Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 155 56 57150 Next
Malarkey

26 May 2015, 9:58 pm #1,101
Ladies your never going to be able to guess it.
Malarkey
26 May 2015, 9:58 pm #1,101

Ladies your never going to be able to guess it.

MurdnunoC

26 May 2015, 10:07 pm #1,102
(26 May 2015, 9:55 pm)Jimmi True.

Was a good password for you to use, now you've posted it on here it's not a good idea.

A funny story about hacking passwords.

While attending Newcastle College back in 1996, I managed to get my email account suspended. One of my mates attended briefly attended the college before leaving to do something else, so, I decided to make an attempt to use their account until mine was eventually restored. My mate has a juvenile sense of humour (still has), similar to what one might witness on the television show Beavis and Butthead. I presumed it would be profanity laden and attempted every profane word of which I could think - all to no avail. Eventually, I explained my situation and asked him for his password and he obliged. What was his password? - Well, it was 'password' which was the default password for all college email accounts back then.

I feel there was probably an underlying moral to that story.  
Edited 27 May 2015, 7:39 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
26 May 2015, 10:07 pm #1,102

(26 May 2015, 9:55 pm)Jimmi True.

Was a good password for you to use, now you've posted it on here it's not a good idea.

A funny story about hacking passwords.

While attending Newcastle College back in 1996, I managed to get my email account suspended. One of my mates attended briefly attended the college before leaving to do something else, so, I decided to make an attempt to use their account until mine was eventually restored. My mate has a juvenile sense of humour (still has), similar to what one might witness on the television show Beavis and Butthead. I presumed it would be profanity laden and attempted every profane word of which I could think - all to no avail. Eventually, I explained my situation and asked him for his password and he obliged. What was his password? - Well, it was 'password' which was the default password for all college email accounts back then.

I feel there was probably an underlying moral to that story.  

MurdnunoC

26 May 2015, 10:12 pm #1,103
(26 May 2015, 9:58 pm)Malarkey Ladies your never going to be able to guess it.

A challenge?

I'll offer a Three-Zone Buzzfare and 50,000 NEB points (remember those?) to the first person who manages to guess Malarkey's FB password and perform a 'FaceRape'. 

Proof must be posted on here!
Edited 26 May 2015, 10:15 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
26 May 2015, 10:12 pm #1,103

(26 May 2015, 9:58 pm)Malarkey Ladies your never going to be able to guess it.

A challenge?

I'll offer a Three-Zone Buzzfare and 50,000 NEB points (remember those?) to the first person who manages to guess Malarkey's FB password and perform a 'FaceRape'. 

Jimmi

26 May 2015, 10:18 pm #1,104
(26 May 2015, 10:12 pm)MurdnunoC A challenge?

I'll offer a Three-Zone Buzzfare and 50,000 NEB points (remember those?) to the first person who manages to guess Malarkey's FB account and perform a 'FaceRape'. 

Or Frape as it is otherwise known.

Doubt it will be me as I have no computer skills at all, I don't even have Facebook (should really get on that).

Ah yes the valueless NEB points, whatever happened to them?
Jimmi
26 May 2015, 10:18 pm #1,104

(26 May 2015, 10:12 pm)MurdnunoC A challenge?

I'll offer a Three-Zone Buzzfare and 50,000 NEB points (remember those?) to the first person who manages to guess Malarkey's FB account and perform a 'FaceRape'. 

Or Frape as it is otherwise known.

Doubt it will be me as I have no computer skills at all, I don't even have Facebook (should really get on that).

MurdnunoC

26 May 2015, 10:26 pm #1,105
(26 May 2015, 10:18 pm)Jimmi Or Frape as it is otherwise known.

As I said elsewhere the other day, I'm not down with the ever-changing meaning of words or the latest portmanteaus the kids use these days. 
MurdnunoC
26 May 2015, 10:26 pm #1,105

(26 May 2015, 10:18 pm)Jimmi Or Frape as it is otherwise known.

As I said elsewhere the other day, I'm not down with the ever-changing meaning of words or the latest portmanteaus the kids use these days. 

MurdnunoC

27 May 2015, 8:18 am #1,106
I think I've thrown out the USB/Power lead for my digital camera. None of the other leads I have seem to fit.

EDIT: Found it!
Edited 27 May 2015, 8:25 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
27 May 2015, 8:18 am #1,106

I think I've thrown out the USB/Power lead for my digital camera. None of the other leads I have seem to fit.

EDIT: Found it!

LeeCalder

27 May 2015, 8:55 am #1,107
(26 May 2015, 10:07 pm)MurdnunoC A funny story about hacking passwords.

When it comes to hacking, my former school (I finished Yr 11 on Friday) , Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy's system got hacked by a group in China a couple of weeks back!
LeeCalder
27 May 2015, 8:55 am #1,107

(26 May 2015, 10:07 pm)MurdnunoC A funny story about hacking passwords.

When it comes to hacking, my former school (I finished Yr 11 on Friday) , Lord Lawson of Beamish Academy's system got hacked by a group in China a couple of weeks back!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

28 May 2015, 11:19 am #1,108
Old man called me an idiot on the bus...
Chewed me out for talking to the driver, who I know quite well...

That is fair enough, he was right to call me out on that, when I sat down, I heard him say to his mate 'who does he think he is, some idiot that can't read'...

So yeah, I admit he was right to point out no disturbing the driver, to call me an idiot is something else...

I was not prepared to argue with a pensioner in front of a full bus as the the only outcome would make me look like the idiot he thinks I am...

Gotta love Auld Gadgies lol
MrFozz
28 May 2015, 11:19 am #1,108

Old man called me an idiot on the bus...
Chewed me out for talking to the driver, who I know quite well...

That is fair enough, he was right to call me out on that, when I sat down, I heard him say to his mate 'who does he think he is, some idiot that can't read'...

So yeah, I admit he was right to point out no disturbing the driver, to call me an idiot is something else...

I was not prepared to argue with a pensioner in front of a full bus as the the only outcome would make me look like the idiot he thinks I am...

Gotta love Auld Gadgies lol

Jimmi

28 May 2015, 9:27 pm #1,109
Going back to the topic of bus vandalism I spotted the following on a Sapphire 7 Enviro 400 yesterday:
[Image: 7b1c67b974c3e4698170163fef8bbcb6.jpg]

[Image: 46ee1c04a4c43f486537cdcc78c6a37d.jpg]

No idea what happened on the back of that seat.

Also one of the seats on the 7 home was caked in mud.
Edited 28 May 2015, 9:28 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
28 May 2015, 9:27 pm #1,109

Going back to the topic of bus vandalism I spotted the following on a Sapphire 7 Enviro 400 yesterday:
[Image: 7b1c67b974c3e4698170163fef8bbcb6.jpg]

[Image: 46ee1c04a4c43f486537cdcc78c6a37d.jpg]

No idea what happened on the back of that seat.

Also one of the seats on the 7 home was caked in mud.

29 May 2015, 8:23 am #1,110
Right, where do I begin...

1. On Wednesday - I was out with the respite workers, everything went well until worker 2 said : "Youve got a big camera, a green coat, does this not show your spotter status is great?...".

2. Yesterday, another respite worker admitted that they never sent an email to Metro about the special on the 31st. The amount of pure disgust and anger inside of me was substantial.

3. When I was at CLS yesterday, a group of lads was chattering away behind me about me being weird for taking photos of buses etc, and also the amount of people coming up to me asking about what I was doing etc.

4. Bloody laptop decided that every letter I press, meant that I wanted to go to a settings page, this morning.

Nothing goes to plan in my life - something has to happen everyday that pees me off.
omnicity4659
29 May 2015, 8:23 am #1,110

Right, where do I begin...

1. On Wednesday - I was out with the respite workers, everything went well until worker 2 said : "Youve got a big camera, a green coat, does this not show your spotter status is great?...".

2. Yesterday, another respite worker admitted that they never sent an email to Metro about the special on the 31st. The amount of pure disgust and anger inside of me was substantial.

3. When I was at CLS yesterday, a group of lads was chattering away behind me about me being weird for taking photos of buses etc, and also the amount of people coming up to me asking about what I was doing etc.

4. Bloody laptop decided that every letter I press, meant that I wanted to go to a settings page, this morning.

Nothing goes to plan in my life - something has to happen everyday that pees me off.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 May 2015, 8:26 am #1,111
(29 May 2015, 8:23 am)Tommy_1581 Right, where do I begin...

Nobody ever approaches me, all I got once was an old man telling me he was a train spotter and bus enthusiast in the 50's and it was nice to see people still doing in this day and age Big Grin
MrFozz
29 May 2015, 8:26 am #1,111

(29 May 2015, 8:23 am)Tommy_1581 Right, where do I begin...

Nobody ever approaches me, all I got once was an old man telling me he was a train spotter and bus enthusiast in the 50's and it was nice to see people still doing in this day and age Big Grin

Jimmi

29 May 2015, 8:44 am #1,112
(29 May 2015, 8:26 am)MrFozz Nobody ever approaches me, all I got once was an old man telling me he was a train spotter and bus enthusiast in the 50's and it was nice to see people still doing in this day and age Big Grin
I went to my local bus stop one day and some guy started talking to me about buses, before I knew it he started saying about the three Arriva Omnicitys that we acquired from Liverpool and then I ended up saying that the 5/5A was getting new buses and funnily enough this was the day the 13 reg Pulsars entered service on the 1/5/5A.

Don't even know how this happened as I don't think there was anything to give away the fact I was an enthusiast as I didn't have a camera or anything.
Jimmi
29 May 2015, 8:44 am #1,112

(29 May 2015, 8:26 am)MrFozz Nobody ever approaches me, all I got once was an old man telling me he was a train spotter and bus enthusiast in the 50's and it was nice to see people still doing in this day and age Big Grin
I went to my local bus stop one day and some guy started talking to me about buses, before I knew it he started saying about the three Arriva Omnicitys that we acquired from Liverpool and then I ended up saying that the 5/5A was getting new buses and funnily enough this was the day the 13 reg Pulsars entered service on the 1/5/5A.

Don't even know how this happened as I don't think there was anything to give away the fact I was an enthusiast as I didn't have a camera or anything.

29 May 2015, 9:24 am #1,113
Flickr. Wont allow me to replace edited images...
omnicity4659
29 May 2015, 9:24 am #1,113

Flickr. Wont allow me to replace edited images...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

29 May 2015, 9:35 am #1,114
(29 May 2015, 8:44 am)Jimmi I went to my local bus stop one day and some guy started talking to me about buses, before I knew it he started saying about the three Arriva Omnicitys that we acquired from Liverpool and then I ended up saying that the 5/5A was getting new buses and funnily enough this was the day the 13 reg Pulsars entered service on the 1/5/5A.

I rarely go out with a camera these days, I mainly take photos with my phone if U am in the mood...While I don't really get bothered by people or give away the fact I am an enthusiast, people have asked if I am the bus guy and have been told 'such and such said to ask you what bus to get, what time it comes' even bus drivers have sent people my before...

I tend to stand back and not make it blatantly what I am doing, I guess that is probably a reason why I don't really get bothered these days
MrFozz
29 May 2015, 9:35 am #1,114

(29 May 2015, 8:44 am)Jimmi I went to my local bus stop one day and some guy started talking to me about buses, before I knew it he started saying about the three Arriva Omnicitys that we acquired from Liverpool and then I ended up saying that the 5/5A was getting new buses and funnily enough this was the day the 13 reg Pulsars entered service on the 1/5/5A.

I rarely go out with a camera these days, I mainly take photos with my phone if U am in the mood...While I don't really get bothered by people or give away the fact I am an enthusiast, people have asked if I am the bus guy and have been told 'such and such said to ask you what bus to get, what time it comes' even bus drivers have sent people my before...

I tend to stand back and not make it blatantly what I am doing, I guess that is probably a reason why I don't really get bothered these days

Jimmi

29 May 2015, 1:30 pm #1,115
Arriva service 6 is bloody waste of space

Missed two running together and the next one is 9 minutes late so over 20 minutes to wait then.
Jimmi
29 May 2015, 1:30 pm #1,115

Arriva service 6 is bloody waste of space

Missed two running together and the next one is 9 minutes late so over 20 minutes to wait then.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 May 2015, 3:22 pm #1,116
An increasingly irritating annoyance has to be the Metro ticket barriers.

When running for a Metro that is due in a matter of minutes, being held back by ticket barriers is quite irritating. What adds insult to injury is when Metro staff are too busy on their phones to let me through, or are too busy chatting between themselves. This happens every day, and it's more so an issue on evenings than mornings.

There was nobody in front of me and the ticket barrier was open in Gateshead, but there must have been some sort of delay to it as it closed just after I walked through. The man on the barriers then proceeded to shout at me for attempting to hop the barriers. He looked disappointed when I had a pass.
Dan
29 May 2015, 3:22 pm #1,116

An increasingly irritating annoyance has to be the Metro ticket barriers.

When running for a Metro that is due in a matter of minutes, being held back by ticket barriers is quite irritating. What adds insult to injury is when Metro staff are too busy on their phones to let me through, or are too busy chatting between themselves. This happens every day, and it's more so an issue on evenings than mornings.

There was nobody in front of me and the ticket barrier was open in Gateshead, but there must have been some sort of delay to it as it closed just after I walked through. The man on the barriers then proceeded to shout at me for attempting to hop the barriers. He looked disappointed when I had a pass.

Adrian

29 May 2015, 3:33 pm #1,117
(29 May 2015, 3:22 pm)Dan An increasingly irritating annoyance has to be the Metro ticket barriers.

Aye they're always sat by the cycle racks at the back at Gateshead. I usually make a point of shouting them over, as like you say, are usually too busy on their phones to notice customers.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 May 2015, 3:33 pm #1,117

(29 May 2015, 3:22 pm)Dan An increasingly irritating annoyance has to be the Metro ticket barriers.

Aye they're always sat by the cycle racks at the back at Gateshead. I usually make a point of shouting them over, as like you say, are usually too busy on their phones to notice customers.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Malarkey

29 May 2015, 4:36 pm #1,118
Was quite looking forward to having a chilled out weekend watching the F.A. Cup Final as the Shifts I was supposed to be doing at Newcastle Racecourse got Cancelled, as company in charge of catering decided they didnt need any Bar Staff, and Durham Cricket Ground said they didnt need anyone for the T20 Tonight, And now at the very last minute Direct Recruitment another Agency I am with decided to ring me to see if I would do the Magic Weekend of Rugby at St. Shitholes Park tomorrow, guess the upside is that if I work Saturday & Sunday then I will have £100 in my back Pocket.
Malarkey
29 May 2015, 4:36 pm #1,118

Was quite looking forward to having a chilled out weekend watching the F.A. Cup Final as the Shifts I was supposed to be doing at Newcastle Racecourse got Cancelled, as company in charge of catering decided they didnt need any Bar Staff, and Durham Cricket Ground said they didnt need anyone for the T20 Tonight, And now at the very last minute Direct Recruitment another Agency I am with decided to ring me to see if I would do the Magic Weekend of Rugby at St. Shitholes Park tomorrow, guess the upside is that if I work Saturday & Sunday then I will have £100 in my back Pocket.

Davie

Banned

30 May 2015, 12:25 pm #1,119
All of the photos I took yesterday in Alnwick came out horrendous! The only reasons I'm uploading them to Flickr is because it would have been a waste of time going all the way up there but hopefully these will be a learning curve for me.
Edited 30 May 2015, 12:31 pm by Davie.
Davie
30 May 2015, 12:25 pm #1,119

All of the photos I took yesterday in Alnwick came out horrendous! The only reasons I'm uploading them to Flickr is because it would have been a waste of time going all the way up there but hopefully these will be a learning curve for me.

Pages (150) Previous 155 56 57150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average