Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2016

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (18) Previous 1 2 3 418 Next
05 Jan 2016, 8:21 am #41
(05 Jan 2016, 7:51 am)Michael The page on the Arriva site states:

Monday 4th January to Tuesday 5th April 2016

thank you

JMoss
jaimzm
05 Jan 2016, 8:21 am #41

(05 Jan 2016, 7:51 am)Michael The page on the Arriva site states:

Monday 4th January to Tuesday 5th April 2016

thank you

JMoss

05 Jan 2016, 11:25 am #42
(04 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm)Jimmi Whilst on the subject of lack of information from Arriva, apart from a notice on 7609 on Thursday morning, I've not seen or heard nothing about the diversion/shuttle service on the X12 that started today. Dodgy

If it wasn't for this site and VOSA, I would know nothing on the matter and would be sat on the service thinking the driver has missed Gateshead out.

I thought you had just said that you saw a notice on Thursday, so surely you would have known something on the matter?
palatine3833
05 Jan 2016, 11:25 am #42

(04 Jan 2016, 9:18 pm)Jimmi Whilst on the subject of lack of information from Arriva, apart from a notice on 7609 on Thursday morning, I've not seen or heard nothing about the diversion/shuttle service on the X12 that started today. Dodgy

If it wasn't for this site and VOSA, I would know nothing on the matter and would be sat on the service thinking the driver has missed Gateshead out.

I thought you had just said that you saw a notice on Thursday, so surely you would have known something on the matter?

Jimmi

05 Jan 2016, 11:54 am #43
(05 Jan 2016, 11:25 am)palatine3833 I thought you had just said that you saw a notice on Thursday, so surely you would have known something on the matter?
Problem there was because of where the notice board is on 7609 I only managed to read the text in bold which all I could get from it was there is a closure/division in Gateshead from Monday 4th January, particularly as I only had time to read it whilst stood behind the person boarding in front of me.
Jimmi
05 Jan 2016, 11:54 am #43

(05 Jan 2016, 11:25 am)palatine3833 I thought you had just said that you saw a notice on Thursday, so surely you would have known something on the matter?
Problem there was because of where the notice board is on 7609 I only managed to read the text in bold which all I could get from it was there is a closure/division in Gateshead from Monday 4th January, particularly as I only had time to read it whilst stood behind the person boarding in front of me.

tyresmoke

05 Jan 2016, 12:02 pm #44
(05 Jan 2016, 11:54 am)Jimmi Problem there was because of where the notice board is on 7609 I only managed to read the text in bold which all I could get from it was there is a closure/division in Gateshead from Monday 4th January, particularly as I only had time to read it whilst stood behind the person boarding in front of me.

If only we could put notices on every seat eh!
I'm sure I posted something about it on here last week as soon as our notice went up in our staff room.
It's pretty poor that they've not put anything on Facebook / Twitter though?
tyresmoke
05 Jan 2016, 12:02 pm #44

(05 Jan 2016, 11:54 am)Jimmi Problem there was because of where the notice board is on 7609 I only managed to read the text in bold which all I could get from it was there is a closure/division in Gateshead from Monday 4th January, particularly as I only had time to read it whilst stood behind the person boarding in front of me.

If only we could put notices on every seat eh!
I'm sure I posted something about it on here last week as soon as our notice went up in our staff room.

05 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm #45
7413 has arrived at Ashington depot.
[Image: 23822051009_116b922d89.jpg]
Arriva Northumbria: 7413 | LF52 UPN by Thomas Simms, on Flickr
omnicity4659
05 Jan 2016, 12:29 pm #45

7413 has arrived at Ashington depot.
[Image: 23822051009_116b922d89.jpg]
Arriva Northumbria: 7413 | LF52 UPN by Thomas Simms, on Flickr

Andreos1

05 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm #46
(05 Jan 2016, 12:02 pm)tyresmoke If only we could put notices on every seat eh!

This sort of situation, is the ideal opportunity for operators to develop the next stop screen technology to show/announce closures or diversions.
This could also be developed to advertise changes to services too.

Not everyone has access to social media. The more information that is out on the actual vehicles, the better in my opinion.
Social media can only add to it.

Granted it may create more work for someone, but the punters in the seats just want to know what is happening and the changes they may need to make.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm #46

(05 Jan 2016, 12:02 pm)tyresmoke If only we could put notices on every seat eh!

This sort of situation, is the ideal opportunity for operators to develop the next stop screen technology to show/announce closures or diversions.

Not everyone has access to social media. The more information that is out on the actual vehicles, the better in my opinion.

Granted it may create more work for someone, but the punters in the seats just want to know what is happening and the changes they may need to make.

BusLoverMum

05 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm #47
(05 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm)Andreos1 This sort of situation, is the ideal opportunity for operators to develop the next stop screen technology to show/announce closures or diversions.

That would be a great idea, if the X12 had NSAs
BusLoverMum
05 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm #47

(05 Jan 2016, 1:17 pm)Andreos1 This sort of situation, is the ideal opportunity for operators to develop the next stop screen technology to show/announce closures or diversions.

That would be a great idea, if the X12 had NSAs

Andreos1

05 Jan 2016, 1:52 pm #48
(05 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm)BusLoverMum That would be a great idea, if the X12 had NSAs

It doesn't matter what route it is - whether it is the X12, the 64 or the 22.
Operators are falling over themselves to push funky seats, plugs and wifi and on some services - NSA.

We are all told why the NSA is used - so let's see it taken to the next level. One that can benefit every passenger on the bus and (in the case of some operators), not just another advertising medium.

Andreos1
05 Jan 2016, 1:52 pm #48

(05 Jan 2016, 1:19 pm)BusLoverMum That would be a great idea, if the X12 had NSAs

It doesn't matter what route it is - whether it is the X12, the 64 or the 22.
Operators are falling over themselves to push funky seats, plugs and wifi and on some services - NSA.

We are all told why the NSA is used - so let's see it taken to the next level. One that can benefit every passenger on the bus and (in the case of some operators), not just another advertising medium.

Adrian

05 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm #49
(05 Jan 2016, 1:52 pm)Andreos1 It doesn't matter what route it is - whether it is the X12, the 64 or the 22.

What about good old fashioned communication? Someone at main interchanges to explain the closures. I travelled on the 27 between Heworth and Gateshead yesterday, and we ended up with a queue of folk waiting to get off at Jackson Street. Until the driver pointed out about the closure.

Why can't Nexus or the operators have staff present to actually tell passengers about it? Nothing works better than face to face communication.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm #49

(05 Jan 2016, 1:52 pm)Andreos1 It doesn't matter what route it is - whether it is the X12, the 64 or the 22.

What about good old fashioned communication? Someone at main interchanges to explain the closures. I travelled on the 27 between Heworth and Gateshead yesterday, and we ended up with a queue of folk waiting to get off at Jackson Street. Until the driver pointed out about the closure.

Why can't Nexus or the operators have staff present to actually tell passengers about it? Nothing works better than face to face communication.

05 Jan 2016, 2:10 pm #50
Far to much dependency on social media these days. We don't all have or want smartphones or being dependent on the reliability (or not) of these apps. What is matter with the common sense approach of informing the punters of stuff like the X12 Gateshead carry on with notices on the buses ? I mean the things are festooned with c**p about things folk ain't bothered about !
scania driver
05 Jan 2016, 2:10 pm #50

Far to much dependency on social media these days. We don't all have or want smartphones or being dependent on the reliability (or not) of these apps. What is matter with the common sense approach of informing the punters of stuff like the X12 Gateshead carry on with notices on the buses ? I mean the things are festooned with c**p about things folk ain't bothered about !

Andreos1

05 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm #51
(05 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm)Adrian What about good old fashioned communication? Someone at main interchanges to explain the closures. I travelled on the 27 between Heworth and Gateshead yesterday, and we ended up with a queue of folk waiting to get off at Jackson Street. Until the driver pointed out about the closure.

Face to face communication is great, but where will these people be based?
I reckon it will be impossible to base a member of staff on each bus (we are often given the excuses about drivers not being able to enter conversation about late buses on the social media pages).
Impossible to have a member of staff at each stop.

The more methods used - the better.
Edited 05 Jan 2016, 2:17 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
05 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm #51

(05 Jan 2016, 2:06 pm)Adrian What about good old fashioned communication? Someone at main interchanges to explain the closures. I travelled on the 27 between Heworth and Gateshead yesterday, and we ended up with a queue of folk waiting to get off at Jackson Street. Until the driver pointed out about the closure.

Face to face communication is great, but where will these people be based?
I reckon it will be impossible to base a member of staff on each bus (we are often given the excuses about drivers not being able to enter conversation about late buses on the social media pages).

Adrian

05 Jan 2016, 2:19 pm #52
(05 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm)Andreos1 Face to face communication is great, but where will these people be based?

Interchange points? Gateshead services run on a hub and spoke model for the most part, so why not have them at Interchange points? Gateshead and Heworth should be sufficient, being the two hubs between the closure.

I appreciate it doesn't capture the entire audience, but no one method will.

Adrian
05 Jan 2016, 2:19 pm #52

(05 Jan 2016, 2:16 pm)Andreos1 Face to face communication is great, but where will these people be based?

Interchange points? Gateshead services run on a hub and spoke model for the most part, so why not have them at Interchange points? Gateshead and Heworth should be sufficient, being the two hubs between the closure.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Jan 2016, 2:23 pm #53

I mentioned on another part of the forum not so long ago that Hanover and Icomera have introduced a new link between the free customer Wi-Fi system and the destination and Next Stop Announcement systems, allowing media to be updated during the day, 'over the air'. If a service was terminating short (at Gateshead opposed to Newcastle for example), the media could in theory be updated to alert passengers.

I understand Go North East plans to make use of this new link, and will trial it on new vehicles to be deployed on service X21. Obviously there is a cost in doing this, but if included in new vehicle spec, it's not seen as such a huge cost. The TFT screens on the older vehicles are going to be better utilised on Go North East's buses in future, too.
Dan
05 Jan 2016, 2:23 pm #53

I mentioned on another part of the forum not so long ago that Hanover and Icomera have introduced a new link between the free customer Wi-Fi system and the destination and Next Stop Announcement systems, allowing media to be updated during the day, 'over the air'. If a service was terminating short (at Gateshead opposed to Newcastle for example), the media could in theory be updated to alert passengers.

I understand Go North East plans to make use of this new link, and will trial it on new vehicles to be deployed on service X21. Obviously there is a cost in doing this, but if included in new vehicle spec, it's not seen as such a huge cost. The TFT screens on the older vehicles are going to be better utilised on Go North East's buses in future, too.

05 Jan 2016, 2:26 pm #54
I'm told that 7410 has received NSA monitors, this is from an enthusiast mind.
omnicity4659
05 Jan 2016, 2:26 pm #54

I'm told that 7410 has received NSA monitors, this is from an enthusiast mind.

Andreos1

05 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm #55
(05 Jan 2016, 2:19 pm)Adrian Interchange points? Gateshead services run on a hub and spoke model for the most part, so why not have them at Interchange points? Gateshead and Heworth should be sufficient, being the two hubs between the closure.

In the case of the 27 yesterday, then maybe someone could be at Heworth.
It isn't always going be practical though.

Re your last point. Totally agree, which is why I said about the more methods being used.
Posters - in more than one location on the vehicle, the NSA's, Social Media, people at hubs, literature at stops... Plus whatever else can be identified.
There is the potential for a better coverage than the methods used currently.

Andreos1
05 Jan 2016, 2:29 pm #55

(05 Jan 2016, 2:19 pm)Adrian Interchange points? Gateshead services run on a hub and spoke model for the most part, so why not have them at Interchange points? Gateshead and Heworth should be sufficient, being the two hubs between the closure.

In the case of the 27 yesterday, then maybe someone could be at Heworth.
It isn't always going be practical though.

Re your last point. Totally agree, which is why I said about the more methods being used.
Posters - in more than one location on the vehicle, the NSA's, Social Media, people at hubs, literature at stops... Plus whatever else can be identified.
There is the potential for a better coverage than the methods used currently.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm #56

Worth mentioning that Go North East have a bus station supervisor present at Gateshead Interchange every day (similar to Newcastle Eldon Square, Washington Galleries and Park Lane), and there's often other members of the Service Performance Team present at Gateshead Interchange during busy periods, special events or other times when the main supervisor may not be available.

Indeed, I passed through Gateshead Interchange at 15:30 today, and the supervisor was in a high-vis jacket, assisting customers at the top of the Metro escalators. I'm not sure if it was about the closure/diversion or not, but there's always usually a Go North East representative present (somewhere) at Gateshead Interchange.
Dan
05 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm #56

Worth mentioning that Go North East have a bus station supervisor present at Gateshead Interchange every day (similar to Newcastle Eldon Square, Washington Galleries and Park Lane), and there's often other members of the Service Performance Team present at Gateshead Interchange during busy periods, special events or other times when the main supervisor may not be available.

Indeed, I passed through Gateshead Interchange at 15:30 today, and the supervisor was in a high-vis jacket, assisting customers at the top of the Metro escalators. I'm not sure if it was about the closure/diversion or not, but there's always usually a Go North East representative present (somewhere) at Gateshead Interchange.

05 Jan 2016, 6:43 pm #57
Volvo B10BLE 4514 has managed to turn up working for Yorkshire Tiger working out of Waterloo https://www.flickr.com/photos/60499654@N05/23565244754/
Edited 05 Jan 2016, 6:44 pm by South Tyne Lad.
South Tyne Lad
05 Jan 2016, 6:43 pm #57

Volvo B10BLE 4514 has managed to turn up working for Yorkshire Tiger working out of Waterloo https://www.flickr.com/photos/60499654@N05/23565244754/

BusLoverMum

05 Jan 2016, 8:05 pm #58
(05 Jan 2016, 6:43 pm)South Tyne Lad Volvo B10BLE 4514 has managed to turn up working for Yorkshire Tiger working out of Waterloo https://www.flickr.com/photos/60499654@N05/23565244754/

The destination isn't right convincing Angel
BusLoverMum
05 Jan 2016, 8:05 pm #58

(05 Jan 2016, 6:43 pm)South Tyne Lad Volvo B10BLE 4514 has managed to turn up working for Yorkshire Tiger working out of Waterloo https://www.flickr.com/photos/60499654@N05/23565244754/

The destination isn't right convincing Angel

05 Jan 2016, 8:06 pm #59
Has it been mentioned that 1418 received a blue skirt?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@...otostream/
omnicity4659
05 Jan 2016, 8:06 pm #59

Has it been mentioned that 1418 received a blue skirt?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127739730@...otostream/

tyresmoke

05 Jan 2016, 8:07 pm #60
Yup it has, a number of them have been done. I'm sure our resident expert will be along soon...
tyresmoke
05 Jan 2016, 8:07 pm #60

Yup it has, a number of them have been done. I'm sure our resident expert will be along soon...

Pages (18) Previous 1 2 3 418 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average