Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Whitley Bay Bus Rally 2016

Whitley Bay Bus Rally 2016

Whitley Bay Bus Rally 2016

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next
Poll: Are you attending?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
26.67%
Votes 4
No
13.33%
Votes 2
Maybe
60.00%
Votes 9

Total 15 vote(s) 100%
dannygee

14 Jul 2016, 11:09 pm #21
What time does this start?
dannygee
14 Jul 2016, 11:09 pm #21

What time does this start?

15 Jul 2016, 5:06 pm #22
The NNRG are not attending this event. Next outing for us is the Bishop Auckland Station Event on July the 23rd.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
15 Jul 2016, 5:06 pm #22

The NNRG are not attending this event. Next outing for us is the Bishop Auckland Station Event on July the 23rd.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

Jimmi

16 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm #23
Info for tomorrow's event: http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=579

Shuttle service 1 should be every 20 minutes running via Tynemouth. There will also be a service 2 running to Stephenson Railway Museum which will run four journeys over the course of the day which coincide with the train times at the museum and will be ran using modern buses from Go North East (don't forget the bus sits for 50 minutes between trips, don't want anyone making that mistake again do we? Tongue ).
Jimmi
16 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm #23

Info for tomorrow's event: http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=579

Shuttle service 1 should be every 20 minutes running via Tynemouth. There will also be a service 2 running to Stephenson Railway Museum which will run four journeys over the course of the day which coincide with the train times at the museum and will be ran using modern buses from Go North East (don't forget the bus sits for 50 minutes between trips, don't want anyone making that mistake again do we? Tongue ).

Tom

16 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm #24
(16 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm)Jimmi Info for tomorrow's event: http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=579

Haha yeah I made that mistake last time!

Probably won't bother going tomorrow like
Tom
16 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm #24

(16 Jul 2016, 9:37 pm)Jimmi Info for tomorrow's event: http://www.nebpt.co.uk/index.asp?pg=3&event=579

Haha yeah I made that mistake last time!

Jimmi

16 Jul 2016, 9:46 pm #25
(16 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm)Tom Haha yeah I made that mistake last time!

Yeah I remember members posting that it happened to them.

As the weather is supposed to be reasonable tomorrow, I'm going to head up to this. Will arrive at either 11:49 on the 308 or 11:57 on the 309, think the 11:07 308 from Newcastle is a 306 branded StreetLite (or at least it was last year) so we'll see if I decide to bare it or not tomorrow  Tongue
Jimmi
16 Jul 2016, 9:46 pm #25

(16 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm)Tom Haha yeah I made that mistake last time!

Yeah I remember members posting that it happened to them.

As the weather is supposed to be reasonable tomorrow, I'm going to head up to this. Will arrive at either 11:49 on the 308 or 11:57 on the 309, think the 11:07 308 from Newcastle is a 306 branded StreetLite (or at least it was last year) so we'll see if I decide to bare it or not tomorrow  Tongue

Tom

16 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm #26
(16 Jul 2016, 9:46 pm)Jimmi Yeah I remember members posting that it happened to them.

Hopefully it'll be better than last years as it was terrible. I'm just bored of rallies that's why I'm not going
Tom
16 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm #26

(16 Jul 2016, 9:46 pm)Jimmi Yeah I remember members posting that it happened to them.

Hopefully it'll be better than last years as it was terrible. I'm just bored of rallies that's why I'm not going

Jimmi

16 Jul 2016, 10:15 pm #27
(16 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm)Tom Hopefully it'll be better than last years as it was terrible. I'm just bored of rallies that's why I'm not going

Yeah, shall see how it is tomorrow. I'm going more for the day out for anything, hopefully I won't end up taking ill like I did last year. How long I'm in attendance will vary on what is out on shuttles and I may stick around for longer if there is anyone around to chat to.

Unsure when my photos from the rally will appear on my Flickr as I'm busy uploading stuff from my holiday, currently have some photos of Blackpool Transport's new Enviro 400 City SN16OVA and some photos in Winder, more photos from Blackpool, Preston and the Lakes will be uploaded over the course of the next week.
Jimmi
16 Jul 2016, 10:15 pm #27

(16 Jul 2016, 10:04 pm)Tom Hopefully it'll be better than last years as it was terrible. I'm just bored of rallies that's why I'm not going

Yeah, shall see how it is tomorrow. I'm going more for the day out for anything, hopefully I won't end up taking ill like I did last year. How long I'm in attendance will vary on what is out on shuttles and I may stick around for longer if there is anyone around to chat to.

Unsure when my photos from the rally will appear on my Flickr as I'm busy uploading stuff from my holiday, currently have some photos of Blackpool Transport's new Enviro 400 City SN16OVA and some photos in Winder, more photos from Blackpool, Preston and the Lakes will be uploaded over the course of the next week.

17 Jul 2016, 4:04 am #28
Meanwhile it looks like it's going to be a very sunny day down in Nottingham. Tongue

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
17 Jul 2016, 4:04 am #28

Meanwhile it looks like it's going to be a very sunny day down in Nottingham. Tongue

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

BusLoverMum

17 Jul 2016, 8:51 am #29
(17 Jul 2016, 4:04 am)GMitchelhill Meanwhile it looks like it's going to be a very sunny day down in Nottingham. Tongue

It can stay down there for me.
BusLoverMum
17 Jul 2016, 8:51 am #29

(17 Jul 2016, 4:04 am)GMitchelhill Meanwhile it looks like it's going to be a very sunny day down in Nottingham. Tongue

It can stay down there for me.

Jimmi

17 Jul 2016, 10:05 am #30
Anyone know if there's any toilets near to the rally site? I ask for obvious reasons!
Edited 17 Jul 2016, 10:15 am by Jimmi.
Jimmi
17 Jul 2016, 10:05 am #30

Anyone know if there's any toilets near to the rally site? I ask for obvious reasons!

17 Jul 2016, 10:19 am #31
(17 Jul 2016, 10:05 am)Jimmi Anyone know if there's any toilets near to the rally site? I ask for obvious reasons!

There are a few hotels, there are some in Waves pool as well
NK53 TKT
17 Jul 2016, 10:19 am #31

(17 Jul 2016, 10:05 am)Jimmi Anyone know if there's any toilets near to the rally site? I ask for obvious reasons!

There are a few hotels, there are some in Waves pool as well

Adrian

17 Jul 2016, 10:26 am #32
So what's the turnout like today? I've decided to give it a miss, as I was still a bit miffed following Durham last month.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Jul 2016, 10:26 am #32

So what's the turnout like today? I've decided to give it a miss, as I was still a bit miffed following Durham last month.

Jimmi

17 Jul 2016, 11:18 am #33
(17 Jul 2016, 10:26 am)Adrian So what's the turnout like today? I've decided to give it a miss, as I was still a bit miffed following Durham last month.
There's a few people passing through but nothing much is going on. Can someone send United liveried Olympian B251NVN out on a shuttle please! There's currently 10 buses in the car park (two Go North East with a StreetDeck on Stephenson Railway shuttle) and about three mote preserved buses currently on shuttles.
Jimmi
17 Jul 2016, 11:18 am #33

(17 Jul 2016, 10:26 am)Adrian So what's the turnout like today? I've decided to give it a miss, as I was still a bit miffed following Durham last month.
There's a few people passing through but nothing much is going on. Can someone send United liveried Olympian B251NVN out on a shuttle please! There's currently 10 buses in the car park (two Go North East with a StreetDeck on Stephenson Railway shuttle) and about three mote preserved buses currently on shuttles.

Andreos1

17 Jul 2016, 11:24 am #34

I'm tempted to lower the tone in relation to 'turnouts' after Jimmi's post about toilets. But its dinner time and there's kids about... Angel

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
17 Jul 2016, 11:24 am #34

I'm tempted to lower the tone in relation to 'turnouts' after Jimmi's post about toilets. But its dinner time and there's kids about... Angel

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

BusLoverMum

17 Jul 2016, 2:52 pm #35
We passed through briefly as part of our plans for the day. Not much to stick around for, though.

Most amused that the merry go round came from our village!

We did spend part of the morning looking at the back of jimmi' head. Tried and failed to lure some Pokémon to bounce on it Big Grin
BusLoverMum
17 Jul 2016, 2:52 pm #35

We passed through briefly as part of our plans for the day. Not much to stick around for, though.

We did spend part of the morning looking at the back of jimmi' head. Tried and failed to lure some Pokémon to bounce on it Big Grin

Jimmi

17 Jul 2016, 3:11 pm #36
(17 Jul 2016, 2:52 pm)BusLoverMum We passed through briefly as part of our plans for the day. Not much to stick around for, though.

Much the same story from me, the only thing of real intrest for me was the United liveried Olympian which sadly didn't go out on shuttles (or at least it didn't when I was there).

Saw a few forum members including BusLoverMum, Marcus and Thomas plus a few other familiar faces.

Left the rally at around 13:45 on the 309 with the intention of catching the 19 at Cobalt which sadly I just missed, annoyed me more as it was the Phoenix working I missed, I waited half an hour for the Arriva worked 19 then got off for a wander round Royal Quays before jumping on the Phoenix working 30 minutes later, then caught the ferry to South Shields and I am now on a E200 to Sunderland I will then catch either the 20 or 22 from Sunderland to head home, hoping for the latter but will depend if it's on-time.
Jimmi
17 Jul 2016, 3:11 pm #36

(17 Jul 2016, 2:52 pm)BusLoverMum We passed through briefly as part of our plans for the day. Not much to stick around for, though.

Much the same story from me, the only thing of real intrest for me was the United liveried Olympian which sadly didn't go out on shuttles (or at least it didn't when I was there).

Saw a few forum members including BusLoverMum, Marcus and Thomas plus a few other familiar faces.

Left the rally at around 13:45 on the 309 with the intention of catching the 19 at Cobalt which sadly I just missed, annoyed me more as it was the Phoenix working I missed, I waited half an hour for the Arriva worked 19 then got off for a wander round Royal Quays before jumping on the Phoenix working 30 minutes later, then caught the ferry to South Shields and I am now on a E200 to Sunderland I will then catch either the 20 or 22 from Sunderland to head home, hoping for the latter but will depend if it's on-time.

BusLoverMum

17 Jul 2016, 3:23 pm #37
(17 Jul 2016, 3:11 pm)Jimmi Much the same story from me, the only thing of real intrest for me was the United liveried Olympian which sadly didn't go out on shuttles (or at least it didn't when I was there).

Hope you have more luck than us. 14:25 angel didn't show, which has left us with 45 minutes to kill in Durham with a heavy bag and intermittent internet.
BusLoverMum
17 Jul 2016, 3:23 pm #37

(17 Jul 2016, 3:11 pm)Jimmi Much the same story from me, the only thing of real intrest for me was the United liveried Olympian which sadly didn't go out on shuttles (or at least it didn't when I was there).

Hope you have more luck than us. 14:25 angel didn't show, which has left us with 45 minutes to kill in Durham with a heavy bag and intermittent internet.

Jimmi

17 Jul 2016, 3:30 pm #38
(17 Jul 2016, 3:23 pm)BusLoverMum Hope you have more luck than us. 14:25 angel didn't show, which has left us with 45 minutes to kill in Durham with a heavy bag and intermittent internet.
I actually arrived in North Shields earlier than anticipated this morning as the 21 arrived in Newcastle early meaning I managed to catch the 10:45 309 to Whitley Bay, got off in the town centre to photograph service 17A then you'll be pleased to hear I found a toilet in the shopping centre, I then walked to the rally stopping at a Chippy on the way.
Jimmi
17 Jul 2016, 3:30 pm #38

(17 Jul 2016, 3:23 pm)BusLoverMum Hope you have more luck than us. 14:25 angel didn't show, which has left us with 45 minutes to kill in Durham with a heavy bag and intermittent internet.
I actually arrived in North Shields earlier than anticipated this morning as the 21 arrived in Newcastle early meaning I managed to catch the 10:45 309 to Whitley Bay, got off in the town centre to photograph service 17A then you'll be pleased to hear I found a toilet in the shopping centre, I then walked to the rally stopping at a Chippy on the way.

Adrian

17 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm #39
So it doesn't sound like the rally was up to much then? A shame really, as it's not a bad location for a smaller rally, if you actually get a turn out that is...

Adrian
17 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm #39

So it doesn't sound like the rally was up to much then? A shame really, as it's not a bad location for a smaller rally, if you actually get a turn out that is...

Jimmi

17 Jul 2016, 3:43 pm #40
(17 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm)Adrian So it doesn't sound like the rally was up to much then? A shame really, as it's not a bad location for a smaller rally, if you actually get a turn out that is...
In my opinion, it really wasn't up to much. There was somewhere between 12-15 buses in attendance with Go North East bringing four (IndiGo North Tyne, Castles Express, Red Arrows and a Tynedale Links MPD), Stanley Travel brought their Leyland Tiger/Plaxton Paramount B10STX and the rest was just the usual mix of preserved stuff. I suppose this is the issue when you attend all the North East rallies, you see the same things at each one. There was a few people walking along the front who had a quick look at the buses and the odd enthusiast about but it wasn't owt spectacular in the way of numbers.
Jimmi
17 Jul 2016, 3:43 pm #40

(17 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm)Adrian So it doesn't sound like the rally was up to much then? A shame really, as it's not a bad location for a smaller rally, if you actually get a turn out that is...
In my opinion, it really wasn't up to much. There was somewhere between 12-15 buses in attendance with Go North East bringing four (IndiGo North Tyne, Castles Express, Red Arrows and a Tynedale Links MPD), Stanley Travel brought their Leyland Tiger/Plaxton Paramount B10STX and the rest was just the usual mix of preserved stuff. I suppose this is the issue when you attend all the North East rallies, you see the same things at each one. There was a few people walking along the front who had a quick look at the buses and the odd enthusiast about but it wasn't owt spectacular in the way of numbers.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average