North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Moderators

Moderators

Moderators

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

10 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm #1
The amount of users on the forum has increased rapidly in recent months. As such, we're looking to add another Forum Moderator to our team.

If interested, please drop me a Private Message and explain what you could bring to the team - nothing too formal given that this is just something we do in our free time..! All 'applications' (if they can be considered as that) will be considered by the forum's current moderation team.
Dan
10 Sep 2015, 7:36 pm #1

The amount of users on the forum has increased rapidly in recent months. As such, we're looking to add another Forum Moderator to our team.

If interested, please drop me a Private Message and explain what you could bring to the team - nothing too formal given that this is just something we do in our free time..! All 'applications' (if they can be considered as that) will be considered by the forum's current moderation team.

S813 FVK

12 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm #2
How has the response been for this post? I have been wondering how you will actually select the moderator.

I was thinking like an election style. Hold a poll allowing us users to vote on who we would like to see. That might be the way you planned to do it but i thought id put the suggestion out there for you to consider if not.
S813 FVK
12 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm #2

How has the response been for this post? I have been wondering how you will actually select the moderator.

I was thinking like an election style. Hold a poll allowing us users to vote on who we would like to see. That might be the way you planned to do it but i thought id put the suggestion out there for you to consider if not.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Sep 2015, 2:17 pm #3
(12 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm)S813 FVK How has the response been for this post? I have been wondering how you will actually select the moderator.

Yes, there's been quite a large number of messages sent my way (including some to elect other members).
Dan
12 Sep 2015, 2:17 pm #3

(12 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm)S813 FVK How has the response been for this post? I have been wondering how you will actually select the moderator.

Yes, there's been quite a large number of messages sent my way (including some to elect other members).

S813 FVK

12 Sep 2015, 2:26 pm #4
(12 Sep 2015, 2:17 pm)Dan Yes, there's been quite a large number of messages sent my way (including some to elect other members).

That is good to hear/read. I know who i'd like to see but i'm not going for it myself as much as i'd like to for a few reasons.
S813 FVK
12 Sep 2015, 2:26 pm #4

(12 Sep 2015, 2:17 pm)Dan Yes, there's been quite a large number of messages sent my way (including some to elect other members).

That is good to hear/read. I know who i'd like to see but i'm not going for it myself as much as i'd like to for a few reasons.

DanPicken

Banned

12 Sep 2015, 2:39 pm #5
(12 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm)S813 FVK How has the response been for this post? I have been wondering how you will actually select the moderator.

I'd rather it wasn't done like that as people might not want others knowing as favouritism will come into play.
DanPicken
12 Sep 2015, 2:39 pm #5

(12 Sep 2015, 2:12 pm)S813 FVK How has the response been for this post? I have been wondering how you will actually select the moderator.

I'd rather it wasn't done like that as people might not want others knowing as favouritism will come into play.

S813 FVK

12 Sep 2015, 2:49 pm #6
(12 Sep 2015, 2:39 pm)DanPicken I'd rather it wasn't done like that as people might not want others knowing as favouritism will come into play.

Favoritism comes into play in any vote. Members of the Labour party voted for Jeremy Corbyn to become leader because they favoured him over the other candidates because they thought he'd be the best leader.
S813 FVK
12 Sep 2015, 2:49 pm #6

(12 Sep 2015, 2:39 pm)DanPicken I'd rather it wasn't done like that as people might not want others knowing as favouritism will come into play.

Favoritism comes into play in any vote. Members of the Labour party voted for Jeremy Corbyn to become leader because they favoured him over the other candidates because they thought he'd be the best leader.

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Sep 2015, 3:06 pm #7
The decision will be made my the current moderation team.
Dan
12 Sep 2015, 3:06 pm #7

The decision will be made my the current moderation team.

Michael

12 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm #8
I didnt put my name down for it but i did select someone else
Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm #8

I didnt put my name down for it but i did select someone else
Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

17 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm #9
So your taking nominations from others as well as people nominating themselves

I personally would not mind election style voting, it happens in all walks of life in all kinds of situations, for something like this I would like to see the members get a shortlist of 2, maybe, 3 names,and whoever wins does so knowing they obviously have the backing of the members/users...It would be good in my opinion, but Dan gets my backing for the way it will be dealt...

Whoever is chosen to join the Admin, I am sure the right choice will me made...

Bet it will a hard decision to make, in my opinion there are some very intelligent people who use this site and those, I believe would be a good asset to NEB Big Grin
MrFozz
17 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm #9

So your taking nominations from others as well as people nominating themselves

I personally would not mind election style voting, it happens in all walks of life in all kinds of situations, for something like this I would like to see the members get a shortlist of 2, maybe, 3 names,and whoever wins does so knowing they obviously have the backing of the members/users...It would be good in my opinion, but Dan gets my backing for the way it will be dealt...

Whoever is chosen to join the Admin, I am sure the right choice will me made...

Bet it will a hard decision to make, in my opinion there are some very intelligent people who use this site and those, I believe would be a good asset to NEB Big Grin

Michael

17 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm #10
I don't like the idea of a poll, its already being said why its a bad idea.

It will be a hard to choose who will mod... any idea when we'll find out?
Edited 17 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Sep 2015, 10:22 pm #10

I don't like the idea of a poll, its already being said why its a bad idea.

It will be a hard to choose who will mod... any idea when we'll find out?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

17 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm #11
Problem with doing a poll is the most suitable candidate for the position of moderator may not be selected, instead it may go to someone who would be less suited to the role.
Jimmi
17 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm #11

Problem with doing a poll is the most suitable candidate for the position of moderator may not be selected, instead it may go to someone who would be less suited to the role.

Michael

17 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm #12
(17 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm)Jimmi Problem with doing a poll is the most suitable candidate for the position of moderator may not be selected, instead it may go to someone who would be less suited to the role.

And we don't want that.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm #12

(17 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm)Jimmi Problem with doing a poll is the most suitable candidate for the position of moderator may not be selected, instead it may go to someone who would be less suited to the role.

And we don't want that.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

18 Sep 2015, 1:05 am #13
(17 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm)Michael And we don't want that.....
I know one thing, our fearless leaders know what there doing and whatever decision they make will be the right one Big Grin
MrFozz
18 Sep 2015, 1:05 am #13

(17 Sep 2015, 10:38 pm)Michael And we don't want that.....
I know one thing, our fearless leaders know what there doing and whatever decision they make will be the right one Big Grin

Andreos1

20 Sep 2015, 8:25 am #14
In a rival operation, to the long established fozzes bookies, Constantopolous Odds Checker, have established some odds on the possible new mod/mods.

After analysing who the runners and riders may be (are Michael and Robert double bluffing?), suitable odds have been drawn up.

Obviously cash transactions aren't possible, but if anyone wants to gamble #NEBpoints (there's a blast from the past), drop me a message with the person you want to put a bet on. You aren't allowed to check your own odds.
Edited 20 Sep 2015, 8:26 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
20 Sep 2015, 8:25 am #14

In a rival operation, to the long established fozzes bookies, Constantopolous Odds Checker, have established some odds on the possible new mod/mods.

After analysing who the runners and riders may be (are Michael and Robert double bluffing?), suitable odds have been drawn up.

Obviously cash transactions aren't possible, but if anyone wants to gamble #NEBpoints (there's a blast from the past), drop me a message with the person you want to put a bet on. You aren't allowed to check your own odds.

21 Sep 2015, 2:40 pm #15
Yet, I'm the only one on here who (afaik) who actually works and often manages in a betting shop.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
21 Sep 2015, 2:40 pm #15

Yet, I'm the only one on here who (afaik) who actually works and often manages in a betting shop.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm #16
(21 Sep 2015, 2:40 pm)GMitchelhill Yet, I'm the only one on here who (afaik) who actually works and often manages in a betting shop.
which bookies you work in Gary
MrFozz
21 Sep 2015, 2:43 pm #16

(21 Sep 2015, 2:40 pm)GMitchelhill Yet, I'm the only one on here who (afaik) who actually works and often manages in a betting shop.
which bookies you work in Gary

Michael

21 Sep 2015, 2:44 pm #17
When will the new moderator be reveled?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Sep 2015, 2:44 pm #17

When will the new moderator be reveled?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

21 Sep 2015, 2:55 pm #18

It would be interesting to compare any professional odds you drew up, with mine!
Edited 21 Sep 2015, 2:57 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
21 Sep 2015, 2:55 pm #18

It would be interesting to compare any professional odds you drew up, with mine!

21 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm #19
I work for Coral racing Fozz.

Rapidsnap
21 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm #19

I work for Coral racing Fozz.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Sep 2015, 6:13 pm #20
(21 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm)GMitchelhill I work for Coral racing Fozz.
Does the Gary Mitchelhill Novelty Bets Division of Coral Racing intend on opening a book Big Grin
MrFozz
21 Sep 2015, 6:13 pm #20

(21 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm)GMitchelhill I work for Coral racing Fozz.
Does the Gary Mitchelhill Novelty Bets Division of Coral Racing intend on opening a book Big Grin

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average