Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

Numpty of the day

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 35 Next
MurdnunoC

06 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm #21
(06 Apr 2016, 10:44 am)BusLoverMum The traffic on the a1 at Washington services is currently horrendous. I suspect our x21 driver wishes he'd gone through birtley.

Anyhow, just saw a true numpty somehow turn their car about 40 degrees and drive right into the big concrete central reservation, before righting themselves and driving off, a headlight down.

Hahah. How did they manage to do that? Were they attempting an illegal u-turn or something?
MurdnunoC
06 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm #21

(06 Apr 2016, 10:44 am)BusLoverMum The traffic on the a1 at Washington services is currently horrendous. I suspect our x21 driver wishes he'd gone through birtley.

Anyhow, just saw a true numpty somehow turn their car about 40 degrees and drive right into the big concrete central reservation, before righting themselves and driving off, a headlight down.

Hahah. How did they manage to do that? Were they attempting an illegal u-turn or something?

BusLoverMum

06 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm #22
(06 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm)MurdnunoC Hahah. How did they manage to do that? Were they attempting an illegal u-turn or something?

Nowhere to make one. I couldn't work out how he'd done it without being drunk or half asleep. It's a completely straight section of road.
Edited 06 Apr 2016, 2:20 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
06 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm #22

(06 Apr 2016, 12:36 pm)MurdnunoC Hahah. How did they manage to do that? Were they attempting an illegal u-turn or something?

Nowhere to make one. I couldn't work out how he'd done it without being drunk or half asleep. It's a completely straight section of road.

MurdnunoC

06 Apr 2016, 6:34 pm #23
(06 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm)BusLoverMum Nowhere to make one. I couldn't work out how he'd done it without being drunk or half asleep. It's a completely straight section of road.

I know someone who somehow managed to come off their moped riding along straight section of road on a dry day. He still can't give an satisfactory explanation for it!
MurdnunoC
06 Apr 2016, 6:34 pm #23

(06 Apr 2016, 2:19 pm)BusLoverMum Nowhere to make one. I couldn't work out how he'd done it without being drunk or half asleep. It's a completely straight section of road.

I know someone who somehow managed to come off their moped riding along straight section of road on a dry day. He still can't give an satisfactory explanation for it!

BusLoverMum

12 Apr 2016, 8:52 am #24
Old guy who lives down near the school.

Big'un's taxi was late, this morning, so Littl'un and I didn't even set off until after the 22 was due. There were people waiting at all the bus stops, including this guy.

When I left, about 15 minutes after the bus was due, by now, he was still there. I normally avoid him like the plague as his has no sense of personal boundaries and most of what comes out of his mouth makes me extremely uncomfortable. He was in a bit of a state though and started ranting about "these bloody buses".

I empathised and explained that they were being delayed in Durham, but that shouldn't affect this one and offered to look at the tracker for him....

"Well, according to this, it's already been."
"Aye. I went into the house to ring the doctor's and tell them the bus hadn't come and it came past, then."

Muppet.
BusLoverMum
12 Apr 2016, 8:52 am #24

Old guy who lives down near the school.

Big'un's taxi was late, this morning, so Littl'un and I didn't even set off until after the 22 was due. There were people waiting at all the bus stops, including this guy.

When I left, about 15 minutes after the bus was due, by now, he was still there. I normally avoid him like the plague as his has no sense of personal boundaries and most of what comes out of his mouth makes me extremely uncomfortable. He was in a bit of a state though and started ranting about "these bloody buses".

I empathised and explained that they were being delayed in Durham, but that shouldn't affect this one and offered to look at the tracker for him....

"Well, according to this, it's already been."
"Aye. I went into the house to ring the doctor's and tell them the bus hadn't come and it came past, then."

Muppet.

Jimmi

16 Apr 2016, 11:15 pm #25
Yeah, I certainly enjoyed standing in a queue like a melon in Tesco Express waiting for a self-service till, one was free but some silly mare was stood in front of it whilst she talked to the person on the opposite till

This angered me even more as I saw this: https://flic.kr/p/FUw3Nb whilst I was in the queue waiting. Fortunately it was still there after I gave up waiting for self-service and ended up going to a human instead.

Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last!
Jimmi
16 Apr 2016, 11:15 pm #25

Yeah, I certainly enjoyed standing in a queue like a melon in Tesco Express waiting for a self-service till, one was free but some silly mare was stood in front of it whilst she talked to the person on the opposite till

This angered me even more as I saw this: https://flic.kr/p/FUw3Nb whilst I was in the queue waiting. Fortunately it was still there after I gave up waiting for self-service and ended up going to a human instead.

Not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last!

BusLoverMum

21 Apr 2016, 10:21 am #26
The video isn't working from me but, from the description alone, this takes some beating
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...e-11214626
BusLoverMum
21 Apr 2016, 10:21 am #26

The video isn't working from me but, from the description alone, this takes some beating
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...e-11214626

Jimmi

05 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm #27
Me! - I went to the gym tonight but instead of taking my card to scan to enter the gym, I took my Railcard. Fortunately I realised as soon as I left the house, otherwise I would have felt a right prat wondering why my card won't scan.
Jimmi
05 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm #27

Me! - I went to the gym tonight but instead of taking my card to scan to enter the gym, I took my Railcard. Fortunately I realised as soon as I left the house, otherwise I would have felt a right prat wondering why my card won't scan.

citaro5284

05 Jul 2016, 7:44 pm #28
(05 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm)Jimmi Me! - I went to the gym tonight but instead of taking my card to scan to enter the gym, I took my Railcard. Fortunately I realised as soon as I left the house, otherwise I would have felt a right prat wondering why my card won't scan.

Why change a habit of a lifetime  Tongue
citaro5284
05 Jul 2016, 7:44 pm #28

(05 Jul 2016, 6:56 pm)Jimmi Me! - I went to the gym tonight but instead of taking my card to scan to enter the gym, I took my Railcard. Fortunately I realised as soon as I left the house, otherwise I would have felt a right prat wondering why my card won't scan.

Why change a habit of a lifetime  Tongue

05 Jul 2016, 7:56 pm #29
The man on Raby Way in Byker earlier today who tried to flag the A1 freebus down and he appeared to try to force the rear emergency exit door on 557 open! I then boarded the bus and he ran shouting behind
NK53 TKT
05 Jul 2016, 7:56 pm #29

The man on Raby Way in Byker earlier today who tried to flag the A1 freebus down and he appeared to try to force the rear emergency exit door on 557 open! I then boarded the bus and he ran shouting behind

05 Jul 2016, 9:00 pm #30
Someone today asking the conductor on 142064 today at MetroCentre which was terminating at MetroCentre if it is the Glasgow train, guess they are not local or didn't look at the destination on the front of the train.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
05 Jul 2016, 9:00 pm #30

Someone today asking the conductor on 142064 today at MetroCentre which was terminating at MetroCentre if it is the Glasgow train, guess they are not local or didn't look at the destination on the front of the train.

05 Jul 2016, 9:50 pm #31
(05 Jul 2016, 9:00 pm)TEN 6083 Someone today asking the conductor on 142064 today at MetroCentre which was terminating at MetroCentre if it is the Glasgow train, guess they are not local or didn't look at the destination on the front of the train.

Or, seeing as it's the same platform, they walked up to the side of the train not looking and seen the conductor as the first uniformed person they can get a reliable answer from?

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
05 Jul 2016, 9:50 pm #31

(05 Jul 2016, 9:00 pm)TEN 6083 Someone today asking the conductor on 142064 today at MetroCentre which was terminating at MetroCentre if it is the Glasgow train, guess they are not local or didn't look at the destination on the front of the train.

Or, seeing as it's the same platform, they walked up to the side of the train not looking and seen the conductor as the first uniformed person they can get a reliable answer from?

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

Jimmi

05 Jul 2016, 9:55 pm #32
(05 Jul 2016, 9:50 pm)northern156 Or, seeing as it's the same platform, they walked up to the side of the train not looking and seen the conductor as the first uniformed person they can get a reliable answer from?

At the MetroCentre, probably. Saw people trying to get on a MetroCentre terminating train the other day thinking that it was heading towards Carlisle, mind the fact it was late and the audio announcements came up for the Carlisle service probably caused the confusion there.
Jimmi
05 Jul 2016, 9:55 pm #32

(05 Jul 2016, 9:50 pm)northern156 Or, seeing as it's the same platform, they walked up to the side of the train not looking and seen the conductor as the first uniformed person they can get a reliable answer from?

At the MetroCentre, probably. Saw people trying to get on a MetroCentre terminating train the other day thinking that it was heading towards Carlisle, mind the fact it was late and the audio announcements came up for the Carlisle service probably caused the confusion there.

Jimmi

15 Jul 2016, 6:28 am #33
Day late now, but... Last night there was a passenger on the bus I was on, he got off at a stop and he went to cross the road but crossed right in front of the bus as it was pulling away from the stand. He was VERY lucky the driver was able to stop the bus as he could have quite easily being ran down, if such incident did occur I would back up the driver as whipping out in front of the bus is a stupid and dangerous thing to do.
Jimmi
15 Jul 2016, 6:28 am #33

Day late now, but... Last night there was a passenger on the bus I was on, he got off at a stop and he went to cross the road but crossed right in front of the bus as it was pulling away from the stand. He was VERY lucky the driver was able to stop the bus as he could have quite easily being ran down, if such incident did occur I would back up the driver as whipping out in front of the bus is a stupid and dangerous thing to do.

Jimmi

22 Jul 2016, 1:59 pm #34
Think we can guess how me going to Four Lane Ends to photograph the M71 went... Yeah... How could I mix Four Lane Ends and Kingston Park up? Mist improve my knowledge of places and routes in Tyne and Wear before Monday's outing.
Jimmi
22 Jul 2016, 1:59 pm #34

Think we can guess how me going to Four Lane Ends to photograph the M71 went... Yeah... How could I mix Four Lane Ends and Kingston Park up? Mist improve my knowledge of places and routes in Tyne and Wear before Monday's outing.

Jimmi

02 Aug 2016, 2:50 pm #35
Not so much a numpty, more of a brain dead moron, I'm on a Durham bound X12, we got to the zebra crossing on Newgate Street in Newcastle, as people were crossing the X12 I am on stopped but some mentalist taxi driver comes from behind us and tries to overtake just as traffic starts moving again so he had to quickly get back into the correct lane right in front of the X12. What an idiot!
Jimmi
02 Aug 2016, 2:50 pm #35

Not so much a numpty, more of a brain dead moron, I'm on a Durham bound X12, we got to the zebra crossing on Newgate Street in Newcastle, as people were crossing the X12 I am on stopped but some mentalist taxi driver comes from behind us and tries to overtake just as traffic starts moving again so he had to quickly get back into the correct lane right in front of the X12. What an idiot!

04 Aug 2016, 8:50 am #36
I know this is late by two days but...

I was on a day trip to Gozo on Tuesday to see family-friends and I was on the bus and we were coming to the last stop and the driver needed to go round a roundabout the exit was cordoned off so firstly he tried the incorrect side of the road and scraped a sign, he attempted again but couldn't fit the bus through. It came finally when he went and knocked over the cone and went down the road anyway, however it transpires this was wrong anyway and he was supposed to go down a different road so after having many people shout at him he left the bus at the last stop turned the engine off and went to a bar!
NK53 TKT
04 Aug 2016, 8:50 am #36

I know this is late by two days but...

I was on a day trip to Gozo on Tuesday to see family-friends and I was on the bus and we were coming to the last stop and the driver needed to go round a roundabout the exit was cordoned off so firstly he tried the incorrect side of the road and scraped a sign, he attempted again but couldn't fit the bus through. It came finally when he went and knocked over the cone and went down the road anyway, however it transpires this was wrong anyway and he was supposed to go down a different road so after having many people shout at him he left the bus at the last stop turned the engine off and went to a bar!

07 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm #37
Some idiot in a Nissan Almera going into the bus lane at the traffic lights just before the bus bridge to go over to MetroCentre bus station signalling to turn left under the low bridge, then they decide to change their mind and cross into the other lane at the last second to go straight on towards the coach park.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
07 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm #37

Some idiot in a Nissan Almera going into the bus lane at the traffic lights just before the bus bridge to go over to MetroCentre bus station signalling to turn left under the low bridge, then they decide to change their mind and cross into the other lane at the last second to go straight on towards the coach park.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Jimmi

16 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm #38
Someone drove up the down ramps in the Grainger Street car park in Newcastle.
Jimmi
16 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm #38

Someone drove up the down ramps in the Grainger Street car park in Newcastle.

MurdnunoC

17 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm #39
(16 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm)Jimmi Someone drove up the down ramps in the Grainger Street car park in Newcastle.

At the risk of sounding like a numpty, for the life of me, I can't think of where the car-park is on Grainger Street.
MurdnunoC
17 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm #39

(16 Oct 2016, 5:32 pm)Jimmi Someone drove up the down ramps in the Grainger Street car park in Newcastle.

At the risk of sounding like a numpty, for the life of me, I can't think of where the car-park is on Grainger Street.

Y935 ERG

Banned

17 Oct 2016, 4:02 pm #40
(17 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm)MurdnunoC At the risk of sounding like a numpty, for the life of me, I can't think of where the car-park is on Grainger Street.
That's because there isn't one....
Y935 ERG
17 Oct 2016, 4:02 pm #40

(17 Oct 2016, 3:55 pm)MurdnunoC At the risk of sounding like a numpty, for the life of me, I can't think of where the car-park is on Grainger Street.
That's because there isn't one....

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 35 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average