Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Andreos1

17 Oct 2016, 5:02 pm #41
(16 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm)Jimmi Someone drove up the down ramps in the Grainger Street car park in Newcastle.

(17 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm)MurdnunoC At the risk of sounding like a numpty, for the life of me, I can't think of where the car-park is on Grainger Street.
Definitely no car park on Grainger Street. 

However the same person who went up the wrong ramp in the mystery car park, may have been the same person who took the wrong turn at Houghton Gate earlier and sent two cars that were going in the correct direction, scattering. 
The were coming up from Chester and were turning right towards Bournmoor - but went down the wrong bit of road, ignoring a no entry sign.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
17 Oct 2016, 5:02 pm #41

(16 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm)Jimmi Someone drove up the down ramps in the Grainger Street car park in Newcastle.

(17 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm)MurdnunoC At the risk of sounding like a numpty, for the life of me, I can't think of where the car-park is on Grainger Street.
Definitely no car park on Grainger Street. 

However the same person who went up the wrong ramp in the mystery car park, may have been the same person who took the wrong turn at Houghton Gate earlier and sent two cars that were going in the correct direction, scattering. 
The were coming up from Chester and were turning right towards Bournmoor - but went down the wrong bit of road, ignoring a no entry sign.

17 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm #42
Numerous cars going through the bus link in and out of Ikea when there are clear "no entry" signs on both sides

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
17 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm #42

Numerous cars going through the bus link in and out of Ikea when there are clear "no entry" signs on both sides

Jimmi

17 Oct 2016, 7:26 pm #43

It's me who has made myself out to be a numpty, I meant the Grainger Town multi-story car park by where Holiday Inn Express is. Knew it was Grainger something, don't know why I went with Street though considering it ain't even close to Grainger Street.
Jimmi
17 Oct 2016, 7:26 pm #43

It's me who has made myself out to be a numpty, I meant the Grainger Town multi-story car park by where Holiday Inn Express is. Knew it was Grainger something, don't know why I went with Street though considering it ain't even close to Grainger Street.

17 Oct 2016, 11:03 pm #44
I've actually driven bang road down them ramps at Grainger Town last year. Mainly due to the fact they had one direction closed for repairs, so they had temp lights to ensure the car park could still be accessed. It was rather odd to say the least.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
17 Oct 2016, 11:03 pm #44

I've actually driven bang road down them ramps at Grainger Town last year. Mainly due to the fact they had one direction closed for repairs, so they had temp lights to ensure the car park could still be accessed. It was rather odd to say the least.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

BusLoverMum

17 Oct 2016, 11:12 pm #45
(17 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm)TEN 6083 Numerous cars going through the bus link in and out of Ikea when there are clear "no entry" signs on both sides

Noticed a few last week.
BusLoverMum
17 Oct 2016, 11:12 pm #45

(17 Oct 2016, 7:19 pm)TEN 6083 Numerous cars going through the bus link in and out of Ikea when there are clear "no entry" signs on both sides

Noticed a few last week.

22 Oct 2016, 6:09 pm #46
An idiot was riding a mobility scooter on the bus lane on Newbridge street at the end of Byker Bridge this afternoon
neilwatson
22 Oct 2016, 6:09 pm #46

An idiot was riding a mobility scooter on the bus lane on Newbridge street at the end of Byker Bridge this afternoon

25 Oct 2016, 10:36 am #47
Some idiot in a Fiesta going up Newgate Street past The Gate when the signs say buses and Taxis only, also someone pressing the bell on 10B at Eldon Square Bus Station when it's a terminus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited 25 Oct 2016, 10:37 am by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
25 Oct 2016, 10:36 am #47

Some idiot in a Fiesta going up Newgate Street past The Gate when the signs say buses and Taxis only, also someone pressing the bell on 10B at Eldon Square Bus Station when it's a terminus

Brian13

25 Oct 2016, 3:44 pm #48
(25 Oct 2016, 10:36 am)TEN 6083 Some idiot in a Fiesta going up Newgate Street past The Gate when the signs say buses and Taxis only, also someone pressing the bell on 10B at Eldon Square Bus Station when it's a terminus

I don't normally press the bell but I got a complaint from a E1 driver as I didn't press the bell upstairs on 19644. He drove straight past Shields market terminus and parked in the layover and said you still need to press the bell
Brian13
25 Oct 2016, 3:44 pm #48

(25 Oct 2016, 10:36 am)TEN 6083 Some idiot in a Fiesta going up Newgate Street past The Gate when the signs say buses and Taxis only, also someone pressing the bell on 10B at Eldon Square Bus Station when it's a terminus

I don't normally press the bell but I got a complaint from a E1 driver as I didn't press the bell upstairs on 19644. He drove straight past Shields market terminus and parked in the layover and said you still need to press the bell

Jimmi

25 Oct 2016, 4:07 pm #49
(25 Oct 2016, 3:44 pm)Brian13 I don't normally press the bell but I got a complaint from a E1 driver as I didn't press the bell upstairs on 19644. He drove straight past Shields market terminus and parked in the layover and said you still need to press the bell
Worst is when people expect the bus to stop at a major stop and don't press the bell and remain seated, everyone expects the buses to stop at Aycliffe Town Centre but I was on a late running 5/5A one day, no alert for passengers wishing to alight, no passengers wishing to board at the stop, so driver drove straight past the stop, thought he was going to get lynched by the passengers for not stopping.
Jimmi
25 Oct 2016, 4:07 pm #49

(25 Oct 2016, 3:44 pm)Brian13 I don't normally press the bell but I got a complaint from a E1 driver as I didn't press the bell upstairs on 19644. He drove straight past Shields market terminus and parked in the layover and said you still need to press the bell
Worst is when people expect the bus to stop at a major stop and don't press the bell and remain seated, everyone expects the buses to stop at Aycliffe Town Centre but I was on a late running 5/5A one day, no alert for passengers wishing to alight, no passengers wishing to board at the stop, so driver drove straight past the stop, thought he was going to get lynched by the passengers for not stopping.

Brian13

26 Oct 2016, 8:51 am #50
(25 Oct 2016, 4:07 pm)Jimmi Worst is when people expect the bus to stop at a major stop and don't press the bell and remain seated, everyone expects the buses to stop at Aycliffe Town Centre but I was on a late running 5/5A one day, no alert for passengers wishing to alight, no passengers wishing to board at the stop, so driver drove straight past the stop, thought he was going to get lynched by the passengers for not stopping.

I only press the bell when it isn't a terminus. Happened once on the TTX it was empty and everyone expected it to stop at Billingham but nobody wanted it so he rightly drove. Probably something he regretted as about 5 pensioners had a go at him and forced him to stop further down the road
Brian13
26 Oct 2016, 8:51 am #50

(25 Oct 2016, 4:07 pm)Jimmi Worst is when people expect the bus to stop at a major stop and don't press the bell and remain seated, everyone expects the buses to stop at Aycliffe Town Centre but I was on a late running 5/5A one day, no alert for passengers wishing to alight, no passengers wishing to board at the stop, so driver drove straight past the stop, thought he was going to get lynched by the passengers for not stopping.

I only press the bell when it isn't a terminus. Happened once on the TTX it was empty and everyone expected it to stop at Billingham but nobody wanted it so he rightly drove. Probably something he regretted as about 5 pensioners had a go at him and forced him to stop further down the road

Jimmi

26 Oct 2016, 10:44 am #51
Further to the above,

Unamused old woman as driver on the X30 drove straight past the stop she wanted to be off in Dunston, she was still partly on the seat and hadn't pressed the bell, despite her hand being just below it, so driver drove past the stop, probably would have passed the next one had somebody not boarded at the next stop
Jimmi
26 Oct 2016, 10:44 am #51

Further to the above,

Unamused old woman as driver on the X30 drove straight past the stop she wanted to be off in Dunston, she was still partly on the seat and hadn't pressed the bell, despite her hand being just below it, so driver drove past the stop, probably would have passed the next one had somebody not boarded at the next stop

Jimmi

31 Oct 2016, 9:55 am #52
Just gone past a cyclist on the A1 near the Angel of the North. Pretty sure that it is illegal to go down the stretch of the A1 by the Low Fell turn off that the X21 comes off at.
Jimmi
31 Oct 2016, 9:55 am #52

Just gone past a cyclist on the A1 near the Angel of the North. Pretty sure that it is illegal to go down the stretch of the A1 by the Low Fell turn off that the X21 comes off at.

Andreos1

31 Oct 2016, 10:40 am #53
(31 Oct 2016, 9:55 am)Jimmi Just gone past a cyclist on the A1 near the Angel of the North. Pretty sure that it is illegal to go down the stretch of the A1 by the Low Fell turn off that the X21 comes off at.

That section isn't motorway, so I am guessing it is legal. Dunno if I would do it like.

However this muppet is a definite contender for 'numpty of the day'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-37816776

Andreos1
31 Oct 2016, 10:40 am #53

(31 Oct 2016, 9:55 am)Jimmi Just gone past a cyclist on the A1 near the Angel of the North. Pretty sure that it is illegal to go down the stretch of the A1 by the Low Fell turn off that the X21 comes off at.

That section isn't motorway, so I am guessing it is legal. Dunno if I would do it like.

Michael

31 Oct 2016, 10:42 am #54
(31 Oct 2016, 10:40 am)Andreos1 That section isn't motorway, so I am guessing it is legal. Dunno if I would do it like.

I shouldn't laugh but i did, what a idiot haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 Oct 2016, 10:42 am #54

(31 Oct 2016, 10:40 am)Andreos1 That section isn't motorway, so I am guessing it is legal. Dunno if I would do it like.

I shouldn't laugh but i did, what a idiot haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

31 Oct 2016, 11:05 am #55

Just realised that he could have come off the junction before Low Fell which isn't motorway, got confused with the Washington junction. Still wouldn't want to try it like!

Think I need to stop posting in this thread, as I just seem to make myself look a numpty each time I post.
Jimmi
31 Oct 2016, 11:05 am #55

Just realised that he could have come off the junction before Low Fell which isn't motorway, got confused with the Washington junction. Still wouldn't want to try it like!

Think I need to stop posting in this thread, as I just seem to make myself look a numpty each time I post.

Andreos1

31 Oct 2016, 12:56 pm #56
(31 Oct 2016, 11:05 am)UJimmi Just realised that he could have come off the junction before Low Fell which isn't motorway, got confused with the Washington junction. Still wouldn't want to try it like!

I did the Washington Highway years ago and when getting to the most exposed bit which crosses the river, a Philli Atlantean went racing past. Not an experience I would want to repeat

Andreos1
31 Oct 2016, 12:56 pm #56

(31 Oct 2016, 11:05 am)UJimmi Just realised that he could have come off the junction before Low Fell which isn't motorway, got confused with the Washington junction. Still wouldn't want to try it like!

I did the Washington Highway years ago and when getting to the most exposed bit which crosses the river, a Philli Atlantean went racing past. Not an experience I would want to repeat

01 Nov 2016, 12:17 pm #57
Stagecoach X47 driver going across Kingston Park level crossing while the lights were flashing

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
01 Nov 2016, 12:17 pm #57

Stagecoach X47 driver going across Kingston Park level crossing while the lights were flashing

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

23 Nov 2016, 7:47 pm #58
Someone walked in front of a Toonlink at the pedestrian crossing today at Eldon Square, bus just missed them and blasted the horn at them and before they were went into the bus station they just stopped and stared at the bus as it passed when it was their fault as if to say what u beeping at.

2nd one today is someone decided it would be sensible to park right at the entrance/exit of Metrocentre bus station by the roundabout to drop off someone and block the traffic from passing them which the bus beeped them as it couldn't get out and further along parked in the bus lane was a taxi so had to go round that as well.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
23 Nov 2016, 7:47 pm #58

Someone walked in front of a Toonlink at the pedestrian crossing today at Eldon Square, bus just missed them and blasted the horn at them and before they were went into the bus station they just stopped and stared at the bus as it passed when it was their fault as if to say what u beeping at.

2nd one today is someone decided it would be sensible to park right at the entrance/exit of Metrocentre bus station by the roundabout to drop off someone and block the traffic from passing them which the bus beeped them as it couldn't get out and further along parked in the bus lane was a taxi so had to go round that as well.

Jimmi

17 May 2017, 12:51 pm #59
Wanted to be off the X12 at the stop on Durham Road near North Tees Hospital, a old bloke was getting off the bus in front of me but for some reason saw that a wheelchair user was wishing to board the bus, so instead of getting off the bus, he let the wheelchair get on! Problem with this was we were in the aisle blocking the way, once the wheelchair had boarded and got into the wheelchair bay, it looked like he was also going to let the rest of the intending passengers get on before he departed but of course I disagreed with this idea, got past him and got off the bus, passengers looked more confused than anything but I felt it was still worth pointing out that the old bloke was to blame, not me!
Jimmi
17 May 2017, 12:51 pm #59

Wanted to be off the X12 at the stop on Durham Road near North Tees Hospital, a old bloke was getting off the bus in front of me but for some reason saw that a wheelchair user was wishing to board the bus, so instead of getting off the bus, he let the wheelchair get on! Problem with this was we were in the aisle blocking the way, once the wheelchair had boarded and got into the wheelchair bay, it looked like he was also going to let the rest of the intending passengers get on before he departed but of course I disagreed with this idea, got past him and got off the bus, passengers looked more confused than anything but I felt it was still worth pointing out that the old bloke was to blame, not me!

22 May 2017, 4:04 pm #60
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...4462258279&id=781823278

Most if not all people in this video trespassing on the lines to see the Flying Scotsman. Was posted on a BTP status on facebook in the comments.

Edited 22 May 2017, 4:05 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
22 May 2017, 4:04 pm #60

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...4462258279&id=781823278

Most if not all people in this video trespassing on the lines to see the Flying Scotsman. Was posted on a BTP status on facebook in the comments.

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average