Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Events (Elsewhere) Lothian Buses open day

Lothian Buses open day

Lothian Buses open day

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 36 Next
BusLoverMum

12 Aug 2015, 10:27 pm #21
Headphones, low volume fine. Just don't share!
BusLoverMum
12 Aug 2015, 10:27 pm #21

Headphones, low volume fine. Just don't share!

Jimmi

12 Aug 2015, 10:29 pm #22
(12 Aug 2015, 10:27 pm)BusLoverMum Headphones, low volume fine. Just don't share!

Usually keep the volume pretty low so I shouldn't need to turn it up loud in quiet coach so with any luck I should be fine.
Jimmi
12 Aug 2015, 10:29 pm #22

(12 Aug 2015, 10:27 pm)BusLoverMum Headphones, low volume fine. Just don't share!

Usually keep the volume pretty low so I shouldn't need to turn it up loud in quiet coach so with any luck I should be fine.

13 Aug 2015, 3:19 pm #23
As things stand I finish work at 0400 that morning so it doesn't seem likely I'll be attending.
I could swap my shifts around but I'm not overly fussed.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
13 Aug 2015, 3:19 pm #23

As things stand I finish work at 0400 that morning so it doesn't seem likely I'll be attending.
I could swap my shifts around but I'm not overly fussed.

Malarkey

14 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm #24
I can confirm I am going to the Open Doors Event on the 26th September after my Dad gave me the money for my Train Tickets which I will be booking tomorrow.
Malarkey
14 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm #24

I can confirm I am going to the Open Doors Event on the 26th September after my Dad gave me the money for my Train Tickets which I will be booking tomorrow.

Jimmi

14 Aug 2015, 8:24 pm #25
Not sure when I'll book my tickets (providing I can decide whether to go or not). Probably going to wait until next week now as I am a bit skint as I've booked to go to a few gigs and I've had two birthdays to fork out for as well.
Jimmi
14 Aug 2015, 8:24 pm #25

Not sure when I'll book my tickets (providing I can decide whether to go or not). Probably going to wait until next week now as I am a bit skint as I've booked to go to a few gigs and I've had two birthdays to fork out for as well.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Aug 2015, 4:54 am #26
(14 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm)Malarkey I can confirm I am going to the Open Doors Event on the 26th September after my Dad gave me the money for my Train Tickets which I will be booking tomorrow.

I best burn my train tickets then... Wink
Dan
15 Aug 2015, 4:54 am #26

(14 Aug 2015, 8:19 pm)Malarkey I can confirm I am going to the Open Doors Event on the 26th September after my Dad gave me the money for my Train Tickets which I will be booking tomorrow.

I best burn my train tickets then... Wink

Malarkey

16 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm #27
(15 Aug 2015, 4:54 am)Dan I best burn my train tickets then... Wink

Wouldnt want to be seen in Public with you anyway Dan, might cramp my style Wink

Anyway I am all booked up for the 26th September, Departing Newcastle on the 06:30am Train getting into Edinburgh for 08:10am, this journey was only £9, £6 cheaper than if I was to depart Newcastle an hour or so later, might think I am daft go up so early but I am going to use the few hours I have on the morning to go to the following spots, Ocean Terminal & Leith Walk (The Shore) as I really enjoyed taking photos in those areas last year using the Plusbus Ticket, otherwise I will be hovering around Princess Street/The Mound before heading to the Open Doors Event for a few hours before heading back for the 4pm Train out of Edinburgh, getting back into Newcastle for 17:25pm.
Malarkey
16 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm #27

Wouldnt want to be seen in Public with you anyway Dan, might cramp my style Wink

Anyway I am all booked up for the 26th September, Departing Newcastle on the 06:30am Train getting into Edinburgh for 08:10am, this journey was only £9, £6 cheaper than if I was to depart Newcastle an hour or so later, might think I am daft go up so early but I am going to use the few hours I have on the morning to go to the following spots, Ocean Terminal & Leith Walk (The Shore) as I really enjoyed taking photos in those areas last year using the Plusbus Ticket, otherwise I will be hovering around Princess Street/The Mound before heading to the Open Doors Event for a few hours before heading back for the 4pm Train out of Edinburgh, getting back into Newcastle for 17:25pm.

Jimmi

16 Aug 2015, 2:04 pm #28
(16 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm)Malarkey Wouldnt want to be seen in Public with you anyway Dan, might cramp my style Wink

Lucky you! I can't get below £20 for singles to/from Darlington, so it's going to be at least £40 for me and I am struggling to think it's worthwhile at that price especially when a fair few of us are going up and whenever I do these trips nobody views the photos most of the time either.

I really can't decide if heading to this is really worth it. What does everyone think?
Jimmi
16 Aug 2015, 2:04 pm #28

(16 Aug 2015, 1:39 pm)Malarkey Wouldnt want to be seen in Public with you anyway Dan, might cramp my style Wink

Lucky you! I can't get below £20 for singles to/from Darlington, so it's going to be at least £40 for me and I am struggling to think it's worthwhile at that price especially when a fair few of us are going up and whenever I do these trips nobody views the photos most of the time either.

I really can't decide if heading to this is really worth it. What does everyone think?

Malarkey

16 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm #29
(16 Aug 2015, 2:04 pm)Jimmi Lucky you! I can't get below £20 for singles to/from Darlington, so it's going to be at least £40 for me and I am struggling to think it's worthwhile at that price especially when a fair few of us are going up and whenever I do these trips nobody views the photos most of the time either.

Cost me £23.20 in total to go there and back, £40 is quite expensive in my opinion from Darlington and even going from Durham is only going to save you a few quid.

Might be cheaper for you to do Darlington to Edinburgh & Edinburgh to Newcastle via Train, then get the Bus from Newcastle back to Newton Aycliffe.
Malarkey
16 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm #29

(16 Aug 2015, 2:04 pm)Jimmi Lucky you! I can't get below £20 for singles to/from Darlington, so it's going to be at least £40 for me and I am struggling to think it's worthwhile at that price especially when a fair few of us are going up and whenever I do these trips nobody views the photos most of the time either.

Cost me £23.20 in total to go there and back, £40 is quite expensive in my opinion from Darlington and even going from Durham is only going to save you a few quid.

Might be cheaper for you to do Darlington to Edinburgh & Edinburgh to Newcastle via Train, then get the Bus from Newcastle back to Newton Aycliffe.

Jimmi

16 Aug 2015, 3:00 pm #30
(16 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm)Malarkey Cost me £23.20 in total to go there and back, £40 is quite expensive in my opinion from Darlington and even going from Durham is only going to save you a few quid.

I thought about getting the train from Durham on the morning but there was only one service 7 that could get me there so should something happen to that journey that prevents me arriving in Durham on-time I've had it. Darlington isn't the best either with their only being a 5A and 8 to Darlington at that time on a Saturday morning and of course I am local to the 5A route so I would probably jump on at my local stop but should it not turn up I wouldn't have time to get to Aycliffe Town Centre for the 8. There is also a train to Darlington but it arrives only around 15 minutes before the Edinburgh train leaves. Could do that but it probably wouldn't save much.

One idea I've just thought of is maybe getting a 16-25 Railcard, may get the 3 year railcard which costs £70 but I think you get a third off fares. I am thinking of doing more further afield trips in future so do we think I should maybe consider this?
Jimmi
16 Aug 2015, 3:00 pm #30

(16 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm)Malarkey Cost me £23.20 in total to go there and back, £40 is quite expensive in my opinion from Darlington and even going from Durham is only going to save you a few quid.

I thought about getting the train from Durham on the morning but there was only one service 7 that could get me there so should something happen to that journey that prevents me arriving in Durham on-time I've had it. Darlington isn't the best either with their only being a 5A and 8 to Darlington at that time on a Saturday morning and of course I am local to the 5A route so I would probably jump on at my local stop but should it not turn up I wouldn't have time to get to Aycliffe Town Centre for the 8. There is also a train to Darlington but it arrives only around 15 minutes before the Edinburgh train leaves. Could do that but it probably wouldn't save much.

One idea I've just thought of is maybe getting a 16-25 Railcard, may get the 3 year railcard which costs £70 but I think you get a third off fares. I am thinking of doing more further afield trips in future so do we think I should maybe consider this?

Adrian

16 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm #31
I'm in two minds whether or not I can be bothered with the open doors day. I think realistically, I'm not going to see anything different to what was there last year, except the guest vehicle of course. I'm up there earlier in the month too.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Aug 2015, 4:02 pm #31

I'm in two minds whether or not I can be bothered with the open doors day. I think realistically, I'm not going to see anything different to what was there last year, except the guest vehicle of course. I'm up there earlier in the month too.

citaro5284

16 Aug 2015, 4:04 pm #32

And Showbus the weekend before....certainly covering the miles
citaro5284
16 Aug 2015, 4:04 pm #32

And Showbus the weekend before....certainly covering the miles

Jimmi

16 Aug 2015, 4:24 pm #33
(16 Aug 2015, 4:04 pm)citaro5284 And Showbus the weekend before....certainly covering the miles
Another thing I'd like to go to but highly unlikely to be attending as travel costs would probably be too much and won't get there until about 1pm on public transport and I know nothing about trips or anything going down there

Think I may have to unfollow Dan and a few others on Flickr in September as I'll be too hacked off viewing how much fun everyone else has had whilst I sit at home bored out of my mind.

Can you tell I'm in a particularly bad mood this afternoon.
Jimmi
16 Aug 2015, 4:24 pm #33

(16 Aug 2015, 4:04 pm)citaro5284 And Showbus the weekend before....certainly covering the miles
Another thing I'd like to go to but highly unlikely to be attending as travel costs would probably be too much and won't get there until about 1pm on public transport and I know nothing about trips or anything going down there

Think I may have to unfollow Dan and a few others on Flickr in September as I'll be too hacked off viewing how much fun everyone else has had whilst I sit at home bored out of my mind.

Adrian

16 Aug 2015, 4:36 pm #34
(16 Aug 2015, 4:24 pm)Jimmi Another thing I'd like to go to but highly unlikely to be attending as travel costs would probably be too much and won't get there until about 1pm on public transport and I know nothing about trips or anything going down there

I always get the impression you're in a bad mood! Smile

Just because others are enjoying themselves somewhere, doesn't mean that you can't do something elsewhere? I can't see why it would bother you looking at someone else's photos of the event.

I'd looked to go myself this year, but when it's came down to it, other things have got in the way. Bit of a shame like, as one of my mates was going to drive down for it.

Adrian
16 Aug 2015, 4:36 pm #34

(16 Aug 2015, 4:24 pm)Jimmi Another thing I'd like to go to but highly unlikely to be attending as travel costs would probably be too much and won't get there until about 1pm on public transport and I know nothing about trips or anything going down there

I always get the impression you're in a bad mood! Smile

Just because others are enjoying themselves somewhere, doesn't mean that you can't do something elsewhere? I can't see why it would bother you looking at someone else's photos of the event.

I'd looked to go myself this year, but when it's came down to it, other things have got in the way. Bit of a shame like, as one of my mates was going to drive down for it.

Jimmi

16 Aug 2015, 4:54 pm #35
(16 Aug 2015, 4:36 pm)aureolin I always get the impression you're in a bad mood! Smile

Not really a great deal to do to take my mind off stuff like this, especially on a Sunday and I am now wanting to go further afield but now train/coach fares would be too expensive.

Don't know why I get annoyed by viewing people's photos from events I can't get to, probably because I want to go and can't so I have the annoyance from viewing the photos.

Maybe looking more into things next year so I can maybe see about getting hotels for a night and return from things the following day.

A few other things have been infuriating me this afternoon. I am not always in a bad mood but some things can easily put me in bad moods.
Jimmi
16 Aug 2015, 4:54 pm #35

(16 Aug 2015, 4:36 pm)aureolin I always get the impression you're in a bad mood! Smile

Not really a great deal to do to take my mind off stuff like this, especially on a Sunday and I am now wanting to go further afield but now train/coach fares would be too expensive.

Don't know why I get annoyed by viewing people's photos from events I can't get to, probably because I want to go and can't so I have the annoyance from viewing the photos.

Maybe looking more into things next year so I can maybe see about getting hotels for a night and return from things the following day.

A few other things have been infuriating me this afternoon. I am not always in a bad mood but some things can easily put me in bad moods.

16 Aug 2015, 8:44 pm #36
YP railcard is absolutely brilliant, really well worth it. Even if you're just an occasional traveller it should pay for itself within a few uses.

I normally get mine yearly (even though I realistically lose £20/year that I could save).

Try a google search for "Tickety Split" or "Split Train Tickets". There's a few handy tools/widgets that can show you cheaper fares by splitting your route. Just don't go ahead and book through them as they mostly use Thetrainline which charges a completely stupid booking fee; I advise to never go through them.
Write down the details it gives (for example instead of getting a ticket from Carlisle to Crewe, you'd get an outbound one for Carlisle - Preston and Preston - Crewe and the return maybe Crewe - Lancaster and Lancaster - Carlisle).
Then go through a TOC website (such as VTEC) and book those journeys stated.

northern156
16 Aug 2015, 8:44 pm #36

YP railcard is absolutely brilliant, really well worth it. Even if you're just an occasional traveller it should pay for itself within a few uses.

I normally get mine yearly (even though I realistically lose £20/year that I could save).

Try a google search for "Tickety Split" or "Split Train Tickets". There's a few handy tools/widgets that can show you cheaper fares by splitting your route. Just don't go ahead and book through them as they mostly use Thetrainline which charges a completely stupid booking fee; I advise to never go through them.
Write down the details it gives (for example instead of getting a ticket from Carlisle to Crewe, you'd get an outbound one for Carlisle - Preston and Preston - Crewe and the return maybe Crewe - Lancaster and Lancaster - Carlisle).
Then go through a TOC website (such as VTEC) and book those journeys stated.

Jimmi

16 Aug 2015, 10:22 pm #37
Think I'll give the Lothian Open Day a miss as it is rather expensive to get up there.

Think I may get the 3 year 16-25 Railcard but may wait until about December/January time as I don't plan to make any train trips until next year now, possibly March sort of time being the first and dependent on time and funds I may try and do at least one trip each month between March and October.
Jimmi
16 Aug 2015, 10:22 pm #37

Think I'll give the Lothian Open Day a miss as it is rather expensive to get up there.

Think I may get the 3 year 16-25 Railcard but may wait until about December/January time as I don't plan to make any train trips until next year now, possibly March sort of time being the first and dependent on time and funds I may try and do at least one trip each month between March and October.

BusLoverMum

16 Aug 2015, 10:31 pm #38
(16 Aug 2015, 4:54 pm)Jimmi Not really a great deal to do to take my mind off stuff like this, especially on a Sunday and I am now wanting to go further afield but now train/coach fares would be too expensive.

I think a good plan for you, thinking long term, would be for you to put some money aside, specially, invest in the most suitable railcard for you (see if you qualify for the disabled person's card as that would flag you up for assistance when you are in a situation you'd struggle with plus, you can nominate a friend to also save, if that's possible) and plan some days out that would make the most of it.
http://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.u...-eligible/
Edited 16 Aug 2015, 10:32 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
16 Aug 2015, 10:31 pm #38

(16 Aug 2015, 4:54 pm)Jimmi Not really a great deal to do to take my mind off stuff like this, especially on a Sunday and I am now wanting to go further afield but now train/coach fares would be too expensive.

I think a good plan for you, thinking long term, would be for you to put some money aside, specially, invest in the most suitable railcard for you (see if you qualify for the disabled person's card as that would flag you up for assistance when you are in a situation you'd struggle with plus, you can nominate a friend to also save, if that's possible) and plan some days out that would make the most of it.
http://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.u...-eligible/

Adrian

25 Aug 2015, 6:30 am #39
Decided to do this after all. Booked up and raring to go!

Adrian
25 Aug 2015, 6:30 am #39

Decided to do this after all. Booked up and raring to go!

Malarkey

25 Aug 2015, 9:43 am #40
(25 Aug 2015, 6:30 am)aureolin Decided to do this after all. Booked up and raring to go!

Looks like quite a few members of NEB are going then, what time you heading up aureolin?
Malarkey
25 Aug 2015, 9:43 am #40

(25 Aug 2015, 6:30 am)aureolin Decided to do this after all. Booked up and raring to go!

Looks like quite a few members of NEB are going then, what time you heading up aureolin?

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 36 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average