Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Dreams and Nightmares

Dreams and Nightmares

Dreams and Nightmares

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Jimmi

15 Jul 2016, 6:23 am #21
Last night I dreamt that I was in school (not the one I attended and not with any of my teacher's and classmates) and I'm guessing in this dream it must have been the end of the school year as we weren't doing any work, instead we were doing some fun challenges but I kept either not getting picked or just being left out of all of them which in the end provoked a negative reaction which was basically me just saying "balls to ya" and then stormed off, this dream occurred three times last night.

Not sure if there was anything to this dream or not last night.
Jimmi
15 Jul 2016, 6:23 am #21

Last night I dreamt that I was in school (not the one I attended and not with any of my teacher's and classmates) and I'm guessing in this dream it must have been the end of the school year as we weren't doing any work, instead we were doing some fun challenges but I kept either not getting picked or just being left out of all of them which in the end provoked a negative reaction which was basically me just saying "balls to ya" and then stormed off, this dream occurred three times last night.

BusLoverMum

15 Jul 2016, 7:02 pm #22
(15 Jul 2016, 6:23 am)Jimmi Last night I dreamt that I was in school (not the one I attended and not with any of my teacher's and classmates) and I'm guessing in this dream it must have been the end of the school year as we weren't doing any work, instead we were doing some fun challenges but I kept either not getting picked or just being left out of all of them which in the end provoked a negative reaction which was basically me just saying "balls to ya" and then stormed off, this dream occurred three times last night.

I keep finding myself having to sit GCSEs. I must spend half of those nights protesting that I don't have to turn up for Chemistry lessons because I've got a bloody degree in it!
BusLoverMum
15 Jul 2016, 7:02 pm #22

(15 Jul 2016, 6:23 am)Jimmi Last night I dreamt that I was in school (not the one I attended and not with any of my teacher's and classmates) and I'm guessing in this dream it must have been the end of the school year as we weren't doing any work, instead we were doing some fun challenges but I kept either not getting picked or just being left out of all of them which in the end provoked a negative reaction which was basically me just saying "balls to ya" and then stormed off, this dream occurred three times last night.

I keep finding myself having to sit GCSEs. I must spend half of those nights protesting that I don't have to turn up for Chemistry lessons because I've got a bloody degree in it!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Jul 2016, 2:32 pm #23
I have recently been dreaming about my sister.

My life has changed so much for the better since she passed away and I constantly think about her and what she woukd make of what I am doing with my life.

I never talk to her in my dreams, she is just there, I think it is down to me wanting her back that I am dreaming about her.

My girl had a weird recurring dream a while back, that I had died and she could not let go of my coffin in total despair.

She had a weird dream the other night, I got a text asking if we had split up through that night as this dream felt very real and the fact she took her engagement off in her sleep. Weird

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MrFozz
21 Jul 2016, 2:32 pm #23

I have recently been dreaming about my sister.

My life has changed so much for the better since she passed away and I constantly think about her and what she woukd make of what I am doing with my life.

I never talk to her in my dreams, she is just there, I think it is down to me wanting her back that I am dreaming about her.

My girl had a weird recurring dream a while back, that I had died and she could not let go of my coffin in total despair.

She had a weird dream the other night, I got a text asking if we had split up through that night as this dream felt very real and the fact she took her engagement off in her sleep. Weird

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm #24
Has anyone ever suffered with sleep paralysis before? I have plenty of times, I think it is like a waking dream, your awake, but you cannot move, but your fully alert.

In my case when I am aware of it, it feels like I try to pull myself out of bed, but I cant, it is like I am that drunk and high that I cant move.

With me what does not help is the fact I have dependency issues with Sleeping Pills and, more than once, have took enough to render me useless.

It has been likened to locked in syndrome, scary as hell.

I wonder if it can be linked to stress and worry as well, as it has happened a few times when I have stayed at my girlfriends.

Anyone else had it before?

MrFozz
21 Jul 2016, 2:39 pm #24

Has anyone ever suffered with sleep paralysis before? I have plenty of times, I think it is like a waking dream, your awake, but you cannot move, but your fully alert.

In my case when I am aware of it, it feels like I try to pull myself out of bed, but I cant, it is like I am that drunk and high that I cant move.

With me what does not help is the fact I have dependency issues with Sleeping Pills and, more than once, have took enough to render me useless.

It has been likened to locked in syndrome, scary as hell.

I wonder if it can be linked to stress and worry as well, as it has happened a few times when I have stayed at my girlfriends.

Anyone else had it before?

Andreos1

27 Jul 2016, 8:07 am #25
Just had a dream about this forum and a task we were given.

I won't name names, but several members of the forum were involved and were directed by a forum member to write reviews, comparing the new Washington services that had been introduced.
The member who was 'in charge' and directing the task, had split the several members up and allocated a service that was used regularly by the reviewer or was one that had been discussed regularly in the past. I was allocated the 157, which was a replacement for the 82 and had some variations to the route.

The member who was directing, had a voice that was for some reason very like what a Shakespearian actor may sound like. Not one that used olde worlde language, but the one that maybe had plums in the mouth.

Anyway, I thought the attitude shown and the plummy, Shakespearian actor voice, was ripe for winding up - so set on it with vigour.

When I was singled out by the person directing the task and questioned why I hadn't been to bus rallies recently (including Showbus for some reason) and my knowledge was questioned; the kids party that was being held in the same premises as the 'NEB Washington Bus Review Briefing' and was being attended by the two youngest Constantopolos's, was reaching a noisy crescendo and gave me the ideal, cheeky response.

Unfortunately the dream ended, so I was unable to sample the new service or share my review (the review I was offering to share of my trips on it since the changes - including the one to the 'NEB Washington Bus Review Briefing', "wasn't allowed to be mentioned at all, as they had happened prior to the task being issued").
Edited 27 Jul 2016, 8:09 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
27 Jul 2016, 8:07 am #25

Just had a dream about this forum and a task we were given.

I won't name names, but several members of the forum were involved and were directed by a forum member to write reviews, comparing the new Washington services that had been introduced.
The member who was 'in charge' and directing the task, had split the several members up and allocated a service that was used regularly by the reviewer or was one that had been discussed regularly in the past. I was allocated the 157, which was a replacement for the 82 and had some variations to the route.

The member who was directing, had a voice that was for some reason very like what a Shakespearian actor may sound like. Not one that used olde worlde language, but the one that maybe had plums in the mouth.

Anyway, I thought the attitude shown and the plummy, Shakespearian actor voice, was ripe for winding up - so set on it with vigour.

When I was singled out by the person directing the task and questioned why I hadn't been to bus rallies recently (including Showbus for some reason) and my knowledge was questioned; the kids party that was being held in the same premises as the 'NEB Washington Bus Review Briefing' and was being attended by the two youngest Constantopolos's, was reaching a noisy crescendo and gave me the ideal, cheeky response.

Unfortunately the dream ended, so I was unable to sample the new service or share my review (the review I was offering to share of my trips on it since the changes - including the one to the 'NEB Washington Bus Review Briefing', "wasn't allowed to be mentioned at all, as they had happened prior to the task being issued").

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Aug 2016, 12:10 pm #26
Had a real nasty dream last night...

I am on 24 hour Nicotine Patches to try pack in smoking, one side effect is nightmares, the one I had last night was vivid and felt very real enough that I very nearly phoned my mam to confirm it.

In the dream, my dad was killed at work by a client (he works with Adult Learning Disabilities) and a violent client had turned on him, smacked him, put him down and killed him, just as I woke up, I was being accused of pushing it to far, starting a witch hunt and to chill out because the killer had 'Learning Disabilities and Serious Mental Health Problems'...

It was fooking scary and very distressing when I first woke up

MrFozz
23 Aug 2016, 12:10 pm #26

Had a real nasty dream last night...

I am on 24 hour Nicotine Patches to try pack in smoking, one side effect is nightmares, the one I had last night was vivid and felt very real enough that I very nearly phoned my mam to confirm it.

In the dream, my dad was killed at work by a client (he works with Adult Learning Disabilities) and a violent client had turned on him, smacked him, put him down and killed him, just as I woke up, I was being accused of pushing it to far, starting a witch hunt and to chill out because the killer had 'Learning Disabilities and Serious Mental Health Problems'...

It was fooking scary and very distressing when I first woke up

Andreos1

05 Jan 2017, 8:17 am #27
It seems Derby (in my dreams anyway), ignores all protocol.
After being in Birmingham with a mate, we got the train to Derby for some reason. The ultimate aim was to head home from there using a train or the '76'.
We got to Derby bus station and waited for the 76, which was allocated a Dart or Solo for the trip home.
Needless to say, I wasn't keen and my eyes lit up when I saw a Metrobus blinded up for 'Teesside James Cook Hospital'.
The driver, was a friendly enough chap and chatted with us (no other passengers were making the trip from Derby to JCH) and we clarified the route, thinking we could get off near a station and continue the rest of the journey by train. Unfortunately, the '79' seemed to go via every rural backwater in the land and nowhere near a train station (or near a connecting bus service).
Fearing we wouldn't get home until late, my mate decided it would take far too long and the upper-front seats of the bus wasn't an attractive option.
So we headed back for the original Dart. And missed it... Arriving at the stand as it pulled away.

The only other option now was a taxi ride, so we joined the queue.
A big queue and a shortage of taxi's meant that taxi's were often overloaded. One driver in particular wasn't too keen on someone sitting on the inside of the door frame in the back of the taxi. He didn't mind passengers sitting two abreast on the passenger seat nor sitting on the boot of the car, perched on his boy racer spoiler.

The dream ended as we joined the taxi queue, so I have no idea how we got home.

Andreos1
05 Jan 2017, 8:17 am #27

It seems Derby (in my dreams anyway), ignores all protocol.
After being in Birmingham with a mate, we got the train to Derby for some reason. The ultimate aim was to head home from there using a train or the '76'.
We got to Derby bus station and waited for the 76, which was allocated a Dart or Solo for the trip home.
Needless to say, I wasn't keen and my eyes lit up when I saw a Metrobus blinded up for 'Teesside James Cook Hospital'.
The driver, was a friendly enough chap and chatted with us (no other passengers were making the trip from Derby to JCH) and we clarified the route, thinking we could get off near a station and continue the rest of the journey by train. Unfortunately, the '79' seemed to go via every rural backwater in the land and nowhere near a train station (or near a connecting bus service).
Fearing we wouldn't get home until late, my mate decided it would take far too long and the upper-front seats of the bus wasn't an attractive option.
So we headed back for the original Dart. And missed it... Arriving at the stand as it pulled away.

The only other option now was a taxi ride, so we joined the queue.
A big queue and a shortage of taxi's meant that taxi's were often overloaded. One driver in particular wasn't too keen on someone sitting on the inside of the door frame in the back of the taxi. He didn't mind passengers sitting two abreast on the passenger seat nor sitting on the boot of the car, perched on his boy racer spoiler.

The dream ended as we joined the taxi queue, so I have no idea how we got home.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average