Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150): Previous 186 87 88150 Next
11 Jul 2015, 9:47 pm
There were 4 or so lads sitting at the front of the X70 in Newcastle this morning and they were making rude gestures towards Me, Marcus and Adrian as we took a photo of the bus - However Adrian's response was just brilliant!
LeeCalder
11 Jul 2015, 9:47 pm #1721

There were 4 or so lads sitting at the front of the X70 in Newcastle this morning and they were making rude gestures towards Me, Marcus and Adrian as we took a photo of the bus - However Adrian's response was just brilliant!

DanPicken
Banned
12 Jul 2015, 6:08 am
(11 Jul 2015, 9:47 pm)LeeCalder There were 4 or so lads sitting at the front of the X70 in Newcastle this morning and they were making rude gestures towards Me, Marcus and Adrian as we took a photo of the bus - However Adrian's response was just brilliant!
What did he do?
DanPicken
12 Jul 2015, 6:08 am #1722

(11 Jul 2015, 9:47 pm)LeeCalder There were 4 or so lads sitting at the front of the X70 in Newcastle this morning and they were making rude gestures towards Me, Marcus and Adrian as we took a photo of the bus - However Adrian's response was just brilliant!
What did he do?

12 Jul 2015, 6:27 am
(12 Jul 2015, 6:08 am)danpick What did he do?
Nowt... Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Jul 2015, 6:27 am #1723

(12 Jul 2015, 6:08 am)danpick What did he do?
Nowt... Smile

12 Jul 2015, 8:59 am
I was on 6128 on Friday on an X31 from Stanley to Newcastle, and the was another enthusiast sat at the front going on and on (and on) about fire engines and buses and that... Not anyone on here, he said that he was only on a jobseekers forum.
omnicity4659
12 Jul 2015, 8:59 am #1724

I was on 6128 on Friday on an X31 from Stanley to Newcastle, and the was another enthusiast sat at the front going on and on (and on) about fire engines and buses and that... Not anyone on here, he said that he was only on a jobseekers forum.

12 Jul 2015, 8:08 pm
Has anybody ever had the experience where they have got a friend request on a social media platform that you don't know?

I have been getting a few on Skype recently. Blocked and reported them (although reporting won't make a difference as theoretically, they have not done anything wrong) but what i have noticed is that a majority of them appear to be from America. Very few from the UK itself.
S813 FVK
12 Jul 2015, 8:08 pm #1725

Has anybody ever had the experience where they have got a friend request on a social media platform that you don't know?

I have been getting a few on Skype recently. Blocked and reported them (although reporting won't make a difference as theoretically, they have not done anything wrong) but what i have noticed is that a majority of them appear to be from America. Very few from the UK itself.

14 Jul 2015, 3:08 pm
School children on I service 5 need a flaming smack! Always hate the 1511/1541 departures from Bishop Auckland for this reason.

The ones sat behind me were waving bottles about smacking off each other and throwing water, some of which landed on me and as you can imagine I was not amused. Although because I didn't react to this and just stayed silent with a grumpy look on my face it at least it got them to bloody shut up.

Also had a dealing with some tosser on a bike in Newcastle.
Jimmi
14 Jul 2015, 3:08 pm #1726

School children on I service 5 need a flaming smack! Always hate the 1511/1541 departures from Bishop Auckland for this reason.

The ones sat behind me were waving bottles about smacking off each other and throwing water, some of which landed on me and as you can imagine I was not amused. Although because I didn't react to this and just stayed silent with a grumpy look on my face it at least it got them to bloody shut up.

Also had a dealing with some tosser on a bike in Newcastle.

14 Jul 2015, 5:50 pm
(12 Jul 2015, 8:08 pm)S813 FVK Has anybody ever had the experience where they have got a friend request on a social media platform that you don't know?

All the time on twitter. Every so often on Skype. 

The problem has existed for decades though. I remember getting similar requests on ICQ, and that was back in the late 90s!

Adrian
14 Jul 2015, 5:50 pm #1727

(12 Jul 2015, 8:08 pm)S813 FVK Has anybody ever had the experience where they have got a friend request on a social media platform that you don't know?

All the time on twitter. Every so often on Skype. 

The problem has existed for decades though. I remember getting similar requests on ICQ, and that was back in the late 90s!

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
14 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm
(14 Jul 2015, 5:50 pm)aureolin All the time on twitter. Every so often on Skype. 

ICQ...there's a blast from the past, I would anybody whose ICQ I could find...

Back then I mostly used MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and spent a lot of time in Yahoo Chat rooms...

I get the odd stranger friend requesting me on Facebook and Twitter, I sometimes friend request people who I may have a mutual friend with...I was once friends with Steph Houghton(England Womens Captain) through my mate who went to school with her and Neil Wainwright(Darlo player who my ex-girlfriend sponsored)

I used to friend request absolutely anybody, I have had 2 Friend Request Embargos placed on me by Facebook and was banned indedinately off Twitter for aggressive following(whatever the hell that meant) and for using 3rd party methods to get as many followers as possible.
MrFozz
14 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm #1728

(14 Jul 2015, 5:50 pm)aureolin All the time on twitter. Every so often on Skype. 

ICQ...there's a blast from the past, I would anybody whose ICQ I could find...

Back then I mostly used MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and spent a lot of time in Yahoo Chat rooms...

I get the odd stranger friend requesting me on Facebook and Twitter, I sometimes friend request people who I may have a mutual friend with...I was once friends with Steph Houghton(England Womens Captain) through my mate who went to school with her and Neil Wainwright(Darlo player who my ex-girlfriend sponsored)

I used to friend request absolutely anybody, I have had 2 Friend Request Embargos placed on me by Facebook and was banned indedinately off Twitter for aggressive following(whatever the hell that meant) and for using 3rd party methods to get as many followers as possible.

15 Jul 2015, 1:51 pm
Think someone I know spotted me in Durham with my camera
Jimmi
15 Jul 2015, 1:51 pm #1729

Think someone I know spotted me in Durham with my camera

15 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 1:51 pm)Jimmi Think someone I know spotted me in Durham with my camera

That's the one thought that puts me off getting a Flickr account and start taking photos of buses.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
15 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm #1730

(15 Jul 2015, 1:51 pm)Jimmi Think someone I know spotted me in Durham with my camera

That's the one thought that puts me off getting a Flickr account and start taking photos of buses.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

15 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm)South Tyne Lad That's the one thought that puts me off getting a Flickr account and start taking photos of buses.
It shouldn't really be a problem if you stay away from anywhere anyone you know may spot you. Durham is the main place I have this problem as I went to New College and I did two courses so that is two sets of groups that got to know me and then I often used to hang around with the likes of goths and emos plus anyone who liked playing Yu-Gi-Oh! (not interested in that myself but I have no problems with anyone who does) so that's more people who know me. The worst thing is it is almost never a good friend who spots me which is a shame as I think many of my friends would be understanding about it especially as many of my friends are into stuff that isn't totally normal either, unfortunately it is usually the people I sort of know me and would likely to post that I am a saddo bus spotter on Facebook.
Jimmi
15 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm #1731

(15 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm)South Tyne Lad That's the one thought that puts me off getting a Flickr account and start taking photos of buses.
It shouldn't really be a problem if you stay away from anywhere anyone you know may spot you. Durham is the main place I have this problem as I went to New College and I did two courses so that is two sets of groups that got to know me and then I often used to hang around with the likes of goths and emos plus anyone who liked playing Yu-Gi-Oh! (not interested in that myself but I have no problems with anyone who does) so that's more people who know me. The worst thing is it is almost never a good friend who spots me which is a shame as I think many of my friends would be understanding about it especially as many of my friends are into stuff that isn't totally normal either, unfortunately it is usually the people I sort of know me and would likely to post that I am a saddo bus spotter on Facebook.

15 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm)Jimmi It shouldn't really be a problem if you stay away from anywhere anyone you know may spot you. Durham is the main place I have this problem as I went to New College and I did two courses so that is two sets of groups that got to know me and then I often used to hang around with the likes of goths and emos plus anyone who liked playing Yu-Gi-Oh! (not interested in that myself but I have no problems with anyone who does) so that's more people who know me. The worst thing is it is almost never a good friend who spots me which is a shame as I think many of my friends would be understanding about it especially as many of my friends are into stuff that isn't totally normal either, unfortunately it is usually the people I sort of know me and would likely to post that I am a saddo bus spotter on Facebook.

When I first started taking photos, I found the hardest part was just getting my camera out and taking photos; anywhere for that matter. I find it a lot easier when I'm with somebody, I think it's just the general paranoia of somebody approaching me. Hence why I tend to go out with people on my days out. Tongue

Like I've said before, just about everybody at my school who knows me, knows about my hobby. I've never had any real grief about it, and I've found that is because I'm open about it; I think if it was brought into a conversation and I just winced when people mentioned it, they'd see fit for a little piss-take. Friends or not. If I'm going to be honest, teachers are the ones who take the mickey...

People know they can approach me with any questions, for example, one friend who uses the 34/34A to get home to Ouston started noticing a ''posh bus'' (5409!). She used to ask me if I saw it, to work out where it would be on the night so she could enjoy all of the facilities of that specific bus. Other times, if anybody wants to know where to get a bus from or how to get somewhere, they come and ask me.

Just a few nights ago, I was thinking to myself, ''is my hobby quite sad?''. So, I went on Facebook Messenger and asked one of my best friends; he just replied with ''does it bother you that I like cars?''. When I replied no, he said that that was his answer for my question. Another who I later asked, said that he liked me for who I was, not what I did. At the end of the day, what anybody does in their spare time or spends their money on, is entirely up to them.

Then again, I sometimes do wonder why I feel self-conscious about taking photos on my own. At the end of the day, I'm nearly six foot tall. Tongue
R852 PRG
15 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm #1732

(15 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm)Jimmi It shouldn't really be a problem if you stay away from anywhere anyone you know may spot you. Durham is the main place I have this problem as I went to New College and I did two courses so that is two sets of groups that got to know me and then I often used to hang around with the likes of goths and emos plus anyone who liked playing Yu-Gi-Oh! (not interested in that myself but I have no problems with anyone who does) so that's more people who know me. The worst thing is it is almost never a good friend who spots me which is a shame as I think many of my friends would be understanding about it especially as many of my friends are into stuff that isn't totally normal either, unfortunately it is usually the people I sort of know me and would likely to post that I am a saddo bus spotter on Facebook.

When I first started taking photos, I found the hardest part was just getting my camera out and taking photos; anywhere for that matter. I find it a lot easier when I'm with somebody, I think it's just the general paranoia of somebody approaching me. Hence why I tend to go out with people on my days out. Tongue

Like I've said before, just about everybody at my school who knows me, knows about my hobby. I've never had any real grief about it, and I've found that is because I'm open about it; I think if it was brought into a conversation and I just winced when people mentioned it, they'd see fit for a little piss-take. Friends or not. If I'm going to be honest, teachers are the ones who take the mickey...

People know they can approach me with any questions, for example, one friend who uses the 34/34A to get home to Ouston started noticing a ''posh bus'' (5409!). She used to ask me if I saw it, to work out where it would be on the night so she could enjoy all of the facilities of that specific bus. Other times, if anybody wants to know where to get a bus from or how to get somewhere, they come and ask me.

Just a few nights ago, I was thinking to myself, ''is my hobby quite sad?''. So, I went on Facebook Messenger and asked one of my best friends; he just replied with ''does it bother you that I like cars?''. When I replied no, he said that that was his answer for my question. Another who I later asked, said that he liked me for who I was, not what I did. At the end of the day, what anybody does in their spare time or spends their money on, is entirely up to them.

Then again, I sometimes do wonder why I feel self-conscious about taking photos on my own. At the end of the day, I'm nearly six foot tall. Tongue

15 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm)R852 PRG When I first started taking photos, I found the hardest part was just getting my camera out and taking photos; anywhere for that matter. I find it a lot easier when I'm with somebody, I think it's just the general paranoia of somebody approaching me. Hence why I tend to go out with people on my days out.

Then again, I sometimes do wonder why I feel self-conscious about taking photos on my own. At the end of the day, I'm nearly six foot tall.
Pretty much nobody I know is aware that I partake in this hobby but I think some of my friends possibly wouldn't be that surprised if they found out as I was occasionally prone to 'bus chat' one example being me and one of my friends talking about the terrible state of the buses used on Arriva's 7 and Go North East's 21 services at the time (this was before the services were upgraded) and have had a few bits of chat about things like this with people I know.

I have never really told anyone about the hobby for fear I am going to be ripped to shreds for it, especially as I already had enough things for people to take the mick out of me for.

I wouldn't telling my friends about it (preferably face to face) as I think if I actually told them when I am just chatting to them I think it wouldn't get much reaction apart from them maybe being a little surprised, I would rather do that than them spotting me doing a spot of spotting in say Durham.

It's more the people who kind of know me who would take the mick and post that I am a saddo on Facebook. At college one day some people on my course actually got on the topic of bus spotters and it was basically just referred to us as total saddos who need to get a life.

For me it's getting caught in the act by someone I know, couldn't care less what randoms think.
Jimmi
15 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm #1733

(15 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm)R852 PRG When I first started taking photos, I found the hardest part was just getting my camera out and taking photos; anywhere for that matter. I find it a lot easier when I'm with somebody, I think it's just the general paranoia of somebody approaching me. Hence why I tend to go out with people on my days out.

Then again, I sometimes do wonder why I feel self-conscious about taking photos on my own. At the end of the day, I'm nearly six foot tall.
Pretty much nobody I know is aware that I partake in this hobby but I think some of my friends possibly wouldn't be that surprised if they found out as I was occasionally prone to 'bus chat' one example being me and one of my friends talking about the terrible state of the buses used on Arriva's 7 and Go North East's 21 services at the time (this was before the services were upgraded) and have had a few bits of chat about things like this with people I know.

I have never really told anyone about the hobby for fear I am going to be ripped to shreds for it, especially as I already had enough things for people to take the mick out of me for.

I wouldn't telling my friends about it (preferably face to face) as I think if I actually told them when I am just chatting to them I think it wouldn't get much reaction apart from them maybe being a little surprised, I would rather do that than them spotting me doing a spot of spotting in say Durham.

It's more the people who kind of know me who would take the mick and post that I am a saddo on Facebook. At college one day some people on my course actually got on the topic of bus spotters and it was basically just referred to us as total saddos who need to get a life.

For me it's getting caught in the act by someone I know, couldn't care less what randoms think.

15 Jul 2015, 6:21 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm)Jimmi Pretty much nobody I know is aware that I partake in this hobby but I think some of my friends possibly wouldn't be that surprised if they found out as I was occasionally prone to 'bus chat' one example being me and one of my friends talking about the terrible state of the buses used on Arriva's 7 and Go North East's 21 services at the time (this was before the services were upgraded) and have had a few bits of chat about things like this with people I know.

Not a single person ( apart from my family ) know im into buses. I have other hobbys like football , games etc. so just talk about them or play them while im at school.
Its just the fear of being caught by one of my Friends from school of me taking pictures, Tough you wouldn't find any of my friends in Durham as I live 20 miles away in South Sheilds! My biggest fear would be Newcastle, as that's wear my friends go out to and if I get caught at Eldon Square taking photos...I might aswell never go to school again. There is actually a bus enthusiast in my school that's open about it and gets bullied everyday which makes the thought of me getting caught even worse.
I don't know if he's on NEB or not cause I've never asked him in case he tells everyone that I like buses aswell.

South Tyne Lad
15 Jul 2015, 6:21 pm #1734

(15 Jul 2015, 4:37 pm)Jimmi Pretty much nobody I know is aware that I partake in this hobby but I think some of my friends possibly wouldn't be that surprised if they found out as I was occasionally prone to 'bus chat' one example being me and one of my friends talking about the terrible state of the buses used on Arriva's 7 and Go North East's 21 services at the time (this was before the services were upgraded) and have had a few bits of chat about things like this with people I know.

Not a single person ( apart from my family ) know im into buses. I have other hobbys like football , games etc. so just talk about them or play them while im at school.
Its just the fear of being caught by one of my Friends from school of me taking pictures, Tough you wouldn't find any of my friends in Durham as I live 20 miles away in South Sheilds! My biggest fear would be Newcastle, as that's wear my friends go out to and if I get caught at Eldon Square taking photos...I might aswell never go to school again. There is actually a bus enthusiast in my school that's open about it and gets bullied everyday which makes the thought of me getting caught even worse.
I don't know if he's on NEB or not cause I've never asked him in case he tells everyone that I like buses aswell.

15 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm)R852 PRG When I first started taking photos, I found the hardest part was just getting my camera out and taking photos; anywhere for that matter. I find it a lot easier when I'm with somebody, I think it's just the general paranoia of somebody approaching me. Hence why I tend to go out with people on my days out. Tongue

I suppose I will have to go round with a few people of the forum to take photos. Smile If anyone wants me to join a outing I will not hesitate to join you.....
Though maybe not this weekend as I have 2 Birthdays over the Weekend!

South Tyne Lad
15 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm #1735

(15 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm)R852 PRG When I first started taking photos, I found the hardest part was just getting my camera out and taking photos; anywhere for that matter. I find it a lot easier when I'm with somebody, I think it's just the general paranoia of somebody approaching me. Hence why I tend to go out with people on my days out. Tongue

I suppose I will have to go round with a few people of the forum to take photos. Smile If anyone wants me to join a outing I will not hesitate to join you.....

15 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm)South Tyne Lad I suppose I will have to go round with a few people of the forum to take photos.  Smile  If anyone wants me to join a outing I will not hesitate to join you.....

Well Mr Green is the piped piper....got more of a following that Man Utd football club he has!!
citaro5284
15 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm #1736

(15 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm)South Tyne Lad I suppose I will have to go round with a few people of the forum to take photos.  Smile  If anyone wants me to join a outing I will not hesitate to join you.....

Well Mr Green is the piped piper....got more of a following that Man Utd football club he has!!

15 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm
I never had this problem when I was young. Guess I was just lucky.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
15 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm #1737

I never had this problem when I was young. Guess I was just lucky.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

15 Jul 2015, 6:46 pm
You could have been taking photos at anything Jimmi. I wouldn't worry about it. Smile

I never make a big thing of any of my hobbies. Even the ones that people may consider 'normal' (whatever that is!). Having said that, I've got quite a diverse group of friends, and I'm certainly not oblivious to the micky taking and such that's associated with the hobby. I'm starting to care less and less about that these days though, whereas I've always avoided photographing on my doorstep in the past.

(15 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm)citaro5284 Well Mr Green is the piped piper....got more of a following that Man Utd football club he has!!

At least Man Utd don't ask people to be quiet for 5 minutes, whilst they record the engine noise of a B10BLE!

(15 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm)GMitchelhill I never had this problem when I was young. Guess I was just lucky.
Have you never bumped into anybody at all that you know?

Adrian
15 Jul 2015, 6:46 pm #1738

You could have been taking photos at anything Jimmi. I wouldn't worry about it. Smile

I never make a big thing of any of my hobbies. Even the ones that people may consider 'normal' (whatever that is!). Having said that, I've got quite a diverse group of friends, and I'm certainly not oblivious to the micky taking and such that's associated with the hobby. I'm starting to care less and less about that these days though, whereas I've always avoided photographing on my doorstep in the past.

(15 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm)citaro5284 Well Mr Green is the piped piper....got more of a following that Man Utd football club he has!!

At least Man Utd don't ask people to be quiet for 5 minutes, whilst they record the engine noise of a B10BLE!

(15 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm)GMitchelhill I never had this problem when I was young. Guess I was just lucky.
Have you never bumped into anybody at all that you know?

15 Jul 2015, 6:47 pm
My laptop - after weeks of it playing up, it's now decided it doesn't want to load Window Explorer at all Sad
Kuyoyo
15 Jul 2015, 6:47 pm #1739

My laptop - after weeks of it playing up, it's now decided it doesn't want to load Window Explorer at all Sad

15 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm
(15 Jul 2015, 6:47 pm)Kuyoyo My laptop - after weeks of it playing up, it's now decided it doesn't want to load Window Explorer at all Sad

Google Chrome is the way forward!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm #1740

(15 Jul 2015, 6:47 pm)Kuyoyo My laptop - after weeks of it playing up, it's now decided it doesn't want to load Window Explorer at all Sad

Google Chrome is the way forward!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (150): Previous 186 87 88150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 3815
Views 1746092
14 May 2024, 1:23 pm
Last Post by Rob44
Replies 2686
Views 1584736
12 Mar 2015, 6:55 pm