Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Wrightbus

Wrightbus

Wrightbus

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 47 Next
25 Sep 2019, 5:09 pm #41

(25 Sep 2019, 4:47 pm)BusLoverMum A rather interesting, if lengthy, article that's dropped into my Google feed

https://www.londonreconnections.com/2019...istration/

It's certainly an interesting, although I don't necessarily agree with the points that they brought up.

Brexit seems to be used as a catch all for bad business decisions these days! They mention that Brexit is 'arguably the crippling final blow' but then don't give any actual reasons to why it was the final blow.

As much as I am a fan of Johnson, I do think that the NBfL project was a bad idea, and that along with the bad reliability of the hybrid system was probably one of the nails in the coffin for Wright.

But as I said further up, I genuinely think that it was being run in to the ground by it's owner to extract as much money out as possible before going bust. That is the only reason I can think of that would explain the sky high rent and enormous donations to their own church

streetdeckfan
25 Sep 2019, 5:09 pm #41

(25 Sep 2019, 4:47 pm)BusLoverMum A rather interesting, if lengthy, article that's dropped into my Google feed

https://www.londonreconnections.com/2019...istration/

It's certainly an interesting, although I don't necessarily agree with the points that they brought up.

Brexit seems to be used as a catch all for bad business decisions these days! They mention that Brexit is 'arguably the crippling final blow' but then don't give any actual reasons to why it was the final blow.

As much as I am a fan of Johnson, I do think that the NBfL project was a bad idea, and that along with the bad reliability of the hybrid system was probably one of the nails in the coffin for Wright.

But as I said further up, I genuinely think that it was being run in to the ground by it's owner to extract as much money out as possible before going bust. That is the only reason I can think of that would explain the sky high rent and enormous donations to their own church

Michael

25 Sep 2019, 5:26 pm #42
Wonder if the collapse of Wright bus will have a massive effect on the Eco Zones in the likes of Newcastle etc?

I can't see GNE getting their Streetdecks now, probables will have to look elsewhere..... ADL?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Sep 2019, 5:26 pm #42

Wonder if the collapse of Wright bus will have a massive effect on the Eco Zones in the likes of Newcastle etc?

I can't see GNE getting their Streetdecks now, probables will have to look elsewhere..... ADL?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

AIG20

25 Sep 2019, 5:27 pm #43

I have just watched the BBC News report on Wrightbus.

All employees were indeed sent home this morning and were apparently told that they had lost their jobs, and they took all belongings with them.

Near the end of the report there was drone footage of the factory with a few buses outside - including a one in base X-Lines livery.

AIG20
25 Sep 2019, 5:27 pm #43

All employees were indeed sent home this morning and were apparently told that they had lost their jobs, and they took all belongings with them.

Near the end of the report there was drone footage of the factory with a few buses outside - including a one in base X-Lines livery.

25 Sep 2019, 5:44 pm #44

(25 Sep 2019, 5:27 pm)AIG20

Actually, there were 2 in X-Lines Livery, one in Green and One in Blue. Which confirms that either X31/45/46 or X47/70/71 or all of them are going green

.png
Screenshot (7).png
Size: 2.21 MB / Downloads: 44

streetdeckfan
25 Sep 2019, 5:44 pm #44

(25 Sep 2019, 5:27 pm)AIG20

Actually, there were 2 in X-Lines Livery, one in Green and One in Blue. Which confirms that either X31/45/46 or X47/70/71 or all of them are going green

.png
Screenshot (7).png
Size: 2.21 MB / Downloads: 44

Andreos1

25 Sep 2019, 7:02 pm #45

(25 Sep 2019, 4:23 pm)streetdeckfan

I'm sure there will be huge financial incentives to stay in Ballymena for anyone that buys them, probably in the form of tax breaks.

It looks like Martijn has chimed in on the matter on Twitter with regards still getting the StreetDecks delivered

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/11...5223237635

We hope so. It’s early days of this ‘new’ news. Hopefully the Administrators will be able to find a buyer.

To me this suggests that they knew about this earlier, but to be honest, we could all see the writing on the wall (pun very much intended).

I'm really starting to wonder if this is why they branched out to ADL for the 97 and X30

What incentives are available at the moment like?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Sep 2019, 7:02 pm #45

(25 Sep 2019, 4:23 pm)streetdeckfan

I'm sure there will be huge financial incentives to stay in Ballymena for anyone that buys them, probably in the form of tax breaks.

It looks like Martijn has chimed in on the matter on Twitter with regards still getting the StreetDecks delivered

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/11...5223237635

We hope so. It’s early days of this ‘new’ news. Hopefully the Administrators will be able to find a buyer.

To me this suggests that they knew about this earlier, but to be honest, we could all see the writing on the wall (pun very much intended).

I'm really starting to wonder if this is why they branched out to ADL for the 97 and X30

25 Sep 2019, 7:14 pm #46

(25 Sep 2019, 7:02 pm)Andreos1

I'm not saying there is at the minute, but if there is a buyer and they want to move operations to somewhere closer to the customers, I can imagine local government might want to offer grants or tax breaks to incentivise them to say and support the local economy.

streetdeckfan
25 Sep 2019, 7:14 pm #46

(25 Sep 2019, 7:02 pm)Andreos1

I'm not saying there is at the minute, but if there is a buyer and they want to move operations to somewhere closer to the customers, I can imagine local government might want to offer grants or tax breaks to incentivise them to say and support the local economy.

Andreos1

25 Sep 2019, 8:23 pm #47

(25 Sep 2019, 7:14 pm)streetdeckfan

Which local government? One in NI or elsewhere?

Andreos1
25 Sep 2019, 8:23 pm #47

(25 Sep 2019, 7:14 pm)streetdeckfan

25 Sep 2019, 8:31 pm #48

(25 Sep 2019, 8:23 pm)Andreos1

NI I would imagine, I'm not really up on my Northern Irish politics to be honest so I don't know how it works over there.

streetdeckfan
25 Sep 2019, 8:31 pm #48

(25 Sep 2019, 8:23 pm)Andreos1

NI I would imagine, I'm not really up on my Northern Irish politics to be honest so I don't know how it works over there.

Andreos1

25 Sep 2019, 8:34 pm #49

(25 Sep 2019, 8:31 pm)streetdeckfan

Ah right.

Wasnt sure whether you meant over there or not.

Not sure there's really a government over there at the moment. Power sharing seems a shambles and after the energy scandal of a few years back, not sure how much money there is for tax breaks and the like.

Andreos1
25 Sep 2019, 8:34 pm #49

(25 Sep 2019, 8:31 pm)streetdeckfan

Ah right.

Not sure there's really a government over there at the moment. Power sharing seems a shambles and after the energy scandal of a few years back, not sure how much money there is for tax breaks and the like.

25 Sep 2019, 8:42 pm #50

(25 Sep 2019, 8:34 pm)Andreos1

Ah right.

There's not really much of a government anywhere in the UK at the minute!

I'm sure that any tax break they give would be less costly than having to support an extra 1400 unemployed workers!

streetdeckfan
25 Sep 2019, 8:42 pm #50

(25 Sep 2019, 8:34 pm)Andreos1

Ah right.

I'm sure that any tax break they give would be less costly than having to support an extra 1400 unemployed workers!

Andreos1

25 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm #51

(25 Sep 2019, 8:42 pm)streetdeckfan

I'd imagine the stack of Michelin, H&W and Bombardier workers are already at the front of the queue!

Andreos1
25 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm #51

(25 Sep 2019, 8:42 pm)streetdeckfan

I'd imagine the stack of Michelin, H&W and Bombardier workers are already at the front of the queue!

25 Sep 2019, 8:52 pm #52

(25 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm)Andreos1

Hence why I said extra Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

Plus, I'd imagine they're more likely to help out Wright since they are getting far more coverage because they made the 'Boris Bus', and as we all know politics isn't about what makes sense, it's about what makes politicians look good!

streetdeckfan
25 Sep 2019, 8:52 pm #52

(25 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm)Andreos1

Hence why I said extra Wink" alt="Wink" title="Wink">

Plus, I'd imagine they're more likely to help out Wright since they are getting far more coverage because they made the 'Boris Bus', and as we all know politics isn't about what makes sense, it's about what makes politicians look good!

James101

25 Sep 2019, 10:21 pm #53
I would imagine the prices on the enviro product range has shot up today.

Wonder if the Wrightbus administration affects developments in First UK Bus. Fleets heavily dependant in Wright now with potentially limited mechanical/parts support won’t be attractive to buyers.
James101
25 Sep 2019, 10:21 pm #53

I would imagine the prices on the enviro product range has shot up today.

Wonder if the Wrightbus administration affects developments in First UK Bus. Fleets heavily dependant in Wright now with potentially limited mechanical/parts support won’t be attractive to buyers.

27 Sep 2019, 11:15 am #54

Apparently Boris has pledged to help Wrightbus, I doubt that means nationalising them considering it's a conservative government

"We have been working on it the whole time," he told BBC News NI.

"You may know that the negotiations got very close, there was a particular problem that came up to do with the ownership of the land.

"We want to sort it out, we are going to do what we can to help."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49837250

streetdeckfan
27 Sep 2019, 11:15 am #54

Apparently Boris has pledged to help Wrightbus, I doubt that means nationalising them considering it's a conservative government

"You may know that the negotiations got very close, there was a particular problem that came up to do with the ownership of the land.

BusLoverMum

27 Sep 2019, 3:15 pm #55

(27 Sep 2019, 11:15 am)streetdeckfan

Um, yeah, we know about that problem^^^

BusLoverMum
27 Sep 2019, 3:15 pm #55

(27 Sep 2019, 11:15 am)streetdeckfan

Um, yeah, we know about that problem^^^

BusLoverMum

27 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm #56
A bit more about those problems. Ex rmoyees are, understandably, angry.
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/business/wr...-1-9087113
BusLoverMum
27 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm #56

A bit more about those problems. Ex rmoyees are, understandably, angry.

29 Sep 2019, 1:15 pm #57

(27 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm)BusLoverMum A bit more about those problems. Ex rmoyees are, understandably, angry.

Ex Employees protested outside the Green Pastures Church today.

It's not often I side with the employees, but in this situation it's impossible to side with the Wrightbus.

One brings up a very valid point, one which definitely needs answered

“How could he donate to the church without looking after the workforce and keeping the company going? That’s what we want answered,”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/29/former-wrightbus-staff-hold-protest-after-1200-job-losses

streetdeckfan
29 Sep 2019, 1:15 pm #57

(27 Sep 2019, 3:33 pm)BusLoverMum A bit more about those problems. Ex rmoyees are, understandably, angry.

It's not often I side with the employees, but in this situation it's impossible to side with the Wrightbus.

“How could he donate to the church without looking after the workforce and keeping the company going? That’s what we want answered,”

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/29/former-wrightbus-staff-hold-protest-after-1200-job-losses

BusLoverMum

29 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm #58

(29 Sep 2019, 1:15 pm)streetdeckfan

Yet the Wright family assert that they did nothing wrong. There's everything wrong with diverting money from the  business if the business can't remain viable without that money. There's even more with diverting the money then expecting to be rescued.

BusLoverMum
29 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm #58

(29 Sep 2019, 1:15 pm)streetdeckfan

Yet the Wright family assert that they did nothing wrong. There's everything wrong with diverting money from the  business if the business can't remain viable without that money. There's even more with diverting the money then expecting to be rescued.

29 Sep 2019, 2:53 pm #59
(29 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm)BusLoverMum

When a business is making profit and you donate over 4 million to your own church, which causes the business to make a loss, there has to be some law to prevent that!
streetdeckfan
29 Sep 2019, 2:53 pm #59

(29 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm)BusLoverMum

When a business is making profit and you donate over 4 million to your own church, which causes the business to make a loss, there has to be some law to prevent that!

02 Oct 2019, 11:14 am #60
Missed this yesterday.
Apparently there are 2 bidders for Wrightbus, one from England and one from the US.

I would have thought ADL might be interested, but they're Scottish not English and owned by the Canadians not the Americans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49901167
streetdeckfan
02 Oct 2019, 11:14 am #60

Missed this yesterday.
Apparently there are 2 bidders for Wrightbus, one from England and one from the US.

I would have thought ADL might be interested, but they're Scottish not English and owned by the Canadians not the Americans

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-49901167

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 47 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average