Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 163 64 65150 Next
07 Jun 2015, 6:48 pm #1,261
(07 Jun 2015, 6:42 pm)Davie My laptops fucked  (sorry for the language)  Angry

How many programmes do you download onto it, may I ask?
omnicity4659
07 Jun 2015, 6:48 pm #1,261

How many programmes do you download onto it, may I ask?

DanPicken

Banned

07 Jun 2015, 7:09 pm #1,262

Mine went but I had 10 games and numerous other things it overheated heated and cut out (much like any bus made by Scania) every day.
DanPicken
07 Jun 2015, 7:09 pm #1,262

Mine went but I had 10 games and numerous other things it overheated heated and cut out (much like any bus made by Scania) every day.

Davie

Banned

07 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm #1,263
(07 Jun 2015, 7:09 pm)danpick Mine went but I had 10 games and numerous other things it overheated heated and cut out (much like any bus made by Scania) every day.

I only had 1 on
Davie
07 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm #1,263

(07 Jun 2015, 7:09 pm)danpick Mine went but I had 10 games and numerous other things it overheated heated and cut out (much like any bus made by Scania) every day.

I only had 1 on

LeeCalder

08 Jun 2015, 7:59 am #1,264
(07 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm)Davie I only had 1 on

Yeah but it's Train Sim 2015 and that is suited for a desktop. 

That game is what broke my laptop.
LeeCalder
08 Jun 2015, 7:59 am #1,264

(07 Jun 2015, 7:10 pm)Davie I only had 1 on

Yeah but it's Train Sim 2015 and that is suited for a desktop. 

That game is what broke my laptop.

Malarkey

08 Jun 2015, 9:08 am #1,265
Job Centre, sooner I can get a Job where I can work over 16 Hours a week the better.
Malarkey
08 Jun 2015, 9:08 am #1,265

Job Centre, sooner I can get a Job where I can work over 16 Hours a week the better.

tyresmoke

08 Jun 2015, 9:43 am #1,266
(08 Jun 2015, 9:08 am)Malarkey Job Centre, sooner I can get a Job where I can work over 16 Hours a week the better.

Wish everyone was as interested as you Adam!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
08 Jun 2015, 9:43 am #1,266

(08 Jun 2015, 9:08 am)Malarkey Job Centre, sooner I can get a Job where I can work over 16 Hours a week the better.

Wish everyone was as interested as you Adam!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Malarkey

08 Jun 2015, 9:55 am #1,267
(08 Jun 2015, 9:43 am)tyresmoke Wish everyone was as interested as you Adam!

I just want to work, gain experience and build a future for myself, rather than being a bum and being lazy around the house most days and living off what money I get from the Job Centre like most people do, plus after this mornings appointment at the Job Centre I would much rather sign off altogether if I could, than do half the things they have told me I have to do in a rather threatening manner to say the least, but then I would be living on the streets.
Malarkey
08 Jun 2015, 9:55 am #1,267

(08 Jun 2015, 9:43 am)tyresmoke Wish everyone was as interested as you Adam!

I just want to work, gain experience and build a future for myself, rather than being a bum and being lazy around the house most days and living off what money I get from the Job Centre like most people do, plus after this mornings appointment at the Job Centre I would much rather sign off altogether if I could, than do half the things they have told me I have to do in a rather threatening manner to say the least, but then I would be living on the streets.

Jimmi

08 Jun 2015, 2:45 pm #1,268
Still having problems with Flickr, seriously hacked off about it now Angry
Jimmi
08 Jun 2015, 2:45 pm #1,268

Still having problems with Flickr, seriously hacked off about it now Angry

idiot

08 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm #1,269
(08 Jun 2015, 9:55 am)Malarkey I just want to work, gain experience and build a future for myself, rather than being a bum and being lazy around the house most days and living off what money I get from the Job Centre like most people do, plus after this mornings appointment at the Job Centre I would much rather sign off altogether if I could, than do half the things they have told me I have to do in a rather threatening manner to say the least, but then I would be living on the streets.

You have gained a lot of respect from me with your work ethic attitude. Keep it up - sometimes its hard and you get knocked down I appreciate that but the fact you want to do something instead of just being a bum is great. Chin up, something will come along.

Have you thought about setting up your own business? I run my own business and work in a school part time and I love running my business!
idiot
08 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm #1,269

(08 Jun 2015, 9:55 am)Malarkey I just want to work, gain experience and build a future for myself, rather than being a bum and being lazy around the house most days and living off what money I get from the Job Centre like most people do, plus after this mornings appointment at the Job Centre I would much rather sign off altogether if I could, than do half the things they have told me I have to do in a rather threatening manner to say the least, but then I would be living on the streets.

You have gained a lot of respect from me with your work ethic attitude. Keep it up - sometimes its hard and you get knocked down I appreciate that but the fact you want to do something instead of just being a bum is great. Chin up, something will come along.

Have you thought about setting up your own business? I run my own business and work in a school part time and I love running my business!

Malarkey

08 Jun 2015, 3:24 pm #1,270
(08 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm)idiot You have gained a lot of respect from me with your work ethic attitude. Keep it up - sometimes its hard and you get knocked down I appreciate that but the fact you want to do something instead of just being a bum is great. Chin up, something will come along.

Thanks for those kind words it is much appreciated, since my post this morning I have phoned the 3 Agencies I am with looking for Shifts but they all they had was for Newcastle Racecourse finishing at Midnight so I would be unable to get home from Gosforth, otherwise they had nothing for me, I have Updated my CV/Cover Letter and Applied for Bar Jobs at the Marriot Hotel at Seaburn and Various Wetherspoon across the Region.

What is it that you do/or sell as part of your business if you dont mind me asking.

I had thought about setting up a Model Bus Shop which would sell all the Models from the North East Area along with perhaps Old Timetables and Books etc, but that idea got immediately shot down by my mother who told me to stop being stupid, my dad said he would look into it with me but we never got around to it, and I would probably have to take out a loan to start out with also to fund the purchase of stock etc.
Malarkey
08 Jun 2015, 3:24 pm #1,270

(08 Jun 2015, 3:03 pm)idiot You have gained a lot of respect from me with your work ethic attitude. Keep it up - sometimes its hard and you get knocked down I appreciate that but the fact you want to do something instead of just being a bum is great. Chin up, something will come along.

Thanks for those kind words it is much appreciated, since my post this morning I have phoned the 3 Agencies I am with looking for Shifts but they all they had was for Newcastle Racecourse finishing at Midnight so I would be unable to get home from Gosforth, otherwise they had nothing for me, I have Updated my CV/Cover Letter and Applied for Bar Jobs at the Marriot Hotel at Seaburn and Various Wetherspoon across the Region.

What is it that you do/or sell as part of your business if you dont mind me asking.

I had thought about setting up a Model Bus Shop which would sell all the Models from the North East Area along with perhaps Old Timetables and Books etc, but that idea got immediately shot down by my mother who told me to stop being stupid, my dad said he would look into it with me but we never got around to it, and I would probably have to take out a loan to start out with also to fund the purchase of stock etc.

Adrian

08 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm #1,271
Can you not do a part time or evening course in the meantime at a college? It fills a gap on a CV, and shows that you have a willingness to develop new skills imo.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm #1,271

Can you not do a part time or evening course in the meantime at a college? It fills a gap on a CV, and shows that you have a willingness to develop new skills imo.

Malarkey

08 Jun 2015, 4:06 pm #1,272
(08 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm)aureolin Can you not do a part time or evening course in the meantime at a college? It fills a gap on a CV, and shows that you have a willingness to develop new skills imo.

I could but I hadnt really thought about going back to College, dont even know what I would want to do though, probably the only option would be Business Studies, think part of my life is behind me now to be honest, getting into work and gaining experience through the qualifications and work exp I already have is my focus right now though.
Malarkey
08 Jun 2015, 4:06 pm #1,272

(08 Jun 2015, 3:41 pm)aureolin Can you not do a part time or evening course in the meantime at a college? It fills a gap on a CV, and shows that you have a willingness to develop new skills imo.

I could but I hadnt really thought about going back to College, dont even know what I would want to do though, probably the only option would be Business Studies, think part of my life is behind me now to be honest, getting into work and gaining experience through the qualifications and work exp I already have is my focus right now though.

Adrian

08 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm #1,273
(08 Jun 2015, 4:06 pm)Malarkey I could but I hadnt really thought about going back to College, dont even know what I would want to do though, probably the only option would be Business Studies, think part of my life is behind me now to be honest, getting into work and gaining experience through the qualifications and work exp I already have is my focus right now though.

Depends what you want to do though mate. If you've struggled to get even just 16 hours a week for ages, then things probably aren't going to get much easier. You're probably going to be run off your feet for little over minimum wage too. 

Even if you don't fancy college, why not look at what you need for an apprenticeship and work towards that? It'd get you a foot into a proper industry, doing something you really want to be doing, and getting paid a more realistic wage? I actually thought that job centre advisers had to suggest this sort of crack to you... it's no wonder people are struggling to get jobs if they're not...

Adrian
08 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm #1,273

(08 Jun 2015, 4:06 pm)Malarkey I could but I hadnt really thought about going back to College, dont even know what I would want to do though, probably the only option would be Business Studies, think part of my life is behind me now to be honest, getting into work and gaining experience through the qualifications and work exp I already have is my focus right now though.

Depends what you want to do though mate. If you've struggled to get even just 16 hours a week for ages, then things probably aren't going to get much easier. You're probably going to be run off your feet for little over minimum wage too. 

Even if you don't fancy college, why not look at what you need for an apprenticeship and work towards that? It'd get you a foot into a proper industry, doing something you really want to be doing, and getting paid a more realistic wage? I actually thought that job centre advisers had to suggest this sort of crack to you... it's no wonder people are struggling to get jobs if they're not...

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm #1,274

If you're applying for full-time jobs and having no luck, there must be a reason for this. Providing there is a suitable candidate of those interviewed, the best one will always be selected. You have demonstrated enthusiasm to get into the world of work on this forum, so I have no doubt that you would convey this within an interview as well. Whilst I agree that the work you are doing at present will work well in your favour, there are ways in which you can pack out your CV with other things to increase your chances of you being the best candidate.

I really do agree with aureolin. Going to a night class to obtain another qualification or two could demonstrate how you are keen to expand your knowledge - especially if you have done this off your own back opposed to the job centre 'suggesting' it to you. Have you undertaken any voluntary work recently? Prior to getting into the world of work myself, I had undertaken five weeks of voluntary work experience in total (with one week being organised through Connexions in school). I think this really helped me out in my interview, as I had a hell of a lot to talk about!
Dan
08 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm #1,274

If you're applying for full-time jobs and having no luck, there must be a reason for this. Providing there is a suitable candidate of those interviewed, the best one will always be selected. You have demonstrated enthusiasm to get into the world of work on this forum, so I have no doubt that you would convey this within an interview as well. Whilst I agree that the work you are doing at present will work well in your favour, there are ways in which you can pack out your CV with other things to increase your chances of you being the best candidate.

I really do agree with aureolin. Going to a night class to obtain another qualification or two could demonstrate how you are keen to expand your knowledge - especially if you have done this off your own back opposed to the job centre 'suggesting' it to you. Have you undertaken any voluntary work recently? Prior to getting into the world of work myself, I had undertaken five weeks of voluntary work experience in total (with one week being organised through Connexions in school). I think this really helped me out in my interview, as I had a hell of a lot to talk about!

Malarkey

08 Jun 2015, 5:21 pm #1,275
(08 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm)aureolin Depends what you want to do though mate. If you've struggled to get even just 16 hours a week for ages, then things probably aren't going to get much easier. You're probably going to be run off your feet for little over minimum wage too. 

I used to apply for loads of Apprenticeships on a weekly basis up until a few months ago, where I had an opportunity for an Interview for an Apprenticeship in Business Administration, and an Interview at the Mile Castle in Town, I went for the Mile Castle as it was a permanent full time position instead as they both scheduled for the same day at the same time and I was going to better off money wise, nothing I could do about being double booked on that particular day, anyway the Apprentice Advisor was not amused with this decision and opted to burn all bridges for me getting into an Apprenticeship, as she thought my heart wasnt in it and that I was unreliable etc, personally think she wasnt bothered about my future and more so the nice bonus she would of got for getting me onto an Apprenticeship.
(08 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm)Dan If you're applying for full-time jobs and having no luck, there must be a reason for this. Providing there is a suitable candidate of those interviewed, the best one will always be selected. You have demonstrated enthusiasm to get into the world of work on this forum, so I have no doubt that you would convey this within an interview as well. Whilst I agree that the work you are doing at present will work well in your favour, there are ways in which you can pack out your CV with other things to increase your chances of you being the best candidate.

To be honest the Job Centre have never once suggested a Job to me on there Website that has perhaps just came in or doing any Courses or Voluntary work at all in time I have been going their, Ingeus likewise what a waste of 2 Year that was, every Interview I have gotten I have gotten off doing it off my back as I have put the effort into my CV and Covering Letter, I did a Food Hygiene, Safety, Allergens and Safety in the Work Place course a few weeks back at Adecco as thought it would increase my chances of getting a Bar or Waiting Job somewhere.
Malarkey
08 Jun 2015, 5:21 pm #1,275

(08 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm)aureolin Depends what you want to do though mate. If you've struggled to get even just 16 hours a week for ages, then things probably aren't going to get much easier. You're probably going to be run off your feet for little over minimum wage too. 

I used to apply for loads of Apprenticeships on a weekly basis up until a few months ago, where I had an opportunity for an Interview for an Apprenticeship in Business Administration, and an Interview at the Mile Castle in Town, I went for the Mile Castle as it was a permanent full time position instead as they both scheduled for the same day at the same time and I was going to better off money wise, nothing I could do about being double booked on that particular day, anyway the Apprentice Advisor was not amused with this decision and opted to burn all bridges for me getting into an Apprenticeship, as she thought my heart wasnt in it and that I was unreliable etc, personally think she wasnt bothered about my future and more so the nice bonus she would of got for getting me onto an Apprenticeship.
(08 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm)Dan If you're applying for full-time jobs and having no luck, there must be a reason for this. Providing there is a suitable candidate of those interviewed, the best one will always be selected. You have demonstrated enthusiasm to get into the world of work on this forum, so I have no doubt that you would convey this within an interview as well. Whilst I agree that the work you are doing at present will work well in your favour, there are ways in which you can pack out your CV with other things to increase your chances of you being the best candidate.

To be honest the Job Centre have never once suggested a Job to me on there Website that has perhaps just came in or doing any Courses or Voluntary work at all in time I have been going their, Ingeus likewise what a waste of 2 Year that was, every Interview I have gotten I have gotten off doing it off my back as I have put the effort into my CV and Covering Letter, I did a Food Hygiene, Safety, Allergens and Safety in the Work Place course a few weeks back at Adecco as thought it would increase my chances of getting a Bar or Waiting Job somewhere.

Andreos1

08 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm #1,276

Nah, the job centre aren't interested in doing anything other than checking the book to see the job search activities and threaten sanctions.
All of the subcontracted organisations, like Ingeus and Avanta want, is outcomes (jobs), with staff making as little effort as possible - but the job seeker doing the running.
The work provider then get the outcome payment.

A lot of the staff at these places, have sales or recruitment agency experience, rather than the type of experience you would think was required.
I have had a couple of good mates work in front line JCP roles.
Known them for a long time - one had worked in call centres prior to his JCP job, the other admin in an office. Neither received any careers advice training at all.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm #1,276

Nah, the job centre aren't interested in doing anything other than checking the book to see the job search activities and threaten sanctions.
All of the subcontracted organisations, like Ingeus and Avanta want, is outcomes (jobs), with staff making as little effort as possible - but the job seeker doing the running.

A lot of the staff at these places, have sales or recruitment agency experience, rather than the type of experience you would think was required.
Known them for a long time - one had worked in call centres prior to his JCP job, the other admin in an office. Neither received any careers advice training at all.

Adrian

08 Jun 2015, 6:04 pm #1,277
(08 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm)Andreos1 Nah, the job centre aren't interested in doing anything other than checking the book to see the job search activities and threaten sanctions.

It's complete balls like. I've never had to go to one, so I've no real experience of how they work. Sounds like an extension of the usual Tory policy of kicking a man whilst down though! 

Adrian
08 Jun 2015, 6:04 pm #1,277

(08 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm)Andreos1 Nah, the job centre aren't interested in doing anything other than checking the book to see the job search activities and threaten sanctions.

It's complete balls like. I've never had to go to one, so I've no real experience of how they work. Sounds like an extension of the usual Tory policy of kicking a man whilst down though! 

Andreos1

08 Jun 2015, 6:06 pm #1,278
(08 Jun 2015, 5:21 pm)Malarkey I used to apply for loads of Apprenticeships on a weekly basis up until a few months ago, where I had an opportunity for an Interview for an Apprenticeship in Business Administration, and an Interview at the Mile Castle in Town, I went for the Mile Castle as it was a permanent full time position instead as they both scheduled for the same day at the same time and I was going to better off money wise, nothing I could do about being double booked on that particular day, anyway the Apprentice Advisor was not amused with this decision and opted to burn all bridges for me getting into an Apprenticeship, as she thought my heart wasnt in it and that I was unreliable etc, personally think she wasnt bothered about my future and more so the nice bonus she would of got for getting me onto an Apprenticeship.

Just said exactly the same thing - as long as they hit the targets and outcomes.

(08 Jun 2015, 6:04 pm)aureolin It's complete balls like. I've never had to go to one, so I've no real experience of how they work. Sounds like an extension of the usual Tory policy of kicking a man whilst down though! 

It is a similar story with unemployment figures.
They may be dropping, but it isn't because people are finding jobs... Read into that what you will.

The A4E case, should have been a watershed.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...54466.html
Edited 08 Jun 2015, 6:09 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
08 Jun 2015, 6:06 pm #1,278

(08 Jun 2015, 5:21 pm)Malarkey I used to apply for loads of Apprenticeships on a weekly basis up until a few months ago, where I had an opportunity for an Interview for an Apprenticeship in Business Administration, and an Interview at the Mile Castle in Town, I went for the Mile Castle as it was a permanent full time position instead as they both scheduled for the same day at the same time and I was going to better off money wise, nothing I could do about being double booked on that particular day, anyway the Apprentice Advisor was not amused with this decision and opted to burn all bridges for me getting into an Apprenticeship, as she thought my heart wasnt in it and that I was unreliable etc, personally think she wasnt bothered about my future and more so the nice bonus she would of got for getting me onto an Apprenticeship.

Just said exactly the same thing - as long as they hit the targets and outcomes.

(08 Jun 2015, 6:04 pm)aureolin It's complete balls like. I've never had to go to one, so I've no real experience of how they work. Sounds like an extension of the usual Tory policy of kicking a man whilst down though! 

It is a similar story with unemployment figures.
They may be dropping, but it isn't because people are finding jobs... Read into that what you will.

The A4E case, should have been a watershed.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/pol...54466.html

Jimmi

08 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm #1,279
WiFi again! Showing blue light as normal but I can't load anything on my laptop or mobile.

My life is just an endless stream of problems and disappointments.

EDIT: typical I start moaning about it then it suddenly starts working again!
Edited 08 Jun 2015, 6:54 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
08 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm #1,279

WiFi again! Showing blue light as normal but I can't load anything on my laptop or mobile.

My life is just an endless stream of problems and disappointments.

EDIT: typical I start moaning about it then it suddenly starts working again!

mb134

08 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm #1,280
My phone ran out of juice at 4.30, I lobbed it on charge, but it stayed on 1% for a good 15 minutes before the screen went blank. I tried everything, spent nearly 2 hours on Chat with Sony, and had given up. I plugged it into my laptop for one of the things Sony told me to do, which didn't work, but I left it in anyway and suddenly my laptop made a "bing" noise ,signalling something had been plugged into it, my phone albeit in a limited way had come back to life. (Those with Xperia's will know what I'm talking about here-) The red charging light came back, and while I rushed to a plug it went back to the "1%" screen. It stayed like this for a good 20 minutes, before I removed it from charge and had a crack at turning it on just incase, the words "powered by android" have never made me so happy in all my life.

Didn't really know where to put this, annoyed the hell out of me for 3 and a half hours, but made me happy in the end.
mb134
08 Jun 2015, 7:39 pm #1,280

My phone ran out of juice at 4.30, I lobbed it on charge, but it stayed on 1% for a good 15 minutes before the screen went blank. I tried everything, spent nearly 2 hours on Chat with Sony, and had given up. I plugged it into my laptop for one of the things Sony told me to do, which didn't work, but I left it in anyway and suddenly my laptop made a "bing" noise ,signalling something had been plugged into it, my phone albeit in a limited way had come back to life. (Those with Xperia's will know what I'm talking about here-) The red charging light came back, and while I rushed to a plug it went back to the "1%" screen. It stayed like this for a good 20 minutes, before I removed it from charge and had a crack at turning it on just incase, the words "powered by android" have never made me so happy in all my life.

Didn't really know where to put this, annoyed the hell out of me for 3 and a half hours, but made me happy in the end.

Pages (150) Previous 163 64 65150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average