Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (28) Previous 15 6 728 Next
06 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm #101
Dose anyone know when X35 will get new buses

JMoss
jaimzm
06 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm #101

Dose anyone know when X35 will get new buses

JMoss

Adrian

06 Dec 2015, 8:12 pm #102
(06 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm)jaimzm Dose anyone know when X35 will get new buses

Not sure whether it's even in the thought process yet, but I'd think it would be come a time that the Crusader gets an upgrade. That'll displace 13x Mercs, and Fast Cats would require 10x.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Dec 2015, 8:12 pm #102

Not sure whether it's even in the thought process yet, but I'd think it would be come a time that the Crusader gets an upgrade. That'll displace 13x Mercs, and Fast Cats would require 10x.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

06 Dec 2015, 9:54 pm #103
(06 Dec 2015, 8:12 pm)Adrian Not sure whether it's even in the thought process yet, but I'd think it would be come a time that the Crusader gets an upgrade. That'll displace 13x Mercs, and Fast Cats would require 10x.

I would happily take the mercs to get rid of these scania wouldn't be to bad if X35 had WiFi om it anything will be better thn what we got now

JMoss
jaimzm
06 Dec 2015, 9:54 pm #103

(06 Dec 2015, 8:12 pm)Adrian Not sure whether it's even in the thought process yet, but I'd think it would be come a time that the Crusader gets an upgrade. That'll displace 13x Mercs, and Fast Cats would require 10x.

I would happily take the mercs to get rid of these scania wouldn't be to bad if X35 had WiFi om it anything will be better thn what we got now

JMoss

Diamond One

Banned

06 Dec 2015, 10:34 pm #104

Not for a while yet I would say Probs sometime in 2017 providing the crusader gets new vehicles more than likely Streetdeck but we will see in the future
Diamond One
06 Dec 2015, 10:34 pm #104

Not for a while yet I would say Probs sometime in 2017 providing the crusader gets new vehicles more than likely Streetdeck but we will see in the future

Andreos1

06 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm #105

Hopefully after the 20's have got something decent. Wink

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
06 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm #105

Hopefully after the 20's have got something decent. Wink

Diamond One

Banned

06 Dec 2015, 11:13 pm #106
(06 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm)Andreos1 Hopefully after the 20's have got something decent. Wink

20s will Probs end up getting streetdecks the scanias could replace older vehicles in the fleet but I quiet like the eclipse 3 version lovely bus trailed on 20 not too long ago wouldn't mind seeing them and some on 27 in fact 27 does suit these but I can see an upgrade to 97/97A sometime soon
Diamond One
06 Dec 2015, 11:13 pm #106

(06 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm)Andreos1 Hopefully after the 20's have got something decent. Wink

20s will Probs end up getting streetdecks the scanias could replace older vehicles in the fleet but I quiet like the eclipse 3 version lovely bus trailed on 20 not too long ago wouldn't mind seeing them and some on 27 in fact 27 does suit these but I can see an upgrade to 97/97A sometime soon

Michael

07 Dec 2015, 12:24 am #107
(06 Dec 2015, 11:13 pm)Diamond One 20s will Probs end up getting streetdecks the scanias could replace older vehicles in the fleet but I quiet like the eclipse 3 version lovely bus trailed on 20 not too long ago wouldn't mind seeing them and some on 27 in fact 27 does suit these but I can see an upgrade to 97/97A sometime soon

If the 20/20A got deckers, it won't be this year...

I don't think they'll get deckers at all, i think they'll get Streetlites, if they ever got new buses.

Have to remember double deckers are more expensive, they'll need at least 20 and then a couple of spares for the route.

But the 20/20A is a busy route so you never know.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2015, 12:24 am #107

(06 Dec 2015, 11:13 pm)Diamond One 20s will Probs end up getting streetdecks the scanias could replace older vehicles in the fleet but I quiet like the eclipse 3 version lovely bus trailed on 20 not too long ago wouldn't mind seeing them and some on 27 in fact 27 does suit these but I can see an upgrade to 97/97A sometime soon

If the 20/20A got deckers, it won't be this year...

I don't think they'll get deckers at all, i think they'll get Streetlites, if they ever got new buses.

Have to remember double deckers are more expensive, they'll need at least 20 and then a couple of spares for the route.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

07 Dec 2015, 1:02 am #108
(07 Dec 2015, 12:24 am)Michael If the 20/20A got deckers, it won't be this year...

I also think the 20/20A would not get double deckers anytime soon as I don't think it is busy enough to justify double deckers most of the time, usually when I have used the 20/20A you will leave Park Lane you can have a few standees but usually only as far as Barnes Park or Sunderland College, I think it can be fairly busy at peak times although I haven't used it much at these times. There is also the amount buying around 20 double deckers would cost, especially if you kit it out with WiFi, next stop announcements and stuff. I think if the 20/20A was going to get double deckers, GNE would have maybe trialled the StreetDeck on there but considering a single decker (Volvo B8RLE) Was trialled, I would assume if the 20/20A is upgraded soon, it would most likely be single deckers.
Jimmi
07 Dec 2015, 1:02 am #108

(07 Dec 2015, 12:24 am)Michael If the 20/20A got deckers, it won't be this year...

I also think the 20/20A would not get double deckers anytime soon as I don't think it is busy enough to justify double deckers most of the time, usually when I have used the 20/20A you will leave Park Lane you can have a few standees but usually only as far as Barnes Park or Sunderland College, I think it can be fairly busy at peak times although I haven't used it much at these times. There is also the amount buying around 20 double deckers would cost, especially if you kit it out with WiFi, next stop announcements and stuff. I think if the 20/20A was going to get double deckers, GNE would have maybe trialled the StreetDeck on there but considering a single decker (Volvo B8RLE) Was trialled, I would assume if the 20/20A is upgraded soon, it would most likely be single deckers.

Michael

07 Dec 2015, 1:22 am #109
(07 Dec 2015, 1:02 am)Jimmi I also think the 20/20A would not get double deckers anytime soon as I don't think it is busy enough to justify double deckers most of the time, usually when I have used the 20/20A you will leave Park Lane you can have a few standees but usually only as far as Barnes Park or Sunderland College, I think it can be fairly busy at peak times although I haven't used it much at these times. There is also the amount buying around 20 double deckers would cost, especially if you kit it out with WiFi, next stop announcements and stuff. I think if the 20/20A was going to get double deckers, GNE would have maybe trialled the StreetDeck on there but considering a single decker (Volvo B8RLE) Was trialled, I would assume if the 20/20A is upgraded soon, it would most likely be single deckers.

Another point is: 

I don't think they'll want to drop the frequancy of the 20/20A either if it became double decker (just suggesting it, might no happen), if they do it means each service could become every 30 minutes on certain parts of the route (every 15 minutes on parts of it). It might work because it will be double decker ran but i don't think GNE will do that.

I'll say Streetlites for it.

At least the 20 scania's can replace rest of the Cadets and some of the B10's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2015, 1:22 am #109

(07 Dec 2015, 1:02 am)Jimmi I also think the 20/20A would not get double deckers anytime soon as I don't think it is busy enough to justify double deckers most of the time, usually when I have used the 20/20A you will leave Park Lane you can have a few standees but usually only as far as Barnes Park or Sunderland College, I think it can be fairly busy at peak times although I haven't used it much at these times. There is also the amount buying around 20 double deckers would cost, especially if you kit it out with WiFi, next stop announcements and stuff. I think if the 20/20A was going to get double deckers, GNE would have maybe trialled the StreetDeck on there but considering a single decker (Volvo B8RLE) Was trialled, I would assume if the 20/20A is upgraded soon, it would most likely be single deckers.

Another point is: 

I don't think they'll want to drop the frequancy of the 20/20A either if it became double decker (just suggesting it, might no happen), if they do it means each service could become every 30 minutes on certain parts of the route (every 15 minutes on parts of it). It might work because it will be double decker ran but i don't think GNE will do that.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

07 Dec 2015, 7:04 am #110
(07 Dec 2015, 1:22 am)Michael Another point is: 

They did that to the Diamond got Deckers and reduced frequency.
DanPicken
07 Dec 2015, 7:04 am #110

They did that to the Diamond got Deckers and reduced frequency.

Andreos1

07 Dec 2015, 7:29 am #111

To be fair, there must only be a handful of services across the region that can justify deckers at all points of the day.

Some prime routes like the X1 or 56 could possibly get away with Solo's at certain times, due to the low numbers using those quieter runs.

I saw an X1 Newcastle bound the other day, carrying fresh air.

Please don't say that. Wink
Imagine the rattles on the fast sections of the route?

But to join in with the game of vehicle suggestions for the 20's, I propose the Van Hool Astromega TDX21.
With WiFi, plug sockets, at seat entertainment and a complementary trolley service, served by scantily clad staff.
Hey, I want value for money for my £4.10 fare!

On a route like the 27 or 56, the frequency can be dropped by a minute or two, due to route being a 'whole'. It doesn't split like the 20's do.
So out of a PVR of 12, 6 will be on a 20, with the balance on a 20a.
This maintains the 10min headway on common sections.
I think there may be another floating somewhere due to the way the timetable is set up.

I am not sure a combined 15 min frequency would work as efficiently, if it did get deckers.
If you have a larger vehicle, then it is going to take longer to load/unload at key destinations too. Particularly if you are merging the equivalent of two bus loads on to the larger bus (4 hourly deps vs 6).

Andreos1
07 Dec 2015, 7:29 am #111

To be fair, there must only be a handful of services across the region that can justify deckers at all points of the day.

Some prime routes like the X1 or 56 could possibly get away with Solo's at certain times, due to the low numbers using those quieter runs.

But to join in with the game of vehicle suggestions for the 20's, I propose the Van Hool Astromega TDX21.
With WiFi, plug sockets, at seat entertainment and a complementary trolley service, served by scantily clad staff.

On a route like the 27 or 56, the frequency can be dropped by a minute or two, due to route being a 'whole'. It doesn't split like the 20's do.
I think there may be another floating somewhere due to the way the timetable is set up.

I am not sure a combined 15 min frequency would work as efficiently, if it did get deckers.
If you have a larger vehicle, then it is going to take longer to load/unload at key destinations too. Particularly if you are merging the equivalent of two bus loads on to the larger bus (4 hourly deps vs 6).

Michael

07 Dec 2015, 7:36 am #112
(07 Dec 2015, 7:29 am)Andreos1 To be fair, there must only be a handful of services across the region that can justify deckers at all points of the day.

It won't work, they're better off sticking with single deckers wether that is streetlites or the B8RLE.... or the current scania's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2015, 7:36 am #112

(07 Dec 2015, 7:29 am)Andreos1 To be fair, there must only be a handful of services across the region that can justify deckers at all points of the day.

It won't work, they're better off sticking with single deckers wether that is streetlites or the B8RLE.... or the current scania's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

07 Dec 2015, 7:56 am #113
(07 Dec 2015, 7:36 am)Michael It won't work, they're better off sticking with single deckers wether that is streetlites or the B8RLE.... or the current scania's.

The suggestions are getting worse! Wink

Andreos1
07 Dec 2015, 7:56 am #113

(07 Dec 2015, 7:36 am)Michael It won't work, they're better off sticking with single deckers wether that is streetlites or the B8RLE.... or the current scania's.

The suggestions are getting worse! Wink

Michael

07 Dec 2015, 7:58 am #114
(07 Dec 2015, 7:56 am)Andreos1 The suggestions are getting worse! Wink

Oh you!!! 

Tongue!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2015, 7:58 am #114

Oh you!!! 

Tongue!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

07 Dec 2015, 8:09 am #115
Go North East

Sevices unable to operate via Corbridge due to Severe flooding and bridge closure 10,x84,x85,687

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2015, 8:09 am #115

Go North East

Sevices unable to operate via Corbridge due to Severe flooding and bridge closure 10,x84,x85,687

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

07 Dec 2015, 8:37 am #116

from what i have been told gne getting 20 streetlites for service 20 wether its true or not am not 100% but i would of thought deckers be better

JMoss
jaimzm
07 Dec 2015, 8:37 am #116

from what i have been told gne getting 20 streetlites for service 20 wether its true or not am not 100% but i would of thought deckers be better

JMoss

Michael

07 Dec 2015, 8:51 am #117
(07 Dec 2015, 8:37 am)jaimzm from what i have been told gne getting 20 streetlites for service 20 wether its true or not am not 100% but i would of thought deckers be better

I've also heard that, wouldn't be surprised, i think the 20/20A is one of those services which deserve new buses...

If so... 20+ spares (2?):

Means at least 20 Scania's can replace:

Cadet - 12
B10's - 8-10 (Depending on spares)

I think they'll stick with the Merit's as they're Euro 5 and are younger than the B10's.

or 

All of the remaining Cadets and Merits - 18) and at least 2-4 B10's.
Edited 07 Dec 2015, 8:56 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2015, 8:51 am #117

(07 Dec 2015, 8:37 am)jaimzm from what i have been told gne getting 20 streetlites for service 20 wether its true or not am not 100% but i would of thought deckers be better

I've also heard that, wouldn't be surprised, i think the 20/20A is one of those services which deserve new buses...

If so... 20+ spares (2?):

Means at least 20 Scania's can replace:

Cadet - 12
B10's - 8-10 (Depending on spares)

I think they'll stick with the Merit's as they're Euro 5 and are younger than the B10's.

or 

All of the remaining Cadets and Merits - 18) and at least 2-4 B10's.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

07 Dec 2015, 9:18 am #118

Sounds like the stuff of nightmares that like.
Definitely think my suggestion would be more popular.

Andreos1
07 Dec 2015, 9:18 am #118

Sounds like the stuff of nightmares that like.

07 Dec 2015, 9:24 am #119
(07 Dec 2015, 9:18 am)Andreos1 Sounds like the stuff of nightmares that like.

i dont know i use the X35 everday dont get me wrong the scania on their they are good yes but they are getting old and rattles alot but what bus dosen't but whenever i use it or see it gose past my house hartlepool to peterlee its full get to peterlee half of them get off then even more get on to go sunderland 70% of the people that get on end up standing from Hartlepool to peterlee and streetdecker would be a great decker for the service

JMoss
jaimzm
07 Dec 2015, 9:24 am #119

(07 Dec 2015, 9:18 am)Andreos1 Sounds like the stuff of nightmares that like.

i dont know i use the X35 everday dont get me wrong the scania on their they are good yes but they are getting old and rattles alot but what bus dosen't but whenever i use it or see it gose past my house hartlepool to peterlee its full get to peterlee half of them get off then even more get on to go sunderland 70% of the people that get on end up standing from Hartlepool to peterlee and streetdecker would be a great decker for the service

JMoss

Michael

07 Dec 2015, 9:35 am #120
The X35 which has just left Park Lane is standing room only.... not sure if its because its 9:30am.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Dec 2015, 9:35 am #120

The X35 which has just left Park Lane is standing room only.... not sure if its because its 9:30am.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (28) Previous 15 6 728 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average