Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events 500 Group Annual Teesside Running Day 2016

500 Group Annual Teesside Running Day 2016

500 Group Annual Teesside Running Day 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
tyresmoke

24 Apr 2016, 6:18 pm #41
Skelton brought ESU941 for completeness.
Thoroughly enjoyed today and the first time I've actually driven any of the runs - which I did a trip to Stockton & Yarm with (one of my old friends!) Olympian R833OVN before switching to Scania YN03DFC for the Haverton Hill run to Stockton. Don't officially start at Stagecarriage until tomorrow but John wanted me to help out today which I was delighted to do.
Glad the sun came out at some points in the day, and especially for the photo shoots at the end of the day - and I thought the amount of people attending seemed much higher so maybe the message is finally starting to get out about the event after many years!
tyresmoke
24 Apr 2016, 6:18 pm #41

Skelton brought ESU941 for completeness.
Thoroughly enjoyed today and the first time I've actually driven any of the runs - which I did a trip to Stockton & Yarm with (one of my old friends!) Olympian R833OVN before switching to Scania YN03DFC for the Haverton Hill run to Stockton. Don't officially start at Stagecarriage until tomorrow but John wanted me to help out today which I was delighted to do.
Glad the sun came out at some points in the day, and especially for the photo shoots at the end of the day - and I thought the amount of people attending seemed much higher so maybe the message is finally starting to get out about the event after many years!

Kuyoyo

24 Apr 2016, 6:24 pm #42
Only didn't include the Skelton vehicle details because I didn't actually know what they brought - they were down as bringing SC63TOY but didn't, and I was that busy trying to keep things going (at one point, I ended up being the only one, bar the gentleman manning our stall, still at base with every other volunteer being out as a guide.
Kuyoyo
24 Apr 2016, 6:24 pm #42

Only didn't include the Skelton vehicle details because I didn't actually know what they brought - they were down as bringing SC63TOY but didn't, and I was that busy trying to keep things going (at one point, I ended up being the only one, bar the gentleman manning our stall, still at base with every other volunteer being out as a guide.

LeeCalder

24 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm #43
Well organised, you did an excellent job Tony, kept everyone, including myself well informed.
LeeCalder
24 Apr 2016, 6:45 pm #43

Well organised, you did an excellent job Tony, kept everyone, including myself well informed.

MurdnunoC

24 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm #44
It was an enjoyable day overall, found a few buttons too. Score!
MurdnunoC
24 Apr 2016, 7:18 pm #44

It was an enjoyable day overall, found a few buttons too. Score!

24 Apr 2016, 7:54 pm #45
One gripe from today is the stingyness of riders. Not aiming this at anyone in particular but if an owner is good enough to put their pride and joy to use then the least that can be done is to show their appreciation by putting something in the kitty. Not complain that the steps are too high or the bus has a "funny smell" (it's an old vehicle for God's sake) - things like this that dissuade owners from putting their buses out in the future.
stueybish
24 Apr 2016, 7:54 pm #45

One gripe from today is the stingyness of riders. Not aiming this at anyone in particular but if an owner is good enough to put their pride and joy to use then the least that can be done is to show their appreciation by putting something in the kitty. Not complain that the steps are too high or the bus has a "funny smell" (it's an old vehicle for God's sake) - things like this that dissuade owners from putting their buses out in the future.

Adrian

24 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm #46
(24 Apr 2016, 7:54 pm)stueybish One gripe from today is the stingyness of riders. Not aiming this at anyone in particular but if an owner is good enough to put their pride and joy to use then the least that can be done is to show their appreciation by putting something in the kitty. Not complain that the steps are too high or the bus has a "funny smell" (it's an old vehicle for God's sake) - things like this that dissuade owners from putting their buses out in the future.

Do you not think you get that everywhere Stu? I completely agree with you, but I just think that people in general are quicker to complain about something, than they are to appreciate something. 

That being said, there were a lot of fantastic preserved vehicles out today. Those that own and/or maintain them deserve a lot of credit.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm #46

(24 Apr 2016, 7:54 pm)stueybish One gripe from today is the stingyness of riders. Not aiming this at anyone in particular but if an owner is good enough to put their pride and joy to use then the least that can be done is to show their appreciation by putting something in the kitty. Not complain that the steps are too high or the bus has a "funny smell" (it's an old vehicle for God's sake) - things like this that dissuade owners from putting their buses out in the future.

Do you not think you get that everywhere Stu? I completely agree with you, but I just think that people in general are quicker to complain about something, than they are to appreciate something. 

That being said, there were a lot of fantastic preserved vehicles out today. Those that own and/or maintain them deserve a lot of credit.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Jimmi

24 Apr 2016, 8:17 pm #47
Well, who do we have at the front here... Big Grin Tongue
[Image: 26594229706_b5fccd1de0.jpg]Stagecarriage: 28 / YN03DFC by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Today's photos are now on my Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...5211085464
Edited 24 Apr 2016, 8:21 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
24 Apr 2016, 8:17 pm #47

Well, who do we have at the front here... Big Grin Tongue
[Image: 26594229706_b5fccd1de0.jpg]Stagecarriage: 28 / YN03DFC by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

Today's photos are now on my Flickr.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...5211085464

24 Apr 2016, 8:21 pm #48
(24 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm)Adrian Do you not think you get that everywhere Stu? I completely agree with you, but I just think that people in general are quicker to complain about something, than they are to appreciate something. 

It's becoming more prevalent at rallies, I really don't know what people expect at a vintage bus running day!

I was tied up all day and never got a chance to sample the other participants at the rally but there was some fantastic vehicles brought today, so to all the owners and societies that participated today, THANK YOU!!
stueybish
24 Apr 2016, 8:21 pm #48

(24 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm)Adrian Do you not think you get that everywhere Stu? I completely agree with you, but I just think that people in general are quicker to complain about something, than they are to appreciate something. 

It's becoming more prevalent at rallies, I really don't know what people expect at a vintage bus running day!

I was tied up all day and never got a chance to sample the other participants at the rally but there was some fantastic vehicles brought today, so to all the owners and societies that participated today, THANK YOU!!

24 Apr 2016, 8:48 pm #49
Had a good trip today apart from the 40 minute wait at Middlesbrough Bus Station, which I am aware now to be due to issues with some of the buses which can't be helped. Had a ride on JDC 599 on the way to the Transporter Bridge and RWU 534R on the way back to the bus station, due to other commitments this afternoon I unfortunately didn't have time to ride on more buses. Thanks to the owners of these buses for their hard work and dedication, as well as the organisers and societies for their hard work and effort to make this possible.

Photos

https://flic.kr/p/FCWHqH

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Edited 24 Apr 2016, 9:19 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
24 Apr 2016, 8:48 pm #49

Had a good trip today apart from the 40 minute wait at Middlesbrough Bus Station, which I am aware now to be due to issues with some of the buses which can't be helped. Had a ride on JDC 599 on the way to the Transporter Bridge and RWU 534R on the way back to the bus station, due to other commitments this afternoon I unfortunately didn't have time to ride on more buses. Thanks to the owners of these buses for their hard work and dedication, as well as the organisers and societies for their hard work and effort to make this possible.

Photos

https://flic.kr/p/FCWHqH

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

BusLoverMum

24 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm #50
It was a shame we didn't get chance to come along. Desperately needed to get a food shop in and didn't think litt'un would have had the patience, anyhow.

Agree that the work that goes into restoring vehicles, of any sort (my dad's hobby is restoring motorbikes - the older and more obscure, the better), often from rusty shells is phenomenal and it's a privilege to have owners share their efforts with others at rallies and such.
BusLoverMum
24 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm #50

It was a shame we didn't get chance to come along. Desperately needed to get a food shop in and didn't think litt'un would have had the patience, anyhow.

Agree that the work that goes into restoring vehicles, of any sort (my dad's hobby is restoring motorbikes - the older and more obscure, the better), often from rusty shells is phenomenal and it's a privilege to have owners share their efforts with others at rallies and such.

24 Apr 2016, 9:45 pm #51
I have to say, I think that has got to be the best Teesside Running Day that I've attended.

Even though things were going wrong, people were happy, the atmosphere was good. There was a great variety of vehicles attending and all vehicles I travelled on were a credit to their owners / operators. And was great chatting to various other enthusiasts.

My day consisted of....
Stagecarriage Omnidekka from Transporter to Stockton via Acklam. The thing went like a train, John has done a lot of tweaking to it to make it better. And myself doing a silly pose at the front in Stockton when I saw Jimmy setting up his shot, did you actually see me do it as you took the photo or did you only discover it when you downloaded your camera lol.
Newcastle Atlantean PDR1 221PVK from Stockton to Transporter
Black Prince Prisma from Transporter to Yarm and return.
Lee Garetts fantastic Bristol RE from Transporter to Stockton via the loop around Billingham
West Yorkshire Leyland Leopard from Stockton to Transporter.
Barrow Leyland Atlantean from Transporter to Stockton
Transit VR from Stockton to Transporter.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
24 Apr 2016, 9:45 pm #51

I have to say, I think that has got to be the best Teesside Running Day that I've attended.

Even though things were going wrong, people were happy, the atmosphere was good. There was a great variety of vehicles attending and all vehicles I travelled on were a credit to their owners / operators. And was great chatting to various other enthusiasts.

My day consisted of....
Stagecarriage Omnidekka from Transporter to Stockton via Acklam. The thing went like a train, John has done a lot of tweaking to it to make it better. And myself doing a silly pose at the front in Stockton when I saw Jimmy setting up his shot, did you actually see me do it as you took the photo or did you only discover it when you downloaded your camera lol.
Lee Garetts fantastic Bristol RE from Transporter to Stockton via the loop around Billingham

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Jimmi

24 Apr 2016, 10:06 pm #52
(24 Apr 2016, 9:45 pm)GMitchelhill I have to say, I think that has got to be the best Teesside Running Day that I've attended.

My day consisted of....

Don't think I noticed until I looked at the photo on the camera when I boarded the OmniDekka.

I did the following:
Stagecarriage - OmniDekka YN03DFC: Stockton - Transporter (via I don't know where!).
Black Prince - Prisma N577EUG: Transporter - Transporter (via Stockton, Yarm then direct via the A19).
Stagecarriage - OmniDekka YN03DFC: Transporter - Boro Bus Station (only rode this twice as I wanted the toilet and some lunch, Scott was driving this journey).
Newcastle Corporation Transport - Leyland Atlantean 221JVK: Boro Bus Station - Transporter (before boarding this I spied Dan eating McDonalds - shock! Tongue )
South Shields Busways - Leyalnd Atlantean SCN268S: Transporter - Stockton.
Stagecarriage - Volvo Olympian R833OVN: Stockton - Transporter (via Billingham and Stockton again, I quite liked this bus).
Stagecarriage - Volvo Olympian R833OVN: Transporter - Boro Bus Station (was the last bus to the bus station, was going to get the train home but decided against it when I discovered the train was 25 minutes late).

Not the best variety but I had fun, would have liked the United Bristol RE but sadly it was avoiding me today, fortunately I rode it at Seaburn last year and it is a fantastic machine!
Jimmi
24 Apr 2016, 10:06 pm #52

(24 Apr 2016, 9:45 pm)GMitchelhill I have to say, I think that has got to be the best Teesside Running Day that I've attended.

My day consisted of....

Don't think I noticed until I looked at the photo on the camera when I boarded the OmniDekka.

I did the following:
Stagecarriage - OmniDekka YN03DFC: Stockton - Transporter (via I don't know where!).
Black Prince - Prisma N577EUG: Transporter - Transporter (via Stockton, Yarm then direct via the A19).
Stagecarriage - OmniDekka YN03DFC: Transporter - Boro Bus Station (only rode this twice as I wanted the toilet and some lunch, Scott was driving this journey).
Newcastle Corporation Transport - Leyland Atlantean 221JVK: Boro Bus Station - Transporter (before boarding this I spied Dan eating McDonalds - shock! Tongue )
South Shields Busways - Leyalnd Atlantean SCN268S: Transporter - Stockton.
Stagecarriage - Volvo Olympian R833OVN: Stockton - Transporter (via Billingham and Stockton again, I quite liked this bus).
Stagecarriage - Volvo Olympian R833OVN: Transporter - Boro Bus Station (was the last bus to the bus station, was going to get the train home but decided against it when I discovered the train was 25 minutes late).

Not the best variety but I had fun, would have liked the United Bristol RE but sadly it was avoiding me today, fortunately I rode it at Seaburn last year and it is a fantastic machine!

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average