Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150): Previous 162 63 64150 Next
MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
07 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 9:30 am)Jimmi It's just the poor stand layout that really irritates me in the town centre and sometimes it can be a pig for photos due to light and pedestrians walking in front of the camera although you get that other places as well. You are right about routes from Darlington that have good scenery I'd strongly recommend the X75/X76 and Scarlet Band 84 and I think there may be some other good routes as well.

What routes from Darlington goto North Yorkshire and over to Barnard Castle, I remember getting a bus to Ripon years ago and it went all over the world, I wouldn't mind having a look down towards Richmond and Catterick one day and maybe have a look over to Barnard Castle one day
MrFozz
07 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm #1241

(07 Jun 2015, 9:30 am)Jimmi It's just the poor stand layout that really irritates me in the town centre and sometimes it can be a pig for photos due to light and pedestrians walking in front of the camera although you get that other places as well. You are right about routes from Darlington that have good scenery I'd strongly recommend the X75/X76 and Scarlet Band 84 and I think there may be some other good routes as well.

What routes from Darlington goto North Yorkshire and over to Barnard Castle, I remember getting a bus to Ripon years ago and it went all over the world, I wouldn't mind having a look down towards Richmond and Catterick one day and maybe have a look over to Barnard Castle one day

07 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 1:08 pm)MrFozz 722/723 was that the service jointly operated by United/Arriva and Northern???

Used to use it a lot when I lived in Durham and the 724 when I lived in Spennymanure and Bishop Auckland all the time Big Grin
Yes it was.

Think it stopped serving Newcastle around 2003 with Arriva operating it between Darlington and Durham (Framwellgate Moor?) and GNE Durham and Newcastle. There has been loads of changes since then.

Was quite fun actually having two operators doing the same service but was annoying at the same time as I don't think GNE accepted Arriva tickets. Think my first rides on GNE Prestige's were on evening 723s.
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm #1242

(07 Jun 2015, 1:08 pm)MrFozz 722/723 was that the service jointly operated by United/Arriva and Northern???

Used to use it a lot when I lived in Durham and the 724 when I lived in Spennymanure and Bishop Auckland all the time Big Grin
Yes it was.

Think it stopped serving Newcastle around 2003 with Arriva operating it between Darlington and Durham (Framwellgate Moor?) and GNE Durham and Newcastle. There has been loads of changes since then.

Was quite fun actually having two operators doing the same service but was annoying at the same time as I don't think GNE accepted Arriva tickets. Think my first rides on GNE Prestige's were on evening 723s.

Dan
Site Administrator
07 Jun 2015, 1:20 pm
The E1/E2/E6... Delays of up to 30 minutes all day.

The only one that has been more or less on-time (that I've seen/used) today was one fairly early doors this morning...
Dan
07 Jun 2015, 1:20 pm #1243

The E1/E2/E6... Delays of up to 30 minutes all day.

The only one that has been more or less on-time (that I've seen/used) today was one fairly early doors this morning...

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
07 Jun 2015, 1:23 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 1:15 pm)Jimmi Yes it was.

Arriva did not normally accept GNE tickets either, but I knew 1 or 2 Arriva and GNE drivers who drove those routes and would sometimes appeal to a drivers good graces, meaning if I was desperate I could use one companies on the other...I am not entirely sure, memories are sketchy, but I think the Children's Home I was I'm or my social worker struck a deal with ANE and GNE to let me on if I said I was in the Children's Home at Framwellgate Moor, as I know I have almost certainly both companies returns on the other...In the end I started to get Explorer Tickets every Saturday so I could go whereever I wanted to Big Grin
MrFozz
07 Jun 2015, 1:23 pm #1244

Arriva did not normally accept GNE tickets either, but I knew 1 or 2 Arriva and GNE drivers who drove those routes and would sometimes appeal to a drivers good graces, meaning if I was desperate I could use one companies on the other...I am not entirely sure, memories are sketchy, but I think the Children's Home I was I'm or my social worker struck a deal with ANE and GNE to let me on if I said I was in the Children's Home at Framwellgate Moor, as I know I have almost certainly both companies returns on the other...In the end I started to get Explorer Tickets every Saturday so I could go whereever I wanted to Big Grin

07 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm)MrFozz What routes from Darlington goto North Yorkshire and over to Barnard Castle, I remember getting a bus to Ripon years ago and it went all over the world, I wouldn't mind having a look down towards Richmond and Catterick one day and maybe have a look over to Barnard Castle one day

From Darlington you have the following:

Barnard Castle - 84, X75/X76.
Richmond - 29, X26/X27, X34.
Northallerton - 72.

You can travel further if you change to other buses once you arrive at these places.

On Sundays during the summer there is Dalesbus 830 which runs to places like Reeth, Hawes and Ingleton which I plan to do at some point and other places along the Dalesbus network of services.

I have not been to any of these places for photos before so I'd quite like to do some outings in these areas, if you want you could join me on these outings just drop me a PM sometime if you fancy it.
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm #1245

(07 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm)MrFozz What routes from Darlington goto North Yorkshire and over to Barnard Castle, I remember getting a bus to Ripon years ago and it went all over the world, I wouldn't mind having a look down towards Richmond and Catterick one day and maybe have a look over to Barnard Castle one day

From Darlington you have the following:

Barnard Castle - 84, X75/X76.
Richmond - 29, X26/X27, X34.
Northallerton - 72.

You can travel further if you change to other buses once you arrive at these places.

On Sundays during the summer there is Dalesbus 830 which runs to places like Reeth, Hawes and Ingleton which I plan to do at some point and other places along the Dalesbus network of services.

I have not been to any of these places for photos before so I'd quite like to do some outings in these areas, if you want you could join me on these outings just drop me a PM sometime if you fancy it.

07 Jun 2015, 1:44 pm

It was January 2005 the 723 was split.
Kuyoyo
07 Jun 2015, 1:44 pm #1246

It was January 2005 the 723 was split.

07 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 8:18 am)MrPottski I do think the mighty Darlo gets a bad time on here. Yes, the town centre is a pain to get photos in, but some of the journeys operated are cracking, with some of the best scenery around. Mind you, it's been a while since I've been to any of the other regions bus stations, interchanges or random collection of badly placed bus stops as a passenger so maybe I'm being deluded!
Now I remember why I have taken a strong disliking to Darlington recently, it was because I was ran down by a cyclist on a previous vist. The same has just happened again only this time I was walking up a hill while he came down hurtling very quickly towards me at speed and knocked me down and almost smashing the camera in the process.

Also I have just been threatened by three chavs saying they are going to ****ING SMACK US. Not the first time I've this either.

So I retract all statements about Darlington being great, it isn't, I am sick of being threatened by people here so now I am now in the position once again where I am thinking I just don't want to do this anymore I am getting nothing but grief at the moment and I am starting to feel that is not worth the time and stress anymore.
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm #1247

(07 Jun 2015, 8:18 am)MrPottski I do think the mighty Darlo gets a bad time on here. Yes, the town centre is a pain to get photos in, but some of the journeys operated are cracking, with some of the best scenery around. Mind you, it's been a while since I've been to any of the other regions bus stations, interchanges or random collection of badly placed bus stops as a passenger so maybe I'm being deluded!
Now I remember why I have taken a strong disliking to Darlington recently, it was because I was ran down by a cyclist on a previous vist. The same has just happened again only this time I was walking up a hill while he came down hurtling very quickly towards me at speed and knocked me down and almost smashing the camera in the process.

Also I have just been threatened by three chavs saying they are going to ****ING SMACK US. Not the first time I've this either.

So I retract all statements about Darlington being great, it isn't, I am sick of being threatened by people here so now I am now in the position once again where I am thinking I just don't want to do this anymore I am getting nothing but grief at the moment and I am starting to feel that is not worth the time and stress anymore.

07 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm
There is also children spraying water pistols at passing vehicles on Prebend Row which is incredibly stupid and dangerous.
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm #1248

There is also children spraying water pistols at passing vehicles on Prebend Row which is incredibly stupid and dangerous.

07 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm)Jimmi There is also children spraying water pistols at passing vehicles on Prebend Row which is incredibly stupid and dangerous.

Idiots.
omnicity4659
07 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm #1249

(07 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm)Jimmi There is also children spraying water pistols at passing vehicles on Prebend Row which is incredibly stupid and dangerous.

Idiots.

07 Jun 2015, 3:13 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm)Jimmi Now I remember why I have taken a strong disliking to Darlington recently, it was because I was ran down by a cyclist on a previous vist. The same has just happened again only this time I was walking up a hill while he came down hurtling very quickly towards me at speed and knocked me down and almost smashing the camera in the process.

The same cyclist? I'd go down to his house, no smash his bicycle,

In other news, I've now got a death sentence from (long story short, some anus hit me on the head in November) the anus' dad. I've apparently started on the pillock, and now the dad is going to track me down and kill me... I wish I spent half an hour at the bus station now.
omnicity4659
07 Jun 2015, 3:13 pm #1250

(07 Jun 2015, 2:49 pm)Jimmi Now I remember why I have taken a strong disliking to Darlington recently, it was because I was ran down by a cyclist on a previous vist. The same has just happened again only this time I was walking up a hill while he came down hurtling very quickly towards me at speed and knocked me down and almost smashing the camera in the process.

The same cyclist? I'd go down to his house, no smash his bicycle,

In other news, I've now got a death sentence from (long story short, some anus hit me on the head in November) the anus' dad. I've apparently started on the pillock, and now the dad is going to track me down and kill me... I wish I spent half an hour at the bus station now.

07 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm

It's pointless giving up on what you're doing, all because of a couple of idiots. I've never had any bother in Darlington, but I've not really strayed away from the centre. 

As I do when I'm anywhere. I keep my wits about me and put my camera away if sense any bother.

They can count themselves lucky. I remember being on the bus in Washington, and you'd usually get an ambush of waterbombs as it passed through a bus link! 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm #1251

It's pointless giving up on what you're doing, all because of a couple of idiots. I've never had any bother in Darlington, but I've not really strayed away from the centre. 

As I do when I'm anywhere. I keep my wits about me and put my camera away if sense any bother.

They can count themselves lucky. I remember being on the bus in Washington, and you'd usually get an ambush of waterbombs as it passed through a bus link! 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

07 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm)aureolin It's pointless giving up on what you're doing, all because of a couple of idiots. I've never had any bother in Darlington, but I've not really strayed away from the centre. 

These incidents happened in the town centre and I had just taken photos at the times so still had the camera round my neck.

Annoyingly it seems like I am getting hassle everytime I go to Darlington these days although I am not having problems anywhere else it seems to be exclusively in Darlington Town Centre, I had one minor incident in Bishop Auckland Bus Station but that one was not too bad. It's amazing when you see some of the dumps I have been taking photographs in (even Ashington!) and have no bother but I always have issues in Darlington Town Centre especially on Sundays.

I do often put the camera away when I suspect there may be problems normally but had just taken photos at the time so had no time to hide the camera.

Annoyingly I could do with observing more Dales and District services for photos and I need a photo of peak time only Proctors service 610R which replaced the X59 recently.
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm #1252

(07 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm)aureolin It's pointless giving up on what you're doing, all because of a couple of idiots. I've never had any bother in Darlington, but I've not really strayed away from the centre. 

These incidents happened in the town centre and I had just taken photos at the times so still had the camera round my neck.

Annoyingly it seems like I am getting hassle everytime I go to Darlington these days although I am not having problems anywhere else it seems to be exclusively in Darlington Town Centre, I had one minor incident in Bishop Auckland Bus Station but that one was not too bad. It's amazing when you see some of the dumps I have been taking photographs in (even Ashington!) and have no bother but I always have issues in Darlington Town Centre especially on Sundays.

I do often put the camera away when I suspect there may be problems normally but had just taken photos at the time so had no time to hide the camera.

Annoyingly I could do with observing more Dales and District services for photos and I need a photo of peak time only Proctors service 610R which replaced the X59 recently.

07 Jun 2015, 3:31 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm)Jimmi ... taking photographs in (even Ashington!) ...

Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!  Wink

Go and pick on Blyth, will you?  Big Grin
omnicity4659
07 Jun 2015, 3:31 pm #1253

(07 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm)Jimmi ... taking photographs in (even Ashington!) ...

Aaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!  Wink

Go and pick on Blyth, will you?  Big Grin

07 Jun 2015, 4:18 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm)Jimmi These incidents happened in the town centre and I had just taken photos at the times so still had the camera round my neck.

Get yourself on an X26/7 at Darlington, have a little toddle down to Richmond and get the 610R there. It's a lovely place, been there today myself actually, and you'll get no hassle at all. Was quite surprised to see the 831 Dalesbus now operated by Arriva Yorkshire pull into the car park where I was.
MrPottski
07 Jun 2015, 4:18 pm #1254

(07 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm)Jimmi These incidents happened in the town centre and I had just taken photos at the times so still had the camera round my neck.

Get yourself on an X26/7 at Darlington, have a little toddle down to Richmond and get the 610R there. It's a lovely place, been there today myself actually, and you'll get no hassle at all. Was quite surprised to see the 831 Dalesbus now operated by Arriva Yorkshire pull into the car park where I was.

07 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 4:18 pm)MrPottski Get yourself on an X26/7 at Darlington, have a little toddle down to Richmond and get the 610R there. It's a lovely place, been there today myself actually, and you'll get no hassle at all. Was quite surprised to see the 831 Dalesbus now operated by Arriva Yorkshire pull into the car park where I was.

As I was saying earlier I'd quite like a trip to Richmond although I'd probably go earlier in the day so I could probably go some other places too.

I'd probably try and get some of these peak evening services but I may use Abbey Road so as well as the 610R I'd also get shots of the Scarlet Band 16A to Newton Aycliffe and 72 also heads down there at that time as well.

Probably overreacted a bit but it's not been the best afternoon. All of what happened could have happened anywhere.
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 4:29 pm #1255

(07 Jun 2015, 4:18 pm)MrPottski Get yourself on an X26/7 at Darlington, have a little toddle down to Richmond and get the 610R there. It's a lovely place, been there today myself actually, and you'll get no hassle at all. Was quite surprised to see the 831 Dalesbus now operated by Arriva Yorkshire pull into the car park where I was.

As I was saying earlier I'd quite like a trip to Richmond although I'd probably go earlier in the day so I could probably go some other places too.

I'd probably try and get some of these peak evening services but I may use Abbey Road so as well as the 610R I'd also get shots of the Scarlet Band 16A to Newton Aycliffe and 72 also heads down there at that time as well.

Probably overreacted a bit but it's not been the best afternoon. All of what happened could have happened anywhere.

07 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm
Anyone else having problems uploading photos to Flickr this afternoon?

All mine are coming up as timed out.
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm #1256

Anyone else having problems uploading photos to Flickr this afternoon?

07 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm)Jimmi Anyone else having problems uploading photos to Flickr this afternoon?

Been trying to upload 5 photos, about an hour later they still aren't online Angry

Ridiculous!
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm #1257

(07 Jun 2015, 4:39 pm)Jimmi Anyone else having problems uploading photos to Flickr this afternoon?

Been trying to upload 5 photos, about an hour later they still aren't online Angry

Ridiculous!

Davie
Banned
07 Jun 2015, 5:59 pm

I had that problem a couple of nights ago
Davie
07 Jun 2015, 5:59 pm #1258

I had that problem a couple of nights ago

07 Jun 2015, 6:07 pm
(07 Jun 2015, 5:59 pm)Davie I had that problem a couple of nights ago

Seems like everyone is having the problem at the moment.

Only just finally seen someone get some photos online, the last hour my home/activity page has just been favourites.

EDIT: No problems continue... *sighs*
Jimmi
07 Jun 2015, 6:07 pm #1259

(07 Jun 2015, 5:59 pm)Davie I had that problem a couple of nights ago

Seems like everyone is having the problem at the moment.

Only just finally seen someone get some photos online, the last hour my home/activity page has just been favourites.

EDIT: No problems continue... *sighs*

Davie
Banned
07 Jun 2015, 6:42 pm
My laptops fucked (sorry for the language) Angry
Davie
07 Jun 2015, 6:42 pm #1260

My laptops fucked (sorry for the language) Angry

Pages (150): Previous 162 63 64150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3815