Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (191) Previous 1186 187 188191 Next
Michael

21 Mar 2020, 5:05 pm #3,721
(21 Mar 2020, 4:35 pm)streetdeckfan Then obviously everyone is just going to starve since we won't be able to buy food

I'm sure you can still buy food, if you're in a lockdown, sure they're doing in Spain/Italy etc....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Mar 2020, 5:05 pm #3,721

(21 Mar 2020, 4:35 pm)streetdeckfan Then obviously everyone is just going to starve since we won't be able to buy food

I'm sure you can still buy food, if you're in a lockdown, sure they're doing in Spain/Italy etc....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

21 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm #3,722
(21 Mar 2020, 3:50 pm)streetdeckfan What's really annoying me recently is the fact that NHS staff are getting basically everything for free. Free coffee, free transport, free food etc. yet other 'key workers' are getting absolutely nothing.

I'd argue that supermarket workers are a heck of a lot more important than a lot of NHS staff, plus they come in contact with many more people who are potentially infected. 

I'm not trying to downplay the importance of NHS staff, but it all seems a bit unfair to me
This trolling is beyond annoying. Give your head a wobble.
BusLoverMum
21 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm #3,722

(21 Mar 2020, 3:50 pm)streetdeckfan What's really annoying me recently is the fact that NHS staff are getting basically everything for free. Free coffee, free transport, free food etc. yet other 'key workers' are getting absolutely nothing.

I'd argue that supermarket workers are a heck of a lot more important than a lot of NHS staff, plus they come in contact with many more people who are potentially infected. 

I'm not trying to downplay the importance of NHS staff, but it all seems a bit unfair to me
This trolling is beyond annoying. Give your head a wobble.

21 Mar 2020, 5:40 pm #3,723
(21 Mar 2020, 5:05 pm)Michael I'm sure you can still buy food, if you're in a lockdown, sure they're doing in Spain/Italy etc....

Exactly, but people still need to work there! As far as I'm aware key stores are still open in Italy (such as DIY, grocery stores etc.)

(21 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm)BusLoverMum This trolling is beyond annoying. Give your head a wobble.

I'm not trolling for once! As far as I'm concerned anybody designated as a 'key worker' should be treated the same. That includes teachers, bus drivers, supermarket workers, and NHS staff.
If you're going to be giving stuff away, give it to everybody not just one sector
streetdeckfan
21 Mar 2020, 5:40 pm #3,723

(21 Mar 2020, 5:05 pm)Michael I'm sure you can still buy food, if you're in a lockdown, sure they're doing in Spain/Italy etc....

Exactly, but people still need to work there! As far as I'm aware key stores are still open in Italy (such as DIY, grocery stores etc.)

(21 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm)BusLoverMum This trolling is beyond annoying. Give your head a wobble.

I'm not trolling for once! As far as I'm concerned anybody designated as a 'key worker' should be treated the same. That includes teachers, bus drivers, supermarket workers, and NHS staff.
If you're going to be giving stuff away, give it to everybody not just one sector

Charles41

21 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm #3,724
I would say NHS doctors and nurses should be given priority at the monument.

Charles
Charles41
21 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm #3,724

I would say NHS doctors and nurses should be given priority at the monument.

Charles

Andreos1

21 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm #3,725
(21 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm)Charles41 I would say NHS doctors and nurses should be given priority at the monument.

Charles

What about Haymarket? Wink

Seriously though, whilst not taking anything away from retail workers and the like. I agree that NHS staff are a priority. 
Theyre putting their lives on the line, working all sorts of hours and spending time away from their families - so they don't infect them with owt they may have caught.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Mar 2020, 7:34 pm #3,725

(21 Mar 2020, 7:18 pm)Charles41 I would say NHS doctors and nurses should be given priority at the monument.

Charles

What about Haymarket? Wink

Seriously though, whilst not taking anything away from retail workers and the like. I agree that NHS staff are a priority. 
Theyre putting their lives on the line, working all sorts of hours and spending time away from their families - so they don't infect them with owt they may have caught.

Adrian

22 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm #3,726

Unsure whether you're deliberately trying to troll the forum or you just have fresh air between your ears, but you want to start reading back some your garbage before considering posting on here.

An already overstretched NHS is on the front line in this. They are risking their own health through merely operating with the same professionalism as they do day in day out, due to the lack of PPE that is available. On top of this, many NHS staff are working an exhausting amount of hours, with limited time to even think about the things we take for granted; food, transport, etc. 

Of course there are other key workers. I am one too, but peoples lives do not depend on my work. Very few in society have that level of responsibility. As for supermarket workers, they're doing an absolutely brilliant job right now, but its out of necessity following the sheer greed of others.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm #3,726

Unsure whether you're deliberately trying to troll the forum or you just have fresh air between your ears, but you want to start reading back some your garbage before considering posting on here.

An already overstretched NHS is on the front line in this. They are risking their own health through merely operating with the same professionalism as they do day in day out, due to the lack of PPE that is available. On top of this, many NHS staff are working an exhausting amount of hours, with limited time to even think about the things we take for granted; food, transport, etc. 

Of course there are other key workers. I am one too, but peoples lives do not depend on my work. Very few in society have that level of responsibility. As for supermarket workers, they're doing an absolutely brilliant job right now, but its out of necessity following the sheer greed of others.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Michael

22 Mar 2020, 10:02 pm #3,727
(22 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm)Adrian Unsure whether you're deliberately trying to troll the forum or you just have fresh air between your ears, but you want to start reading back some your garbage before considering posting on here.

2nd that to being a keyworker

I'm actually dreading work this week, i don't know what its going to be like, how many kids will we have in, or anything....

Its gonna be a few long weeks/months.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Mar 2020, 10:02 pm #3,727

(22 Mar 2020, 9:53 pm)Adrian Unsure whether you're deliberately trying to troll the forum or you just have fresh air between your ears, but you want to start reading back some your garbage before considering posting on here.

2nd that to being a keyworker

I'm actually dreading work this week, i don't know what its going to be like, how many kids will we have in, or anything....

Its gonna be a few long weeks/months.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

12 Aug 2020, 9:27 pm #3,728
Oooh, I forgot about what I said further up, and frankly I have even worse things to say now so I think I'll swiftly move on to another thing that's annoying me!

So for the past month and a bit I've been working on a new website for one of our businesses, one of the other partners is a professional copywriter so he was tasked with creating all the written content for the site. Now, bearing in mind the new site was originally supposed to be launched at the beginning of last week, I only got the content late Sunday night, and it was still missing a few pages.
I was promised the rest of the content Tuesday morning, that deadline has passed now. 

The site was basically done, minus the couple pages that still need the written content, so me being me, got sick and tired of waiting and just set the new site live. 

Like I said, he's a professional copywriter, and it's only a simple site. The writing that I received was fairly shoddy, didn't fit with the design of the website so I had to change a lot of it around anyway, and was full of spelling errors. We set a conservative deadline, and he assured me that it was more than enough time to get the content written, clearly it wasn't!

Anyway, moral of the story, if you want something doing, do it yourself!
streetdeckfan
12 Aug 2020, 9:27 pm #3,728

Oooh, I forgot about what I said further up, and frankly I have even worse things to say now so I think I'll swiftly move on to another thing that's annoying me!

So for the past month and a bit I've been working on a new website for one of our businesses, one of the other partners is a professional copywriter so he was tasked with creating all the written content for the site. Now, bearing in mind the new site was originally supposed to be launched at the beginning of last week, I only got the content late Sunday night, and it was still missing a few pages.
I was promised the rest of the content Tuesday morning, that deadline has passed now. 

The site was basically done, minus the couple pages that still need the written content, so me being me, got sick and tired of waiting and just set the new site live. 

Like I said, he's a professional copywriter, and it's only a simple site. The writing that I received was fairly shoddy, didn't fit with the design of the website so I had to change a lot of it around anyway, and was full of spelling errors. We set a conservative deadline, and he assured me that it was more than enough time to get the content written, clearly it wasn't!

Anyway, moral of the story, if you want something doing, do it yourself!

21 Sep 2020, 6:01 pm #3,729
(31 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm)solsburian Back in December I was traveling with my county councillor friend/colleague on the 57a to Ashington. She uses an electric wheelchair and managed to dislodge the pole in the wheelchair bay (not surprising given how cramped it is in a MPD). The driver was great about it and she wrote in aboot his good deed.

Well I read what she wrote in the other day and she thought the driver took a shine to me and thought it would be an excellent idea to "extoll the virtues" of myself. I could have killed her.

Well I had the same driver on the the 57a today and the best I could manage was "don't worry I'm not stalking you". I do know how to land myself in it.

An update: I finally plucked up the courage to ask the driver if he had received the letter. He said no. On one hand I'm pleased it saved me from more embarrassment, but on the other hand IMHO it doesn't reflect well on Arriva if they don't let their staff know if they have received praise Angry .
solsburian
21 Sep 2020, 6:01 pm #3,729

(31 Jan 2020, 7:23 pm)solsburian Back in December I was traveling with my county councillor friend/colleague on the 57a to Ashington. She uses an electric wheelchair and managed to dislodge the pole in the wheelchair bay (not surprising given how cramped it is in a MPD). The driver was great about it and she wrote in aboot his good deed.

Well I read what she wrote in the other day and she thought the driver took a shine to me and thought it would be an excellent idea to "extoll the virtues" of myself. I could have killed her.

Well I had the same driver on the the 57a today and the best I could manage was "don't worry I'm not stalking you". I do know how to land myself in it.

An update: I finally plucked up the courage to ask the driver if he had received the letter. He said no. On one hand I'm pleased it saved me from more embarrassment, but on the other hand IMHO it doesn't reflect well on Arriva if they don't let their staff know if they have received praise Angry .

03 Nov 2020, 6:05 pm #3,730
Boris Johnson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
03 Nov 2020, 6:05 pm #3,730

Boris Johnson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

26 Nov 2020, 2:19 pm #3,731
Boris again, Tier 3 is he having a laugh when he puts London into T2

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
26 Nov 2020, 2:19 pm #3,731

Boris again, Tier 3 is he having a laugh when he puts London into T2

14 Dec 2020, 7:19 pm #3,732
Went out today to photograph the new Quaycity brand. I got a couple of them and then the lens suddenly wouldn’t focus on my DSLR and then it got jammed between the 18-24mm position on the zoom so had to abandon this and go to Durham CeX (the nearest one that had one) for a new lens. Luckily I only paid £19 as I had a game to trade in I was finished with.

TEN 6083
14 Dec 2020, 7:19 pm #3,732

Went out today to photograph the new Quaycity brand. I got a couple of them and then the lens suddenly wouldn’t focus on my DSLR and then it got jammed between the 18-24mm position on the zoom so had to abandon this and go to Durham CeX (the nearest one that had one) for a new lens. Luckily I only paid £19 as I had a game to trade in I was finished with.

14 Dec 2020, 8:02 pm #3,733
(14 Dec 2020, 7:19 pm)TEN 6083 Went out today to photograph the new Quaycity brand. I got a couple of them and then the lens suddenly wouldn’t focus on my DSLR and then it got jammed between the 18-24mm position on the zoom so had to abandon this and go to Durham CeX (the nearest one that had one) for a new lens. Luckily I only paid £19 as I had a game to trade in I was finished with.

I haven't been in for a while, but Cash Converters in Gateshead always seemed to have a decent selection of lenses for good prices. I got a couple variable ND filters there for like £1.50 each last year
streetdeckfan
14 Dec 2020, 8:02 pm #3,733

(14 Dec 2020, 7:19 pm)TEN 6083 Went out today to photograph the new Quaycity brand. I got a couple of them and then the lens suddenly wouldn’t focus on my DSLR and then it got jammed between the 18-24mm position on the zoom so had to abandon this and go to Durham CeX (the nearest one that had one) for a new lens. Luckily I only paid £19 as I had a game to trade in I was finished with.

I haven't been in for a while, but Cash Converters in Gateshead always seemed to have a decent selection of lenses for good prices. I got a couple variable ND filters there for like £1.50 each last year

04 Aug 2021, 2:19 pm #3,734
Getting a bit sick of the constant posts on here and on faceache about this livery looks like someone elses livery.

It has been going on for the last 70 years, get over it.

Honestly is getting dull and tedious seeing the same posts everytime there's a repaint.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
04 Aug 2021, 2:19 pm #3,734

Getting a bit sick of the constant posts on here and on faceache about this livery looks like someone elses livery.

Honestly is getting dull and tedious seeing the same posts everytime there's a repaint.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

04 Aug 2021, 2:24 pm #3,735
(04 Aug 2021, 2:19 pm)Rapidsnap Getting a bit sick of the constant posts on here and on faceache about this livery looks like someone elses livery.

About as dull and tedious as seeing Copying Desire liveries popping up all over the shop?  Tongue
streetdeckfan
04 Aug 2021, 2:24 pm #3,735

(04 Aug 2021, 2:19 pm)Rapidsnap Getting a bit sick of the constant posts on here and on faceache about this livery looks like someone elses livery.

About as dull and tedious as seeing Copying Desire liveries popping up all over the shop?  Tongue

MurdnunoC

04 Aug 2021, 3:10 pm #3,736
I'm sick of seeing buses repainted.

Just let the paintwork age disgracefully then flog them onto an independent like the good 'ol days.

(Or currently in the case of Arriva North East)
MurdnunoC
04 Aug 2021, 3:10 pm #3,736

I'm sick of seeing buses repainted.

Just let the paintwork age disgracefully then flog them onto an independent like the good 'ol days.

(Or currently in the case of Arriva North East)

Andreos1

04 Aug 2021, 4:43 pm #3,737

See, I am quite amazed that in this day and age (with all the technology and software available), that operators pay someone good money to create a livery which looks very like a competitors livery. Particularly when they want to stand out, be unique, different and shout out that they are different to another company operating a similar network. 

Back when operators had nothing more than a small selection of paint tins, a ladder, couple of brushes and masking tape - then, yeah I could see why one operator looked like another.
Ditto when things were nationalised.

I quite enjoy comparing the livery of one operator to several other operators of a totally different company.
Passes the time when I'm bored.

Andreos1
04 Aug 2021, 4:43 pm #3,737

See, I am quite amazed that in this day and age (with all the technology and software available), that operators pay someone good money to create a livery which looks very like a competitors livery. Particularly when they want to stand out, be unique, different and shout out that they are different to another company operating a similar network. 

Back when operators had nothing more than a small selection of paint tins, a ladder, couple of brushes and masking tape - then, yeah I could see why one operator looked like another.

I quite enjoy comparing the livery of one operator to several other operators of a totally different company.

04 Aug 2021, 5:37 pm #3,738
(04 Aug 2021, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 See, I am quite amazed that in this day and age (with all the technology and software available), that operators pay someone good money to create a livery which looks very like a competitors livery. Particularly when they want to stand out, be unique, different and shout out that they are different to another company operating a similar network. 

I do find it strange that in the past couple of weeks we've seen two liveries that could easily be mistaken for Arriva
streetdeckfan
04 Aug 2021, 5:37 pm #3,738

(04 Aug 2021, 4:43 pm)Andreos1 See, I am quite amazed that in this day and age (with all the technology and software available), that operators pay someone good money to create a livery which looks very like a competitors livery. Particularly when they want to stand out, be unique, different and shout out that they are different to another company operating a similar network. 

I do find it strange that in the past couple of weeks we've seen two liveries that could easily be mistaken for Arriva

BusLoverMum

04 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm #3,739
Face it. Your average bus passenger in Stanley will have no idea that there's a similar looking one pootling through Slough or Salford (or wherever)
BusLoverMum
04 Aug 2021, 8:03 pm #3,739

Face it. Your average bus passenger in Stanley will have no idea that there's a similar looking one pootling through Slough or Salford (or wherever)

Train8261

05 Aug 2021, 8:44 am #3,740
What passage is gonna care the way there bus looks. As long as it gets to there destination.
Train8261
05 Aug 2021, 8:44 am #3,740

What passage is gonna care the way there bus looks. As long as it gets to there destination.

Pages (191) Previous 1186 187 188191 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average