Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (191): Previous 1181 182 183191 Next
Jimmi

02 Apr 2018, 8:28 pm #3,621
Got a bit of pain in my back
03 Apr 2018, 10:39 pm #3,622
My Samsung 4K TV has suddenly packed in tonight. Picture went distorted and went off and won’t come back on. Had it repaired a couple of weeks ago now it won’t work at all. Booked an engineer to come Thursday. Luckily I don’t have to pay as it’s covered with Sky Protect.

EDIT: tried it before I went to bed and it decided to work again

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Edited 04 Apr 2018, 11:47 am by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
03 Apr 2018, 10:39 pm #3,622

My Samsung 4K TV has suddenly packed in tonight. Picture went distorted and went off and won’t come back on. Had it repaired a couple of weeks ago now it won’t work at all. Booked an engineer to come Thursday. Luckily I don’t have to pay as it’s covered with Sky Protect.

EDIT: tried it before I went to bed and it decided to work again

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

BusLoverMum

04 Apr 2018, 11:04 am #3,623
The demise of Durham city centre has gone a step too far. It's bad enough that we're losing our favourite sources of lunch on the go - markses and pret - but now the Bells next to the bus station has gone and changed hands!
BusLoverMum
04 Apr 2018, 11:04 am #3,623

The demise of Durham city centre has gone a step too far. It's bad enough that we're losing our favourite sources of lunch on the go - markses and pret - but now the Bells next to the bus station has gone and changed hands!

Jimmi

04 Apr 2018, 11:53 am #3,624
(04 Apr 2018, 11:04 am)BusLoverMum The demise of Durham city centre has gone a step too far. It's bad enough that we're losing our favourite sources of lunch on the go - markses and pret - but now the Bells next to the bus station has gone and changed hands!

I noticed that when I was walking round the city centre on Easter Sunday to kill a few minutes, I gave up on Durham when HMV went the distance, happy memories of rushing there on Mondays during my lunch hour from college to buy new music releases, pity That's Entertainment went the distance as well. Still plenty of Greggs though
Jimmi
04 Apr 2018, 11:53 am #3,624

(04 Apr 2018, 11:04 am)BusLoverMum The demise of Durham city centre has gone a step too far. It's bad enough that we're losing our favourite sources of lunch on the go - markses and pret - but now the Bells next to the bus station has gone and changed hands!

I noticed that when I was walking round the city centre on Easter Sunday to kill a few minutes, I gave up on Durham when HMV went the distance, happy memories of rushing there on Mondays during my lunch hour from college to buy new music releases, pity That's Entertainment went the distance as well. Still plenty of Greggs though

Charles41

04 Apr 2018, 12:19 pm #3,625
(04 Apr 2018, 11:53 am)Jimmi I noticed that when I was walking round the city centre on Easter Sunday to kill a few minutes, I gave up on Durham when HMV went the distance, happy memories of rushing there on Mondays during my lunch hour from college to buy new music releases, pity That's Entertainment went the distance as well. Still plenty of Greggs though

I used to enjoy visiting HMV in Durham. I liked the old Oxfam book shop as well, got some great bargains there over the years. Also it was a lot handier when the Arriva garage was a few minutes walk from the bus station!

Charles
Charles41
04 Apr 2018, 12:19 pm #3,625

(04 Apr 2018, 11:53 am)Jimmi I noticed that when I was walking round the city centre on Easter Sunday to kill a few minutes, I gave up on Durham when HMV went the distance, happy memories of rushing there on Mondays during my lunch hour from college to buy new music releases, pity That's Entertainment went the distance as well. Still plenty of Greggs though

I used to enjoy visiting HMV in Durham. I liked the old Oxfam book shop as well, got some great bargains there over the years. Also it was a lot handier when the Arriva garage was a few minutes walk from the bus station!

Charles

BusLoverMum

04 Apr 2018, 5:57 pm #3,626

When Greggs stores start disappearing, we need to worry.

Forgot to add my disappearing hairdresser to the list. Stopped by to make some appointments in the new year and they'd been kicked out for not being able to pay the rent.

All I need now is for the bank to close it's doors and 90% of the places I regularly use in the city centre will have gone. This is all in the 4 months since we moved into the city! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is increasingly shopping at the Arnison centre or in Newcastle, instead.

I know they're hyping up the psyche store that's opening on silver street but, tbh, i was more likely to buy something from East than i would be from there.

Edited because autocorrect is doing some weird stuff to my posts on this forum. I just caught it in the act!
Edited 04 Apr 2018, 5:59 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
04 Apr 2018, 5:57 pm #3,626

When Greggs stores start disappearing, we need to worry.

Forgot to add my disappearing hairdresser to the list. Stopped by to make some appointments in the new year and they'd been kicked out for not being able to pay the rent.

All I need now is for the bank to close it's doors and 90% of the places I regularly use in the city centre will have gone. This is all in the 4 months since we moved into the city! I'm sure I'm not the only one who is increasingly shopping at the Arnison centre or in Newcastle, instead.

I know they're hyping up the psyche store that's opening on silver street but, tbh, i was more likely to buy something from East than i would be from there.

Edited because autocorrect is doing some weird stuff to my posts on this forum. I just caught it in the act!

BusLoverMum

04 Apr 2018, 6:14 pm #3,627
While I'm feeling ranty, I ventured out without an 'at, today, and now there's snow settling on the bins!
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20180404_191115200_HDR.jpg
Size: 182.95 KB / Downloads: 10
BusLoverMum
04 Apr 2018, 6:14 pm #3,627

While I'm feeling ranty, I ventured out without an 'at, today, and now there's snow settling on the bins!

Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20180404_191115200_HDR.jpg
Size: 182.95 KB / Downloads: 10

Jimmi

04 Apr 2018, 6:21 pm #3,628
(04 Apr 2018, 5:57 pm)BusLoverMum Edited because autocorrect is doing some weird stuff to my posts on this forum. I just caught it in the act!

I was having that issue for a little while whenever I used my phones browser to post on this forum (and only with this forum) but it seems to have sorted itself out now, although I mostly use Tapatalk anyway and luckily, I am now able to quote posts again on Tapatalk now.
Jimmi
04 Apr 2018, 6:21 pm #3,628

(04 Apr 2018, 5:57 pm)BusLoverMum Edited because autocorrect is doing some weird stuff to my posts on this forum. I just caught it in the act!

I was having that issue for a little while whenever I used my phones browser to post on this forum (and only with this forum) but it seems to have sorted itself out now, although I mostly use Tapatalk anyway and luckily, I am now able to quote posts again on Tapatalk now.

BusLoverMum

04 Apr 2018, 7:26 pm #3,629
(04 Apr 2018, 6:21 pm)Jimmi I was having that issue for a little while whenever I used my phones browser to post on this forum (and only with this forum) but it seems to have sorted itself out now, although I mostly use Tapatalk anyway and luckily, I am now able to quote posts again on Tapatalk now.

Frustrating because I'm not the most accurate thumb typist, as it is, particularly after a glass or 3 of vin plonk but the level of drivel my posts contain is often spectacular, even for me.
BusLoverMum
04 Apr 2018, 7:26 pm #3,629

(04 Apr 2018, 6:21 pm)Jimmi I was having that issue for a little while whenever I used my phones browser to post on this forum (and only with this forum) but it seems to have sorted itself out now, although I mostly use Tapatalk anyway and luckily, I am now able to quote posts again on Tapatalk now.

Frustrating because I'm not the most accurate thumb typist, as it is, particularly after a glass or 3 of vin plonk but the level of drivel my posts contain is often spectacular, even for me.

Jimmi

08 Apr 2018, 8:02 am #3,630
Greetings from a Travelodge in Manchester.

I have had great difficulty sleeping lately but by some miracle I was straight out last night, just a shame that I was woken up at around 4am by people talking loudly, walking up and down the corridor and banging the doors down, sure enough once I was rudely awoken, it took forever to get back to sleep again
Jimmi
08 Apr 2018, 8:02 am #3,630

Greetings from a Travelodge in Manchester.

I have had great difficulty sleeping lately but by some miracle I was straight out last night, just a shame that I was woken up at around 4am by people talking loudly, walking up and down the corridor and banging the doors down, sure enough once I was rudely awoken, it took forever to get back to sleep again

MurdnunoC

08 Apr 2018, 8:08 am #3,631
(08 Apr 2018, 8:02 am)Jimmi Greetings from a Travelodge in Manchester.

Fancy that, people talking loudly and coming back late after a night out to a well-used hotel chain in the middle of a busy and vibrant city.
MurdnunoC
08 Apr 2018, 8:08 am #3,631

(08 Apr 2018, 8:02 am)Jimmi Greetings from a Travelodge in Manchester.

Fancy that, people talking loudly and coming back late after a night out to a well-used hotel chain in the middle of a busy and vibrant city.

Jimmi

08 Apr 2018, 8:42 am #3,632
(08 Apr 2018, 8:08 am)MurdnunoC Fancy that, people talking loudly and coming back late after a night out to a well-used hotel chain in the middle of a busy and vibrant city.
So, it's deemed acceptable to do this at 4am but I dare be if I did the same thing at 8 or 9am, I'd chance to be getting a telling off or being asked to leave either by hotel staff or people staying in the hotel
Jimmi
08 Apr 2018, 8:42 am #3,632

(08 Apr 2018, 8:08 am)MurdnunoC Fancy that, people talking loudly and coming back late after a night out to a well-used hotel chain in the middle of a busy and vibrant city.
So, it's deemed acceptable to do this at 4am but I dare be if I did the same thing at 8 or 9am, I'd chance to be getting a telling off or being asked to leave either by hotel staff or people staying in the hotel

MurdnunoC

08 Apr 2018, 9:30 am #3,633
(08 Apr 2018, 8:42 am)Jimmi So, it's deemed acceptable to do this at 4am but I dare be if I did the same thing at 8 or 9am, I'd chance to be getting a telling off or being asked to leave either by hotel staff or people staying in the hotel

Do it. See what happens. 

The problem is noise is subjective. What is noisy (or unacceptable) to some may be normal (or acceptable) to other people. I think, in a hotel, you have to make some allowances for other guests as people like to enjoy themselves while on holiday - however annoying that may be. 

You mention the hotel staff. If the noise was that unbearable you could have reported it and, who knows, you might have gotten a free-nights stay to resolve your complaint.
MurdnunoC
08 Apr 2018, 9:30 am #3,633

(08 Apr 2018, 8:42 am)Jimmi So, it's deemed acceptable to do this at 4am but I dare be if I did the same thing at 8 or 9am, I'd chance to be getting a telling off or being asked to leave either by hotel staff or people staying in the hotel

Do it. See what happens. 

The problem is noise is subjective. What is noisy (or unacceptable) to some may be normal (or acceptable) to other people. I think, in a hotel, you have to make some allowances for other guests as people like to enjoy themselves while on holiday - however annoying that may be. 

You mention the hotel staff. If the noise was that unbearable you could have reported it and, who knows, you might have gotten a free-nights stay to resolve your complaint.

Jimmi

08 Apr 2018, 9:41 am #3,634
(08 Apr 2018, 9:30 am)MurdnunoC Do it. See what happens. 

Probably could have woken them and only them up at 8am this morning by playing a game of knocky nine door as I probably could have figured which room they were in by seeing where the trail of dropped chips ended

It is getting mentioned on the off chance that some compensation of some sense can be claimed, if not, it just means that it will be a yawn filled day.
Jimmi
08 Apr 2018, 9:41 am #3,634

(08 Apr 2018, 9:30 am)MurdnunoC Do it. See what happens. 

Probably could have woken them and only them up at 8am this morning by playing a game of knocky nine door as I probably could have figured which room they were in by seeing where the trail of dropped chips ended

It is getting mentioned on the off chance that some compensation of some sense can be claimed, if not, it just means that it will be a yawn filled day.

BusLoverMum

24 Apr 2018, 8:23 am #3,635
Either gne have gone out of business or the app is lying.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20180424-092037.png
Size: 173.5 KB / Downloads: 14
BusLoverMum
24 Apr 2018, 8:23 am #3,635

Either gne have gone out of business or the app is lying.

Attached Files
.png
Screenshot_20180424-092037.png
Size: 173.5 KB / Downloads: 14

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Apr 2018, 8:49 am #3,636
(24 Apr 2018, 8:23 am)BusLoverMum Either gne have gone out of business or the app is lying.
Nah, the app's having a sick day today. All stops are showing that and no buses are showing on the app.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
24 Apr 2018, 8:49 am #3,636

(24 Apr 2018, 8:23 am)BusLoverMum Either gne have gone out of business or the app is lying.
Nah, the app's having a sick day today. All stops are showing that and no buses are showing on the app.

Jamie M

Unregistered

24 Apr 2018, 9:07 am #3,637
(24 Apr 2018, 8:49 am)Jamie M Nah, the app's having a sick day today. All stops are showing that and no buses are showing on the app.

Back to working, for now.[Image: 047c0f1c1686a9d84e5ba27c8a8dfa14.jpg]

Jamie M
24 Apr 2018, 9:07 am #3,637

(24 Apr 2018, 8:49 am)Jamie M Nah, the app's having a sick day today. All stops are showing that and no buses are showing on the app.

Back to working, for now.[Image: 047c0f1c1686a9d84e5ba27c8a8dfa14.jpg]

Rob44

26 Apr 2018, 8:14 am #3,638
Putting your hand out requesting the bus to stop and driving straight past meaning having to wait another hour for the next one
Rob44
26 Apr 2018, 8:14 am #3,638

Putting your hand out requesting the bus to stop and driving straight past meaning having to wait another hour for the next one

Jimmi

28 Apr 2018, 9:04 pm #3,639
Being called 'f***ing ignorant' twice this week by people wanting to ask me something in the street when in actual fact, I have actually tried to see why I'm being pestered but I have been unable to say anything because of how I am.

Also made the mistake of photographing the 66 in Darlington tonight, which resulted in teenagers pestering me until I told them to F off and then hid at the Feethams bus stop to wait for my 5A.
Edited 28 Apr 2018, 9:04 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
28 Apr 2018, 9:04 pm #3,639

Being called 'f***ing ignorant' twice this week by people wanting to ask me something in the street when in actual fact, I have actually tried to see why I'm being pestered but I have been unable to say anything because of how I am.

Also made the mistake of photographing the 66 in Darlington tonight, which resulted in teenagers pestering me until I told them to F off and then hid at the Feethams bus stop to wait for my 5A.

Jimmi

15 May 2018, 9:29 am #3,640
6159 deciding it didn't want to work properly on the 15 resulting in a missed connection with the only 689 to Hexham of the day at Consett. Shame they changed the departure time to 09:40 as I would have been fine if it was still 09:45.

Before anyone suggests that I could have bigger issues, I do and I don't mean the fact that I can't seem to stop listening to Busted and McFly songs atm
Jimmi
15 May 2018, 9:29 am #3,640

6159 deciding it didn't want to work properly on the 15 resulting in a missed connection with the only 689 to Hexham of the day at Consett. Shame they changed the departure time to 09:40 as I would have been fine if it was still 09:45.

Before anyone suggests that I could have bigger issues, I do and I don't mean the fact that I can't seem to stop listening to Busted and McFly songs atm

Pages (191): Previous 1181 182 183191 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average