Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5 Next
Jimmi

01 Jan 2018, 8:24 pm #61
Ages since we last had one but I feel this one is worthy of the title, although I have removed the persons name.

Lesson today is, make sure you fully read what someone has written before seemingly having a complete meltdown at what you've thought that you have read
[Image: cf4ac5782b1c6daeabfacd758ed0c25f.jpg][Image: 3e1d49cba2ad70595a7ba8a1571a5030.jpg]
Edited 01 Jan 2018, 8:38 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
01 Jan 2018, 8:24 pm #61

Ages since we last had one but I feel this one is worthy of the title, although I have removed the persons name.

Lesson today is, make sure you fully read what someone has written before seemingly having a complete meltdown at what you've thought that you have read
[Image: cf4ac5782b1c6daeabfacd758ed0c25f.jpg][Image: 3e1d49cba2ad70595a7ba8a1571a5030.jpg]

02 Jan 2018, 1:44 pm #62
Some silly driver decided to turn right on a bus only lane on Brunton Lane at Kingston Park when I was waiting to turn right into where Curry’s is and Iceland.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
02 Jan 2018, 1:44 pm #62

Some silly driver decided to turn right on a bus only lane on Brunton Lane at Kingston Park when I was waiting to turn right into where Curry’s is and Iceland.

27 Jan 2018, 11:31 pm #63
That’ll be myself, been to Carlisle today to see 45699 Galatea as well as Class 37s which will be withdrawn soon from the Cumbrian Coast Line. So I am recording 37401 leaving Carlisle Railway Station on my iPhone and go to take a photo but accidentally hit to stop recording instead of taking a photo, was not happy

TEN 6083
27 Jan 2018, 11:31 pm #63

That’ll be myself, been to Carlisle today to see 45699 Galatea as well as Class 37s which will be withdrawn soon from the Cumbrian Coast Line. So I am recording 37401 leaving Carlisle Railway Station on my iPhone and go to take a photo but accidentally hit to stop recording instead of taking a photo, was not happy

Andreos1

16 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm #64
What a tit.

If we had a 'tit of the day' thread, this would be going in there. As it is, numpty of the day will have to do.
Edited 16 Feb 2018, 5:22 pm by Andreos1.
Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20180216_0003 (2).png
Size 614.34 KB / Downloads 37

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Feb 2018, 5:20 pm #64

What a tit.

If we had a 'tit of the day' thread, this would be going in there. As it is, numpty of the day will have to do.

Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20180216_0003 (2).png
Size 614.34 KB / Downloads 37

Charles41

25 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm #65
Has to be the guy cycling along the motorway between Corbridge and Hexham this afternoon. Talk about taking your life in your hands.

Charles
Charles41
25 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm #65

Has to be the guy cycling along the motorway between Corbridge and Hexham this afternoon. Talk about taking your life in your hands.

Charles

25 Feb 2018, 7:47 pm #66
(25 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm)Charles41 Has to be the guy cycling along the motorway between Corbridge and Hexham this afternoon. Talk about taking your life in your hands.

Charles

While I aggree with you, the A69 between Hexham and Corbridge is a dual carriageway and therefore he was cycling legally. Motorways would be illegal. 

Here's an article from the chronicle 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...e-13274412
Tyne_Traveller
25 Feb 2018, 7:47 pm #66

(25 Feb 2018, 4:48 pm)Charles41 Has to be the guy cycling along the motorway between Corbridge and Hexham this afternoon. Talk about taking your life in your hands.

Charles

While I aggree with you, the A69 between Hexham and Corbridge is a dual carriageway and therefore he was cycling legally. Motorways would be illegal. 

Here's an article from the chronicle 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...e-13274412

idiot

26 Feb 2018, 9:35 am #67
Nothing wrong with cycling on the A69.its the drivers that are the problem not the cyclist. Cars don't own the road.
idiot
26 Feb 2018, 9:35 am #67

Nothing wrong with cycling on the A69.its the drivers that are the problem not the cyclist. Cars don't own the road.

08 Mar 2018, 6:00 pm #68
Couple of passengers got on the X21 today at Chester-le-Street and looked like from what they said to the driver they were assuming the bus went through Birtley as they tried to get off after the bus left The Corals. The older one, a pensioner didn’t seem to get the message and kept getting up expecting it to stop with the driver explaining more than once the next stop is The Cannon.

TEN 6083
08 Mar 2018, 6:00 pm #68

Couple of passengers got on the X21 today at Chester-le-Street and looked like from what they said to the driver they were assuming the bus went through Birtley as they tried to get off after the bus left The Corals. The older one, a pensioner didn’t seem to get the message and kept getting up expecting it to stop with the driver explaining more than once the next stop is The Cannon.

Jimmi

08 Mar 2018, 6:23 pm #69
(08 Mar 2018, 6:00 pm)TEN 6083 Couple of passengers got on the X21 today at Chester-le-Street and looked like from what they said to the driver they were assuming the bus went through Birtley as they tried to get off after the bus left The Corals. The older one, a pensioner didn’t seem to get the message and kept getting up expecting it to stop with the driver explaining more than once the next stop is The Cannon.

There's always at least one person that does that on the X21 virtually every time I catch it, someone wants to be off at a stop in Low Fell that isn't 'The Cannon' or wants to be off in Birtley, so many times there's been someone wanting to be off at any of the stops near the Angel or Harlow Green  I'd say the occurrences have somehow increased since it started stopping at The Cannon.
Jimmi
08 Mar 2018, 6:23 pm #69

(08 Mar 2018, 6:00 pm)TEN 6083 Couple of passengers got on the X21 today at Chester-le-Street and looked like from what they said to the driver they were assuming the bus went through Birtley as they tried to get off after the bus left The Corals. The older one, a pensioner didn’t seem to get the message and kept getting up expecting it to stop with the driver explaining more than once the next stop is The Cannon.

There's always at least one person that does that on the X21 virtually every time I catch it, someone wants to be off at a stop in Low Fell that isn't 'The Cannon' or wants to be off in Birtley, so many times there's been someone wanting to be off at any of the stops near the Angel or Harlow Green  I'd say the occurrences have somehow increased since it started stopping at The Cannon.

Andreos1

08 Mar 2018, 6:27 pm #70

Do you know what could help with that?
Might not eleminate all the confusion that passengers face, but I reckon the combination of a livery that had standardised key calling points displayed and a scrolling blind that displayed key calling points...

It might have helped. 
Pensioner sees a colourful bus displaying a 21, can't read timetable due to eyesight, sees Newcastle on the blind and due to the hotch potch of vehicle designs cant identify key calling points...
Perfectly understandable why there was a mix-up.

Andreos1
08 Mar 2018, 6:27 pm #70

Do you know what could help with that?
Might not eleminate all the confusion that passengers face, but I reckon the combination of a livery that had standardised key calling points displayed and a scrolling blind that displayed key calling points...

It might have helped. 
Pensioner sees a colourful bus displaying a 21, can't read timetable due to eyesight, sees Newcastle on the blind and due to the hotch potch of vehicle designs cant identify key calling points...
Perfectly understandable why there was a mix-up.

08 Mar 2018, 7:05 pm #71
Since they both say Newcastle on the front and the numbers are similar, I can see why some people can be confused and board it anyway assuming they go the same route. If not sure, the best thing to do is to ask the driver as I nearly made the mistake of boarding a 64 in Durham a couple of weeks ago which was going to Musgrave Gardens when I wanted to go to Tesco Extra and needed the Sherburn one. Luckily I asked as I assumed both 64s went the same route as I’m not really that familiar with Arriva’s routes as I rarely travel on Arriva buses.

TEN 6083
08 Mar 2018, 7:05 pm #71

Since they both say Newcastle on the front and the numbers are similar, I can see why some people can be confused and board it anyway assuming they go the same route. If not sure, the best thing to do is to ask the driver as I nearly made the mistake of boarding a 64 in Durham a couple of weeks ago which was going to Musgrave Gardens when I wanted to go to Tesco Extra and needed the Sherburn one. Luckily I asked as I assumed both 64s went the same route as I’m not really that familiar with Arriva’s routes as I rarely travel on Arriva buses.

Andreos1

08 Mar 2018, 11:08 pm #72
(08 Mar 2018, 7:05 pm)TEN 6083 Since they both say Newcastle on the front and the numbers are similar, I can see why some people can be confused and board it anyway assuming they go the same route. If not sure, the best thing to do is to ask the driver as I nearly made the mistake of boarding a 64 in Durham a couple of weeks ago which was going to Musgrave Gardens when I wanted to go to Tesco Extra and needed the Sherburn one. Luckily I asked as I assumed both 64s went the same route as I’m not really that familiar with Arriva’s routes as I rarely travel on Arriva buses.

I think that's a good example to use.
Experienced in travelling by bus(although not too familiar with Arriva), using a bus with slight variations.
If you got that Musgrave Gardens run, you have the advantage of it dropping you not too far from Tesco.
That old person on the X21 will have another bus ride home (2 if they get the X21 back to Chester!).

I reckon that Musgrave Gardens/Sherburn one is an easy fix though. They just need to go back to seperate route numbers.

Andreos1
08 Mar 2018, 11:08 pm #72

(08 Mar 2018, 7:05 pm)TEN 6083 Since they both say Newcastle on the front and the numbers are similar, I can see why some people can be confused and board it anyway assuming they go the same route. If not sure, the best thing to do is to ask the driver as I nearly made the mistake of boarding a 64 in Durham a couple of weeks ago which was going to Musgrave Gardens when I wanted to go to Tesco Extra and needed the Sherburn one. Luckily I asked as I assumed both 64s went the same route as I’m not really that familiar with Arriva’s routes as I rarely travel on Arriva buses.

I think that's a good example to use.
Experienced in travelling by bus(although not too familiar with Arriva), using a bus with slight variations.
If you got that Musgrave Gardens run, you have the advantage of it dropping you not too far from Tesco.
That old person on the X21 will have another bus ride home (2 if they get the X21 back to Chester!).

I reckon that Musgrave Gardens/Sherburn one is an easy fix though. They just need to go back to seperate route numbers.

BusLoverMum

26 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm #73
This woman was saying she was going to do this, in the Hull Daily Mail, yesterday. No surprise that it backfired.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hul...nt-2150684
BusLoverMum
26 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm #73

This woman was saying she was going to do this, in the Hull Daily Mail, yesterday. No surprise that it backfired.

James101

26 Oct 2018, 11:04 pm #74
(26 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm)BusLoverMum This woman was saying she was going to do this, in the Hull Daily Mail, yesterday. No surprise that it backfired.

Deffo one for the APILN page:

https://www.facebook.com/angrypeopleinlocalnewspapers/

Though sadly lacking compo face image of mum holding a jar of pennies in one hand whilst pointing at a bus with the other.
James101
26 Oct 2018, 11:04 pm #74

(26 Oct 2018, 7:00 pm)BusLoverMum This woman was saying she was going to do this, in the Hull Daily Mail, yesterday. No surprise that it backfired.

Deffo one for the APILN page:

https://www.facebook.com/angrypeopleinlocalnewspapers/

Though sadly lacking compo face image of mum holding a jar of pennies in one hand whilst pointing at a bus with the other.

Andreos1

30 Oct 2019, 6:57 pm #75

I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm not sure if the driver is a numpty or not.

Passed a Stockton based Enviro about an hour back on the A19.

It was NIS, but was displaying 'Merry Christmas' along with a couple of Christmas trees.

I appreciate it may have been selected by mistake, but if it wasn't... Its still October man.

The schools have just got harvest festival out of the way and we haven't even had Halloween or bonfire night yet!

Andreos1
30 Oct 2019, 6:57 pm #75

I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm not sure if the driver is a numpty or not.

It was NIS, but was displaying 'Merry Christmas' along with a couple of Christmas trees.

I appreciate it may have been selected by mistake, but if it wasn't... Its still October man.

The schools have just got harvest festival out of the way and we haven't even had Halloween or bonfire night yet!

30 Oct 2019, 7:15 pm #76

(30 Oct 2019, 6:57 pm)Andreos1

If I'm remembering correctly, I've seen a bus at Quorum displaying 'Merry Christmas' back in September

enviro7501
30 Oct 2019, 7:15 pm #76

If I'm remembering correctly, I've seen a bus at Quorum displaying 'Merry Christmas' back in September

Jimmi

30 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm #77

Seen Christmas blinds put up all year round, mostly just enthusiasts posting pics with it on for a laugh.

There's a house in Ferryhill that already has their Christmas decorations up
Jimmi
30 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm #77

Seen Christmas blinds put up all year round, mostly just enthusiasts posting pics with it on for a laugh.

30 Oct 2019, 8:43 pm #78

(30 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm)Jimmi Seen Christmas blinds put up all year round, mostly just enthusiasts posting pics with it on for a laugh.

It probably won't surprise any of you but I absolutely hate Christmas! All the 'jolly' music, movies with happy endings, having to spend money on other people, it all just makes me want to top myself!

streetdeckfan
30 Oct 2019, 8:43 pm #78

(30 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm)Jimmi Seen Christmas blinds put up all year round, mostly just enthusiasts posting pics with it on for a laugh.

It probably won't surprise any of you but I absolutely hate Christmas! All the 'jolly' music, movies with happy endings, having to spend money on other people, it all just makes me want to top myself!

Jimmi

31 Oct 2019, 9:24 am #79
(30 Oct 2019, 8:43 pm)streetdeckfan

Bah humbug!!! Tongue

I must admit the build up gets irritating to me at times, the shopping is utterly detestable especially with how much busier it can be, around December 20th is when I start to feel 'festive'

I kid you not there's a music channel on Sky that's been playing Christmas songs since the beginning of October, think there's a Christmas film channel somewhere too which has been going on even longer.
Jimmi
31 Oct 2019, 9:24 am #79

(30 Oct 2019, 8:43 pm)streetdeckfan

Bah humbug!!! Tongue

I must admit the build up gets irritating to me at times, the shopping is utterly detestable especially with how much busier it can be, around December 20th is when I start to feel 'festive'

I kid you not there's a music channel on Sky that's been playing Christmas songs since the beginning of October, think there's a Christmas film channel somewhere too which has been going on even longer.

31 Oct 2019, 2:29 pm #80

(31 Oct 2019, 9:24 am)Jimmi Bah humbug!!! Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

It's not just Christmas I hate, it's all these commercialised 'holidays', tonight I will make sure I have the gate locked and the lights off so I don't get people knocking at the door. I might even stick up a 'Vote Conservative' sign just to make sure!

I never feel festive, I mean last year we spent a few hours on Christmas Day at Washington Services Costa just to get away from some of family!

I hate shopping at the best of times, but hearing the same awful music over and over and over again makes it unbearable. That's another reason I like Aldi and LIDL, they don't play music in store!

streetdeckfan
31 Oct 2019, 2:29 pm #80

(31 Oct 2019, 9:24 am)Jimmi Bah humbug!!! Tongue" alt="Tongue" title="Tongue">

It's not just Christmas I hate, it's all these commercialised 'holidays', tonight I will make sure I have the gate locked and the lights off so I don't get people knocking at the door. I might even stick up a 'Vote Conservative' sign just to make sure!

I never feel festive, I mean last year we spent a few hours on Christmas Day at Washington Services Costa just to get away from some of family!

I hate shopping at the best of times, but hearing the same awful music over and over and over again makes it unbearable. That's another reason I like Aldi and LIDL, they don't play music in store!

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average