Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Buses in York

Buses in York

Buses in York

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

06 Apr 2015, 6:33 pm #1
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me on this as I'm planning on going to York in the next holidays and was wondering which operators operate services down there.

Many thanks,
Tommy
omnicity4659
06 Apr 2015, 6:33 pm #1

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could help me on this as I'm planning on going to York in the next holidays and was wondering which operators operate services down there.

Many thanks,
Tommy

DanPicken

Banned

06 Apr 2015, 6:39 pm #2
First.
DanPicken
06 Apr 2015, 6:39 pm #2

First.

Adrian

06 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm #3
Transdev, Arriva, First, and a few EYMS I think!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm #3

Transdev, Arriva, First, and a few EYMS I think!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

06 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm #4
First are the largest down there, they have mostly cross-city routes utilising articulated Citaros plus mostly Eclipse Solar and Geminis.
Transdev have several routes too, mostly operated by Optare Solos (I think?) but they also run the Coastliner from Scarborough to Leeds.

Arriva have a couple of routes, one of which being the 26 utilising Solo SRs.
EYMS run the X46 to Market Weighton where I imagine there's connections to Hull, this I think mostly uses Gemini 2s.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
06 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm #4

First are the largest down there, they have mostly cross-city routes utilising articulated Citaros plus mostly Eclipse Solar and Geminis.
Transdev have several routes too, mostly operated by Optare Solos (I think?) but they also run the Coastliner from Scarborough to Leeds.

Arriva have a couple of routes, one of which being the 26 utilising Solo SRs.
EYMS run the X46 to Market Weighton where I imagine there's connections to Hull, this I think mostly uses Gemini 2s.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Andreos1

06 Apr 2015, 7:17 pm #5
Don't forget Stephensons of Easingwold!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Apr 2015, 7:17 pm #5

Don't forget Stephensons of Easingwold!

06 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm #6
First seem to be a bit like the Stagecoach in Newcastle down in York, they seem to do quite a bit of cross-city routes as stated by Sean. Transdev are also prevalent there, doing the long-distance routes to Scarborough, Leeds, and I think one to Whitby as well? Arriva don't seem to have as much of a presence down there, but I do see a few photos on Flickr that show they have a bit of ground in the city.

As also said, East Yorkshire Motor Services do long distance services too, I think there are a few over to East Yorkshire (duh!) to places such as Hull, Beverley(?) and maybe Scarborough as well? Again, as was said in a few posts above, they seem to use mainly Gemini 2s (although I have seen photos on Flickr of Gemini 1s - unsure if they are still in the city centre or have moved on to other work).
R852 PRG
06 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm #6

First seem to be a bit like the Stagecoach in Newcastle down in York, they seem to do quite a bit of cross-city routes as stated by Sean. Transdev are also prevalent there, doing the long-distance routes to Scarborough, Leeds, and I think one to Whitby as well? Arriva don't seem to have as much of a presence down there, but I do see a few photos on Flickr that show they have a bit of ground in the city.

As also said, East Yorkshire Motor Services do long distance services too, I think there are a few over to East Yorkshire (duh!) to places such as Hull, Beverley(?) and maybe Scarborough as well? Again, as was said in a few posts above, they seem to use mainly Gemini 2s (although I have seen photos on Flickr of Gemini 1s - unsure if they are still in the city centre or have moved on to other work).

tyresmoke

06 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm #7
First are the main operator in the city, mainly with a mix of Volvo B7RLE and B7/9TL deckers.... They also operate the Park & Ride operation with branded silver vehicles. Transdev York operate a lot of tendered work on behalf of the university etc (main one being Unibus 44), obviously they have the commercial Coastliner operation run from Malton depot too.

Arriva operate the routes out towards the South East, mainly towards Selby, with the flagship Max 415 running every 15 minutes. They also operate 3 Solos on City of York tendered work. East Yorkshire operate a variety of routes to Hull, Beverley and Market Weighton etc using both single and double decks.

Other less frequent services are operated out to the North and East by Reliance and Stephensons, mainly hourly operations, with other tendered operations by Utopia towards South Milford and Sherburn etc. NX call in a few times a day on 425, 534 etc and Megabus operate a Plus service into York twice a day I think it is.

I've probably forgotten a few, and there is obviously other operators on school services and Racecourse shuttles on race days etc

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
06 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm #7

First are the main operator in the city, mainly with a mix of Volvo B7RLE and B7/9TL deckers.... They also operate the Park & Ride operation with branded silver vehicles. Transdev York operate a lot of tendered work on behalf of the university etc (main one being Unibus 44), obviously they have the commercial Coastliner operation run from Malton depot too.

Arriva operate the routes out towards the South East, mainly towards Selby, with the flagship Max 415 running every 15 minutes. They also operate 3 Solos on City of York tendered work. East Yorkshire operate a variety of routes to Hull, Beverley and Market Weighton etc using both single and double decks.

Other less frequent services are operated out to the North and East by Reliance and Stephensons, mainly hourly operations, with other tendered operations by Utopia towards South Milford and Sherburn etc. NX call in a few times a day on 425, 534 etc and Megabus operate a Plus service into York twice a day I think it is.

I've probably forgotten a few, and there is obviously other operators on school services and Racecourse shuttles on race days etc

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andreos1

06 Apr 2015, 8:48 pm #8
(06 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm)tyresmoke First are the main operator in the city, mainly with a mix of Volvo B7RLE and B7/9TL deckers.... They also operate the Park & Ride operation with branded silver vehicles. Transdev York operate a lot of tendered work on behalf of the university etc (main one being Unibus 44), obviously they have the commercial Coastliner operation run from Malton depot too.

I forgot about Reliance.
Forgot about Connexions too. They seem to be upping their game a bit.

Andreos1
06 Apr 2015, 8:48 pm #8

(06 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm)tyresmoke First are the main operator in the city, mainly with a mix of Volvo B7RLE and B7/9TL deckers.... They also operate the Park & Ride operation with branded silver vehicles. Transdev York operate a lot of tendered work on behalf of the university etc (main one being Unibus 44), obviously they have the commercial Coastliner operation run from Malton depot too.

I forgot about Reliance.
Forgot about Connexions too. They seem to be upping their game a bit.

06 Apr 2015, 10:36 pm #9
Transdev also operate the 142/143 services to Boroughbridge. These were formerly run by Eddie Brown before the firm collapsed, and were taken over temporarily by Connexions until Transdev started operating them from January.
theblackwatch
06 Apr 2015, 10:36 pm #9

Transdev also operate the 142/143 services to Boroughbridge. These were formerly run by Eddie Brown before the firm collapsed, and were taken over temporarily by Connexions until Transdev started operating them from January.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average