Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Non transport related photography

Non transport related photography

Non transport related photography

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Jimmi

18 Jun 2015, 11:59 am #1
Just something I've been thinking of is perhaps maybe creating a second Flickr account or another sort of website where I may take random photos and upload them.

I am thinking about maybe just taking photos of random stuff I see while I am out and about or anything else. Some things may include: dogs, graffiti, amusing signs and then possibly stuff like: landmarks and great scenic shots.

If I do decide to create such thing I doubt it will ever be something I will ever take seriously, it will be me just uploading things for fun which some people may get the joy of seeing.

Would anyone on here potentially be interested in seeing this happen?
Jimmi
18 Jun 2015, 11:59 am #1

Just something I've been thinking of is perhaps maybe creating a second Flickr account or another sort of website where I may take random photos and upload them.

I am thinking about maybe just taking photos of random stuff I see while I am out and about or anything else. Some things may include: dogs, graffiti, amusing signs and then possibly stuff like: landmarks and great scenic shots.

If I do decide to create such thing I doubt it will ever be something I will ever take seriously, it will be me just uploading things for fun which some people may get the joy of seeing.

18 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm #2
(18 Jun 2015, 11:59 am)Jimmi Just something I've been thinking of is perhaps maybe creating a second Flickr account or another sort of website where I may take random photos and upload them.

It's up to you if you want to do it.  Smile 

I was thinking the same thing a couple of nights ago, but railway-related graffiti and stuff like that.
omnicity4659
18 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm #2

(18 Jun 2015, 11:59 am)Jimmi Just something I've been thinking of is perhaps maybe creating a second Flickr account or another sort of website where I may take random photos and upload them.

It's up to you if you want to do it.  Smile 

I was thinking the same thing a couple of nights ago, but railway-related graffiti and stuff like that.

Jimmi

18 Jun 2015, 12:36 pm #3
(18 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm)Tommy_1581 It's up to you if you want to do it.  Smile 

I am not sure whether I will or not although it would probably be good to do it.

I would want to create a second Flickr account if possible as I wouldn't want the photos to be sandwiched in-between the bus photos as it could see people who follow me for my bus photos losing interest and un follow me which would be a shame.

Like I say it would be just random stuff, I have already got a few things I could probably upload such as In Our Image (that big head sculpture in Aycliffe) and as I have been to many of the Arriva MAX launches I also have shed loads of photos of Titan the Robot.
Jimmi
18 Jun 2015, 12:36 pm #3

(18 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm)Tommy_1581 It's up to you if you want to do it.  Smile 

I am not sure whether I will or not although it would probably be good to do it.

I would want to create a second Flickr account if possible as I wouldn't want the photos to be sandwiched in-between the bus photos as it could see people who follow me for my bus photos losing interest and un follow me which would be a shame.

Like I say it would be just random stuff, I have already got a few things I could probably upload such as In Our Image (that big head sculpture in Aycliffe) and as I have been to many of the Arriva MAX launches I also have shed loads of photos of Titan the Robot.

Davie

Banned

18 Jun 2015, 2:36 pm #4

I'd be interested to see that happen Smile
Davie
18 Jun 2015, 2:36 pm #4

I'd be interested to see that happen Smile

Adrian

18 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm #5
I used to do Graffiti photography. It's decent, but you need to have your wits about you. I'd recommend a tiny compact for it though rather than your DSLR.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
18 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm #5

I used to do Graffiti photography. It's decent, but you need to have your wits about you. I'd recommend a tiny compact for it though rather than your DSLR.

Jimmi

18 Jun 2015, 10:10 pm #6
(18 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm)aureolin I used to do Graffiti photography. It's decent, but you need to have your wits about you. I'd recommend a tiny compact for it though rather than your DSLR.
In what way would I need to keep my wits about me for graffiti?

I have zero clue what I am going to upload to this new Photostream, possibly a mix of various things where perhaps one day it will just be a photo of some of my shoes then another day it could end up being a landmark or a bench.
Jimmi
18 Jun 2015, 10:10 pm #6

(18 Jun 2015, 9:46 pm)aureolin I used to do Graffiti photography. It's decent, but you need to have your wits about you. I'd recommend a tiny compact for it though rather than your DSLR.
In what way would I need to keep my wits about me for graffiti?

I have zero clue what I am going to upload to this new Photostream, possibly a mix of various things where perhaps one day it will just be a photo of some of my shoes then another day it could end up being a landmark or a bench.

Adrian

18 Jun 2015, 10:13 pm #7
(18 Jun 2015, 10:10 pm)Jimmi In what way would I need to keep my wits about me for graffiti?

If you head to some graffiti hot spots, like for huge pieces rather than tags, people will get nervous around the camera. I've never had an issue but I was always told that if you see anyone that looks like an artist, just let them know what you're doing. 

Adrian
18 Jun 2015, 10:13 pm #7

(18 Jun 2015, 10:10 pm)Jimmi In what way would I need to keep my wits about me for graffiti?

If you head to some graffiti hot spots, like for huge pieces rather than tags, people will get nervous around the camera. I've never had an issue but I was always told that if you see anyone that looks like an artist, just let them know what you're doing. 

Jimmi

18 Jun 2015, 10:18 pm #8
(18 Jun 2015, 10:13 pm)aureolin If you head to some graffiti hot spots, like for huge pieces rather than tags, people will get nervous around the camera. I've never had an issue but I was always told that if you see anyone that looks like an artist, just let them know what you're doing. 

I am probably not going to do much in the way of graffiti photography but I would probably have to be careful where I take the photos and such if I was to do so. I'd imagine they'd maybe be less keen with my Nikon rather than the little Sony camera I can shove in my pocket.
Jimmi
18 Jun 2015, 10:18 pm #8

(18 Jun 2015, 10:13 pm)aureolin If you head to some graffiti hot spots, like for huge pieces rather than tags, people will get nervous around the camera. I've never had an issue but I was always told that if you see anyone that looks like an artist, just let them know what you're doing. 

I am probably not going to do much in the way of graffiti photography but I would probably have to be careful where I take the photos and such if I was to do so. I'd imagine they'd maybe be less keen with my Nikon rather than the little Sony camera I can shove in my pocket.

Jimmi

21 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm #9
Even though I only set up the account on Thursday I have decided to delete Jimmi's Random Photos as I had planned to upload a selection of photos of certain things and I was going to join a few groups to get a few more views but when I looked at many groups many of them had many rules and some seemed like they didn't want photos I have taken on my mobile so this totally put me off and once I set it up I couldn't think of anything else to really get photos of so I have taken the decision to delete it as people didn't really seem that interested in it so it was pointless running something for four members of this forum.

It is one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time but when it came to reality it wasn't. Oh well I actually went ahead and created such a thing even though it didn't really work out.
Edited 21 Jun 2015, 5:48 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
21 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm #9

Even though I only set up the account on Thursday I have decided to delete Jimmi's Random Photos as I had planned to upload a selection of photos of certain things and I was going to join a few groups to get a few more views but when I looked at many groups many of them had many rules and some seemed like they didn't want photos I have taken on my mobile so this totally put me off and once I set it up I couldn't think of anything else to really get photos of so I have taken the decision to delete it as people didn't really seem that interested in it so it was pointless running something for four members of this forum.

It is one of those things that seemed like a good idea at the time but when it came to reality it wasn't. Oh well I actually went ahead and created such a thing even though it didn't really work out.

Davie

Banned

21 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm #10
(21 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm)Jimmi Even though I only set up the account on Thursday I have decided to delete Jimmi's Random Photos as I had planned to upload a selection of photos of certain things and I was going to join a few groups to get a few more views but when I looked at many groups many of them had many rules and some seemed like they didn't want photos I have taken on my mobile so this totally put me off and once I set it up I couldn't think of anything else to really get photos of so I have taken the decision to delete it as people didn't really seem that interested in it so it was pointless running something for four members of this forum.

Well that lasted long... Tongue
Davie
21 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm #10

(21 Jun 2015, 5:46 pm)Jimmi Even though I only set up the account on Thursday I have decided to delete Jimmi's Random Photos as I had planned to upload a selection of photos of certain things and I was going to join a few groups to get a few more views but when I looked at many groups many of them had many rules and some seemed like they didn't want photos I have taken on my mobile so this totally put me off and once I set it up I couldn't think of anything else to really get photos of so I have taken the decision to delete it as people didn't really seem that interested in it so it was pointless running something for four members of this forum.

Well that lasted long... Tongue

LeeCalder

21 Jun 2015, 6:08 pm #11
(21 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm)Davie Well that lasted long... Tongue

Not the best time to write a sarcastic comment. 

This was something that Jimmi really wanted to do and was looking forward to, but unfortunately it didn't come to avail. 
LeeCalder
21 Jun 2015, 6:08 pm #11

(21 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm)Davie Well that lasted long... Tongue

Not the best time to write a sarcastic comment. 

This was something that Jimmi really wanted to do and was looking forward to, but unfortunately it didn't come to avail. 

Jimmi

21 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm #12
(21 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm)Davie Well that lasted long...
Yeah I didn't see the point in continuing it as the interest just wasn't there from myself and anybody else so I didn't see the point in carrying on with it. Been hard enough getting people to view the bus photostream although I have 148 people following me a large number of them are randoms trying to get as many people to follow them as possible, got one yesterday who is following 25k people!

The thing is I could have kept the idea in my head and not done anything but I didn't, instead I took the idea and actually brought it to reality and even though it didn't work out at least I actually gave it a shot instead of thinking what might have been.

I also said I was taking a break from Flickr earlier in the week and I've uploaded everyday since Wednesday, I think I need to be stopped! - still got shed loads of Carlisle photos from yesterday and I'm supposed to be going to Blackpool again on Tuesday.
Jimmi
21 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm #12

(21 Jun 2015, 6:00 pm)Davie Well that lasted long...
Yeah I didn't see the point in continuing it as the interest just wasn't there from myself and anybody else so I didn't see the point in carrying on with it. Been hard enough getting people to view the bus photostream although I have 148 people following me a large number of them are randoms trying to get as many people to follow them as possible, got one yesterday who is following 25k people!

The thing is I could have kept the idea in my head and not done anything but I didn't, instead I took the idea and actually brought it to reality and even though it didn't work out at least I actually gave it a shot instead of thinking what might have been.

I also said I was taking a break from Flickr earlier in the week and I've uploaded everyday since Wednesday, I think I need to be stopped! - still got shed loads of Carlisle photos from yesterday and I'm supposed to be going to Blackpool again on Tuesday.

Jimmi

21 Jun 2015, 6:16 pm #13
(21 Jun 2015, 6:08 pm)LeeCalder Not the best time to write a sarcastic comment. 

Nah its fine, it wasn't going to be something serious, it was meant to be just a bit of fun but then once I set it up it turned out to be no fun at all so couldn't be bothered to continue with it.

Had a few people joke about it over the last few days but as I deleted it you won't be seeing the photo that I accidentally got of the pavement in Carlisle yesterday.
Jimmi
21 Jun 2015, 6:16 pm #13

(21 Jun 2015, 6:08 pm)LeeCalder Not the best time to write a sarcastic comment. 

Nah its fine, it wasn't going to be something serious, it was meant to be just a bit of fun but then once I set it up it turned out to be no fun at all so couldn't be bothered to continue with it.

Had a few people joke about it over the last few days but as I deleted it you won't be seeing the photo that I accidentally got of the pavement in Carlisle yesterday.

Andreos1

21 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm #14
(21 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm)Jimmi Yeah I didn't see the point in continuing it as the interest just wasn't there from myself and anybody else so I didn't see the point in carrying on with it. Been hard enough getting people to view the bus photostream although I have 148 people following me a large number of them are randoms trying to get as many people to follow them as possible, got one yesterday who is following 25k people!

You should have stuck with it - in my opinion anyway.
Although the audience may have been small initially, it could have grown and it could have developed.
It may have opened up a new interest and for very little initial effort.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm #14

(21 Jun 2015, 6:12 pm)Jimmi Yeah I didn't see the point in continuing it as the interest just wasn't there from myself and anybody else so I didn't see the point in carrying on with it. Been hard enough getting people to view the bus photostream although I have 148 people following me a large number of them are randoms trying to get as many people to follow them as possible, got one yesterday who is following 25k people!

You should have stuck with it - in my opinion anyway.
Although the audience may have been small initially, it could have grown and it could have developed.

Jimmi

21 Jun 2015, 8:11 pm #15
(21 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm)Andreos1 You should have stuck with it - in my opinion anyway.

I got put off after trying to put photos into groups due to some of the rules and I lost all intrest.

Just seemed like it wasn't worth my time.
Jimmi
21 Jun 2015, 8:11 pm #15

(21 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm)Andreos1 You should have stuck with it - in my opinion anyway.

I got put off after trying to put photos into groups due to some of the rules and I lost all intrest.

Just seemed like it wasn't worth my time.

Andreos1

22 Nov 2020, 3:57 pm #16
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54991593

Some absolutely fantastic shots, caught in a time of horrendous brutality.

Andreos1
22 Nov 2020, 3:57 pm #16

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54991593

Some absolutely fantastic shots, caught in a time of horrendous brutality.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average