Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 14 5 6150 Next
Adrian

15 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm #81
(15 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm)Tommy_1581 That's a bit discriminative, bit hard to look under 14 when you're 13 and don't live in Tyne and Wear.  Undecided

EDIT: I meant showing the card as proof of age.

It's not about age. It's a subsidised fare for children living in Tyne and Wear, because all Tyne and Wear households pay a levy to the ITA. For the same reason, the 'Gold Card' costs more for those not living in Tyne and Wear.

I doubt an ID card from another operator would be acceptable proof of age. As adults, we expect only Passports or Driving Licences to be accepted.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm #81

(15 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm)Tommy_1581 That's a bit discriminative, bit hard to look under 14 when you're 13 and don't live in Tyne and Wear.  Undecided

EDIT: I meant showing the card as proof of age.

It's not about age. It's a subsidised fare for children living in Tyne and Wear, because all Tyne and Wear households pay a levy to the ITA. For the same reason, the 'Gold Card' costs more for those not living in Tyne and Wear.

I doubt an ID card from another operator would be acceptable proof of age. As adults, we expect only Passports or Driving Licences to be accepted.

16 Mar 2015, 9:34 am #82
Facebook is just taking the piss now.

We removed the post below because it doesn't follow the Facebook Community Standards:

Thomas Simms
Applied for my Arriva Teen Card. Gets me bus fares for £1 Sean, Thomas, Anthony and Lee this means that I could be doing Newcastle almost every Saturday! Big Grin
omnicity4659
16 Mar 2015, 9:34 am #82

Facebook is just taking the piss now.

We removed the post below because it doesn't follow the Facebook Community Standards:

Thomas Simms
Applied for my Arriva Teen Card. Gets me bus fares for £1 Sean, Thomas, Anthony and Lee this means that I could be doing Newcastle almost every Saturday! Big Grin

Jimmi

16 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm #83
THE CARPHONE WARHOUSE IS ****

IS THIS MY LIFE NOW, TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE THIS PHONE IS THAT I'M ALREADY BEING CHARGED FOR IS AND BEING PUT ON HOLD AND LISTENING TO LOUD AWFUL HOLD MUSIC AND ANSWERING SECURITY QUESTIONS TO PROVE WHO I AM, I'VE CONTACTED THEM SO OFTEN THEY PROBABLY KNOW WHO I AM BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF NOW AND IT NOW APPEARS THAT THERE IS INFORMATION THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD TO ME AND THEY HAVN'T. ALSO THE FACT I CAN'T PHONE A SHOP THAT SELLS PHONES IS QUITE FRANKLY ALARMING.

I felt it necessary to place that in block capitals to show how angry I am with them right now and chances are I'm going to be getting even more angry with them.

Seriously DON'T EVER get a phone from them.
Edited 16 Mar 2015, 1:14 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
16 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm #83

THE CARPHONE WARHOUSE IS ****

IS THIS MY LIFE NOW, TRYING TO FIND OUT WHERE THIS PHONE IS THAT I'M ALREADY BEING CHARGED FOR IS AND BEING PUT ON HOLD AND LISTENING TO LOUD AWFUL HOLD MUSIC AND ANSWERING SECURITY QUESTIONS TO PROVE WHO I AM, I'VE CONTACTED THEM SO OFTEN THEY PROBABLY KNOW WHO I AM BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF NOW AND IT NOW APPEARS THAT THERE IS INFORMATION THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD TO ME AND THEY HAVN'T. ALSO THE FACT I CAN'T PHONE A SHOP THAT SELLS PHONES IS QUITE FRANKLY ALARMING.

I felt it necessary to place that in block capitals to show how angry I am with them right now and chances are I'm going to be getting even more angry with them.

16 Mar 2015, 2:13 pm #84
(16 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm)Jimmi THE CARPHONE WARHOUSE IS ****

Jimmi, just end the contract with them, no matter how much it costs to end the contract.

It's unacceptable for a phone to be held for that long. Honestly, just end the contract and buy a new phone.
omnicity4659
16 Mar 2015, 2:13 pm #84

(16 Mar 2015, 1:06 pm)Jimmi THE CARPHONE WARHOUSE IS ****

Jimmi, just end the contract with them, no matter how much it costs to end the contract.

It's unacceptable for a phone to be held for that long. Honestly, just end the contract and buy a new phone.

Jimmi

16 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm #85
Well I now finally have my phone, the staff in this branch are incompetent baffons had to speak to head office (again) to try and find out where my phone was, it was there today but we received no phone call from them so we went to the shop and the staff couldn't find it so told him to go look again and it had dropped behind something and then we asked to see the manager to complain about the hell they have put me through and it appears the reason we weren't given a phone call was because there was no number in the system despite us giving them one. So now I'm wondering when the phone ACTUALLY arrived considering it had been dropped behind somewhere and the box looks to be dented too.
Jimmi
16 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm #85

Well I now finally have my phone, the staff in this branch are incompetent baffons had to speak to head office (again) to try and find out where my phone was, it was there today but we received no phone call from them so we went to the shop and the staff couldn't find it so told him to go look again and it had dropped behind something and then we asked to see the manager to complain about the hell they have put me through and it appears the reason we weren't given a phone call was because there was no number in the system despite us giving them one. So now I'm wondering when the phone ACTUALLY arrived considering it had been dropped behind somewhere and the box looks to be dented too.

MurdnunoC

16 Mar 2015, 4:32 pm #86
(16 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm)Jimmi Well I now finally have my phone, the staff in this branch are incompetent baffons had to speak to head office (again) to try and find out where my phone was, it was there today but we received no phone call from them so we went to the shop and the staff couldn't find it so told him to go look again and it had dropped behind something and then we asked to see the manager to complain about the hell they have put me through and it appears the reason we weren't given a phone call was because there was no number in the system despite us giving them one. So now I'm wondering when the phone ACTUALLY arrived considering it had been dropped behind somewhere and the box looks to be dented too.

I agree with Tommy. 

If you're not happy with the service you've received simply cancel. It's their loss not yours.

There should be a 'cooling-off' period stated within your contract - usually it's 14 days. It's unlikely the period has expired in your case so you might be able to cancel without incurring any penalties. 

Here's a link to the Citizens Advice website if wish to explore that option further:
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/c...ntract.htm
MurdnunoC
16 Mar 2015, 4:32 pm #86

(16 Mar 2015, 4:02 pm)Jimmi Well I now finally have my phone, the staff in this branch are incompetent baffons had to speak to head office (again) to try and find out where my phone was, it was there today but we received no phone call from them so we went to the shop and the staff couldn't find it so told him to go look again and it had dropped behind something and then we asked to see the manager to complain about the hell they have put me through and it appears the reason we weren't given a phone call was because there was no number in the system despite us giving them one. So now I'm wondering when the phone ACTUALLY arrived considering it had been dropped behind somewhere and the box looks to be dented too.

I agree with Tommy. 

If you're not happy with the service you've received simply cancel. It's their loss not yours.

There should be a 'cooling-off' period stated within your contract - usually it's 14 days. It's unlikely the period has expired in your case so you might be able to cancel without incurring any penalties. 

Here's a link to the Citizens Advice website if wish to explore that option further:
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/scotland/c...ntract.htm

Jimmi

16 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm #87
I have got the phone now and just want to get on with my life now, although when this contract ends I'm going somewhere else next time.

Speaking of which it is a Sony Xperia and I am currently having problems downloading apps, it gets to a certain percentage then gives up and just sits on that percentage - anyone have any ideas?
Jimmi
16 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm #87

I have got the phone now and just want to get on with my life now, although when this contract ends I'm going somewhere else next time.

Speaking of which it is a Sony Xperia and I am currently having problems downloading apps, it gets to a certain percentage then gives up and just sits on that percentage - anyone have any ideas?

Adrian

16 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm #88
(16 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm)Jimmi I have got the phone now and just want to get on with my life now, although when this contract ends I'm going somewhere else next time.

Which Xperia have you got? Have you ensured your software on the phone is up to date? It can be done by plugging into your computer via USB, and using the PC companion software?

Adrian
16 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm #88

(16 Mar 2015, 4:58 pm)Jimmi I have got the phone now and just want to get on with my life now, although when this contract ends I'm going somewhere else next time.

Which Xperia have you got? Have you ensured your software on the phone is up to date? It can be done by plugging into your computer via USB, and using the PC companion software?

16 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm #90
Sony Ericcson phones are crap.

Constantly used to get notifications advertising 'battery life extension' and 'McAfee protctiom'.
omnicity4659
16 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm #90

Sony Ericcson phones are crap.

Constantly used to get notifications advertising 'battery life extension' and 'McAfee protctiom'.

Adrian

16 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm #91
(16 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm)Jimmi Xperia Z1 Compact.

What version of Android and the software are you running? Settings > About Phone.

Android should be 4.4.4 or later.
Build should be 14.4.A.0.157.

(16 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm)Tommy_1581 Sony Ericcson phones are crap.

You're basing an opinion on an entire range of phones being crap, based on two third party apps? This is my 3rd Sony phone over the years, and I've never had any issues.

Adrian
16 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm #91

(16 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm)Jimmi Xperia Z1 Compact.

What version of Android and the software are you running? Settings > About Phone.

(16 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm)Tommy_1581 Sony Ericcson phones are crap.

You're basing an opinion on an entire range of phones being crap, based on two third party apps? This is my 3rd Sony phone over the years, and I've never had any issues.

Jimmi

16 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm #92
@aureolin

What you have posted, no idea what is wrong as if I slide down the notifications it says 100 per cent but go back to the downloading page it has a different percentage and it stops on that number so it doesn't download.
Jimmi
16 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm #92

@aureolin

What you have posted, no idea what is wrong as if I slide down the notifications it says 100 per cent but go back to the downloading page it has a different percentage and it stops on that number so it doesn't download.

Adrian

16 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm #93
(16 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm)Jimmi @aureolin

Take a screenshot if you can? Volume down + power button at the same time.

Adrian
16 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm #93

(16 Mar 2015, 6:09 pm)Jimmi @aureolin

Take a screenshot if you can? Volume down + power button at the same time.

Jimmi

16 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm #94
(16 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm)aureolin Take a screenshot if you can? Volume down + power button at the same time.

.png
Screenshot_2015-03-16-18-17-56.png
Size 156.39 KB / Downloads 13

79 percent is all I can get for Tapatalk and 80 odd percent for Flickr
Edited 16 Mar 2015, 6:24 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
16 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm #94

(16 Mar 2015, 6:11 pm)aureolin Take a screenshot if you can? Volume down + power button at the same time.

.png
Screenshot_2015-03-16-18-17-56.png
Size 156.39 KB / Downloads 13

79 percent is all I can get for Tapatalk and 80 odd percent for Flickr

16 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm #95
(16 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm)aureolin What version of Android and the software are you running? Settings > About Phone.

Sony Ericcson XPERIA Ray

Utter useless and the phone burns your hand off lol
omnicity4659
16 Mar 2015, 6:25 pm #95

(16 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm)aureolin What version of Android and the software are you running? Settings > About Phone.

Sony Ericcson XPERIA Ray

Utter useless and the phone burns your hand off lol

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Mar 2015, 6:26 pm #96
(16 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm)Jimmi 79 percent is all I can get for Tapatalk and 80 odd percent for Flickr

I've had this issue with the Play Store before. Have you tried restarting your phone?
Dan
16 Mar 2015, 6:26 pm #96

(16 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm)Jimmi 79 percent is all I can get for Tapatalk and 80 odd percent for Flickr

I've had this issue with the Play Store before. Have you tried restarting your phone?

Jimmi

16 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm #97
(16 Mar 2015, 6:26 pm)Dan I've had this issue with the Play Store before. Have you tried restarting your phone?

No, will do now
Edited 16 Mar 2015, 6:29 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
16 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm #97

(16 Mar 2015, 6:26 pm)Dan I've had this issue with the Play Store before. Have you tried restarting your phone?

No, will do now

Adrian

16 Mar 2015, 6:39 pm #98
(16 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm)Jimmi No, will do now

If that doesn't work, try Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > clear cache.

Adrian
16 Mar 2015, 6:39 pm #98

(16 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm)Jimmi No, will do now

If that doesn't work, try Settings > Apps > Google Play Store > clear cache.

Jimmi

16 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm #99
Things appear to be fine now.
Jimmi
16 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm #99

Things appear to be fine now.

16 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm #100
Some enthusiast (no names mentioned) is starting to piss me off. I'm going to murder said person the next time I see [insert gender here (her/him)].

Bloody annoying  Angry
Edited 16 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
16 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm #100

Some enthusiast (no names mentioned) is starting to piss me off. I'm going to murder said person the next time I see [insert gender here (her/him)].

Bloody annoying  Angry

Pages (150) Previous 14 5 6150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average