things aren't going well on that front.

Again I would like to apologise if people are getting fed up with my "annoying" posts.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm #602

(17 Apr 2015, 3:30 pm)MurdnunoC If things are always going wrong (outings wise), try and build some contingency into your planning. You state that you missed the X12 - a bus which has a half-hourly frequency. Unless you're on the verge of missing an important appointment (which could have been avoided by planning on leaving 30-60 minutes sooner) then what difference does an extra half-hour/hour to your day make? You could use that opportunity to take more shots (presuming that's what you were doing) or find something else to do. It's not the end of the world!

I made a plan and I did have a feeling it was going to go wrong but not in the way I was expecting it to go wrong.

I do often make plans and sometimes they do go wrong but usually I can turn them around but this one has added an extra hour to the trip.

I hate the way I think and act, I wish I could sort out the issues I have but some are a struggle and as sorting out my anger I am really trying to sort that but that has just gone wrong. I really wish I could sort my life out but this is the behaviour I have and I want to change it but things aren't going well on that front.

Again I would like to apologise if people are getting fed up with my "annoying" posts.

Andreos1

17 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm #603
(17 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm)Jimmi I made a plan and I did have a feeling it was going to go wrong but not in the way I was expecting it to go wrong.

I sympathise with your struggles, battles and the things that go wrong on seemingly a daily basis.
Hopefully you can keep at it.

However, when 'life' starts throwing real, grown up sh!t at you, then that is when the test will be and that is when you realise missing a bus for a day out and people blocking the stairs, isn't much.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
17 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm #603

(17 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm)Jimmi I made a plan and I did have a feeling it was going to go wrong but not in the way I was expecting it to go wrong.

I sympathise with your struggles, battles and the things that go wrong on seemingly a daily basis.

However, when 'life' starts throwing real, grown up sh!t at you, then that is when the test will be and that is when you realise missing a bus for a day out and people blocking the stairs, isn't much.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Jimmi

17 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm #604
(17 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm)Andreos1 I sympathise with your struggles, battles and the things that go wrong on seemingly a daily basis.

Fortunately I have not had any real major problems yet and I am greatful that it hasn't happened yet.

Think if I had real problems I wouldn't be posting on here.

Hopefully I can get a grip and find a way to keep myself under control.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2015, 4:24 pm #604

(17 Apr 2015, 4:15 pm)Andreos1 I sympathise with your struggles, battles and the things that go wrong on seemingly a daily basis.

Fortunately I have not had any real major problems yet and I am greatful that it hasn't happened yet.

Think if I had real problems I wouldn't be posting on here.

Hopefully I can get a grip and find a way to keep myself under control.

Jimmi

17 Apr 2015, 5:05 pm #605
Someone has nearly sat on my bag, oh yeah like I have nothing expensive like a DSLR camera worth a few hundred quid in there.

Idiot (I know I shouldn't have my bag on the seat but if you can't figure out when to get off and suddenly plonk yourself down on the seat next to me. Is this really my fault?).
Edited 17 Apr 2015, 8:38 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2015, 5:05 pm #605

Someone has nearly sat on my bag, oh yeah like I have nothing expensive like a DSLR camera worth a few hundred quid in there.

Idiot (I know I shouldn't have my bag on the seat but if you can't figure out when to get off and suddenly plonk yourself down on the seat next to me. Is this really my fault?).

17 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm #606
(17 Apr 2015, 5:05 pm)Jimmi Some fat bastard has nearly sat on my bag, oh yeah like I have nothing expensive like a DSLR camera worth a few hundred quid in there.

Burn the IBS sufferer with fire.
omnicity4659
17 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm #606

(17 Apr 2015, 5:05 pm)Jimmi Some fat bastard has nearly sat on my bag, oh yeah like I have nothing expensive like a DSLR camera worth a few hundred quid in there.

Burn the IBS sufferer with fire.

MurdnunoC

17 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm #607
(17 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm)Tommy_1581 Burn the IBS sufferer with fire.

I think Jimmi could do without that sort of encouragement. It certainly won't help him deal with his stess or anger.
MurdnunoC
17 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm #607

(17 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm)Tommy_1581 Burn the IBS sufferer with fire.

I think Jimmi could do without that sort of encouragement. It certainly won't help him deal with his stess or anger.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Apr 2015, 6:48 pm #608
(17 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm)MurdnunoC I think Jimmi could do without that sort of encouragement. It certainly won't help him deal with his stess or anger.
I second that Adam Smile
MrFozz
17 Apr 2015, 6:48 pm #608

(17 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm)MurdnunoC I think Jimmi could do without that sort of encouragement. It certainly won't help him deal with his stess or anger.
I second that Adam Smile

17 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm #609
Dear Ershington Charvers,

Please keep your voices to a minimum and stop chanting racist shite.

I do not wish to listen to you screaming on so fucking muck.

Ta.
omnicity4659
17 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm #609

Dear Ershington Charvers,

Ta.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm #610
(17 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm)Tommy_1581 Dear Ershington Charvers,

Ta.

Language Timothy

That gets on my nerves too, and it pees me off on a bus when all you can hear is someone swearing
MrFozz
17 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm #610

(17 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm)Tommy_1581 Dear Ershington Charvers,

Ta.

Language Timothy

That gets on my nerves too, and it pees me off on a bus when all you can hear is someone swearing

Jimmi

17 Apr 2015, 8:16 pm #611
(17 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm)MrFozz Language Timothy

Should of heard the people on the 7 this afternoon, I really didn't want to know the whole ins and outs of their sex life's either.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2015, 8:16 pm #611

(17 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm)MrFozz Language Timothy

Should of heard the people on the 7 this afternoon, I really didn't want to know the whole ins and outs of their sex life's either.

Adrian

17 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm #612
It's a good point. We'd put a comms on the forum a number of weeks ago now about the persistent swearing. It died down for a while, but it's getting back to the point it was at.

Whilst moderate profanity is accepted in the Off Topic section of the forum, the view is now that it's now past that point. Forum rules can be viewed here, but this is the last informal warning.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm #612

It's a good point. We'd put a comms on the forum a number of weeks ago now about the persistent swearing. It died down for a while, but it's getting back to the point it was at.

Whilst moderate profanity is accepted in the Off Topic section of the forum, the view is now that it's now past that point. Forum rules can be viewed here, but this is the last informal warning.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm #613
(17 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm)aureolin It's a good point. We'd put a comms on the forum a number of weeks ago now about the persistent swearing. It died down for a while, but it's getting back to the point it was at.

Fair do's mate, you got a job to do...

I have been trying not to swear too much lately...

I just can't help it sometimes, it is like I have tourettes at times lol...But I am at least trying 😀
MrFozz
17 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm #613

(17 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm)aureolin It's a good point. We'd put a comms on the forum a number of weeks ago now about the persistent swearing. It died down for a while, but it's getting back to the point it was at.

Fair do's mate, you got a job to do...

I have been trying not to swear too much lately...

I just can't help it sometimes, it is like I have tourettes at times lol...But I am at least trying 😀

Jimmi

17 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm #614
Think my choice of language on here has gotten worse again (although I think all of it has been in the off-topic section). It is something that I am rather disappointed in myself with as I really should know better, especially with some of the posts I have made over the last few days.

I am also disappointed with some of my outbursts in this thread, nearly everytime I post something in this thread I will see it again later and just think "why did I post this" and in some cases it has led me to either edit or delete posts because I am disappointed that I have made the posts with the content that would potentially considered inappropriate and is just general whining.

So I think I need to think a bit more about what I choose to post on here, mainly in regards to language and possibly less 'annoying' posts.

MODS: if any of the content I am posting at present and in the future is inappropriate please let me know.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm #614

Think my choice of language on here has gotten worse again (although I think all of it has been in the off-topic section). It is something that I am rather disappointed in myself with as I really should know better, especially with some of the posts I have made over the last few days.

I am also disappointed with some of my outbursts in this thread, nearly everytime I post something in this thread I will see it again later and just think "why did I post this" and in some cases it has led me to either edit or delete posts because I am disappointed that I have made the posts with the content that would potentially considered inappropriate and is just general whining.

So I think I need to think a bit more about what I choose to post on here, mainly in regards to language and possibly less 'annoying' posts.

MODS: if any of the content I am posting at present and in the future is inappropriate please let me know.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Apr 2015, 8:58 pm #615
(17 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm)Jimmi Think my choice of language on here has gotten worse again (although I think all of it has been in the off-topic section). It is something that I am rather disappointed in myself with as I really should know better, especially with some of the posts I have made over the last few days.

Very nicely put Jimmi
MrFozz
17 Apr 2015, 8:58 pm #615

(17 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm)Jimmi Think my choice of language on here has gotten worse again (although I think all of it has been in the off-topic section). It is something that I am rather disappointed in myself with as I really should know better, especially with some of the posts I have made over the last few days.

Very nicely put Jimmi

Adrian

17 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm #616
It's a difficult one for us as a team too. Moderate swearing in the off topic section is fine, but there comes a time when intervention is needed. I hope people will appreciate that it's rare that any of the team intervene, and it's not something I'd expect any of us like doing.

The reason for it is quite simple. We want the community to be as open as possible for everybody. Some people will back right off when every other post is full of swearing. I wouldn't personally swear in front of a woman, and we have to remember that there are plenty of women enthusiasts too.

If anyone has any individual queries, I'm more than happy for people to PM me directly.

Adrian
17 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm #616

It's a difficult one for us as a team too. Moderate swearing in the off topic section is fine, but there comes a time when intervention is needed. I hope people will appreciate that it's rare that any of the team intervene, and it's not something I'd expect any of us like doing.

The reason for it is quite simple. We want the community to be as open as possible for everybody. Some people will back right off when every other post is full of swearing. I wouldn't personally swear in front of a woman, and we have to remember that there are plenty of women enthusiasts too.

If anyone has any individual queries, I'm more than happy for people to PM me directly.

LeeCalder

17 Apr 2015, 9:09 pm #617
The X66 was horrendous earlier! I don't know how many seats one of the streetlites has to compared to Solars but I was on one of the solar's at about 2 at the bus was packed! So much the driver had to shout 3 times please move down the bus. Personally I felt unsafe as the bus was so full.
LeeCalder
17 Apr 2015, 9:09 pm #617

The X66 was horrendous earlier! I don't know how many seats one of the streetlites has to compared to Solars but I was on one of the solar's at about 2 at the bus was packed! So much the driver had to shout 3 times please move down the bus. Personally I felt unsafe as the bus was so full.

S813 FVK

17 Apr 2015, 9:12 pm #618
(17 Apr 2015, 9:09 pm)leestransportphotos The X66 was horrendous earlier! I don't know how many seats one of the streetlites has to compared to Solars but I was on one of the solar's at about 2 at the bus was packed! So much the driver had to shout 3 times please move down the bus. Personally I felt unsafe as the bus was so full.

The Solars seat 42 people with a standing capacity of 31 and the Streetlites seat 46 people with a standing capacity of 35. Standees may still be a common sight in the busy periods of the day.
Edited 17 Apr 2015, 9:13 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
17 Apr 2015, 9:12 pm #618

(17 Apr 2015, 9:09 pm)leestransportphotos The X66 was horrendous earlier! I don't know how many seats one of the streetlites has to compared to Solars but I was on one of the solar's at about 2 at the bus was packed! So much the driver had to shout 3 times please move down the bus. Personally I felt unsafe as the bus was so full.

The Solars seat 42 people with a standing capacity of 31 and the Streetlites seat 46 people with a standing capacity of 35. Standees may still be a common sight in the busy periods of the day.

Adrian

17 Apr 2015, 9:16 pm #619
With the X66, and I've done this myself plenty mind, I'd rather wait a couple of minutes for the next one to turn up. That way I'm on and in a seat.

Adrian
17 Apr 2015, 9:16 pm #619

With the X66, and I've done this myself plenty mind, I'd rather wait a couple of minutes for the next one to turn up. That way I'm on and in a seat.

Jimmi

17 Apr 2015, 9:31 pm #620
I don't mind if a bus is too busy providing I am on an inside seat.

I've got used to rammed single deckers from getting service 7 to college on a morning which was often at full or almost full capacity. This is why Enviro 400's have been bought for this service.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2015, 9:31 pm #620

I don't mind if a bus is too busy providing I am on an inside seat.

I've got used to rammed single deckers from getting service 7 to college on a morning which was often at full or almost full capacity. This is why Enviro 400's have been bought for this service.

Pages (150) Previous 130 31 32150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average