Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat New members - Introduce yourself

New members - Introduce yourself

New members - Introduce yourself

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
07 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm #41
(07 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm)NK53 TKT Yeah, once in a DRS rake, I'm just not a fan really, much prefer a Mark 3 to a mark 4 though. The voyagers with crosscountry are in a bad internal condition

Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

Crosscounrtys Voyagers haven't had a refurbishment since new, Apart from the First Class area.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
07 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm #41

(07 Jun 2016, 3:30 pm)NK53 TKT Yeah, once in a DRS rake, I'm just not a fan really, much prefer a Mark 3 to a mark 4 though. The voyagers with crosscountry are in a bad internal condition

Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

Crosscounrtys Voyagers haven't had a refurbishment since new, Apart from the First Class area.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

07 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm #42
(07 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm)South Tyne Lad Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

I do find the lack of a voyager refurbishment obvious, the voyagers just have coffee stains everywhere I find.

As for the Mark 4s I just dislike the design, I find the Mark 3s have more room, not yet been on a refreshed virgin mark 4 but I have had a refurbished HST which even better for me was diveted via Yarm and Sunderland
NK53 TKT
07 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm #42

(07 Jun 2016, 3:35 pm)South Tyne Lad Mark 3s are more spacious due to the Mark 4 having a curved bodyshell, Which was supposed to house the Tilting equipment.

I do find the lack of a voyager refurbishment obvious, the voyagers just have coffee stains everywhere I find.

As for the Mark 4s I just dislike the design, I find the Mark 3s have more room, not yet been on a refreshed virgin mark 4 but I have had a refurbished HST which even better for me was diveted via Yarm and Sunderland

Brian13

04 Sep 2016, 9:04 am #43
I know I'm a bit late for this. But I'm Brian from South Shields who loves to ride on buses and collect tickets. I prefer Go North East and Stagecoach North East as well as most indipendant operators. London Underground and train enthusiast too.
Brian13
04 Sep 2016, 9:04 am #43

I know I'm a bit late for this. But I'm Brian from South Shields who loves to ride on buses and collect tickets. I prefer Go North East and Stagecoach North East as well as most indipendant operators. London Underground and train enthusiast too.

Rob44

10 Mar 2017, 10:55 am #44
Hello i'm Rob

Long time reader first time poster

Not in the same league as some of the enthusiasts on here but Enjoy reading the forum when I have the time
Rob44
10 Mar 2017, 10:55 am #44

Hello i'm Rob

Not in the same league as some of the enthusiasts on here but Enjoy reading the forum when I have the time

30 Jun 2017, 7:37 pm #45
Might aswell bring it up again, 2 Year ( to the month ) anniversary of being a Public Enthusiast. And boy has it been a varied one.

Long may it continue.

South Tyne Lad
30 Jun 2017, 7:37 pm #45

Might aswell bring it up again, 2 Year ( to the month ) anniversary of being a Public Enthusiast. And boy has it been a varied one.

Long may it continue.

Adrian

30 Jun 2017, 9:34 pm #46
(10 Mar 2017, 10:55 am)Rob44 Hello i'm Rob

There is no league Smile

Welcome to the site and look forward to seeing your contributions.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 Jun 2017, 9:34 pm #46

(10 Mar 2017, 10:55 am)Rob44 Hello i'm Rob

There is no league Smile

Welcome to the site and look forward to seeing your contributions.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

S830OFT

06 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm #47
Hello all, 
I have just joined and wanted to introduce myself, I am a big fan of the bygone era page as it showcases vehicles from the past which played a big part in developement of 21st century travel. That's all, Thank you.
S830OFT
06 Aug 2017, 9:57 pm #47

Hello all, 
I have just joined and wanted to introduce myself, I am a big fan of the bygone era page as it showcases vehicles from the past which played a big part in developement of 21st century travel. That's all, Thank you.

RBM1710

Unregistered

10 Sep 2017, 2:18 pm #48
Hello I'm Ray

Long time lurker with a lifetime interest in buses.
Now long retired and don't get around as I used to.
Grandfather worked for the Northern at Park Lane depot.
I have a large amount of bus books for disposal.
They are free to a good home if anyone wants them.
RBM1710
10 Sep 2017, 2:18 pm #48

Hello I'm Ray

Long time lurker with a lifetime interest in buses.
Now long retired and don't get around as I used to.
Grandfather worked for the Northern at Park Lane depot.
I have a large amount of bus books for disposal.
They are free to a good home if anyone wants them.

21 Nov 2019, 4:13 pm #49
Hi, I'm Aaron
A Sunderland University Student & Bus Enthusiast
Like Creating Service Ideas
Have a Blog: http://asxterranova.home.blog
ASX_Terranova
21 Nov 2019, 4:13 pm #49

Hi, I'm Aaron
A Sunderland University Student & Bus Enthusiast
Like Creating Service Ideas
Have a Blog: http://asxterranova.home.blog

29 Dec 2019, 11:36 am #50
I have just joined this morning. I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London. I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East. Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

As an aside, I sometimes listen to Lisa Shaw and Mel Crawford on BBC Radio Newcastle online!

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January. Happy New Year everyone!
MetrolineGA1511
29 Dec 2019, 11:36 am #50

I have just joined this morning. I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London. I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East. Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

As an aside, I sometimes listen to Lisa Shaw and Mel Crawford on BBC Radio Newcastle online!

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January. Happy New Year everyone!

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Dec 2019, 11:44 am #51
(29 Dec 2019, 11:36 am)Metroline1511 I have just joined this morning.  I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London.  I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East.  Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January.  Happy New Year everyone!

Enjoy browsing and contributing!

All the best for the new year.
Dan
29 Dec 2019, 11:44 am #51

(29 Dec 2019, 11:36 am)Metroline1511 I have just joined this morning.  I didn't even have to wait for my application to be approved.

My main areas of familiarity for buses are the North West, West Yorkshire and London.  I already belong to the relevant bus forums.

My favourite operator local to this forum is Go North East.  Arriva also have some good Sapphire & Max stock and have provided enjoyable cascaded London buses too.

I shall read these pages in more detail and comment further in January.  Happy New Year everyone!

Enjoy browsing and contributing!

04 Jan 2020, 8:12 pm #52
(29 Dec 2019, 11:44 am)Dan Enjoy browsing and contributing!

Thanks Dan, and happy new year to you.

Just beginning to navigate the forum now.
MetrolineGA1511
04 Jan 2020, 8:12 pm #52

(29 Dec 2019, 11:44 am)Dan Enjoy browsing and contributing!

Thanks Dan, and happy new year to you.

Just beginning to navigate the forum now.

09 Nov 2023, 7:36 pm #53
Alreet lads, does anyone bother with this anymore. Former Tyne & Wear PTE driver for many years.
BIG MICK STOKOE
09 Nov 2023, 7:36 pm #53

Alreet lads, does anyone bother with this anymore. Former Tyne & Wear PTE driver for many years.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average