Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (24) Previous 122 23 24
30 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm #461
(30 Sep 2015, 7:41 pm)tyresmoke Well I had a visit to Thorntons today thanks to the Stockton inspectors who got me to take 1915 up for DDA modifications instead of running around on shuttles! Also had a good wander round, thanks to 1920 being a very awkward bus! They eventually got it working and I set off back to Stockton with it. All that has changed is moving the wheelchair backrest forwards, meaning the loss of a flip-down seat, plus an extra handrail across the windows and another grab pole at the back.
I've got some photos on my camera so will try and do a comparison, might be a while though as I'm rather busy for the next week or so!

Anyway, at Thorntons today were
1405 - arrived yesterday for refurb from Darlington (swap for 4652 going from Stockton to Darlington)
1493 - arrived while I was there, another one from Blyth for refurb
1502 - MAX painted, waiting for seats coming back
7601 - just painted into MAX, presumably lots of other work still needs doing
7602 - MAX painted, waiting for seats coming back, plus various other interior work going on I think
VLW102 - part way through the single door conversion, looks like they've not touched much of the interior yet though
Plus one more (which I presume is VLW103) that was in the back of the workshop.
Edit - forgot about the 7 Temsa's for Redcar! All still unpainted, talking to the lads up there they reckoned another month or so til they'll be ready. So the B10BLE's will be hanging on a bit longer!

Also various other buses from First, Go Ahead and Transdev

Meanwhile I was speaking to another supervisor at bishop Auckland out station and he said that 1404 will be moving to Stockton tonight/ tomorrow in place of either 4654 or 4658
Stuartphin1639
30 Sep 2015, 10:51 pm #461

(30 Sep 2015, 7:41 pm)tyresmoke Well I had a visit to Thorntons today thanks to the Stockton inspectors who got me to take 1915 up for DDA modifications instead of running around on shuttles! Also had a good wander round, thanks to 1920 being a very awkward bus! They eventually got it working and I set off back to Stockton with it. All that has changed is moving the wheelchair backrest forwards, meaning the loss of a flip-down seat, plus an extra handrail across the windows and another grab pole at the back.
I've got some photos on my camera so will try and do a comparison, might be a while though as I'm rather busy for the next week or so!

Anyway, at Thorntons today were
1405 - arrived yesterday for refurb from Darlington (swap for 4652 going from Stockton to Darlington)
1493 - arrived while I was there, another one from Blyth for refurb
1502 - MAX painted, waiting for seats coming back
7601 - just painted into MAX, presumably lots of other work still needs doing
7602 - MAX painted, waiting for seats coming back, plus various other interior work going on I think
VLW102 - part way through the single door conversion, looks like they've not touched much of the interior yet though
Plus one more (which I presume is VLW103) that was in the back of the workshop.
Edit - forgot about the 7 Temsa's for Redcar! All still unpainted, talking to the lads up there they reckoned another month or so til they'll be ready. So the B10BLE's will be hanging on a bit longer!

Also various other buses from First, Go Ahead and Transdev

Meanwhile I was speaking to another supervisor at bishop Auckland out station and he said that 1404 will be moving to Stockton tonight/ tomorrow in place of either 4654 or 4658

Pages (24) Previous 122 23 24

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average