Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Railway suggestions

Railway suggestions

Railway suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
markydh

27 Oct 2023, 10:16 pm #21
(27 Oct 2023, 3:55 pm)Unber43 So the Durham Coast Line - Nunthrope to newcastle will no longer continue to Hexham?

That’s almost right. It would be like this; -

Newcastle to Ashington (2 trains per hour)
Newcastle to Morpeth (1 tph)
Newcastle to Hexham (1 tph)
Newcastle to Carlisle (2 tph)
Newcastle to Middlesbrough (3 tp2h)

The same ‘hub system’ for Northern will also be created at Middlesbrough and Darlington with through trains being removed. It’s all about making delays self-contained. This won’t affect Transpennine services to Saltburn.

The other salient point is that Northern are acting as project lead for a national regional stock procurement plan, with the aim of replacing all 15x trains, probably with a mix of bi-mode and battery technology.
markydh
27 Oct 2023, 10:16 pm #21

(27 Oct 2023, 3:55 pm)Unber43 So the Durham Coast Line - Nunthrope to newcastle will no longer continue to Hexham?

That’s almost right. It would be like this; -

The same ‘hub system’ for Northern will also be created at Middlesbrough and Darlington with through trains being removed. It’s all about making delays self-contained. This won’t affect Transpennine services to Saltburn.

The other salient point is that Northern are acting as project lead for a national regional stock procurement plan, with the aim of replacing all 15x trains, probably with a mix of bi-mode and battery technology.

27 Oct 2023, 10:20 pm #22
(27 Oct 2023, 10:16 pm)markydh That’s almost right. It would be like this; -

Seems shot sighted to me, especially not putting services through to the Metrocentre at least.
deanmachine
27 Oct 2023, 10:20 pm #22

Seems shot sighted to me, especially not putting services through to the Metrocentre at least.

markydh

27 Oct 2023, 10:26 pm #23
There are 3tph to Metrocentre, though. There’s rarely a long wait. Besides, they got rid of the Metrocentre terminators for most of the day when Carlisle went 2 tph a few years ago.
markydh
27 Oct 2023, 10:26 pm #23

There are 3tph to Metrocentre, though. There’s rarely a long wait. Besides, they got rid of the Metrocentre terminators for most of the day when Carlisle went 2 tph a few years ago.

Storx

27 Oct 2023, 10:44 pm #24
(27 Oct 2023, 9:09 pm)Andreos1 But, I'd rather stuff like 170s or 185s were eventually cascaded on to the Durham Coast Line or Tyne Valley Line, than binned off completely.

Still prefer a 158 over both of them like.
Always had a soft-spot for them.

Aye good trains the Class 158's to be fair. Good little work horse.

Can't see the Class 185's going anywhere bar the scrap yard personally. Greedy trains those as an understatement. The Class 175's seem to be struggling to find a home aswell, never been on them but from a passenger point of view they always seem decent enough trains - aware of the big problems with their bigger brothers the Class 180's though.

Hopefully we can get some new trains for once for up here though, I'll count some chickens though, mind there has been talk of Hydrogen trains in Teesside on and off.
Storx
27 Oct 2023, 10:44 pm #24

(27 Oct 2023, 9:09 pm)Andreos1 But, I'd rather stuff like 170s or 185s were eventually cascaded on to the Durham Coast Line or Tyne Valley Line, than binned off completely.

Still prefer a 158 over both of them like.
Always had a soft-spot for them.

Aye good trains the Class 158's to be fair. Good little work horse.

Can't see the Class 185's going anywhere bar the scrap yard personally. Greedy trains those as an understatement. The Class 175's seem to be struggling to find a home aswell, never been on them but from a passenger point of view they always seem decent enough trains - aware of the big problems with their bigger brothers the Class 180's though.

Hopefully we can get some new trains for once for up here though, I'll count some chickens though, mind there has been talk of Hydrogen trains in Teesside on and off.

Unber43

28 Oct 2023, 12:23 am #25
atleast at Newcastle youre guaranteed an empty train to get on.

But while the durham coast line is at 3tp2hr, need more than just a two car 156, either 170/185 would be decent or two 156 together, I remember seeing three together on a Sunday
Unber43
28 Oct 2023, 12:23 am #25

atleast at Newcastle youre guaranteed an empty train to get on.

But while the durham coast line is at 3tp2hr, need more than just a two car 156, either 170/185 would be decent or two 156 together, I remember seeing three together on a Sunday

Jimmi

28 Oct 2023, 12:44 am #26

Mixed feelings on the splitting of routes, hoping it does help with delays and cancellations, there's been occasions where a Bishop Auckland bound service will be terminated at Darlington for even slight delays so start that trains next Saltburn trip on time from Darlington which I think is down to pathing on platforms 1 & 4? Often get slim to no notice of cancellations in this fashion, on one occasion, we literally found out once the train pulled onto the platform and the guard shouted for us not to board as it was cancelled beyond Darlo.

Supposedly, the Bishop Line will gain an extra service each hour taking it to 2tph over the current 1tph.
Jimmi
28 Oct 2023, 12:44 am #26

Mixed feelings on the splitting of routes, hoping it does help with delays and cancellations, there's been occasions where a Bishop Auckland bound service will be terminated at Darlington for even slight delays so start that trains next Saltburn trip on time from Darlington which I think is down to pathing on platforms 1 & 4? Often get slim to no notice of cancellations in this fashion, on one occasion, we literally found out once the train pulled onto the platform and the guard shouted for us not to board as it was cancelled beyond Darlo.

Supposedly, the Bishop Line will gain an extra service each hour taking it to 2tph over the current 1tph.

markydh

28 Oct 2023, 3:08 am #27
(28 Oct 2023, 12:44 am)Jimmi Mixed feelings on the splitting of routes, hoping it does help with delays and cancellations, there's been occasions where a Bishop Auckland bound service will be terminated at Darlington for even slight delays so start that trains next Saltburn trip on time from Darlington which I think is down to pathing on platforms 1 & 4? Often get slim to no notice of cancellations in this fashion, on one occasion, we literally found out once the train pulled onto the platform and the guard shouted for us not to board as it was cancelled beyond Darlo.

Yeah the Bishop - Saltburn route will be split. The intention I believe is to terminate Bishop services on the current platform 4 with the Boro trains using one of the new platforms to the east of the current station, rather than using the bays. The current platform 1 will become the main line northbound platform.
markydh
28 Oct 2023, 3:08 am #27

(28 Oct 2023, 12:44 am)Jimmi Mixed feelings on the splitting of routes, hoping it does help with delays and cancellations, there's been occasions where a Bishop Auckland bound service will be terminated at Darlington for even slight delays so start that trains next Saltburn trip on time from Darlington which I think is down to pathing on platforms 1 & 4? Often get slim to no notice of cancellations in this fashion, on one occasion, we literally found out once the train pulled onto the platform and the guard shouted for us not to board as it was cancelled beyond Darlo.

Yeah the Bishop - Saltburn route will be split. The intention I believe is to terminate Bishop services on the current platform 4 with the Boro trains using one of the new platforms to the east of the current station, rather than using the bays. The current platform 1 will become the main line northbound platform.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average