Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150): Previous 136 37 38150 Next
25 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm
Alan Greens Commentary on Match of the Day. 
Malarkey
25 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm #721

Alan Greens Commentary on Match of the Day. 

25 Apr 2015, 11:41 pm
Losing to some douchebag in the card tournament today thanks to him cheating. (Basically he was ending his turn with more cards in his hand then he should of. Limit is 8 cards in hand at end of turn. He had 12 in his hand for numerous rounds. Turns out if he realises that you don't notice he's cheating, he continue to do it.) Then to add insult to injury, said douchebag doesn't play the card game, and just entered for the hell of it, which caused an odd number of players to be playing, which mean every round had a buy (player gets a win, but isn't worth much), and basically my best pal got a buy, and it cost him 2nd place which meant he lost on a promo card which he wanted for his collection. (The 2 that won don't actually collect the cards).

Also I had an anxiety attack during the tournament, after it was set off due to Geek Retreat becoming extremely full during the tournament. I don't like crowded areas.

You can see how crowded the place can be in the photos on this facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/GRNewcastle - warning I may appear looking pissed off in one.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
25 Apr 2015, 11:41 pm #722

Losing to some douchebag in the card tournament today thanks to him cheating. (Basically he was ending his turn with more cards in his hand then he should of. Limit is 8 cards in hand at end of turn. He had 12 in his hand for numerous rounds. Turns out if he realises that you don't notice he's cheating, he continue to do it.) Then to add insult to injury, said douchebag doesn't play the card game, and just entered for the hell of it, which caused an odd number of players to be playing, which mean every round had a buy (player gets a win, but isn't worth much), and basically my best pal got a buy, and it cost him 2nd place which meant he lost on a promo card which he wanted for his collection. (The 2 that won don't actually collect the cards).

Also I had an anxiety attack during the tournament, after it was set off due to Geek Retreat becoming extremely full during the tournament. I don't like crowded areas.

You can see how crowded the place can be in the photos on this facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/GRNewcastle - warning I may appear looking pissed off in one.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

26 Apr 2015, 9:19 am
Just discovered that on the way back home the X66 doesn't get back to anywhere in Darlington in-time to catch the 5A home.

Guess I'll be walking further than I thought today.
Jimmi
26 Apr 2015, 9:19 am #723

Just discovered that on the way back home the X66 doesn't get back to anywhere in Darlington in-time to catch the 5A home.

Guess I'll be walking further than I thought today.

26 Apr 2015, 10:35 am
The complete lack of motivation to do some revision Sad
mb134
26 Apr 2015, 10:35 am #724

The complete lack of motivation to do some revision Sad

26 Apr 2015, 11:35 am
Full of cold. Yet again. So another weekend stuck in the house.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Apr 2015, 11:35 am #725

Full of cold. Yet again. So another weekend stuck in the house.

Dan
Site Administrator
27 Apr 2015, 6:10 am
Can't stand the smell of smoke (it even makes me feel nauseous), and some guy has just sat next to me after finishing a tab prior to the arrival of the Metro. I can tolerate it out in the fresh air, but can't stand it when it's a 'closed' place.

My thumb is irritating me too. I managed to slice it open on Saturday (it bled for a good hour or so) while opening a plastic case with some sharp scissors.
Dan
27 Apr 2015, 6:10 am #726

Can't stand the smell of smoke (it even makes me feel nauseous), and some guy has just sat next to me after finishing a tab prior to the arrival of the Metro. I can tolerate it out in the fresh air, but can't stand it when it's a 'closed' place.

My thumb is irritating me too. I managed to slice it open on Saturday (it bled for a good hour or so) while opening a plastic case with some sharp scissors.

27 Apr 2015, 3:43 pm
The organizational skills of the management at my school, our teacher left at Easter and we still don't have a supply who can actually teach history... 
mb134
27 Apr 2015, 3:43 pm #727

The organizational skills of the management at my school, our teacher left at Easter and we still don't have a supply who can actually teach history... 

27 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm
(24 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm)Robert Should have been having a shite. the door opens, you fall on your knees with your arse in the air and you get handed a free can of irn bru. After taking a drink, you wont be bothered that your backside is there for the world to see.

Was totally confused when this was posted the other night as I hadn't seen the advert at the time.

Saw it about an hour ago. If anyone else hasn't seen it yet click the link to see it.
https://youtu.be/Yh2yZf8F-60
Jimmi
27 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm #728

(24 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm)Robert Should have been having a shite. the door opens, you fall on your knees with your arse in the air and you get handed a free can of irn bru. After taking a drink, you wont be bothered that your backside is there for the world to see.

Was totally confused when this was posted the other night as I hadn't seen the advert at the time.

Saw it about an hour ago. If anyone else hasn't seen it yet click the link to see it.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
27 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm
(27 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm)Jimmi Was totally confused when this was posted the other night as I hadn't seen the advert at the time.

Irn Bru adverts are great
MrFozz
27 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm #729

(27 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm)Jimmi Was totally confused when this was posted the other night as I hadn't seen the advert at the time.

Irn Bru adverts are great

27 Apr 2015, 8:04 pm
(27 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm)MrFozz Irn Bru adverts are great

The Paddy Power ones have to be the best like
LeeCalder
27 Apr 2015, 8:04 pm #730

(27 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm)MrFozz Irn Bru adverts are great

The Paddy Power ones have to be the best like

28 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm
Is Chester full of weirdos or something? Strange place!

Adrian
28 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm #731

Is Chester full of weirdos or something? Strange place!

28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm
(28 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm)aureolin Is Chester full of weirdos or something? Strange place!

I can think of a few places worse than Chester. Can't say I've had that many problems when delivering there.
MurdnunoC
28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm #732

(28 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm)aureolin Is Chester full of weirdos or something? Strange place!

I can think of a few places worse than Chester. Can't say I've had that many problems when delivering there.

DanPicken
Banned
28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm
Well it does have people scared to talk to Dan like Marcus.
DanPicken
28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm #733

Well it does have people scared to talk to Dan like Marcus.

28 Apr 2015, 3:59 pm
(28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm)MurdnunoC I can think of a few places worse than Chester. Can't say I've had that many problems when delivering there.
Don't get me wrong, I've never had any bother, it's just full of strange people. Had someone ask me if he was at the right stand for Sunderland buses, and I explained that they're departing from two stands. This one and that one (points). His response - "huh?". So I explained again, and got the same response. My final reply was "I've no idea", which he accepted and toddled off...

Adrian
28 Apr 2015, 3:59 pm #734

(28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm)MurdnunoC I can think of a few places worse than Chester. Can't say I've had that many problems when delivering there.
Don't get me wrong, I've never had any bother, it's just full of strange people. Had someone ask me if he was at the right stand for Sunderland buses, and I explained that they're departing from two stands. This one and that one (points). His response - "huh?". So I explained again, and got the same response. My final reply was "I've no idea", which he accepted and toddled off...

28 Apr 2015, 4:01 pm

And Marcus was at school.....
citaro5284
28 Apr 2015, 4:01 pm #735

And Marcus was at school.....

28 Apr 2015, 4:02 pm
Doesn't everywhere have at least a few weirdos, I probably am Newton Aycliffe's representative

Chester-le-Street hasn't been too bad when I have been there although I am told some parts are not great.

There is definitely worse places I have been to, Ashington, Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor are a few examples.
Jimmi
28 Apr 2015, 4:02 pm #736

Doesn't everywhere have at least a few weirdos, I probably am Newton Aycliffe's representative

Chester-le-Street hasn't been too bad when I have been there although I am told some parts are not great.

There is definitely worse places I have been to, Ashington, Bishop Auckland and Spennymoor are a few examples.

28 Apr 2015, 4:18 pm

Did you stray very far away from the market place, can I ask?

If not, you've probably just encountered the market traders... No comment! They're that poor they have to drink their water from the Cong Burn that runs underneath it! Tongue
R852 PRG
28 Apr 2015, 4:18 pm #737

Did you stray very far away from the market place, can I ask?

If not, you've probably just encountered the market traders... No comment! They're that poor they have to drink their water from the Cong Burn that runs underneath it! Tongue

28 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm
I've got an example from Hexham today.

I was delivering to an address where the postcode is not recognised by Google Maps because the estate is new. I tried to contact the customer three times to ask where the house was located. On the fourth attempt, the customer finally answered the phone. Now, I'm quite knowledgeable with street names so I asked the customer if they could name any streets near their house. The customer did not know of any other street names but proceeded to give me a postcode of a nearby street and managed to give me directions. When I got to the door, the customer commented that they have had problems with deliveries in the past (with other companies also - not just the one I work for) because drivers were unable to find the address. I tried to be of assistance and showed how other customers were able to leave delivery instructions when placing orders and suggested that this customer do the same to avoid any future problems. The customer gave me a puzzled look and stormed off back inside their house.

As I said, I attempted to contact the customer three times before being successful on the fourth. Around ten minutes later I received a text message reading 'Who's this'.
MurdnunoC
28 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm #738

I've got an example from Hexham today.

I was delivering to an address where the postcode is not recognised by Google Maps because the estate is new. I tried to contact the customer three times to ask where the house was located. On the fourth attempt, the customer finally answered the phone. Now, I'm quite knowledgeable with street names so I asked the customer if they could name any streets near their house. The customer did not know of any other street names but proceeded to give me a postcode of a nearby street and managed to give me directions. When I got to the door, the customer commented that they have had problems with deliveries in the past (with other companies also - not just the one I work for) because drivers were unable to find the address. I tried to be of assistance and showed how other customers were able to leave delivery instructions when placing orders and suggested that this customer do the same to avoid any future problems. The customer gave me a puzzled look and stormed off back inside their house.

As I said, I attempted to contact the customer three times before being successful on the fourth. Around ten minutes later I received a text message reading 'Who's this'.

28 Apr 2015, 4:34 pm
(28 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm)MurdnunoC As I said, I attempted to contact the customer three times before being successful on the fourth. Around ten minutes later I received a text message reading 'Who's this'.

Nowt annoys me more than that! Or "Did you ring me?"

Adrian
28 Apr 2015, 4:34 pm #739

(28 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm)MurdnunoC As I said, I attempted to contact the customer three times before being successful on the fourth. Around ten minutes later I received a text message reading 'Who's this'.

Nowt annoys me more than that! Or "Did you ring me?"

28 Apr 2015, 4:42 pm
(28 Apr 2015, 4:34 pm)aureolin Nowt annoys me more than that! Or "Did you ring me?"

That in itself doesn't annoy me. I think it's acceptable if the call hasn't been answered and, I must admit, I'm guilty of doing the same with numbers I don't immediately recognise. However, all the calls I made happened within the space of 10-15 minutes. Unless the person has a possessive, paranoid or abusive partner who has grabbed the phone and seen all the calls I made, I feel it should have been obvious who the telephone call was from.

This happens quite a lot in my job. 
MurdnunoC
28 Apr 2015, 4:42 pm #740

(28 Apr 2015, 4:34 pm)aureolin Nowt annoys me more than that! Or "Did you ring me?"

That in itself doesn't annoy me. I think it's acceptable if the call hasn't been answered and, I must admit, I'm guilty of doing the same with numbers I don't immediately recognise. However, all the calls I made happened within the space of 10-15 minutes. Unless the person has a possessive, paranoid or abusive partner who has grabbed the phone and seen all the calls I made, I feel it should have been obvious who the telephone call was from.

This happens quite a lot in my job. 

Pages (150): Previous 136 37 38150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3815
Views 1746305
14 May 2024, 1:23 pm
Last Post by Rob44
Replies 2686
Views 1584911
12 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm
Last Post by Adrian