Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat R852 PRG's Reviews

R852 PRG's Reviews

R852 PRG's Reviews

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (16): Previous 112 13 1416 Next
Jimmi

06 Feb 2016, 8:29 pm #241
(06 Feb 2016, 8:25 pm)Davie Me and Dan were on 5398 & 5408 and they weren't working on either of them.

Did anyone get a bus with working plug sockets today? They weren't working on the Enviro 400 I had on the 7 this evening.
Jimmi
06 Feb 2016, 8:29 pm #241

(06 Feb 2016, 8:25 pm)Davie Me and Dan were on 5398 & 5408 and they weren't working on either of them.

Did anyone get a bus with working plug sockets today? They weren't working on the Enviro 400 I had on the 7 this evening.

Davie

Banned

06 Feb 2016, 8:31 pm #242
(06 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm)Adrian Have you emailed them? If not, drop an email to customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
I did in September when I was on 5401. They replied saying something like they would "Investergate and sort the issues out." I've not been on it since so I couldn't tell you if it's sorted or not.
Davie
06 Feb 2016, 8:31 pm #242

(06 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm)Adrian Have you emailed them? If not, drop an email to customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
I did in September when I was on 5401. They replied saying something like they would "Investergate and sort the issues out." I've not been on it since so I couldn't tell you if it's sorted or not.

DanPicken

Banned

06 Feb 2016, 8:31 pm #243
(06 Feb 2016, 8:29 pm)Jimmi Did anyone get a bus with working plug sockets today? They weren't working on the Enviro 400 I had on the 7 this evening.

We never tried 6074 but last week they weren't working and I believe they weren't on 09/1/16 and weirdly we've had 5398 two weeks in a row with the same driver.
DanPicken
06 Feb 2016, 8:31 pm #243

(06 Feb 2016, 8:29 pm)Jimmi Did anyone get a bus with working plug sockets today? They weren't working on the Enviro 400 I had on the 7 this evening.

We never tried 6074 but last week they weren't working and I believe they weren't on 09/1/16 and weirdly we've had 5398 two weeks in a row with the same driver.

Davie

Banned

06 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm #244
I don't think so, the FAB56 ones are usually fine.
Davie
06 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm #244

I don't think so, the FAB56 ones are usually fine.

DanPicken

Banned

06 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm #245
(06 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm)Davie I don't think so, the FAB56 ones are usually fine.

I've only had problems with the C&C and the 7 once they stopped working 20 mins outside Durham.
DanPicken
06 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm #245

(06 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm)Davie I don't think so, the FAB56 ones are usually fine.

I've only had problems with the C&C and the 7 once they stopped working 20 mins outside Durham.

Davie

Banned

06 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm #246
(06 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm)DanPicken I've only had problems with the C&C and the 7 once they stopped working 20 mins outside Durham.
Same with me.
Davie
06 Feb 2016, 8:35 pm #246

(06 Feb 2016, 8:34 pm)DanPicken I've only had problems with the C&C and the 7 once they stopped working 20 mins outside Durham.
Same with me.

Adrian

06 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm #247
Send them an email for each occurrence, and do it on the day you notice it. I suppose like everything else, the more examples they get, the more likely they are able to identify and resolve the issue.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm #247

Send them an email for each occurrence, and do it on the day you notice it. I suppose like everything else, the more examples they get, the more likely they are able to identify and resolve the issue.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Davie

Banned

06 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm #248
(06 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm)Adrian Send them an email for each occurrence, and do it on the day you notice it. I suppose like everything else, the more examples they get, the more likely they are able to identify and resolve the issue.
I think I might do that then, I can't see how they work on the Red Kite Streetlite's, yet not the Coast & Country.
Davie
06 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm #248

(06 Feb 2016, 8:39 pm)Adrian Send them an email for each occurrence, and do it on the day you notice it. I suppose like everything else, the more examples they get, the more likely they are able to identify and resolve the issue.
I think I might do that then, I can't see how they work on the Red Kite Streetlite's, yet not the Coast & Country.

06 Feb 2016, 8:47 pm #249
(06 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm)Davie I think I might do that then, I can't see how they work on the Red Kite Streetlite's, yet not the Coast & Country.

Maybe more people use the wifi?

Best bus ever
biglugs@yahoo.com
06 Feb 2016, 8:47 pm #249

(06 Feb 2016, 8:43 pm)Davie I think I might do that then, I can't see how they work on the Red Kite Streetlite's, yet not the Coast & Country.

Maybe more people use the wifi?

Best bus ever

BusLoverMum

06 Feb 2016, 9:02 pm #250

The only buses I caught today with plug sockets were the 22 streetlites and we know it's not even worth trying those ones. Thankfully, I had my power bar fully charged, as I was losing signal on three a lot, today, even in the middle of Newcastle, and that tends to drain my battery really quickly, as my phone's dual SIM.
BusLoverMum
06 Feb 2016, 9:02 pm #250

The only buses I caught today with plug sockets were the 22 streetlites and we know it's not even worth trying those ones. Thankfully, I had my power bar fully charged, as I was losing signal on three a lot, today, even in the middle of Newcastle, and that tends to drain my battery really quickly, as my phone's dual SIM.

Davie

Banned

06 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm #251
(06 Feb 2016, 8:47 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Maybe more people use the wifi?
I didn't think the amount people who use the WiFi had anything to do with the sockets being faulty?
Davie
06 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm #251

(06 Feb 2016, 8:47 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Maybe more people use the wifi?
I didn't think the amount people who use the WiFi had anything to do with the sockets being faulty?

citaro5284

06 Feb 2016, 9:22 pm #252
(06 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm)Davie I didn't think the amount people who use the WiFi had anything to do with the sockets being faulty?

You are right, the 2 are not connected.
citaro5284
06 Feb 2016, 9:22 pm #252

(06 Feb 2016, 9:19 pm)Davie I didn't think the amount people who use the WiFi had anything to do with the sockets being faulty?

You are right, the 2 are not connected.

06 Feb 2016, 11:34 pm #253
I've decided to do Hexham next Saturday, and get my photos of the Tynedale Links (and alternatively liveried) MPDs, as well as the loan Solo and the B10BLE that is over there at present (unless it has changed by then). Will most likely have a walk to the depot while I'm over there, but will otherwise probably be floating around the bus station area. Might get some photos up at the railway station also. I'll most likely provide a review in a similar format to the reviews of recent weeks.
R852 PRG
06 Feb 2016, 11:34 pm #253

I've decided to do Hexham next Saturday, and get my photos of the Tynedale Links (and alternatively liveried) MPDs, as well as the loan Solo and the B10BLE that is over there at present (unless it has changed by then). Will most likely have a walk to the depot while I'm over there, but will otherwise probably be floating around the bus station area. Might get some photos up at the railway station also. I'll most likely provide a review in a similar format to the reviews of recent weeks.

Davie

Banned

07 Feb 2016, 12:04 am #254
(06 Feb 2016, 11:34 pm)R852 PRG I've decided to do Hexham next Saturday, and get my photos of the Tynedale Links (and alternatively liveried) MPDs, as well as the loan Solo and the B10BLE that is over there at present (unless it has changed by then). Will most likely have a walk to the depot while I'm over there, but will otherwise probably be floating around the bus station area. Might get some photos up at the railway station also. I'll most likely provide a review in a similar format to the reviews of recent weeks.
4900 is the Renown currently on loan to Hexham.
Davie
07 Feb 2016, 12:04 am #254

(06 Feb 2016, 11:34 pm)R852 PRG I've decided to do Hexham next Saturday, and get my photos of the Tynedale Links (and alternatively liveried) MPDs, as well as the loan Solo and the B10BLE that is over there at present (unless it has changed by then). Will most likely have a walk to the depot while I'm over there, but will otherwise probably be floating around the bus station area. Might get some photos up at the railway station also. I'll most likely provide a review in a similar format to the reviews of recent weeks.
4900 is the Renown currently on loan to Hexham.

13 Feb 2016, 10:00 pm #255
Saturday 13th February 2016

My outing from today, on a North East Explorer:

08:35 X21 6035 Chester-le-Street Corals to Gateshead Interchange
I'd arranged to meet fellow forum member Jimmi in Newcastle, catch the 09:30 X20 up to Ashington, and have a day out in the Northumberland area before returning to Newcastle via Blyth, Whitley Bay, North Shields and Wallsend. I made the usual twenty minute walk into Chester-le-Street, arriving on the Front Street for around 08:15. I'd decided to catch the 08:28 X21 service through to Newcastle; in hopes of another Pronto President, before they are removed from the service when the Streetdecks arrive. 6035 was my chariot, running a few minutes late and with no more than five passengers already on board. I sat at the back, and all of a sudden, we stopped outside of Chester-le-Street depot. I saw Ben Stoves was leaving the depot with 5401 as we passed. The driver told us that we were waiting for some water to be added to the coolant, and within a few minutes, the engine died. About five minutes of silent waiting ensued, before the driver got back in his cab and started 6035 up again. He thrashed it down the A1(M), taking a few shortcuts to get us to Gateshead as quick as possible, as we were dreadfully late, but upon arrival at Gateshead Interchange, the driver got out of his cab and asked us all to alight here and get on another bus. He was one of the older members of staff at Crook, I think he may have worked for OK Travel.

09:04 21 6067 Gateshead Interchange to Newcastle Eldon Square
I conversed with the driver of 6035 briefly about the new buses, and he told me when they would be on the road. After departing his company, he parked up in the layovers, and I headed to find another bus through to Newcastle. Angel Hybrid 6067 was the first to appear, so I decided to catch that. One of the leading drivers at Chester-le-Street was at the wheel. The engine sounded incredibly rough, which was quite unusual, as I think the Hybrids are usually spot on. Think it may have been in limp mode as it was going very slowly. I can still vividly remember how much of a novelty these were when they entered service in October 2012, with the plush headrests, free WiFi and Next Stop Announcements (although the lattermost quickly became something of a liberty); all of which are now expected by customers upon hearing news of brand new buses.

09:23 X20 7413 Newcastle Haymarket to Ashington Bus Station
I walked across to Haymarket, floated around the stand for the X20, and Jimmi soon arrived, as arranged. We were initially going to stay in the Durham area today, to bash some of the Lowlanders, but decided to do something else instead. Ex-London and recent entry into service 7413 was our vehicle for the run up to Ashington. Fortunately, we managed to seat ourselves at the front upstairs, Jimmi took the nearside while I sat above the driver on the offside. Another forum member boarded this run, and sat downstairs, later alighting at Regent Centre. This was my first experience of one of these, and I have to say I thought it was quite decent. Didn't have any issues getting up to speed on the motorway, and it was very smooth, with few rattles. The internal refurbishment was quite nice too, in my opinion. When we got to Ashington, we jumped ship for a few photos.

10:30 1 1791 Ashington Bus Station to Blyth Bus Station
7415, an example identical to the vehicle we had just been on, was parked up in the layover, out of service, so we took a few photos of it. Blyth's 1791 soon appeared, with the 10:32 service 1 to Blyth, so we decided to catch this across rather than stick around in the slowly deteriorating weather. The driver was incredibly pleasant and greeted me as I boarded. We sat at the back for this journey, this MPD was very fast and had no issues with acceleration, but I find that can be a common trait of some MPDs. One thing that must be note, however, is how busy this run got. Standing room only at more than one point. I think a full-time allocation of Pulsars would be more suitable than MPDs. After an alright journey from Ashington, we arrived into Blyth at 11:10.

11:24 308 7808 Blyth Bus Station to Whitley Bay Town Centre
Following some photos at Blyth, where we caught another of the ex-London B7TLs amongst various other MAX Geminis and Coastliner Hybrids, we boarded 7808 on the 11:27 308 service, intent on travelling as far as Whitley Bay before alighting there for some photos. A passenger had spilled some strange substance all over the front of the upper saloon, so we sat behind the stairs. I've had only two experiences of the Hybrids on the 308 before; both of which were from Newcastle to Blyth (although I bailed at Whitley Bay on the second occasion – as I was feeling suicidal with the stop-start nature of the route and how hot it was). The bus left Blyth with a very small load, and the journey to Whitley Bay was excellent, with very few stops and the pleasant scenery out to sea providing a splendid backdrop. We passed citaro5284 at Seaton Sluice; he was on his way to the fish and chips shop on one of his usual Saturday jaunts.

12:24 17 4915 Whitley Bay Town Centre to North Shields Town Centre
We photographed a few Coastliner Hybrids and Cobalt Clipper B9TLs while we were in Whitley Bay, and we decided to catch the 12:16 17 service to North Shields, in hopes of a native Volvo B10BLE. Thankfully, our luck was in, as, although it was running late and that was not great in the downpour at the time, 4915 appeared. I led Jimmi to the back, to allow us to experience the full thrash. As per usual, a fantastic journey, I needed 4915 for haulage (one of the few B10s required!) so this was another bonus. Alighted in North Shields, where we got some photos of it, and then looked around helplessly in a vain attempt to locate the stand for the 1 to Gateshead/Wrekenton. 

13:08 1 5274/5269 North Shields Town Centre to Wallsend The Forum
Eventually, we managed to find the bus stop we were looking for, with the help of Google Maps. Before long, I sighted a red OmniCity coming along in the distance, operating the 13:09 1 service from that stop. We managed to secure the seats at the emergency exit, where the legroom is plentiful. Was a smooth journey, and was only disrupted when we arrived at Percy Main, where the driver got out of his cab and informed us of a vehicle switchover. Coaster branded 5269 was our replacement, and it was much colder than 5274, which wasn't great given how bad it was outside. Nevertheless, it provided an enjoyable journey up until Wallsend, where we chose to alight.

13:58 12 19388 Wallsend Interchange to Newcastle Blackett Street
We walked through the hail (which was actually physically painful) and down into the interchange. Blyth's 7458, a unique vehicle within the Arriva fleet, was parked up out of service, in between duties on the Metro Replacement 900 service. I had a desire to bash it, but decided against it when I saw a Metro coming in, and loads of people descending into the interchange to catch it. Photographed 549, the oldest MPD branded for the North Tyne Links, and would have had 554 as well, but the driver shook his finger at us as if to tell us we weren't allowed, so we didn't bother. He smiled as if to say thank you as he exited the interchange, which seemed quite odd, but most likely just out of appreciation for us not taking his photo. Presumably he's on Yewtree's hitlist. Caught Stagecoach Enviro400 19388 on the 12 to Newcastle, which was an enjoyable and fast journey.

14:36 33 110 Newcastle Pilgrim Street to Regent Centre Interchange
We saw Kingsley's Cadet 110 as we turned onto John Dobson Street, and as I needed a photo as well as a ride on it since it's arrival in the Kingsley's fleet a few months ago, I decided it was a good idea to bash this across to Regent Centre. On Pilgrim Street, it turned the corner and I got a photograph of it before crossing over and joining Jimmi on board, double checking that Explorers were valid with the driver, to be flagged on by him. I noticed a few internal differences from when it was with Go North East. The nice Allison gearbox made easy work of the undemanding route up to Regent Centre, passing through Jesmond, one of the nicest suburbs of Newcastle. It didn't sound the same as when it was with Go North East, a bit rougher and poorly-kept, but it did the job. Was nice to have 110 cleared for photo and haulage.

15:10 X14 4659 Regent Centre Interchange to Newcastle Haymarket
After jumping off 110, Jimmi and I got some photos at Regent Centre, observing Sapphire 7527 take a load from the Sapphire behind, with the Sapphire behind it then spinning around on a run to Newbiggin. We received a middle finger from an OAP on a Pulsar; I swiftly returned it. I noticed a MAX OmniCity was coming in, and as I needed one of the Ashington-based examples for haulage, I decided we'd catch that back to Newcastle. The loading on it was about half full, but we managed to sit together, at the seats before the quadrant on the offside. Was quite an enjoyable journey, and within ten minutes, we arrived back into Haymarket. 

15:28 21 3962 Newcastle Eldon Square to Chester-le-Street Clifford Terrace
We went to get some shots of buses on Percy Street, and I noticed Ben Stoves, who I spent the morning with last Saturday, was driving Volvo B7TL/Wright Gemini 3962 on a 21 for Durham, so Jimmi and I decided to catch this back. Ben greeted me as I boarded, and I stood at the front to talk to him while Jimmi headed upstairs. I noticed 3962 had some new seating installed; it looked incredibly smart as the previous Civic V3 seating had become very shabby and tatty over time. Ben mentioned that Biglugs had boarded 5401 on his 50 earlier in the day, from Concord to Boldon ASDA. He told me that he was driving 14s and X22s tomorrow morning, followed by the 28 and the 34A in the afternoon, but I had stuff on, although I may have otherwise joined him for some photos en-route. Upon arrival in Chester-le-Street, I jumped off for a photo of him driving, as did Jimmi, although Jimmi headed to Tesco, so I thanked him for his company and we parted ways. When we got to my local stop, Ben held on for a moment, and allowed me to cross over and get a photo of 3962 there, which came out quite well. As I was about to start my long walk home, I was most surprised to see MurdnunoC was parked up in a van, I went to converse with him for a while, and he informed me that he was waiting there on purpose as he suspected I would get off a bus there at around 16:00. I'm too predictable, that's for sure. Will make sure of something else next time!

It was a great Explorer overall; I certainly enjoyed myself and amassed a good amount of photos. New haulages include: 7413, 1791, 7808, 4915, 5269, 19388, 110 and 4659. Thanks to Jimmi for his company. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thank you for reading.

R852 PRG
Edited 02 Apr 2016, 9:32 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
13 Feb 2016, 10:00 pm #255

Saturday 13th February 2016

My outing from today, on a North East Explorer:

08:35 X21 6035 Chester-le-Street Corals to Gateshead Interchange
I'd arranged to meet fellow forum member Jimmi in Newcastle, catch the 09:30 X20 up to Ashington, and have a day out in the Northumberland area before returning to Newcastle via Blyth, Whitley Bay, North Shields and Wallsend. I made the usual twenty minute walk into Chester-le-Street, arriving on the Front Street for around 08:15. I'd decided to catch the 08:28 X21 service through to Newcastle; in hopes of another Pronto President, before they are removed from the service when the Streetdecks arrive. 6035 was my chariot, running a few minutes late and with no more than five passengers already on board. I sat at the back, and all of a sudden, we stopped outside of Chester-le-Street depot. I saw Ben Stoves was leaving the depot with 5401 as we passed. The driver told us that we were waiting for some water to be added to the coolant, and within a few minutes, the engine died. About five minutes of silent waiting ensued, before the driver got back in his cab and started 6035 up again. He thrashed it down the A1(M), taking a few shortcuts to get us to Gateshead as quick as possible, as we were dreadfully late, but upon arrival at Gateshead Interchange, the driver got out of his cab and asked us all to alight here and get on another bus. He was one of the older members of staff at Crook, I think he may have worked for OK Travel.

09:04 21 6067 Gateshead Interchange to Newcastle Eldon Square
I conversed with the driver of 6035 briefly about the new buses, and he told me when they would be on the road. After departing his company, he parked up in the layovers, and I headed to find another bus through to Newcastle. Angel Hybrid 6067 was the first to appear, so I decided to catch that. One of the leading drivers at Chester-le-Street was at the wheel. The engine sounded incredibly rough, which was quite unusual, as I think the Hybrids are usually spot on. Think it may have been in limp mode as it was going very slowly. I can still vividly remember how much of a novelty these were when they entered service in October 2012, with the plush headrests, free WiFi and Next Stop Announcements (although the lattermost quickly became something of a liberty); all of which are now expected by customers upon hearing news of brand new buses.

09:23 X20 7413 Newcastle Haymarket to Ashington Bus Station
I walked across to Haymarket, floated around the stand for the X20, and Jimmi soon arrived, as arranged. We were initially going to stay in the Durham area today, to bash some of the Lowlanders, but decided to do something else instead. Ex-London and recent entry into service 7413 was our vehicle for the run up to Ashington. Fortunately, we managed to seat ourselves at the front upstairs, Jimmi took the nearside while I sat above the driver on the offside. Another forum member boarded this run, and sat downstairs, later alighting at Regent Centre. This was my first experience of one of these, and I have to say I thought it was quite decent. Didn't have any issues getting up to speed on the motorway, and it was very smooth, with few rattles. The internal refurbishment was quite nice too, in my opinion. When we got to Ashington, we jumped ship for a few photos.

10:30 1 1791 Ashington Bus Station to Blyth Bus Station
7415, an example identical to the vehicle we had just been on, was parked up in the layover, out of service, so we took a few photos of it. Blyth's 1791 soon appeared, with the 10:32 service 1 to Blyth, so we decided to catch this across rather than stick around in the slowly deteriorating weather. The driver was incredibly pleasant and greeted me as I boarded. We sat at the back for this journey, this MPD was very fast and had no issues with acceleration, but I find that can be a common trait of some MPDs. One thing that must be note, however, is how busy this run got. Standing room only at more than one point. I think a full-time allocation of Pulsars would be more suitable than MPDs. After an alright journey from Ashington, we arrived into Blyth at 11:10.

11:24 308 7808 Blyth Bus Station to Whitley Bay Town Centre
Following some photos at Blyth, where we caught another of the ex-London B7TLs amongst various other MAX Geminis and Coastliner Hybrids, we boarded 7808 on the 11:27 308 service, intent on travelling as far as Whitley Bay before alighting there for some photos. A passenger had spilled some strange substance all over the front of the upper saloon, so we sat behind the stairs. I've had only two experiences of the Hybrids on the 308 before; both of which were from Newcastle to Blyth (although I bailed at Whitley Bay on the second occasion – as I was feeling suicidal with the stop-start nature of the route and how hot it was). The bus left Blyth with a very small load, and the journey to Whitley Bay was excellent, with very few stops and the pleasant scenery out to sea providing a splendid backdrop. We passed citaro5284 at Seaton Sluice; he was on his way to the fish and chips shop on one of his usual Saturday jaunts.

12:24 17 4915 Whitley Bay Town Centre to North Shields Town Centre
We photographed a few Coastliner Hybrids and Cobalt Clipper B9TLs while we were in Whitley Bay, and we decided to catch the 12:16 17 service to North Shields, in hopes of a native Volvo B10BLE. Thankfully, our luck was in, as, although it was running late and that was not great in the downpour at the time, 4915 appeared. I led Jimmi to the back, to allow us to experience the full thrash. As per usual, a fantastic journey, I needed 4915 for haulage (one of the few B10s required!) so this was another bonus. Alighted in North Shields, where we got some photos of it, and then looked around helplessly in a vain attempt to locate the stand for the 1 to Gateshead/Wrekenton. 

13:08 1 5274/5269 North Shields Town Centre to Wallsend The Forum
Eventually, we managed to find the bus stop we were looking for, with the help of Google Maps. Before long, I sighted a red OmniCity coming along in the distance, operating the 13:09 1 service from that stop. We managed to secure the seats at the emergency exit, where the legroom is plentiful. Was a smooth journey, and was only disrupted when we arrived at Percy Main, where the driver got out of his cab and informed us of a vehicle switchover. Coaster branded 5269 was our replacement, and it was much colder than 5274, which wasn't great given how bad it was outside. Nevertheless, it provided an enjoyable journey up until Wallsend, where we chose to alight.

13:58 12 19388 Wallsend Interchange to Newcastle Blackett Street
We walked through the hail (which was actually physically painful) and down into the interchange. Blyth's 7458, a unique vehicle within the Arriva fleet, was parked up out of service, in between duties on the Metro Replacement 900 service. I had a desire to bash it, but decided against it when I saw a Metro coming in, and loads of people descending into the interchange to catch it. Photographed 549, the oldest MPD branded for the North Tyne Links, and would have had 554 as well, but the driver shook his finger at us as if to tell us we weren't allowed, so we didn't bother. He smiled as if to say thank you as he exited the interchange, which seemed quite odd, but most likely just out of appreciation for us not taking his photo. Presumably he's on Yewtree's hitlist. Caught Stagecoach Enviro400 19388 on the 12 to Newcastle, which was an enjoyable and fast journey.

14:36 33 110 Newcastle Pilgrim Street to Regent Centre Interchange
We saw Kingsley's Cadet 110 as we turned onto John Dobson Street, and as I needed a photo as well as a ride on it since it's arrival in the Kingsley's fleet a few months ago, I decided it was a good idea to bash this across to Regent Centre. On Pilgrim Street, it turned the corner and I got a photograph of it before crossing over and joining Jimmi on board, double checking that Explorers were valid with the driver, to be flagged on by him. I noticed a few internal differences from when it was with Go North East. The nice Allison gearbox made easy work of the undemanding route up to Regent Centre, passing through Jesmond, one of the nicest suburbs of Newcastle. It didn't sound the same as when it was with Go North East, a bit rougher and poorly-kept, but it did the job. Was nice to have 110 cleared for photo and haulage.

15:10 X14 4659 Regent Centre Interchange to Newcastle Haymarket
After jumping off 110, Jimmi and I got some photos at Regent Centre, observing Sapphire 7527 take a load from the Sapphire behind, with the Sapphire behind it then spinning around on a run to Newbiggin. We received a middle finger from an OAP on a Pulsar; I swiftly returned it. I noticed a MAX OmniCity was coming in, and as I needed one of the Ashington-based examples for haulage, I decided we'd catch that back to Newcastle. The loading on it was about half full, but we managed to sit together, at the seats before the quadrant on the offside. Was quite an enjoyable journey, and within ten minutes, we arrived back into Haymarket. 

15:28 21 3962 Newcastle Eldon Square to Chester-le-Street Clifford Terrace
We went to get some shots of buses on Percy Street, and I noticed Ben Stoves, who I spent the morning with last Saturday, was driving Volvo B7TL/Wright Gemini 3962 on a 21 for Durham, so Jimmi and I decided to catch this back. Ben greeted me as I boarded, and I stood at the front to talk to him while Jimmi headed upstairs. I noticed 3962 had some new seating installed; it looked incredibly smart as the previous Civic V3 seating had become very shabby and tatty over time. Ben mentioned that Biglugs had boarded 5401 on his 50 earlier in the day, from Concord to Boldon ASDA. He told me that he was driving 14s and X22s tomorrow morning, followed by the 28 and the 34A in the afternoon, but I had stuff on, although I may have otherwise joined him for some photos en-route. Upon arrival in Chester-le-Street, I jumped off for a photo of him driving, as did Jimmi, although Jimmi headed to Tesco, so I thanked him for his company and we parted ways. When we got to my local stop, Ben held on for a moment, and allowed me to cross over and get a photo of 3962 there, which came out quite well. As I was about to start my long walk home, I was most surprised to see MurdnunoC was parked up in a van, I went to converse with him for a while, and he informed me that he was waiting there on purpose as he suspected I would get off a bus there at around 16:00. I'm too predictable, that's for sure. Will make sure of something else next time!

It was a great Explorer overall; I certainly enjoyed myself and amassed a good amount of photos. New haulages include: 7413, 1791, 7808, 4915, 5269, 19388, 110 and 4659. Thanks to Jimmi for his company. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thank you for reading.

R852 PRG

16 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm #256
Tuesday 16th February 2016

Had a little jolly on a Get Around day ticket today, given that it's half-term and I've got a week off; otherwise, I'd end up climbing the walls in my house with boredom. Just a brief review:

#36 - Chester-le-Street Red Lion to Houghton-le-Spring Church - Go North East 4903
#36 - Houghton-le-Spring Church to Chester-le-Street Corals - Go North East 5326
#X21 - Chester-le-Street Red Lion to Durham Bus Station - Go North East 6040
#16A - Durham Bus Station to Stanley Bus Station - Go North East 3876
#16 - Stanley Bus Station to Durham Bus Station - Go North East 3876
#X21 - Durham Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Corals - Go North East 3878

I did my usual 20 minute walk into Chester-le-Street, arriving on Front Street for around 08:30. Photographed some of the usual goings on, and I was overjoyed to see Deptford-based B10BLE 4903 coming in with what would then form the 09:45 36 to Town End Farm. The driver had about ten minutes to layover, so I floated around in anticipation. During this period of time, an old acquaintance of mine came in with an Angel 21 service, for Durham. He was awaiting his relief driver; his name is Les, and he is a long-serving member of staff at Go North East, with 43 years of service, having come out of the armed forces and into the industry in 1972. Based at Washington for a number of years, he then spent a while instructing in the training school, before coming to Chester-le-Street about twenty years ago (if I can remember correctly). He now only works part-time, as he is semi-retired and in his 60s, spending most of his time rostered on 21s. I first befriended him when he spent a while covering my scholars service a few years ago; to be quite honest, I was surprised he was still around. We had a quick conversation, during which he informed me of his disliking for the Streetlites on the 8/78. Ever optimistic, he said he was still enjoying his job, which I was pleased to hear. When 4903 appeared, I said goodbye to Les and headed up to the stand for the 36. Whilst 4903 was based at Stanley, prior to the arrival of the Streetlites in May 2015, it frequently appeared in Chester-le-Street, but now it only ever returns if it sees allocation to the 36. I hadn't been on 4903 in some time, so was intrigued to see how much it had changed. Unfortunately, it was quite laggy, and didn't really top 35mph, which was disappointing. Nevertheless, it was nice to ride through some sections of the 78 route that once frequently saw B10BLEs, such as Great Lumley. 

When Houghton-le-Spring came, I alighted and got some photos of 4903 (which didn't come out great due to the position of the sun), as well as 4970 and two Connections4 Citaros. One of the Citaros was being driven by a young, attractive female driver who seems to have caught the attention of quite a few members on the forum. 58-plate Citaro 5326 soon appeared with a 36 for Chester-le-Street, and as it was freezing cold, I decided to catch this back rather than stick around. I boarded and made my way to the very back, as is standard procedure with a Citaro, and was annoyed to see Drifter 5376 behind us, making an incredibly rare appearance on the 38. Would have been a good photo opportunity, but in hindsight, the things that came later in the day made catching that 36 back the better decision to make. The journey back to my hometown was smooth and enjoyable, although the bus filled up by Great Lumley, with few seats remaining available. 

Upon arrival back in Chester-le-Street, I took a few photos and floated around, before I decided I'd head to Durham next. The first bus to appear was Pronto 6040, with the 11:05 X21 to Bishop Auckland. As the Presidents at Crook have only a limited amount of time left on the X21, with the Streetdecks due to enter service in the near future, I decided to bash this across to Durham, for what could possibly be my last ride on 6040. Sat at the back in the lower saloon, on the offside. I enjoyed listening to the engine roaring as it was flat out on the A167, and the cooling fans came on at one point. Was an enjoyable journey on the whole, when we got to Durham, I alighted and made my way up to the North Road roundabout for some photos. I noticed the amount of Y-reg Lowlanders roaming around, and I've now decided to focus on bashing them this Saturday. About twenty minutes of photos ensued, before I spied Stanley-based Lolyne 3876 coming around the roundabout, covering for a branded Citaro on the Durham Diamond services. As I love the Lolynes, as is frequently stated in my reviews, I decided to catch this up to Stanley.

When I boarded, I noted that this was the 16A, and thus only travelling as far as Stanley before terminating and then returning to Durham. With this in mind, I decided to therefore alight at Stanley and then catch it back to Durham. The interior was very well kept, and as I usually do with Lolynes, I sat at the back downstairs, on the offside. Seating was very comfortable, with the graffiti moquette seating clearly being reupholstered recently. While some of the Lolynes have the traditional graffiti moquette seating, some are refurbished so that they sport the commonly found blue ''Go'' moquette seating. It was a typical run behind a Lolyne up until the University Hospital, not really topping any great speeds, but the harmonious sound of the Cummins engine hard at work provided some makeshift entertainment. When we began to hit the countryside (as many of you will know, the 16/16A between Durham and Stanley has some very scenic parts to the route), the driver started to put his foot to the floor; thrashing 3876 along at some tremendous speeds. I was absolutely astonished at how fast we managed to go at one point, it must have been close to 50mph, which I don't think I've ever had occur in my experience of riding the Lolynes. An excellent run up to Stanley, but I wasn't sad to alight here, as I intended to catch 3876 back to Durham. A few minutes passed, as the driver had thrashed it so much that we'd arrived well ahead of schedule, and then I opted to board again. Decided to sit upstairs this time, though. Even from the upper saloon, I could hear the soothing sound of the mellifluous engine hard at work. Once again, the driver caned 3876 on some of the open stretches. I was saddened to have to get off in Durham, but, luckily, this wasn't to be the end of my Lolyne bash. 

I headed back up to the top of the bus station, and stood for only a short period of time, before I could hear the unmistakable sound of a Lolyne approaching (again!). This time, it was on a Newcastle-bound X21, with Chester-le-Street's 3878 in charge. 3878 is my favourite of the 4 Tridents still in service at the depot, for sentimental reasons. I opted to jaunt back to Chester-le-Street on this vehicle, as I'm always quite happy to see it. Once more, I took the offside seat at the rear of the downstairs saloon. I noted how hot it was coming from the engine, as I was able to feel the tremendous heat coming through the seating. Sadly, the interior of 3878 was much more worn than that of 3876, but it was yet another unrefurbished Lolyne, so I was completely fine with that. The euphonious sound of the Cummins powering along the A167 was marvellous. I don't understand why the Lolynes are so maligned by the wider enthusiast community, as I think they're fantastic. Each to their own, I suppose. 

I alighted at the bottom of the Front Street, and crossed over to the island located half way across, where I take many of my photos from when I'm in Chester-le-Street. With that done, I turned and saw Beamish branded 5419 with a 78 for Sunderland, so I got some photos of that, and then began to make the onerous climb up the incline that is the Front Street. This turned out to be worth it, however, as I therefore managed to get a photograph of 3869, yet another Lolyne, at a halt in the middle of the Front Street. 3869 is my most photographed of Chester-le-Street's Lolynes (3872 keeps avoiding me...), but having another photograph of it is always good for archival purposes. I headed into BonBons, a local independently-run confectionary specialist located half-way up the Front Street. The owners are family friends, and I managed to secure my work experience placement, which takes place at the end of this academic year, during my time in there, having a catch-up with them. 

I had a superb day out, overall. I may have another outing over the next few days, but if otherwise, I will definitely be out hunting Lowlanders on Saturday. Photographs from today are available to view on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/

Thanks for reading. Smile

R852 PRG
Edited 02 Apr 2016, 9:33 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
16 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm #256

Tuesday 16th February 2016

Had a little jolly on a Get Around day ticket today, given that it's half-term and I've got a week off; otherwise, I'd end up climbing the walls in my house with boredom. Just a brief review:

#36 - Chester-le-Street Red Lion to Houghton-le-Spring Church - Go North East 4903
#36 - Houghton-le-Spring Church to Chester-le-Street Corals - Go North East 5326
#X21 - Chester-le-Street Red Lion to Durham Bus Station - Go North East 6040
#16A - Durham Bus Station to Stanley Bus Station - Go North East 3876
#16 - Stanley Bus Station to Durham Bus Station - Go North East 3876
#X21 - Durham Bus Station to Chester-le-Street Corals - Go North East 3878

I did my usual 20 minute walk into Chester-le-Street, arriving on Front Street for around 08:30. Photographed some of the usual goings on, and I was overjoyed to see Deptford-based B10BLE 4903 coming in with what would then form the 09:45 36 to Town End Farm. The driver had about ten minutes to layover, so I floated around in anticipation. During this period of time, an old acquaintance of mine came in with an Angel 21 service, for Durham. He was awaiting his relief driver; his name is Les, and he is a long-serving member of staff at Go North East, with 43 years of service, having come out of the armed forces and into the industry in 1972. Based at Washington for a number of years, he then spent a while instructing in the training school, before coming to Chester-le-Street about twenty years ago (if I can remember correctly). He now only works part-time, as he is semi-retired and in his 60s, spending most of his time rostered on 21s. I first befriended him when he spent a while covering my scholars service a few years ago; to be quite honest, I was surprised he was still around. We had a quick conversation, during which he informed me of his disliking for the Streetlites on the 8/78. Ever optimistic, he said he was still enjoying his job, which I was pleased to hear. When 4903 appeared, I said goodbye to Les and headed up to the stand for the 36. Whilst 4903 was based at Stanley, prior to the arrival of the Streetlites in May 2015, it frequently appeared in Chester-le-Street, but now it only ever returns if it sees allocation to the 36. I hadn't been on 4903 in some time, so was intrigued to see how much it had changed. Unfortunately, it was quite laggy, and didn't really top 35mph, which was disappointing. Nevertheless, it was nice to ride through some sections of the 78 route that once frequently saw B10BLEs, such as Great Lumley. 

When Houghton-le-Spring came, I alighted and got some photos of 4903 (which didn't come out great due to the position of the sun), as well as 4970 and two Connections4 Citaros. One of the Citaros was being driven by a young, attractive female driver who seems to have caught the attention of quite a few members on the forum. 58-plate Citaro 5326 soon appeared with a 36 for Chester-le-Street, and as it was freezing cold, I decided to catch this back rather than stick around. I boarded and made my way to the very back, as is standard procedure with a Citaro, and was annoyed to see Drifter 5376 behind us, making an incredibly rare appearance on the 38. Would have been a good photo opportunity, but in hindsight, the things that came later in the day made catching that 36 back the better decision to make. The journey back to my hometown was smooth and enjoyable, although the bus filled up by Great Lumley, with few seats remaining available. 

Upon arrival back in Chester-le-Street, I took a few photos and floated around, before I decided I'd head to Durham next. The first bus to appear was Pronto 6040, with the 11:05 X21 to Bishop Auckland. As the Presidents at Crook have only a limited amount of time left on the X21, with the Streetdecks due to enter service in the near future, I decided to bash this across to Durham, for what could possibly be my last ride on 6040. Sat at the back in the lower saloon, on the offside. I enjoyed listening to the engine roaring as it was flat out on the A167, and the cooling fans came on at one point. Was an enjoyable journey on the whole, when we got to Durham, I alighted and made my way up to the North Road roundabout for some photos. I noticed the amount of Y-reg Lowlanders roaming around, and I've now decided to focus on bashing them this Saturday. About twenty minutes of photos ensued, before I spied Stanley-based Lolyne 3876 coming around the roundabout, covering for a branded Citaro on the Durham Diamond services. As I love the Lolynes, as is frequently stated in my reviews, I decided to catch this up to Stanley.

When I boarded, I noted that this was the 16A, and thus only travelling as far as Stanley before terminating and then returning to Durham. With this in mind, I decided to therefore alight at Stanley and then catch it back to Durham. The interior was very well kept, and as I usually do with Lolynes, I sat at the back downstairs, on the offside. Seating was very comfortable, with the graffiti moquette seating clearly being reupholstered recently. While some of the Lolynes have the traditional graffiti moquette seating, some are refurbished so that they sport the commonly found blue ''Go'' moquette seating. It was a typical run behind a Lolyne up until the University Hospital, not really topping any great speeds, but the harmonious sound of the Cummins engine hard at work provided some makeshift entertainment. When we began to hit the countryside (as many of you will know, the 16/16A between Durham and Stanley has some very scenic parts to the route), the driver started to put his foot to the floor; thrashing 3876 along at some tremendous speeds. I was absolutely astonished at how fast we managed to go at one point, it must have been close to 50mph, which I don't think I've ever had occur in my experience of riding the Lolynes. An excellent run up to Stanley, but I wasn't sad to alight here, as I intended to catch 3876 back to Durham. A few minutes passed, as the driver had thrashed it so much that we'd arrived well ahead of schedule, and then I opted to board again. Decided to sit upstairs this time, though. Even from the upper saloon, I could hear the soothing sound of the mellifluous engine hard at work. Once again, the driver caned 3876 on some of the open stretches. I was saddened to have to get off in Durham, but, luckily, this wasn't to be the end of my Lolyne bash. 

I headed back up to the top of the bus station, and stood for only a short period of time, before I could hear the unmistakable sound of a Lolyne approaching (again!). This time, it was on a Newcastle-bound X21, with Chester-le-Street's 3878 in charge. 3878 is my favourite of the 4 Tridents still in service at the depot, for sentimental reasons. I opted to jaunt back to Chester-le-Street on this vehicle, as I'm always quite happy to see it. Once more, I took the offside seat at the rear of the downstairs saloon. I noted how hot it was coming from the engine, as I was able to feel the tremendous heat coming through the seating. Sadly, the interior of 3878 was much more worn than that of 3876, but it was yet another unrefurbished Lolyne, so I was completely fine with that. The euphonious sound of the Cummins powering along the A167 was marvellous. I don't understand why the Lolynes are so maligned by the wider enthusiast community, as I think they're fantastic. Each to their own, I suppose. 

I alighted at the bottom of the Front Street, and crossed over to the island located half way across, where I take many of my photos from when I'm in Chester-le-Street. With that done, I turned and saw Beamish branded 5419 with a 78 for Sunderland, so I got some photos of that, and then began to make the onerous climb up the incline that is the Front Street. This turned out to be worth it, however, as I therefore managed to get a photograph of 3869, yet another Lolyne, at a halt in the middle of the Front Street. 3869 is my most photographed of Chester-le-Street's Lolynes (3872 keeps avoiding me...), but having another photograph of it is always good for archival purposes. I headed into BonBons, a local independently-run confectionary specialist located half-way up the Front Street. The owners are family friends, and I managed to secure my work experience placement, which takes place at the end of this academic year, during my time in there, having a catch-up with them. 

I had a superb day out, overall. I may have another outing over the next few days, but if otherwise, I will definitely be out hunting Lowlanders on Saturday. Photographs from today are available to view on my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@N02/

Thanks for reading. Smile

R852 PRG

Jimmi

16 Feb 2016, 10:40 pm #257
(16 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm)R852 PRG 58-plate Citaro 5326 soon appeared with a 36 for Chester-le-Street, and as it was freezing cold, I decided to catch this back rather than stick around. I boarded and made my way to the very back, as is standard procedure with a Citaro, and was annoyed to see Drifter 5376 behind us, making an incredibly rare appearance on the 38. Would have been a good photo opportunity, but in hindsight, the things that came later in the day made catching that 36 back the better decision to make.

I nearly did the same with 5376 this afternoon, I was about to board the X1 to Hetton-le-Hole as I was sick of waiting for 3885 to turn up in a rather chilly Houghton-le-Spring, so I went to board the X1 but fortunately it pulled behind before I jumped on the X1. Nearly gave up on my search for 3885 but I stuck at it, I somehow feel slightly less sad about spending 30 minutes in Houghton-le-Spring after seeing the people queuing for 17 hours at the Stadium of Light for Beyonce tickets which they could have quite easily got online.

Wish Stanley could have provided me with a Lolyne on my 15 this morning instead of the rather naff 6016. May do some Lolyne bashing next week. Unlike you I can only get 3872!
Jimmi
16 Feb 2016, 10:40 pm #257

(16 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm)R852 PRG 58-plate Citaro 5326 soon appeared with a 36 for Chester-le-Street, and as it was freezing cold, I decided to catch this back rather than stick around. I boarded and made my way to the very back, as is standard procedure with a Citaro, and was annoyed to see Drifter 5376 behind us, making an incredibly rare appearance on the 38. Would have been a good photo opportunity, but in hindsight, the things that came later in the day made catching that 36 back the better decision to make.

I nearly did the same with 5376 this afternoon, I was about to board the X1 to Hetton-le-Hole as I was sick of waiting for 3885 to turn up in a rather chilly Houghton-le-Spring, so I went to board the X1 but fortunately it pulled behind before I jumped on the X1. Nearly gave up on my search for 3885 but I stuck at it, I somehow feel slightly less sad about spending 30 minutes in Houghton-le-Spring after seeing the people queuing for 17 hours at the Stadium of Light for Beyonce tickets which they could have quite easily got online.

Wish Stanley could have provided me with a Lolyne on my 15 this morning instead of the rather naff 6016. May do some Lolyne bashing next week. Unlike you I can only get 3872!

16 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm #258
(16 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm)R852 PRG Tuesday 16th February 2016

When I boarded, I noted that this was the 16A, and thus only travelling as far as Stanley before terminating and then returning to Durham. With this in mind, I decided to therefore alight at Stanley and then catch it back to Durham. The interior was very well kept, and as I usually do with Lolynes, I sat at the back downstairs, on the offside. Seating was very comfortable, with the graffiti moquette seating clearly being reupholstered recently. While some of the Lolynes have the traditional graffiti moquette seating, some are refurbished so that they sport the commonly found blue ''Go'' moquette seating. It was a typical run behind a Lolyne up until the University Hospital, not really topping any great speeds, but the harmonious sound of the Cummins L10 engine hard at work provided some makeshift entertainment. When we began to hit the countryside (as many of you will know, the 16/16A between Durham and Stanley has some very scenic parts to the route), the driver started to put his foot to the floor; thrashing 3876 along at some tremendous speeds. I was absolutely astonished at how fast we managed to go at one point, it must have been close to 50mph, which I don't think I've ever had occur in my experience of riding the Lolynes. An excellent run up to Stanley, but I wasn't sad to alight here, as I intended to catch 3876 back to Durham. A few minutes passed, as the driver had thrashed it so much that we'd arrived well ahead of schedule, and then I opted to board again. Decided to sit upstairs this time, though. Even from the upper saloon, I could hear the soothing sound of the mellifluous engine hard at work. Once again, the driver caned 3876 on some of the open stretches. I was saddened to have to get off in Durham, but, luckily, this wasn't to be the end of my Lolyne bash. 

I headed back up to the top of the bus station, and stood for only a short period of time, before I could hear the unmistakable sound of a Lolyne approaching (again!). This time, it was on a Newcastle-bound X21, with Chester-le-Street's 3878 in charge. 3878 is my favourite of the 4 Tridents still in service at the depot, for sentimental reasons. I opted to jaunt back to Chester-le-Street on this vehicle, as I'm always quite happy to see it. Once more, I took the offside seat at the rear of the downstairs saloon. I noted how hot it was coming from the engine, as I was able to feel the tremendous heat coming through the seating. Sadly, the interior of 3878 was much more worn than that of 3876, but it was yet another unrefurbished Lolyne, so I was completely fine with that. The euphonious sound of the Cummins L10 powering along the A167 was marvellous. I don't understand why the Lolynes are so maligned by the wider enthusiast community, as I think they're fantastic. Each to their own, I suppose. 

Marcus

Lolynes don't have Cummins L10 Engines, L10s are found in Older Olympians.
Euro 2 Dennis Tridents ( Lolynes ) Have Cummins C Series Engines
Edited 16 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm by South Tyne Lad.
South Tyne Lad
16 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm #258

(16 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm)R852 PRG Tuesday 16th February 2016

When I boarded, I noted that this was the 16A, and thus only travelling as far as Stanley before terminating and then returning to Durham. With this in mind, I decided to therefore alight at Stanley and then catch it back to Durham. The interior was very well kept, and as I usually do with Lolynes, I sat at the back downstairs, on the offside. Seating was very comfortable, with the graffiti moquette seating clearly being reupholstered recently. While some of the Lolynes have the traditional graffiti moquette seating, some are refurbished so that they sport the commonly found blue ''Go'' moquette seating. It was a typical run behind a Lolyne up until the University Hospital, not really topping any great speeds, but the harmonious sound of the Cummins L10 engine hard at work provided some makeshift entertainment. When we began to hit the countryside (as many of you will know, the 16/16A between Durham and Stanley has some very scenic parts to the route), the driver started to put his foot to the floor; thrashing 3876 along at some tremendous speeds. I was absolutely astonished at how fast we managed to go at one point, it must have been close to 50mph, which I don't think I've ever had occur in my experience of riding the Lolynes. An excellent run up to Stanley, but I wasn't sad to alight here, as I intended to catch 3876 back to Durham. A few minutes passed, as the driver had thrashed it so much that we'd arrived well ahead of schedule, and then I opted to board again. Decided to sit upstairs this time, though. Even from the upper saloon, I could hear the soothing sound of the mellifluous engine hard at work. Once again, the driver caned 3876 on some of the open stretches. I was saddened to have to get off in Durham, but, luckily, this wasn't to be the end of my Lolyne bash. 

I headed back up to the top of the bus station, and stood for only a short period of time, before I could hear the unmistakable sound of a Lolyne approaching (again!). This time, it was on a Newcastle-bound X21, with Chester-le-Street's 3878 in charge. 3878 is my favourite of the 4 Tridents still in service at the depot, for sentimental reasons. I opted to jaunt back to Chester-le-Street on this vehicle, as I'm always quite happy to see it. Once more, I took the offside seat at the rear of the downstairs saloon. I noted how hot it was coming from the engine, as I was able to feel the tremendous heat coming through the seating. Sadly, the interior of 3878 was much more worn than that of 3876, but it was yet another unrefurbished Lolyne, so I was completely fine with that. The euphonious sound of the Cummins L10 powering along the A167 was marvellous. I don't understand why the Lolynes are so maligned by the wider enthusiast community, as I think they're fantastic. Each to their own, I suppose. 

Marcus

Lolynes don't have Cummins L10 Engines, L10s are found in Older Olympians.

16 Feb 2016, 11:43 pm #259
(16 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm)South Tyne Lad Lolynes don't have Cummins L10 Engines, L10s are found in Older Olympians.

I knew I had half of it right. I've been studying Leyland Olympians far too much recently. I'll amend it now.
R852 PRG
16 Feb 2016, 11:43 pm #259

(16 Feb 2016, 11:09 pm)South Tyne Lad Lolynes don't have Cummins L10 Engines, L10s are found in Older Olympians.

I knew I had half of it right. I've been studying Leyland Olympians far too much recently. I'll amend it now.

16 Feb 2016, 11:58 pm #260
(16 Feb 2016, 11:43 pm)R852 PRG I knew I had half of it right. I've been studying Leyland Olympians far too much recently. I'll amend it now.

Youll probably know but Leyland Olympians had either : Leyland TL11         Coupled to a  ZF, Voith , Maxwell or Leyland Gearbox  Smile
                                                                              : Gardner 6LXB
                                                                              : Gardner 6LXCT
                                                                              : Cummins L10
Edited 16 Feb 2016, 11:59 pm by South Tyne Lad.
South Tyne Lad
16 Feb 2016, 11:58 pm #260

(16 Feb 2016, 11:43 pm)R852 PRG I knew I had half of it right. I've been studying Leyland Olympians far too much recently. I'll amend it now.

Youll probably know but Leyland Olympians had either : Leyland TL11         Coupled to a  ZF, Voith , Maxwell or Leyland Gearbox  Smile
                                                                              : Gardner 6LXB
                                                                              : Gardner 6LXCT
                                                                              : Cummins L10

Pages (16): Previous 112 13 1416 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average