Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150): Previous 171 72 73150 Next
15 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm
(15 Jun 2015, 12:37 pm)Michael I also hate that word to, can we stick to "Special Needs schools".

I've worked in Special needs schools before and they do lessons, one to one but they mostly play etc while the other children go out and do their one to ones or physico etc... although this was for children aged from 6 months to year 6.... obviously this will be different if its a older special needs school....

It's an awful word, hate it, along with other insulting terms that can be used to describe it.

Special needs in schools really depends on the extent of the needs of the person in question really. Some will need more support than others and others will need less support and will be able to learn more independently or with less support.
Jimmi
15 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm #1421

(15 Jun 2015, 12:37 pm)Michael I also hate that word to, can we stick to "Special Needs schools".

I've worked in Special needs schools before and they do lessons, one to one but they mostly play etc while the other children go out and do their one to ones or physico etc... although this was for children aged from 6 months to year 6.... obviously this will be different if its a older special needs school....

It's an awful word, hate it, along with other insulting terms that can be used to describe it.

Special needs in schools really depends on the extent of the needs of the person in question really. Some will need more support than others and others will need less support and will be able to learn more independently or with less support.

15 Jun 2015, 5:20 pm
(15 Jun 2015, 11:50 am)Tommy_1581 It's been over a year since that, bloody ignorant people just see my life written down in black and white and then judge me, saying that I need this and that etc etc. The council now want to send me to a school that originally refused to have me, this will be my SEVENTH school, and simply I'm refusing to go, what happens if it goes tits up? Let's face it, with my history, I won't become a bus, metro or train driver, so what's the point in education. I was ahead of everybody in Year 1 and 2 but now I'm six years behind on my education, because of the councils tendency to send me to spacker schools which have people learning 1+1 and ABC by the time they're 20.

The greatest education you could have at the moment is to learn to control your anger and temper. There's no place for violence in the world, but if that's the route you want to live your life by, then you're always going to come up against someone too big for you to handle in the end. Get past the self-requirement of always needing to be right, and you're half way on your way to doing that...

How do you know you won't become a bus, metro or train driver? Can't remember how old you are, but I'm sure you've got more than enough time to achieve that. You just need to let the system drive until you're old enough to leave it behind. It's certainly going to be a lot easier if you just play ball. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Jun 2015, 5:20 pm #1422

(15 Jun 2015, 11:50 am)Tommy_1581 It's been over a year since that, bloody ignorant people just see my life written down in black and white and then judge me, saying that I need this and that etc etc. The council now want to send me to a school that originally refused to have me, this will be my SEVENTH school, and simply I'm refusing to go, what happens if it goes tits up? Let's face it, with my history, I won't become a bus, metro or train driver, so what's the point in education. I was ahead of everybody in Year 1 and 2 but now I'm six years behind on my education, because of the councils tendency to send me to spacker schools which have people learning 1+1 and ABC by the time they're 20.

The greatest education you could have at the moment is to learn to control your anger and temper. There's no place for violence in the world, but if that's the route you want to live your life by, then you're always going to come up against someone too big for you to handle in the end. Get past the self-requirement of always needing to be right, and you're half way on your way to doing that...

How do you know you won't become a bus, metro or train driver? Can't remember how old you are, but I'm sure you've got more than enough time to achieve that. You just need to let the system drive until you're old enough to leave it behind. It's certainly going to be a lot easier if you just play ball. 

15 Jun 2015, 7:03 pm
Spent 10 minutes trying to crop one photo for my Flickr and it's just not happening Dodgy
Jimmi
15 Jun 2015, 7:03 pm #1423

Spent 10 minutes trying to crop one photo for my Flickr and it's just not happening Dodgy

15 Jun 2015, 7:38 pm
(15 Jun 2015, 7:03 pm)Jimmi Spent 10 minutes trying to crop one photo for my Flickr and it's just not happening Dodgy

Gave up in the end Dodgy

Thinking about taking a break from Flickr as recently I can't seem to get through a single upload without encountering technical problems and pretty much every time I've uploaded in the last fortnight I have been shouting, screaming and swearing the house down. I'm fed up with it at the moment, I'm at the stage where I am thinking that it is not worth the time and effort anymore.

I imagine many of you will be sad to hear me say this and I know many of you like viewing my Flickr but it is driving me insane now and the stress I'm having when these problems happen are starting to kill me. I think I need to take some time away from it for a little while.

I will continue to take photos and go on outings.
Jimmi
15 Jun 2015, 7:38 pm #1424

(15 Jun 2015, 7:03 pm)Jimmi Spent 10 minutes trying to crop one photo for my Flickr and it's just not happening Dodgy

Gave up in the end Dodgy

Thinking about taking a break from Flickr as recently I can't seem to get through a single upload without encountering technical problems and pretty much every time I've uploaded in the last fortnight I have been shouting, screaming and swearing the house down. I'm fed up with it at the moment, I'm at the stage where I am thinking that it is not worth the time and effort anymore.

I imagine many of you will be sad to hear me say this and I know many of you like viewing my Flickr but it is driving me insane now and the stress I'm having when these problems happen are starting to kill me. I think I need to take some time away from it for a little while.

15 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm
(15 Jun 2015, 7:38 pm)Jimmi Gave up in the end Dodgy

See if you can get yourself a copy of Photoshop Elements or something instead perhaps? I just load all my raw files into Photoshop (using CameraRAW), and work from that.

Adrian
15 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm #1425

(15 Jun 2015, 7:38 pm)Jimmi Gave up in the end Dodgy

See if you can get yourself a copy of Photoshop Elements or something instead perhaps? I just load all my raw files into Photoshop (using CameraRAW), and work from that.

15 Jun 2015, 7:46 pm
Google Chorme. In the last 2 hours, it has basically gone from working fine to either not loading anything or loading some sites but not others. And this is after restarting the computer twice, logging off several time, clearing cached data at least 10 times and resetting the browser twice as well.
Kuyoyo
15 Jun 2015, 7:46 pm #1426

Google Chorme. In the last 2 hours, it has basically gone from working fine to either not loading anything or loading some sites but not others. And this is after restarting the computer twice, logging off several time, clearing cached data at least 10 times and resetting the browser twice as well.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
15 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm
(15 Jun 2015, 5:20 pm)aureolin The greatest education you could have at the moment is to learn to control your anger and temper. There's no place for violence in the world, but if that's the route you want to live your life by, then you're always going to come up against someone too big for you to handle in the end. Get past the self-requirement of always needing to be right, and you're half way on your way to doing that...

What Aurelion Said Smile

Check your PM's Tommy...

Sorry if I am bombarding your inbox mate
MrFozz
15 Jun 2015, 7:48 pm #1427

(15 Jun 2015, 5:20 pm)aureolin The greatest education you could have at the moment is to learn to control your anger and temper. There's no place for violence in the world, but if that's the route you want to live your life by, then you're always going to come up against someone too big for you to handle in the end. Get past the self-requirement of always needing to be right, and you're half way on your way to doing that...

What Aurelion Said Smile

Check your PM's Tommy...

Sorry if I am bombarding your inbox mate

15 Jun 2015, 7:59 pm
(15 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm)aureolin See if you can get yourself a copy of Photoshop Elements or something instead perhaps? I just load all my raw files into Photoshop (using CameraRAW), and work from that.

May look into this as it is often the cropping where the problems occur.

Hopefully what I said earlier will be me just being a bit melodramatic and will hopefully be back to uploading in a few days.
Jimmi
15 Jun 2015, 7:59 pm #1428

(15 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm)aureolin See if you can get yourself a copy of Photoshop Elements or something instead perhaps? I just load all my raw files into Photoshop (using CameraRAW), and work from that.

May look into this as it is often the cropping where the problems occur.

Hopefully what I said earlier will be me just being a bit melodramatic and will hopefully be back to uploading in a few days.

Davie
Banned
15 Jun 2015, 8:20 pm
(15 Jun 2015, 7:46 pm)Kuyoyo Google Chorme. In the last 2 hours, it has basically gone from working fine to either not loading anything or loading some sites but not others. And this is after restarting the computer twice, logging off several time, clearing cached data at least 10 times and resetting the browser twice as well.

I had a similar issue yesterday on my tablet.
Davie
15 Jun 2015, 8:20 pm #1429

(15 Jun 2015, 7:46 pm)Kuyoyo Google Chorme. In the last 2 hours, it has basically gone from working fine to either not loading anything or loading some sites but not others. And this is after restarting the computer twice, logging off several time, clearing cached data at least 10 times and resetting the browser twice as well.

I had a similar issue yesterday on my tablet.

16 Jun 2015, 8:05 am
No internet!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Jun 2015, 8:05 am #1430

No internet!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

16 Jun 2015, 8:11 am
My BT Internet! Jesus Christ is is horrendous
LeeCalder
16 Jun 2015, 8:11 am #1431

My BT Internet! Jesus Christ is is horrendous

16 Jun 2015, 8:22 am
(16 Jun 2015, 8:05 am)Michael No internet!

Virgin box has also gone off.... -.-

(16 Jun 2015, 8:11 am)LeeCalder My BT Internet! Jesus Christ is is horrendous

Were with Virgin, its a decent company although my above posts say other wise about its internet atm!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Jun 2015, 8:22 am #1432

(16 Jun 2015, 8:05 am)Michael No internet!

Virgin box has also gone off.... -.-

(16 Jun 2015, 8:11 am)LeeCalder My BT Internet! Jesus Christ is is horrendous

Were with Virgin, its a decent company although my above posts say other wise about its internet atm!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

16 Jun 2015, 11:48 am
A half mile walk to catch a bus after Phoenix Coaches don't have the competence to wait at B&Q at North Seaton Colliery.
omnicity4659
16 Jun 2015, 11:48 am #1433

A half mile walk to catch a bus after Phoenix Coaches don't have the competence to wait at B&Q at North Seaton Colliery.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
16 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm
(16 Jun 2015, 11:48 am)Tommy_1581 A half mile walk to catch a bus after Phoenix Coaches don't have the competence to wait at B&Q at North Seaton Colliery.
Should keep ya fit Big Grin
MrFozz
16 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm #1434

(16 Jun 2015, 11:48 am)Tommy_1581 A half mile walk to catch a bus after Phoenix Coaches don't have the competence to wait at B&Q at North Seaton Colliery.
Should keep ya fit Big Grin

16 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm
Ascot. I should have put a bet on. Won 4 of the 6 races. With a Heinz, I would have made £34 odd Sad

There's always tomorrow I suppose...
Adam
16 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm #1435

Ascot. I should have put a bet on. Won 4 of the 6 races. With a Heinz, I would have made £34 odd Sad

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
16 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm
(16 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm)Adam Ascot. I should have put a bet on. Won 4 of the 6 races. With a Heinz, I would have made £34 odd Sad

How many separate bets is in a Heinz...not 57 by any chance...When I put accumulator bets on I normally would do a Yankee(6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold) or Lucky 15(4 Singles, 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold)

Very rarely win though, lol
MrFozz
16 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm #1436

(16 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm)Adam Ascot. I should have put a bet on. Won 4 of the 6 races. With a Heinz, I would have made £34 odd Sad

How many separate bets is in a Heinz...not 57 by any chance...When I put accumulator bets on I normally would do a Yankee(6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold) or Lucky 15(4 Singles, 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold)

16 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm
(16 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm)MrFozz How many separate bets is in a Heinz...not 57 by any chance...When I put accumulator bets on I normally would do a Yankee(6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold) or Lucky 15(4 Singles, 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold)

A Heinz is, ironically enough, 57 bets at X amount. I normally put a 10p Heinz on (10p X 57 = £5.70 to put the bets on). It's logical to assume that's where the name comes from Smile
Adam
16 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm #1437

(16 Jun 2015, 5:22 pm)MrFozz How many separate bets is in a Heinz...not 57 by any chance...When I put accumulator bets on I normally would do a Yankee(6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold) or Lucky 15(4 Singles, 6 Doubles, 4 Trebles, 1 Four-Fold)

A Heinz is, ironically enough, 57 bets at X amount. I normally put a 10p Heinz on (10p X 57 = £5.70 to put the bets on). It's logical to assume that's where the name comes from Smile

16 Jun 2015, 10:06 pm
Had a nightmare today and managed to send an email meant for one person to the whole of the office, not even just my department, everybody who works/contributes there (about 300 people) Blush Undecided
Drifter60
16 Jun 2015, 10:06 pm #1438

Had a nightmare today and managed to send an email meant for one person to the whole of the office, not even just my department, everybody who works/contributes there (about 300 people) Blush Undecided

16 Jun 2015, 10:08 pm
(16 Jun 2015, 10:06 pm)Drifter60 Had a nightmare today and managed to send an email meant for one person to the whole of the office, not even just my department, everybody who works/contributes there (about 300 people) ??
Ouch... nothing untoward I hope?

It does happen, although I do wonder why companies don't restrict who can send to certain lists, or even limit the header size of an email. It'd certainly prevent instances like this.

Adrian
16 Jun 2015, 10:08 pm #1439

(16 Jun 2015, 10:06 pm)Drifter60 Had a nightmare today and managed to send an email meant for one person to the whole of the office, not even just my department, everybody who works/contributes there (about 300 people) ??
Ouch... nothing untoward I hope?

It does happen, although I do wonder why companies don't restrict who can send to certain lists, or even limit the header size of an email. It'd certainly prevent instances like this.

16 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm
(16 Jun 2015, 10:08 pm)aureolin Ouch... nothing untoward I hope?

Nothing to sensetive on the email or anything, a few people would been very confused thought and I'm slightly mortified!
Yeah, mine happens as what I thought was the email of just 1 person turns out to be a general email out for everyone! 
Unlike the rest of the distribution lists it looks like a standard email. 
Drifter60
16 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm #1440

(16 Jun 2015, 10:08 pm)aureolin Ouch... nothing untoward I hope?

Nothing to sensetive on the email or anything, a few people would been very confused thought and I'm slightly mortified!
Yeah, mine happens as what I thought was the email of just 1 person turns out to be a general email out for everyone! 
Unlike the rest of the distribution lists it looks like a standard email. 

Pages (150): Previous 171 72 73150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3815
Views 1746486
14 May 2024, 1:23 pm
Last Post by Rob44
Replies 2686
Views 1585082
12 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm
Last Post by Adrian