Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (18) Previous 1 2 318 Next
upt50k

03 Jan 2016, 11:24 am #21
(02 Jan 2016, 6:50 am)tyresmoke Well 2016 will see us introduce a new type to the fleet here in the North East... A handful of Optare Tempo's are due to transfer from the Yorkshire fleet. They currently operate from Castleford depot on service 189 between Wakefield, Castleford and Leeds.

Would be good to see Tempos go to Darlington for use on X26 which has suffered  with reliability problems since conversion to Max Scanias The Scanias could then go back to Teeside or Northumberland  The changes to X26 do not appear to have worked well but management might disagree and there are frequent comments on the facebook site
upt50k
03 Jan 2016, 11:24 am #21

(02 Jan 2016, 6:50 am)tyresmoke Well 2016 will see us introduce a new type to the fleet here in the North East... A handful of Optare Tempo's are due to transfer from the Yorkshire fleet. They currently operate from Castleford depot on service 189 between Wakefield, Castleford and Leeds.

Would be good to see Tempos go to Darlington for use on X26 which has suffered  with reliability problems since conversion to Max Scanias The Scanias could then go back to Teeside or Northumberland  The changes to X26 do not appear to have worked well but management might disagree and there are frequent comments on the facebook site

Jimmi

03 Jan 2016, 11:40 am #22
(03 Jan 2016, 11:24 am)upt50k Would be good to see Tempos go to Darlington for use on X26 which has suffered  with reliability problems since conversion to Max Scanias The Scanias could then go back to Teeside or Northumberland  The changes to X26 do not appear to have worked well but management might disagree and there are frequent comments on the facebook site

Everytime I've been in Darlington or Richmond there seems to have been a lot of late running on the X26/X27 with the service often running in twos at times, don't really know why this happens. Those Omnicitys seem totally shot as most them have been subjected to some tough routes, particularly the ones that were based at Redcar for the 63 and then later the 93/X93, the examples being blasted down the A66 on the X66/X67 probably aren't doing any good for them either. Would be nice to have them at Darlington but I don't think it is going to happen, think they'll go to either Teesside or Tyneside.
Jimmi
03 Jan 2016, 11:40 am #22

(03 Jan 2016, 11:24 am)upt50k Would be good to see Tempos go to Darlington for use on X26 which has suffered  with reliability problems since conversion to Max Scanias The Scanias could then go back to Teeside or Northumberland  The changes to X26 do not appear to have worked well but management might disagree and there are frequent comments on the facebook site

Everytime I've been in Darlington or Richmond there seems to have been a lot of late running on the X26/X27 with the service often running in twos at times, don't really know why this happens. Those Omnicitys seem totally shot as most them have been subjected to some tough routes, particularly the ones that were based at Redcar for the 63 and then later the 93/X93, the examples being blasted down the A66 on the X66/X67 probably aren't doing any good for them either. Would be nice to have them at Darlington but I don't think it is going to happen, think they'll go to either Teesside or Tyneside.

BusLoverMum

03 Jan 2016, 7:26 pm #23
There's been a correctly branded sapphire streetlite on the 22 today <thud>

Tempted to put it in rare and odd workings.
BusLoverMum
03 Jan 2016, 7:26 pm #23

There's been a correctly branded sapphire streetlite on the 22 today <thud>

Tempted to put it in rare and odd workings.

tyresmoke

04 Jan 2016, 1:10 pm #24
Anyone able to confirm what's on the X12 shuttle today?
Should be 1764 - transferred yesterday to Jesmond
tyresmoke
04 Jan 2016, 1:10 pm #24

Anyone able to confirm what's on the X12 shuttle today?

buss14

04 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm #25
(04 Jan 2016, 1:10 pm)tyresmoke Anyone able to confirm what's on the X12 shuttle today?

yes it was planned as a spare although it was meant to be 1773
buss14
04 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm #25

(04 Jan 2016, 1:10 pm)tyresmoke Anyone able to confirm what's on the X12 shuttle today?

yes it was planned as a spare although it was meant to be 1773

04 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm #26
A couple of things? What is it with this "dead corner" thing? Tyresmoke has commented that the one at Stockton is quite full and I remember when I was based at Redcar passing the long (and embarrassing) line of cripples parked against the depot fence. The words "driven to destruction then abandonded" spring to mind. The other point is that with the Scanias that now seem to causing problems on the Darlington routes. These are essentially a good vehicle and lovely to drive when maintained and operated correctly. Trouble is these that seem to causing the issues started their lives at Dormanstown / Redcar, were thrashed, often mercilessly, on service 63. Then they were shifted to be the mainstay on the X93/93, which we know is a demanding route with what used to ridiculous end to end timings. Given the history of maintainance issues that used to blight this depot I guess that contributed? Now they have moved again to probably similarly demanding routes with punishing schedules. One does wonder ?
scania driver
04 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm #26

A couple of things? What is it with this "dead corner" thing? Tyresmoke has commented that the one at Stockton is quite full and I remember when I was based at Redcar passing the long (and embarrassing) line of cripples parked against the depot fence. The words "driven to destruction then abandonded" spring to mind. The other point is that with the Scanias that now seem to causing problems on the Darlington routes. These are essentially a good vehicle and lovely to drive when maintained and operated correctly. Trouble is these that seem to causing the issues started their lives at Dormanstown / Redcar, were thrashed, often mercilessly, on service 63. Then they were shifted to be the mainstay on the X93/93, which we know is a demanding route with what used to ridiculous end to end timings. Given the history of maintainance issues that used to blight this depot I guess that contributed? Now they have moved again to probably similarly demanding routes with punishing schedules. One does wonder ?

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jan 2016, 4:31 pm #27

'Tis indeed 1764.

[Image: 24146812656_33038b433c.jpg]018 by emdjt42, on Flickr
Dan
04 Jan 2016, 4:31 pm #27

'Tis indeed 1764.

[Image: 24146812656_33038b433c.jpg]018 by emdjt42, on Flickr

RobinHood

04 Jan 2016, 4:51 pm #28
(04 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm)scania driver A couple of things? What is it with this "dead corner" thing? Tyresmoke has commented that the one at Stockton is quite full and I remember when I was based at Redcar passing the long (and embarrassing) line of cripples parked against the depot fence. The words "driven to destruction then abandonded" spring to mind. The other point is that with the Scanias that now seem to causing problems on the Darlington routes. These are essentially a good vehicle and lovely to drive when maintained and operated correctly. Trouble is these that seem to causing the issues started their lives at Dormanstown / Redcar, were thrashed, often mercilessly, on service 63. Then they were shifted to be the mainstay on the X93/93, which we know is a demanding route with what used to ridiculous end to end timings. Given the history of maintainance issues that used to blight this depot I guess that contributed? Now they have moved again to probably similarly demanding routes with punishing schedules. One does wonder ?

The X26/X27 seemed to manage with the Solos. That suggests the vehicles are not fit for the route, rather than 'demanding schedules'.

I wonder if Arriva will do something in May, which is the next Darlington change date.
RobinHood
04 Jan 2016, 4:51 pm #28

(04 Jan 2016, 1:56 pm)scania driver A couple of things? What is it with this "dead corner" thing? Tyresmoke has commented that the one at Stockton is quite full and I remember when I was based at Redcar passing the long (and embarrassing) line of cripples parked against the depot fence. The words "driven to destruction then abandonded" spring to mind. The other point is that with the Scanias that now seem to causing problems on the Darlington routes. These are essentially a good vehicle and lovely to drive when maintained and operated correctly. Trouble is these that seem to causing the issues started their lives at Dormanstown / Redcar, were thrashed, often mercilessly, on service 63. Then they were shifted to be the mainstay on the X93/93, which we know is a demanding route with what used to ridiculous end to end timings. Given the history of maintainance issues that used to blight this depot I guess that contributed? Now they have moved again to probably similarly demanding routes with punishing schedules. One does wonder ?

The X26/X27 seemed to manage with the Solos. That suggests the vehicles are not fit for the route, rather than 'demanding schedules'.

I wonder if Arriva will do something in May, which is the next Darlington change date.

tyresmoke

04 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm #29

It's where we park all of our disused buses haha! Ours is rather full now...
I think it's down to the price of scrap falling through the floor that it's just not worth selling them at the moment.

I agree with you on the problems with the Scanias, they're a very high maintenance bus and clearly if you don't look after them from new then years down the line you will end up with problem after problem. Clearly Darlington are finding this out now, and they've spent a small fortune on them I believe. Being at Durham, Redcar and Darlington since new doesn't help and like you say being thrashed on 63s and then given an even harder life on the X93 carrying loads that they clearly weren't designed to handle nor should have had to. Thank god someone with some sense saw to that issue a few years back.

There seems to be a number of time keeping issues with the X26/X27 and I never understood why it was reduced to every 20 mins a few years ago when every 15 mins suited it fine, giving a clock face timetable at all parts of the two routes rather than the awkward 20/40 min split we have at present. Hopefully this can be sorted out soon otherwise we risk competition from various parties.
tyresmoke
04 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm #29

It's where we park all of our disused buses haha! Ours is rather full now...
I think it's down to the price of scrap falling through the floor that it's just not worth selling them at the moment.

I agree with you on the problems with the Scanias, they're a very high maintenance bus and clearly if you don't look after them from new then years down the line you will end up with problem after problem. Clearly Darlington are finding this out now, and they've spent a small fortune on them I believe. Being at Durham, Redcar and Darlington since new doesn't help and like you say being thrashed on 63s and then given an even harder life on the X93 carrying loads that they clearly weren't designed to handle nor should have had to. Thank god someone with some sense saw to that issue a few years back.

There seems to be a number of time keeping issues with the X26/X27 and I never understood why it was reduced to every 20 mins a few years ago when every 15 mins suited it fine, giving a clock face timetable at all parts of the two routes rather than the awkward 20/40 min split we have at present. Hopefully this can be sorted out soon otherwise we risk competition from various parties.

04 Jan 2016, 7:41 pm #30
(04 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm)tyresmoke It's where we park all of our disused buses haha! Ours is rather full now...

Speaking of poor maintenance of the scanias 4644 broke down outside of tubwell row office at 17:30 this afternoon/evening
Stuartphin1639
04 Jan 2016, 7:41 pm #30

(04 Jan 2016, 7:37 pm)tyresmoke It's where we park all of our disused buses haha! Ours is rather full now...

Speaking of poor maintenance of the scanias 4644 broke down outside of tubwell row office at 17:30 this afternoon/evening

Jimmi

04 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm #31
(04 Jan 2016, 7:41 pm)Stuartphin1639 Speaking of poor maintenance of the scanias 4644 broke down outside of tubwell row office at 17:30 this afternoon/evening
That one seems to be a trouble maker, before the X66 became MAX and 4644 was one of five at Darlington for the X66 that example often seemed to be the one missing most days, it's sister 4645 wasn't much better either.
Jimmi
04 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm #31

(04 Jan 2016, 7:41 pm)Stuartphin1639 Speaking of poor maintenance of the scanias 4644 broke down outside of tubwell row office at 17:30 this afternoon/evening
That one seems to be a trouble maker, before the X66 became MAX and 4644 was one of five at Darlington for the X66 that example often seemed to be the one missing most days, it's sister 4645 wasn't much better either.

citaro5284

04 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm #32
(04 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm)Jimmi That one seems to be a trouble maker, before the X66 became MAX and 4644 was one of five at Darlington for the X66 that example often seemed to be the one missing most days, it's sister 4645 wasn't much better either.

detention required then me thinks
citaro5284
04 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm #32

(04 Jan 2016, 7:51 pm)Jimmi That one seems to be a trouble maker, before the X66 became MAX and 4644 was one of five at Darlington for the X66 that example often seemed to be the one missing most days, it's sister 4645 wasn't much better either.

detention required then me thinks

Jimmi

04 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm #33
Whilst on the subject of lack of information from Arriva, apart from a notice on 7609 on Thursday morning, I've not seen or heard nothing about the diversion/shuttle service on the X12 that started today. Dodgy

If it wasn't for this site and VOSA, I would know nothing on the matter and would be sat on the service thinking the driver has missed Gateshead out.
Jimmi
04 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm #33

Whilst on the subject of lack of information from Arriva, apart from a notice on 7609 on Thursday morning, I've not seen or heard nothing about the diversion/shuttle service on the X12 that started today. Dodgy

If it wasn't for this site and VOSA, I would know nothing on the matter and would be sat on the service thinking the driver has missed Gateshead out.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Jan 2016, 9:21 pm #34
(04 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm)Jimmi Whilst on the subject of lack of information from Arriva, apart from a notice on 7609 on Thursday morning, I've not seen or heard nothing about the diversion/shuttle service on the X12 that started today. Dodgy

There is something on the Arriva website about it, but you have to go on the X12 timetable page and do some scrolling to find it.

I butchered their write-up for our news article! Wink
Dan
04 Jan 2016, 9:21 pm #34

(04 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm)Jimmi Whilst on the subject of lack of information from Arriva, apart from a notice on 7609 on Thursday morning, I've not seen or heard nothing about the diversion/shuttle service on the X12 that started today. Dodgy

There is something on the Arriva website about it, but you have to go on the X12 timetable page and do some scrolling to find it.

BusLoverMum

04 Jan 2016, 9:26 pm #35

I would hope it's better publicised at Gateshead and the stops in Low Fell.
BusLoverMum
04 Jan 2016, 9:26 pm #35

I would hope it's better publicised at Gateshead and the stops in Low Fell.

DanPicken

Banned

04 Jan 2016, 9:29 pm #36
(04 Jan 2016, 9:26 pm)BusLoverMum I would hope it's better publicised at Gateshead and the stops in Low Fell.

Nexus will no doubt put a notice up after it's finished.
DanPicken
04 Jan 2016, 9:29 pm #36

(04 Jan 2016, 9:26 pm)BusLoverMum I would hope it's better publicised at Gateshead and the stops in Low Fell.

Nexus will no doubt put a notice up after it's finished.

Jimmi

04 Jan 2016, 9:33 pm #37
(04 Jan 2016, 9:21 pm)Dan There is something on the Arriva website about it, but you have to go on the X12 timetable page and do some scrolling to find it.

You certainly love copying and pasting Tongue

How many people are likely to be looking at the news/updates pages on Arriva's website on a regular basis, especially as most of the time you end up with info for services in different parts of the country, don't know where on earth Gravesend is but it's certainly not on the X12 route! I think especially for the way the services are running differently throughout these works it should have been mentioned of their Facebook and Twitter accounts but I certainly can't see any mention of it on their Facebook, doesn't help that the team who normally man the Arriva Facebook were off over Christmas with the article on Arriva's website being posted on Christmas Eve.

Here is the info on Arriva's website.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...Gateshead/
Jimmi
04 Jan 2016, 9:33 pm #37

(04 Jan 2016, 9:21 pm)Dan There is something on the Arriva website about it, but you have to go on the X12 timetable page and do some scrolling to find it.

You certainly love copying and pasting Tongue

How many people are likely to be looking at the news/updates pages on Arriva's website on a regular basis, especially as most of the time you end up with info for services in different parts of the country, don't know where on earth Gravesend is but it's certainly not on the X12 route! I think especially for the way the services are running differently throughout these works it should have been mentioned of their Facebook and Twitter accounts but I certainly can't see any mention of it on their Facebook, doesn't help that the team who normally man the Arriva Facebook were off over Christmas with the article on Arriva's website being posted on Christmas Eve.

BusLoverMum

04 Jan 2016, 9:45 pm #38
(04 Jan 2016, 9:33 pm)Jimmi You certainly love copying and pasting Tongue

It's in Kent Smile

One of Big'un's endless questions is "where's so and so?" He's almost floored when I don't actually know. I should really make it up, because he asks the same ones over and over, anyhow.

"Where's Matlock, mum?"
"Mars."

That works, doesn't it? Doesn't matter that I know it's in Derbyshire, because he won't remember Wink
BusLoverMum
04 Jan 2016, 9:45 pm #38

(04 Jan 2016, 9:33 pm)Jimmi You certainly love copying and pasting Tongue

It's in Kent Smile

One of Big'un's endless questions is "where's so and so?" He's almost floored when I don't actually know. I should really make it up, because he asks the same ones over and over, anyhow.

"Where's Matlock, mum?"
"Mars."

That works, doesn't it? Doesn't matter that I know it's in Derbyshire, because he won't remember Wink

05 Jan 2016, 7:47 am #39
sorry if this been asked how long is jesmond doing the X12 shuttle

JMoss
jaimzm
05 Jan 2016, 7:47 am #39

sorry if this been asked how long is jesmond doing the X12 shuttle

JMoss

Michael

05 Jan 2016, 7:51 am #40
(05 Jan 2016, 7:47 am)jaimzm sorry if this been asked how long is jesmond doing the X12 shuttle

The page on the Arriva site states:

Monday 4th January to Tuesday 5th April 2016

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jan 2016, 7:51 am #40

(05 Jan 2016, 7:47 am)jaimzm sorry if this been asked how long is jesmond doing the X12 shuttle

The page on the Arriva site states:

Monday 4th January to Tuesday 5th April 2016

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (18) Previous 1 2 318 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average