Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (191) Previous 1185 186 187191 Next
BusLoverMum

15 Dec 2019, 6:38 pm #3,701
(15 Dec 2019, 12:27 pm)TEN 6083 DSLR lens is acting up, at least have my other one in for repairs at APM Cameras in Newcastle so hopefully it’ll be repaired by Tuesday so had to use my phone today for the Scania event as my lens has a faulty ribbon cable, was working fine yesterday when I went to York. Also unwell over the last few days so didn’t stay long at the Scania event.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Seems to be catching. The camera on bigun's phone stopped working, yesterday (after going through all the software fixes, Husband took the case off and discovered that he'd dropped it once too often) so he had to borrow my spare phone to take photos with.
BusLoverMum
15 Dec 2019, 6:38 pm #3,701

(15 Dec 2019, 12:27 pm)TEN 6083 DSLR lens is acting up, at least have my other one in for repairs at APM Cameras in Newcastle so hopefully it’ll be repaired by Tuesday so had to use my phone today for the Scania event as my lens has a faulty ribbon cable, was working fine yesterday when I went to York. Also unwell over the last few days so didn’t stay long at the Scania event.

Seems to be catching. The camera on bigun's phone stopped working, yesterday (after going through all the software fixes, Husband took the case off and discovered that he'd dropped it once too often) so he had to borrow my spare phone to take photos with.

09 Jan 2020, 3:30 pm #3,702
Fell asleep on my sofa last night for about 4 hours and woke up with a aching back just below the shoulder blade so been in pain all day

TEN 6083
09 Jan 2020, 3:30 pm #3,702

Fell asleep on my sofa last night for about 4 hours and woke up with a aching back just below the shoulder blade so been in pain all day

18 Jan 2020, 2:33 pm #3,703
[Image: 19835ca944ecbdddd518b85cf7d42fef.jpg]

Honestly

TEN 6083
18 Jan 2020, 2:33 pm #3,703

[Image: 19835ca944ecbdddd518b85cf7d42fef.jpg]

Honestly

idiot

18 Jan 2020, 3:02 pm #3,704
Keep forgetting to take my daily medication. Neither wonder my blood pressure is sky high and not coming down!
idiot
18 Jan 2020, 3:02 pm #3,704

Keep forgetting to take my daily medication. Neither wonder my blood pressure is sky high and not coming down!

31 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm #3,705
Back in December I was traveling with my county councillor friend/colleague on the 57a to Ashington. She uses an electric wheelchair and managed to dislodge the pole in the wheelchair bay (not surprising given how cramped it is in a MPD). The driver was great about it and she wrote in aboot his good deed.

Well I read what she wrote in the other day and she thought the driver took a shine to me and thought it would be an excellent idea to "extoll the virtues" of myself. I could have killed her.

Well I had the same driver on the the 57a today and the best I could manage was "don't worry I'm not stalking you". I do know how to land myself in it.
solsburian
31 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm #3,705

Back in December I was traveling with my county councillor friend/colleague on the 57a to Ashington. She uses an electric wheelchair and managed to dislodge the pole in the wheelchair bay (not surprising given how cramped it is in a MPD). The driver was great about it and she wrote in aboot his good deed.

Well I read what she wrote in the other day and she thought the driver took a shine to me and thought it would be an excellent idea to "extoll the virtues" of myself. I could have killed her.

Well I had the same driver on the the 57a today and the best I could manage was "don't worry I'm not stalking you". I do know how to land myself in it.

01 Feb 2020, 3:29 am #3,706
Just remembered my bus pass has expired on Thursday night as thought I would be sent a new one by Northumberland County Council but will have to go to Hexham on Monday to sort out a new one

TEN 6083
01 Feb 2020, 3:29 am #3,706

Just remembered my bus pass has expired on Thursday night as thought I would be sent a new one by Northumberland County Council but will have to go to Hexham on Monday to sort out a new one

BusLoverMum

01 Feb 2020, 6:44 pm #3,707
(01 Feb 2020, 3:29 am)TEN 6083 Just remembered my bus pass has expired on Thursday night as thought I would be sent a new one by Northumberland County Council but will have to go to Hexham on Monday to sort out a new one

Aye. I have to re-apply when littlun's comes up for renewal.
BusLoverMum
01 Feb 2020, 6:44 pm #3,707

(01 Feb 2020, 3:29 am)TEN 6083 Just remembered my bus pass has expired on Thursday night as thought I would be sent a new one by Northumberland County Council but will have to go to Hexham on Monday to sort out a new one

Aye. I have to re-apply when littlun's comes up for renewal.

10 Feb 2020, 10:57 am #3,708
Anonymous accounts on Twitter.

So recently I've noticed quite a number of anonymous accounts pop up on Twitter, interacting with Go North East. From what I have seen, they all seem to be run by the same person, and tagging MG and GNE in just about everything they post. Not only that, they're basically impersonating GNE by naming their accounts after their services and including GNE in their handles.
Last night, it looked like MG had enough and basically told them to change their names and to stop spamming. To be honest, he handled it far better than I would have, my response probably would have involved some foul language!
streetdeckfan
10 Feb 2020, 10:57 am #3,708

Anonymous accounts on Twitter.

So recently I've noticed quite a number of anonymous accounts pop up on Twitter, interacting with Go North East. From what I have seen, they all seem to be run by the same person, and tagging MG and GNE in just about everything they post. Not only that, they're basically impersonating GNE by naming their accounts after their services and including GNE in their handles.
Last night, it looked like MG had enough and basically told them to change their names and to stop spamming. To be honest, he handled it far better than I would have, my response probably would have involved some foul language!

Adrian

11 Feb 2020, 9:17 pm #3,709
(10 Feb 2020, 10:57 am)streetdeckfan Anonymous accounts on Twitter.

Its pathetic, to be honest.

And it's not just them. There's a number of people that also follow GNE bods on twitter, and seem to spend their lives constantly hounding or tagging them in utter garbage. All it'll end up in is a change of attitude, and we'll be back to the days of no one engaging via Social Media.

People seem to forget that these employees are normal folk, just like you or I. They too have the right to use social media, without being hounded at all sorts of hours.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
11 Feb 2020, 9:17 pm #3,709

Its pathetic, to be honest.

And it's not just them. There's a number of people that also follow GNE bods on twitter, and seem to spend their lives constantly hounding or tagging them in utter garbage. All it'll end up in is a change of attitude, and we'll be back to the days of no one engaging via Social Media.

People seem to forget that these employees are normal folk, just like you or I. They too have the right to use social media, without being hounded at all sorts of hours.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

11 Feb 2020, 11:21 pm #3,710
(11 Feb 2020, 9:17 pm)Adrian Its pathetic, to be honest.

I didn't want to offend anyone, but yep it's pathetic. You'd think people would have better things to do than basically stalk GNE staff on Twitter!
I think it's really nice having the likes of MG (and dare I even say it, Dan) on Twitter that actually respond to enthusiasts. Like you say, if they keep getting harassed they're just going to stop.
Their Facebook Live idea was a stroke of genius (I'm guessing it wasn't Dan's idea then )

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
11 Feb 2020, 11:21 pm #3,710

(11 Feb 2020, 9:17 pm)Adrian Its pathetic, to be honest.

I didn't want to offend anyone, but yep it's pathetic. You'd think people would have better things to do than basically stalk GNE staff on Twitter!
I think it's really nice having the likes of MG (and dare I even say it, Dan) on Twitter that actually respond to enthusiasts. Like you say, if they keep getting harassed they're just going to stop.
Their Facebook Live idea was a stroke of genius (I'm guessing it wasn't Dan's idea then )

Jimmi

15 Feb 2020, 9:24 am #3,711

These sort of actions seem to be getting out of hand again, in the last week a number of Facebook group admins (including myself) have had to deal with someone signing up on multiple Facebook groups with fake throwaway accounts just to post homophobic remarks about someone, not only is it annoying for the person targeted but it's a pain for us having to deal with it and I don't know what happens if so many posts are reported to admins but I fear if it gets so out of hand then some Facebook groups may get Zucked (taken down).
Jimmi
15 Feb 2020, 9:24 am #3,711

These sort of actions seem to be getting out of hand again, in the last week a number of Facebook group admins (including myself) have had to deal with someone signing up on multiple Facebook groups with fake throwaway accounts just to post homophobic remarks about someone, not only is it annoying for the person targeted but it's a pain for us having to deal with it and I don't know what happens if so many posts are reported to admins but I fear if it gets so out of hand then some Facebook groups may get Zucked (taken down).

15 Feb 2020, 2:17 pm #3,712
(15 Feb 2020, 9:24 am)Jimmi These sort of actions seem to be getting out of hand again, in the last week a number of Facebook group admins (including myself) have had to deal with someone signing up on multiple Facebook groups with fake throwaway accounts just to post homophobic remarks about someone, not only is it annoying for the person targeted but it's a pain for us having to deal with it and I don't know what happens if so many posts are reported to admins but I fear if it gets so out of hand then some Facebook groups may get Zucked (taken down).

Yeah, they seem to come in waves. You go for a while without them then suddenly there's too many to handle!

Luckily the FB groups that I'm admin of are for members of our network so we don't have to deal with them!
streetdeckfan
15 Feb 2020, 2:17 pm #3,712

(15 Feb 2020, 9:24 am)Jimmi These sort of actions seem to be getting out of hand again, in the last week a number of Facebook group admins (including myself) have had to deal with someone signing up on multiple Facebook groups with fake throwaway accounts just to post homophobic remarks about someone, not only is it annoying for the person targeted but it's a pain for us having to deal with it and I don't know what happens if so many posts are reported to admins but I fear if it gets so out of hand then some Facebook groups may get Zucked (taken down).

Yeah, they seem to come in waves. You go for a while without them then suddenly there's too many to handle!

Luckily the FB groups that I'm admin of are for members of our network so we don't have to deal with them!

Andreos1

18 Feb 2020, 9:23 pm #3,713
(11 Feb 2020, 11:21 pm)streetdeckfan I didn't want to offend anyone, but yep it's pathetic. You'd think people would have better things to do than basically stalk GNE staff on Twitter!

At some point last year, the Dan Graham Fans handle on twitter became famous. I shared it in the 'what's amused you thread' and wondered at the time if the twitter famous would come to regret their use of social media. 

This is an extract from what I said at the time. 
... I remember commenting on David Horne's use of twitter on the forum and wondering if Martijn Gilbert would come to regret it as he started working for a company with a bigger fanbase. Whilst I am sure both David and Martijns use of twitter achieves positive things, there must be negative.

Stewart Donald at Sunderland must regret the day he used his social media in the way he did when he first arrived... 

Having recently seen the conversations you mention, it's probably more valid now than then!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
18 Feb 2020, 9:23 pm #3,713

(11 Feb 2020, 11:21 pm)streetdeckfan I didn't want to offend anyone, but yep it's pathetic. You'd think people would have better things to do than basically stalk GNE staff on Twitter!

At some point last year, the Dan Graham Fans handle on twitter became famous. I shared it in the 'what's amused you thread' and wondered at the time if the twitter famous would come to regret their use of social media. 

This is an extract from what I said at the time. 
... I remember commenting on David Horne's use of twitter on the forum and wondering if Martijn Gilbert would come to regret it as he started working for a company with a bigger fanbase. Whilst I am sure both David and Martijns use of twitter achieves positive things, there must be negative.

Stewart Donald at Sunderland must regret the day he used his social media in the way he did when he first arrived... 

Having recently seen the conversations you mention, it's probably more valid now than then!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

23 Feb 2020, 10:31 pm #3,714
For the past few weeks we've been working with a new client, obviously I can't name any names, but it's a health service that's national... 
We've done quite a bit of work for the ones up here, but this was the first time we've worked with this particular one further down south. 

As I've mentioned before I work in market research, so spend quite a lot of time analysing the data and writing up the reports. After about 4 full days of work dredging through the data, and half writing the report, we get an email from the client Friday lunch time saying they've changed their mind about how they want it done, and to have everything re-code everything together rather than have the 2 parts separate (they previously asked for the survey and interview portions to be kept separate), and the deadline is still Monday morning. 

So I've had to work non-stop over the weekend when I'm supposed to be fitting the new kitchen and complaining on here!
streetdeckfan
23 Feb 2020, 10:31 pm #3,714

For the past few weeks we've been working with a new client, obviously I can't name any names, but it's a health service that's national... 
We've done quite a bit of work for the ones up here, but this was the first time we've worked with this particular one further down south. 

As I've mentioned before I work in market research, so spend quite a lot of time analysing the data and writing up the reports. After about 4 full days of work dredging through the data, and half writing the report, we get an email from the client Friday lunch time saying they've changed their mind about how they want it done, and to have everything re-code everything together rather than have the 2 parts separate (they previously asked for the survey and interview portions to be kept separate), and the deadline is still Monday morning. 

So I've had to work non-stop over the weekend when I'm supposed to be fitting the new kitchen and complaining on here!

21 Mar 2020, 3:50 pm #3,715
What's really annoying me recently is the fact that NHS staff are getting basically everything for free. Free coffee, free transport, free food etc. yet other 'key workers' are getting absolutely nothing.

I'd argue that supermarket workers are a heck of a lot more important than a lot of NHS staff, plus they come in contact with many more people who are potentially infected. 

I'm not trying to downplay the importance of NHS staff, but it all seems a bit unfair to me
streetdeckfan
21 Mar 2020, 3:50 pm #3,715

What's really annoying me recently is the fact that NHS staff are getting basically everything for free. Free coffee, free transport, free food etc. yet other 'key workers' are getting absolutely nothing.

I'd argue that supermarket workers are a heck of a lot more important than a lot of NHS staff, plus they come in contact with many more people who are potentially infected. 

I'm not trying to downplay the importance of NHS staff, but it all seems a bit unfair to me

Ds1197

21 Mar 2020, 3:59 pm #3,716
(21 Mar 2020, 3:50 pm)streetdeckfan What's really annoying me recently is the fact that NHS staff are getting basically everything for free. Free coffee, free transport, free food etc. yet other 'key workers' are getting absolutely nothing.

My mam's a nurse and she thinks all free stuff should go to people who currently don't have a job due to coronavirus
Ds1197
21 Mar 2020, 3:59 pm #3,716

(21 Mar 2020, 3:50 pm)streetdeckfan What's really annoying me recently is the fact that NHS staff are getting basically everything for free. Free coffee, free transport, free food etc. yet other 'key workers' are getting absolutely nothing.

My mam's a nurse and she thinks all free stuff should go to people who currently don't have a job due to coronavirus

cbma06

21 Mar 2020, 4:02 pm #3,717

Are you kidding me? The NHS staff are important, there might be able to save your life one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
21 Mar 2020, 4:02 pm #3,717

Are you kidding me? The NHS staff are important, there might be able to save your life one day

21 Mar 2020, 4:11 pm #3,718
(21 Mar 2020, 4:02 pm)cbma06 Are you kidding me? The NHS staff are important, there might be able to save your life one day

That is completely irrelevant! Both are designated as key workers, so why should one get special treatment when the other does not. 
Is a cup of coffee going to help them save someone's life? No, it's not.
The only reason companies are doing it is for the good press.

"McDonalds offering free cup of coffee to ASDA staff" doesn't quite have the same appeal does it?

Plus, I'd argue that at this moment in time, supermarket staff are just as important, if not more so, than NHS staff.  
If there's nobody to stack the shelves in the supermarket, how can you get food?
streetdeckfan
21 Mar 2020, 4:11 pm #3,718

(21 Mar 2020, 4:02 pm)cbma06 Are you kidding me? The NHS staff are important, there might be able to save your life one day

That is completely irrelevant! Both are designated as key workers, so why should one get special treatment when the other does not. 

"McDonalds offering free cup of coffee to ASDA staff" doesn't quite have the same appeal does it?

Plus, I'd argue that at this moment in time, supermarket staff are just as important, if not more so, than NHS staff.  
If there's nobody to stack the shelves in the supermarket, how can you get food?

cbma06

21 Mar 2020, 4:29 pm #3,719
(21 Mar 2020, 4:11 pm)streetdeckfan That is completely irrelevant! Both are designated as key workers, so why should one get special treatment when the other does not. 

When the UK goes and will go into lockdown, who’s going to be important then, my partner is a nurse and works in all hours.

cbma06
21 Mar 2020, 4:29 pm #3,719

(21 Mar 2020, 4:11 pm)streetdeckfan That is completely irrelevant! Both are designated as key workers, so why should one get special treatment when the other does not. 

When the UK goes and will go into lockdown, who’s going to be important then, my partner is a nurse and works in all hours.

21 Mar 2020, 4:35 pm #3,720
(21 Mar 2020, 4:29 pm)cbma06 When the UK goes and will go into lockdown, who’s going to be important then, my partner is a nurse and works in all hours.

Then obviously everyone is just going to starve since we won't be able to buy food
streetdeckfan
21 Mar 2020, 4:35 pm #3,720

(21 Mar 2020, 4:29 pm)cbma06 When the UK goes and will go into lockdown, who’s going to be important then, my partner is a nurse and works in all hours.

Then obviously everyone is just going to starve since we won't be able to buy food

Pages (191) Previous 1185 186 187191 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average