Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (55): Previous 119 20 2155 Next
10 Mar 2016, 9:21 pm
Can anyone tell me why on the recent vosa registration for the 45/46/47 also had a 45E included in it?
Jackamcardle
10 Mar 2016, 9:21 pm #381

Can anyone tell me why on the recent vosa registration for the 45/46/47 also had a 45E included in it?

10 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm
(10 Mar 2016, 9:21 pm)Jackamcardle Can anyone tell me why on the recent vosa registration for the 45/46/47 also had a 45E included in it?

The 45E will be the night journey that runs via Blackhall Mill - it has been included in the registrations prior to the most recent one.
S813 FVK
10 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm #382

(10 Mar 2016, 9:21 pm)Jackamcardle Can anyone tell me why on the recent vosa registration for the 45/46/47 also had a 45E included in it?

The 45E will be the night journey that runs via Blackhall Mill - it has been included in the registrations prior to the most recent one.

10 Mar 2016, 9:29 pm
(10 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm)S813 FVK The 45E will be the night journey that runs via Blackhall Mill - it has been included in the registrations prior to the most recent one.

Oh alright, thanks.
Jackamcardle
10 Mar 2016, 9:29 pm #383

(10 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm)S813 FVK The 45E will be the night journey that runs via Blackhall Mill - it has been included in the registrations prior to the most recent one.

Oh alright, thanks.

10 Mar 2016, 11:32 pm
(10 Mar 2016, 8:06 pm)ne14ne1 Well, in the hope of sampling the new and improved next stop announcements to help with a little article for Guide Dogs, I ventured out today across several routes, armed with a Blue & Purple zone M-ticket on my phone.

Firstly I jumped on a Cobalt Clipper into Newcastle Haymarket so I could change onto an X1 from Eldon Square out to Washington Galleries. However, the next stop announcements weren't working and the screens were stuck on a Red Arrows logo, (forgot to get vehicle number, sorry). Thinking I was wasting time on this none-talking bus, I jumped off at Gateshead Interchange and boarded an awaiting Quaylink to Heworth. 

For a while this vehicle's screen was stuck on 'Next Stop: Sage', but eventually woke up and started changing - no audio though. (This was probably a blessing as I'm really not a fan of Alan Robson's bus announcements, despite sometimes listening to Night Owls on the way back from the gym). 

Anyway, once at Heworth I switched to a Connections4 citaro (5368) - again screens working but no audio! At this point I was a little annoyed that 3 of the 4 talking buses I'd been out on, wouldn't talk to me. (Lucky there was no Guide Dog users/blind/visually impaired people on these services, eh?).
Thinking I'd wasted part of my day off, I alighted at Concorde Bus Station, and jumped on another Connections4 heading the opposite direction. 

Alas, this bus spoke! As expected Emma Hignett's clear and understandable tones gave a much more professional sound to what we've previously heard on certain GNE services. Although a smidge repetitive flying down the Felling Bypass due to having 'Next Stop....' and 'This is....' announcements, I completely approve of Go North East's new choice of voice artist. 
Periodically hearing 'This is a Connections4 service to....' is a great addition too, as it confirms you're on the right number bus, heading in the right direction - just what blind/visually impaired/unfamiliar passengers want.

In comparison, the Quaylink I got back from Heworth to Gateshead Interchange certainly sounded a little unprofessional and cringe-worthy after listening to the London style Connections4 voice.
Back at Gateshead Town I changed onto a Red Arrows X1 for Eldon Square, which also had Emma's annoucenments working - and they obviously sounded great too.

Well done Go North East.  Smile  

Once I collect some extra footage in the not too distant future, and get a blog written, I'll be sure to post a link.   Wink

I do like like this as it more clear and pleasant to understand. I think GNE have choosen better than before. After trial will all older buses get them or not?
Panasonic44
10 Mar 2016, 11:32 pm #384

(10 Mar 2016, 8:06 pm)ne14ne1 Well, in the hope of sampling the new and improved next stop announcements to help with a little article for Guide Dogs, I ventured out today across several routes, armed with a Blue & Purple zone M-ticket on my phone.

Firstly I jumped on a Cobalt Clipper into Newcastle Haymarket so I could change onto an X1 from Eldon Square out to Washington Galleries. However, the next stop announcements weren't working and the screens were stuck on a Red Arrows logo, (forgot to get vehicle number, sorry). Thinking I was wasting time on this none-talking bus, I jumped off at Gateshead Interchange and boarded an awaiting Quaylink to Heworth. 

For a while this vehicle's screen was stuck on 'Next Stop: Sage', but eventually woke up and started changing - no audio though. (This was probably a blessing as I'm really not a fan of Alan Robson's bus announcements, despite sometimes listening to Night Owls on the way back from the gym). 

Anyway, once at Heworth I switched to a Connections4 citaro (5368) - again screens working but no audio! At this point I was a little annoyed that 3 of the 4 talking buses I'd been out on, wouldn't talk to me. (Lucky there was no Guide Dog users/blind/visually impaired people on these services, eh?).
Thinking I'd wasted part of my day off, I alighted at Concorde Bus Station, and jumped on another Connections4 heading the opposite direction. 

Alas, this bus spoke! As expected Emma Hignett's clear and understandable tones gave a much more professional sound to what we've previously heard on certain GNE services. Although a smidge repetitive flying down the Felling Bypass due to having 'Next Stop....' and 'This is....' announcements, I completely approve of Go North East's new choice of voice artist. 
Periodically hearing 'This is a Connections4 service to....' is a great addition too, as it confirms you're on the right number bus, heading in the right direction - just what blind/visually impaired/unfamiliar passengers want.

In comparison, the Quaylink I got back from Heworth to Gateshead Interchange certainly sounded a little unprofessional and cringe-worthy after listening to the London style Connections4 voice.
Back at Gateshead Town I changed onto a Red Arrows X1 for Eldon Square, which also had Emma's annoucenments working - and they obviously sounded great too.

Well done Go North East.  Smile  

Once I collect some extra footage in the not too distant future, and get a blog written, I'll be sure to post a link.   Wink

I do like like this as it more clear and pleasant to understand. I think GNE have choosen better than before. After trial will all older buses get them or not?

10 Mar 2016, 11:43 pm
(10 Mar 2016, 11:32 pm)Panasonic44 I do like like this as it more clear and pleasant to understand. I think GNE have choosen better than before. After trial will all older buses get them or not?

I think Dan mentioned a lot of services getting Emma's voice. Some of the Red Arrows already do and the Indigos are due to get her announcements, when they're done.

I expect that other, older services, will get the make over when it's their turn for one.
BusLoverMum
10 Mar 2016, 11:43 pm #385

(10 Mar 2016, 11:32 pm)Panasonic44 I do like like this as it more clear and pleasant to understand. I think GNE have choosen better than before. After trial will all older buses get them or not?

I think Dan mentioned a lot of services getting Emma's voice. Some of the Red Arrows already do and the Indigos are due to get her announcements, when they're done.

I expect that other, older services, will get the make over when it's their turn for one.

11 Mar 2016, 12:00 am
Having travelled on buses in London using the iBus next stop announcements in London, I welcome GNE to using this new version. Honestly the original versions of next stop using radio presenters was annoying and grated on you. Mind if they had gotten Mike Neville or Paddy McDee to do them, then it probably wouldn't have been so bad.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
11 Mar 2016, 12:00 am #386

Having travelled on buses in London using the iBus next stop announcements in London, I welcome GNE to using this new version. Honestly the original versions of next stop using radio presenters was annoying and grated on you. Mind if they had gotten Mike Neville or Paddy McDee to do them, then it probably wouldn't have been so bad.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

11 Mar 2016, 12:03 am
(11 Mar 2016, 12:00 am)GMitchelhill Having travelled on buses in London using the iBus next stop announcements in London, I welcome GNE to using this new version. Honestly the original versions of next stop using radio presenters was annoying and grated on you. Mind if they had gotten Mike Neville or Paddy McDee to do them, then it probably wouldn't have been so bad.

Paddy's velvet voice would certainly be an improvement on the two halfwits (Karen and Steve)

I'd love GNE to do a metro style celebrity announcer competition, it was fantastic when metro did it

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
11 Mar 2016, 12:03 am #387

(11 Mar 2016, 12:00 am)GMitchelhill Having travelled on buses in London using the iBus next stop announcements in London, I welcome GNE to using this new version. Honestly the original versions of next stop using radio presenters was annoying and grated on you. Mind if they had gotten Mike Neville or Paddy McDee to do them, then it probably wouldn't have been so bad.

Paddy's velvet voice would certainly be an improvement on the two halfwits (Karen and Steve)

I'd love GNE to do a metro style celebrity announcer competition, it was fantastic when metro did it

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

11 Mar 2016, 12:43 am
(10 Mar 2016, 11:43 pm)BusLoverMum I think Dan mentioned a lot of services getting Emma's voice. Some of the Red Arrows already do and the Indigos are due to get her announcements, when they're done.

Ok, Thanks for the extra info BusLoverMum. Smile
Panasonic44
11 Mar 2016, 12:43 am #388

(10 Mar 2016, 11:43 pm)BusLoverMum I think Dan mentioned a lot of services getting Emma's voice. Some of the Red Arrows already do and the Indigos are due to get her announcements, when they're done.

Ok, Thanks for the extra info BusLoverMum. Smile

11 Mar 2016, 6:31 am
Yes the announcements on the X21 sound good and are a definite improvement on the other voices.
Greg in Weardale
11 Mar 2016, 6:31 am #389

Yes the announcements on the X21 sound good and are a definite improvement on the other voices.

11 Mar 2016, 7:02 am
(11 Mar 2016, 12:03 am)Ambassador Paddy's velvet voice would certainly be an improvement on the two halfwits (Karen and Steve)

Paddy's voice doesn't seem so velvety these days.
Heard him a few times recently and got a shock.

No idea what has happened, but it appears there is something different.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Mar 2016, 7:02 am #390

(11 Mar 2016, 12:03 am)Ambassador Paddy's velvet voice would certainly be an improvement on the two halfwits (Karen and Steve)

Paddy's voice doesn't seem so velvety these days.
Heard him a few times recently and got a shock.

No idea what has happened, but it appears there is something different.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

11 Mar 2016, 9:32 am
5297 on city link 57
Drivers rearside looking a bit orange!!
The diamond is trying to escape. 
Think a paint touch up is required
Acky81
11 Mar 2016, 9:32 am #391

5297 on city link 57
Drivers rearside looking a bit orange!!
The diamond is trying to escape. 
Think a paint touch up is required

11 Mar 2016, 9:56 am
5232 has had its Tynedale Express vinyls removed
LeeCalder
11 Mar 2016, 9:56 am #392

5232 has had its Tynedale Express vinyls removed

11 Mar 2016, 9:56 am
On 6305.

It's a bouncy ride. I'm having real problems typing on my phone!

Had to move out from the wi window seat because I couldn't sit with my feet straight in front of me, which I find painful.

Passengers impressed with the "posh bus" with tables, though Smile
BusLoverMum
11 Mar 2016, 9:56 am #393

On 6305.

It's a bouncy ride. I'm having real problems typing on my phone!

Had to move out from the wi window seat because I couldn't sit with my feet straight in front of me, which I find painful.

Passengers impressed with the "posh bus" with tables, though Smile

11 Mar 2016, 10:07 am
(11 Mar 2016, 9:56 am)LeeCalder 5232 has had its Tynedale Express vinyls removed

In preparation for what?
G-CPTN
11 Mar 2016, 10:07 am #394

(11 Mar 2016, 9:56 am)LeeCalder 5232 has had its Tynedale Express vinyls removed

In preparation for what?

11 Mar 2016, 10:23 am

Pretty sure it has been involved in an RTA recently.
Malarkey
11 Mar 2016, 10:23 am #395

Pretty sure it has been involved in an RTA recently.

11 Mar 2016, 11:37 am
(11 Mar 2016, 10:23 am)Malarkey Pretty sure it has been involved in an RTA recently.

Must have been very recent. Was the branding removed all the way around the vehicle or just one side.

Recent photos (nearly all at Eldon Square  Angry ) shows no sign of any damage.

Only Hexham Solar that I noted with some damage the other week was 5229 with some large gouge marks on the nearside.

Saying that, it's possible they could be redesigining the brand to fit in with the Tynedale Links and AD122.

Rapidsnap
11 Mar 2016, 11:37 am #396

(11 Mar 2016, 10:23 am)Malarkey Pretty sure it has been involved in an RTA recently.

Must have been very recent. Was the branding removed all the way around the vehicle or just one side.

Only Hexham Solar that I noted with some damage the other week was 5229 with some large gouge marks on the nearside.

Saying that, it's possible they could be redesigining the brand to fit in with the Tynedale Links and AD122.

11 Mar 2016, 11:49 am
(11 Mar 2016, 11:37 am)GMitchelhill Must have been very recent. Was the branding removed all the way around the vehicle or just one side.

Could be on the other side as nearby all recent photographs of 5232 have been of the drivers side (entering Eldon Square). Think one of them is missing branding on one side.
Jimmi
11 Mar 2016, 11:49 am #397

(11 Mar 2016, 11:37 am)GMitchelhill Must have been very recent. Was the branding removed all the way around the vehicle or just one side.

Could be on the other side as nearby all recent photographs of 5232 have been of the drivers side (entering Eldon Square). Think one of them is missing branding on one side.

11 Mar 2016, 12:00 pm
I'm unsure but it has also had them removed from the front.
LeeCalder
11 Mar 2016, 12:00 pm #398

I'm unsure but it has also had them removed from the front.

11 Mar 2016, 3:55 pm
The lights on 3830s ticket machine are not working
S813 FVK
11 Mar 2016, 3:55 pm #399

The lights on 3830s ticket machine are not working

DanPicken
Banned
11 Mar 2016, 4:18 pm
As long as the brand doesn't change.

If I see it tomorrow I'll check the other side and the back.
DanPicken
11 Mar 2016, 4:18 pm #400

As long as the brand doesn't change.

If I see it tomorrow I'll check the other side and the back.

Pages (55): Previous 119 20 2155 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 0
Views 36654
06 Mar 2020, 11:35 am
Last Post by V514DFT