Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Alexander Dennis

Alexander Dennis

Alexander Dennis

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Storx

13 Sep 2020, 10:10 pm #21
This is probably the best place for this but it's been bugging me tonight and I can't find anything on it. Am I right in saying that the Enviro 200 MMC is effectively a 'posh' Dart (Dart 4) with a nicer frontend and some small updates over time but mostly the same bus that's been around since 1996? I think. They certainly sound the same (I know that's an engine thing obv) and have the same exact annoying rattles. Just interested since the Darts we're pretty much hated by the end by most people but just little things such as the layout and even the windows are near identical. It's really obvious on Arriva Durham's Enviro 200's.
Storx
13 Sep 2020, 10:10 pm #21

This is probably the best place for this but it's been bugging me tonight and I can't find anything on it. Am I right in saying that the Enviro 200 MMC is effectively a 'posh' Dart (Dart 4) with a nicer frontend and some small updates over time but mostly the same bus that's been around since 1996? I think. They certainly sound the same (I know that's an engine thing obv) and have the same exact annoying rattles. Just interested since the Darts we're pretty much hated by the end by most people but just little things such as the layout and even the windows are near identical. It's really obvious on Arriva Durham's Enviro 200's.

Andreos1

13 Sep 2020, 10:55 pm #22
(13 Sep 2020, 10:10 pm)Storx This is probably the best place for this but it's been bugging me tonight and I can't find anything on it. Am I right in saying that the Enviro 200 MMC is effectively a 'posh' Dart (Dart 4) with a nicer frontend and some small updates over time but mostly the same bus that's been around since 1996? I think. They certainly sound the same (I know that's an engine thing obv) and have the same exact annoying rattles. Just interested since the Darts we're pretty much hated by the end by most people but just little things such as the layout and even the windows are near identical. It's really obvious on Arriva Durham's Enviro 200's.

If I remember right, the early E200's used 'Dart' in their name.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Sep 2020, 10:55 pm #22

(13 Sep 2020, 10:10 pm)Storx This is probably the best place for this but it's been bugging me tonight and I can't find anything on it. Am I right in saying that the Enviro 200 MMC is effectively a 'posh' Dart (Dart 4) with a nicer frontend and some small updates over time but mostly the same bus that's been around since 1996? I think. They certainly sound the same (I know that's an engine thing obv) and have the same exact annoying rattles. Just interested since the Darts we're pretty much hated by the end by most people but just little things such as the layout and even the windows are near identical. It's really obvious on Arriva Durham's Enviro 200's.

If I remember right, the early E200's used 'Dart' in their name.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Storx

13 Sep 2020, 11:06 pm #23
(13 Sep 2020, 10:55 pm)Andreos1 If I remember right, the early E200's used 'Dart' in their name.

Yeah they did, but I know there was a generation after that. Curious whether it's still dart based or it's a whole new chassis / now based on the Enviro 300 - can't find anything about it either way tbh.
Storx
13 Sep 2020, 11:06 pm #23

(13 Sep 2020, 10:55 pm)Andreos1 If I remember right, the early E200's used 'Dart' in their name.

Yeah they did, but I know there was a generation after that. Curious whether it's still dart based or it's a whole new chassis / now based on the Enviro 300 - can't find anything about it either way tbh.

James101

14 Sep 2020, 7:21 am #24

I’d say it’s similar to how the Vauxhall Insignia is the successor to the Vectra, which is successor to the Cavalier. There’s a familiar line there, but they’re distinct vehicles.

The main difference with the Dart is prior to the merge of Alexander & Dennis, the Dart was just a chassis with at least a dozen bodies on the market to choose from. I’d say today’s Enviro range has styling features from what was previously Alexander and Plaxton darts.
James101
14 Sep 2020, 7:21 am #24

I’d say it’s similar to how the Vauxhall Insignia is the successor to the Vectra, which is successor to the Cavalier. There’s a familiar line there, but they’re distinct vehicles.

The main difference with the Dart is prior to the merge of Alexander & Dennis, the Dart was just a chassis with at least a dozen bodies on the market to choose from. I’d say today’s Enviro range has styling features from what was previously Alexander and Plaxton darts.

Storx

14 Sep 2020, 8:49 am #25
(14 Sep 2020, 7:21 am)James101 I’d say it’s similar to how the Vauxhall Insignia is the successor to the Vectra, which is successor to the Cavalier. There’s a familiar line there, but they’re distinct vehicles.

It was more about under the body I was looking for ie. the chassis etc. I still believe they are some form of Dart underneath, I know as Andreos said that they used to be the Enviro 200 Dart when they first came out and I don't think anythings changed bar cosmetic stuff mainly. Was just curious if that was the case or there has been a total new chassis etc built at some time or whether it's pretty much the same bus underneath from 1996. Thanks anyway though.
Storx
14 Sep 2020, 8:49 am #25

(14 Sep 2020, 7:21 am)James101 I’d say it’s similar to how the Vauxhall Insignia is the successor to the Vectra, which is successor to the Cavalier. There’s a familiar line there, but they’re distinct vehicles.

It was more about under the body I was looking for ie. the chassis etc. I still believe they are some form of Dart underneath, I know as Andreos said that they used to be the Enviro 200 Dart when they first came out and I don't think anythings changed bar cosmetic stuff mainly. Was just curious if that was the case or there has been a total new chassis etc built at some time or whether it's pretty much the same bus underneath from 1996. Thanks anyway though.

Michael

18 Nov 2020, 9:34 pm #26
Alexander Dennis Limited (“ADL”), a subsidiary of NFI Group Inc. (“NFI”), one of the world’s largest independent global bus manufacturers, today welcomed the UK Government’s Ten Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution and the commitment to invest £120 million to begin the introduction of at least 4,000 more British built zero emission buses. ADL eagerly awaits the publication of the National Bus Strategy and further detail of the two all-electric bus towns and the first fully zero-emission city centre.

https://www.alexander-dennis.com/media/n...direction/

----

3500 buses for London and 500 for rest of the UK no doubt....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Nov 2020, 9:34 pm #26

Alexander Dennis Limited (“ADL”), a subsidiary of NFI Group Inc. (“NFI”), one of the world’s largest independent global bus manufacturers, today welcomed the UK Government’s Ten Point Plan for a Green Industrial Revolution and the commitment to invest £120 million to begin the introduction of at least 4,000 more British built zero emission buses. ADL eagerly awaits the publication of the National Bus Strategy and further detail of the two all-electric bus towns and the first fully zero-emission city centre.

https://www.alexander-dennis.com/media/n...direction/

----

3500 buses for London and 500 for rest of the UK no doubt....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average