Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Tyne & Wear Independents Gateshead Central Taxis

Gateshead Central Taxis

Gateshead Central Taxis

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (117) Previous 1105 106 107117 Next
22 Jul 2022, 5:27 pm #2,101
How many customers use the 342? It's an good route operating between Wallsend and Westerhope via the likes of Benton, Killingworth, Hazlerigg and Kingston Park which have quite a lot to offer, in terms of shopping, buses and leisure. An hourly service is adequate for the full route end to end, but along the way a half-hourly service like the 42/42A was is better, I liked getting off the 42 in Killingworth and getting on the 42A to Kingston Park. A bus to FLE and Forest Hall was also good, and it would now be ideal to connect with the 335.

Yesterday I used the 342 for the first time, and passenger numbers were good for a section of the route but Hazlerigg, Kingston Park and Westerhope there was nobody else on. My Day Rover was questioned, apparently GCT don't accept them. Due to having 1 bus per hour I had to choose between Kingston Park and Westerhope to get a bit of shopping, ultimately staying on for the full route and getting a few bits from Aldi in Westerhope. Pleasant ride, very impressed with the 342, but limited GCT options to connect with.
OrangeArrow49
22 Jul 2022, 5:27 pm #2,101

How many customers use the 342? It's an good route operating between Wallsend and Westerhope via the likes of Benton, Killingworth, Hazlerigg and Kingston Park which have quite a lot to offer, in terms of shopping, buses and leisure. An hourly service is adequate for the full route end to end, but along the way a half-hourly service like the 42/42A was is better, I liked getting off the 42 in Killingworth and getting on the 42A to Kingston Park. A bus to FLE and Forest Hall was also good, and it would now be ideal to connect with the 335.

Yesterday I used the 342 for the first time, and passenger numbers were good for a section of the route but Hazlerigg, Kingston Park and Westerhope there was nobody else on. My Day Rover was questioned, apparently GCT don't accept them. Due to having 1 bus per hour I had to choose between Kingston Park and Westerhope to get a bit of shopping, ultimately staying on for the full route and getting a few bits from Aldi in Westerhope. Pleasant ride, very impressed with the 342, but limited GCT options to connect with.

peter

22 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm #2,102
(22 Jul 2022, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan That's a very local service for them!

Tbf given the amount of work they've lost across Tyne and Wear, County Durham might be a good option. A lot of the local tendered services in Nexus-land were scrapped with recent the changes. At the moment DCC have a large number of tendered services coming up in October and with the likes of Scarlet Band having scaled back significantly, it might be a worthwhile option for GCT.
peter
22 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm #2,102

(22 Jul 2022, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan That's a very local service for them!

Tbf given the amount of work they've lost across Tyne and Wear, County Durham might be a good option. A lot of the local tendered services in Nexus-land were scrapped with recent the changes. At the moment DCC have a large number of tendered services coming up in October and with the likes of Scarlet Band having scaled back significantly, it might be a worthwhile option for GCT.

Jimmi

22 Jul 2022, 5:36 pm #2,103
(22 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm)peter Tbf given the amount of work they've lost across Tyne and Wear, County Durham might be a good option. A lot of the local tendered services in Nexus-land were scrapped with recent the changes. At the moment DCC have a large number of tendered services coming up in October and with the likes of Scarlet Band having scaled back significantly, it might be a worthwhile option for GCT.
Seems to be becoming more and more of a struggle to get firms to run tendered runs within Durham County, Scarlet Band in particular seems to be struggling with staffing, many have left to instead drive for the councils own fleet which has the benefit of not having to work Saturdays, with this in mind it will be interesting to see how this affects tender outcomes come October.
Jimmi
22 Jul 2022, 5:36 pm #2,103

(22 Jul 2022, 5:30 pm)peter Tbf given the amount of work they've lost across Tyne and Wear, County Durham might be a good option. A lot of the local tendered services in Nexus-land were scrapped with recent the changes. At the moment DCC have a large number of tendered services coming up in October and with the likes of Scarlet Band having scaled back significantly, it might be a worthwhile option for GCT.
Seems to be becoming more and more of a struggle to get firms to run tendered runs within Durham County, Scarlet Band in particular seems to be struggling with staffing, many have left to instead drive for the councils own fleet which has the benefit of not having to work Saturdays, with this in mind it will be interesting to see how this affects tender outcomes come October.

Unber43

22 Jul 2022, 6:02 pm #2,104
(22 Jul 2022, 5:36 pm)Jimmi Seems to be becoming more and more of a struggle to get firms to run tendered runs within Durham County, Scarlet Band in particular seems to be struggling with staffing, many have left to instead drive for the councils own fleet which has the benefit of not having to work Saturdays, with this in mind it will be interesting to see how this affects tender outcomes come October.
I wonder if we could see GNE take over more of contracted services around Bishop Auckland to strengthen their network to try and get more people onto the X21.

If they have a strong connections, X21 will do well
Unber43
22 Jul 2022, 6:02 pm #2,104

(22 Jul 2022, 5:36 pm)Jimmi Seems to be becoming more and more of a struggle to get firms to run tendered runs within Durham County, Scarlet Band in particular seems to be struggling with staffing, many have left to instead drive for the councils own fleet which has the benefit of not having to work Saturdays, with this in mind it will be interesting to see how this affects tender outcomes come October.
I wonder if we could see GNE take over more of contracted services around Bishop Auckland to strengthen their network to try and get more people onto the X21.

tyresmoke

22 Jul 2022, 8:07 pm #2,105
(22 Jul 2022, 6:02 pm)Unber43 I wonder if we could see GNE take over more of contracted services around Bishop Auckland to strengthen their network to try and get more people onto the X21.

Run from where? The nearest depot would be in Consett… hardly local

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
22 Jul 2022, 8:07 pm #2,105

(22 Jul 2022, 6:02 pm)Unber43 I wonder if we could see GNE take over more of contracted services around Bishop Auckland to strengthen their network to try and get more people onto the X21.

Run from where? The nearest depot would be in Consett… hardly local

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Unber43

22 Jul 2022, 8:11 pm #2,106
(22 Jul 2022, 8:07 pm)tyresmoke Run from where? The nearest depot would be in Consett… hardly local

THey have the ability to switch drivers with the 20, 16/16A, X21 from Bishop Auckland, 21 from Brandon
Unber43
22 Jul 2022, 8:11 pm #2,106

(22 Jul 2022, 8:07 pm)tyresmoke Run from where? The nearest depot would be in Consett… hardly local

THey have the ability to switch drivers with the 20, 16/16A, X21 from Bishop Auckland, 21 from Brandon

Jimmi

22 Jul 2022, 8:13 pm #2,107

They tried that albeit with commercial attempts in the form of the 18 & OK1 and both ultimately failed although the 18 lasted longer before eventually being merged into the X21 around Woodhouse but quickly binned the unique parts off with DCC having to step in with a replacement (service 9).
Jimmi
22 Jul 2022, 8:13 pm #2,107

They tried that albeit with commercial attempts in the form of the 18 & OK1 and both ultimately failed although the 18 lasted longer before eventually being merged into the X21 around Woodhouse but quickly binned the unique parts off with DCC having to step in with a replacement (service 9).

23 Jul 2022, 12:24 am #2,108

Probably wouldn't be a bad shout, passenger numbers on the West Auckland extension have increased quite a bit over the last while. Not too long ago I wouldn't have been surprised if they scrapped it altogether since I was quite often the first to get on, and last to get off. Now it seems to have a decent loading of passengers just doing the West-Bishop section.

The main advantage of taking the Arriva 6 is there are more local connections, it only really makes sense to get a GNE ticket if you're travelling north of Durham. The trouble is, unless it's a supported route, I can't see GNE really expanding operations down here. Even on the main links between towns (Crook, Newton Aycliffe, Darlington etc.), I just don't see there being enough passengers to support another operator running services.

But arguably more local than GCT!
streetdeckfan
23 Jul 2022, 12:24 am #2,108

Probably wouldn't be a bad shout, passenger numbers on the West Auckland extension have increased quite a bit over the last while. Not too long ago I wouldn't have been surprised if they scrapped it altogether since I was quite often the first to get on, and last to get off. Now it seems to have a decent loading of passengers just doing the West-Bishop section.

The main advantage of taking the Arriva 6 is there are more local connections, it only really makes sense to get a GNE ticket if you're travelling north of Durham. The trouble is, unless it's a supported route, I can't see GNE really expanding operations down here. Even on the main links between towns (Crook, Newton Aycliffe, Darlington etc.), I just don't see there being enough passengers to support another operator running services.

peter

23 Jul 2022, 10:56 am #2,109
(23 Jul 2022, 12:24 am)streetdeckfan Probably wouldn't be a bad shout, passenger numbers on the West Auckland extension have increased quite a bit over the last while. Not too long ago I wouldn't have been surprised if they scrapped it altogether since I was quite often the first to get on, and last to get off. Now it seems to have a decent loading of passengers just doing the West-Bishop section.

If I remember correctly, one of Go-Ahead's strategies is to acquire new contracts. If they bid and won the Durham P&R and a multitude of the other DCC contracts there may even be scope for an outstation somewhere to house a fleet of Solo's. Whether they would be able to bid lower than the likes of Weardale, Jim Hughes and GCT is another thing, particularly the latter two who are seemingly moving towards County Durham after all their contract losses in Tyne and Wear
peter
23 Jul 2022, 10:56 am #2,109

(23 Jul 2022, 12:24 am)streetdeckfan Probably wouldn't be a bad shout, passenger numbers on the West Auckland extension have increased quite a bit over the last while. Not too long ago I wouldn't have been surprised if they scrapped it altogether since I was quite often the first to get on, and last to get off. Now it seems to have a decent loading of passengers just doing the West-Bishop section.

If I remember correctly, one of Go-Ahead's strategies is to acquire new contracts. If they bid and won the Durham P&R and a multitude of the other DCC contracts there may even be scope for an outstation somewhere to house a fleet of Solo's. Whether they would be able to bid lower than the likes of Weardale, Jim Hughes and GCT is another thing, particularly the latter two who are seemingly moving towards County Durham after all their contract losses in Tyne and Wear

Unber43

23 Jul 2022, 10:59 am #2,110
(23 Jul 2022, 10:56 am)peter If I remember correctly, one of Go-Ahead's strategies is to acquire new contracts. If they bid and won the Durham P&R and a multitude of the other DCC contracts there may even be scope for an outstation somewhere to house a fleet of Solo's. Whether they would be able to bid lower than the likes of Weardale, Jim Hughes and GCT is another thing, particularly the latter two who are seemingly moving towards County Durham after all their contract losses in Tyne and Wear
in an ideal world, GNE would acquire a bunch of contracts, which lead onto there services from Bishop Auckland/Brandon/Durham and make them financially viable with the connections they give.
Unber43
23 Jul 2022, 10:59 am #2,110

(23 Jul 2022, 10:56 am)peter If I remember correctly, one of Go-Ahead's strategies is to acquire new contracts. If they bid and won the Durham P&R and a multitude of the other DCC contracts there may even be scope for an outstation somewhere to house a fleet of Solo's. Whether they would be able to bid lower than the likes of Weardale, Jim Hughes and GCT is another thing, particularly the latter two who are seemingly moving towards County Durham after all their contract losses in Tyne and Wear
in an ideal world, GNE would acquire a bunch of contracts, which lead onto there services from Bishop Auckland/Brandon/Durham and make them financially viable with the connections they give.

25 Jul 2022, 11:18 am #2,111
Are the TB22/TB23 running, has anyone seen it?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
25 Jul 2022, 11:18 am #2,111

Are the TB22/TB23 running, has anyone seen it?

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

25 Jul 2022, 3:32 pm #2,112
(25 Jul 2022, 11:18 am)ASX_Terranova Are the TB22/TB23 running, has anyone seen it?
YE 22 LDV is currently on TB23
minibus1474
25 Jul 2022, 3:32 pm #2,112

(25 Jul 2022, 11:18 am)ASX_Terranova Are the TB22/TB23 running, has anyone seen it?
YE 22 LDV is currently on TB23

26 Jul 2022, 1:24 pm #2,113
Any pics of 521/522 or TB services since changes
Retro Nero
26 Jul 2022, 1:24 pm #2,113

Any pics of 521/522 or TB services since changes

11 Aug 2022, 11:53 pm #2,114
Gateshead Central Taxis will be operating the 67, 69 and 82A from next month.
OrangeArrow49
11 Aug 2022, 11:53 pm #2,114

Gateshead Central Taxis will be operating the 67, 69 and 82A from next month.

Jimmi

12 Aug 2022, 9:59 pm #2,115
K2 is making a comeback from September with GCT being the operator: https://bustimes.org/services/k2-four-la...mperdown-2

67/69/82A timetables are also now viewable on bustimes.org
Jimmi
12 Aug 2022, 9:59 pm #2,115

K2 is making a comeback from September with GCT being the operator: https://bustimes.org/services/k2-four-la...mperdown-2

67/69/82A timetables are also now viewable on bustimes.org

Ray

25 Oct 2022, 9:12 pm #2,117
A second former HCT ADL E200 MMC entered service today on the 335 was YX19 ONR as seen here this afternoon at Balliol Business Park.

https://flic.kr/p/2nV9buC

Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/

12 Years on Flickr 2011-2023 - With over 42 million all-time hits!
Ray
25 Oct 2022, 9:12 pm #2,117

A second former HCT ADL E200 MMC entered service today on the 335 was YX19 ONR as seen here this afternoon at Balliol Business Park.

Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/

12 Years on Flickr 2011-2023 - With over 42 million all-time hits!

26 Oct 2022, 6:43 am #2,118
(25 Oct 2022, 9:12 pm)Ray A second former HCT ADL E200 MMC entered service today on the 335 was YX19 ONR as seen here this afternoon at Balliol Business Park.

That one was, until recently, working in Bristol for the now-defunct CT Plus
Ianthegoon
26 Oct 2022, 6:43 am #2,118

(25 Oct 2022, 9:12 pm)Ray A second former HCT ADL E200 MMC entered service today on the 335 was YX19 ONR as seen here this afternoon at Balliol Business Park.

That one was, until recently, working in Bristol for the now-defunct CT Plus

Unber43

26 Oct 2022, 1:14 pm #2,119
So GCT need an extra 20 vehicles atleast for the contracts which they've won in Durham, so presumably more vans for changeovers, where are they getting these extra vehicles & 60 drivers (i say 60 as Dan said +1 PVR = 3 drivers not sure if that was just for GNE for in general)?
Unber43
26 Oct 2022, 1:14 pm #2,119

So GCT need an extra 20 vehicles atleast for the contracts which they've won in Durham, so presumably more vans for changeovers, where are they getting these extra vehicles & 60 drivers (i say 60 as Dan said +1 PVR = 3 drivers not sure if that was just for GNE for in general)?

Thomas12

26 Oct 2022, 1:21 pm #2,120
(26 Oct 2022, 1:14 pm)Unber43 So GCT need an extra 20 vehicles atleast for the contracts which they've won in Durham, so presumably more vans for changeovers, where are they getting these extra vehicles & 60 drivers (i say 60 as Dan said +1 PVR = 3 drivers not sure if that was just for GNE for in general)?

Where have you got 20 from?

Gains
40/41 = PVR 2
42 = PVR 1
47 = PVR 1
52/53 - PVR 1
61/62 - PVR 1
204/204A = PVR 1
PR1 - PVR 3
PR2 - PVR 1

Lost

104 - PVR 1

Suggests the PVR will increase by 10, not 20.
Thomas12
26 Oct 2022, 1:21 pm #2,120

(26 Oct 2022, 1:14 pm)Unber43 So GCT need an extra 20 vehicles atleast for the contracts which they've won in Durham, so presumably more vans for changeovers, where are they getting these extra vehicles & 60 drivers (i say 60 as Dan said +1 PVR = 3 drivers not sure if that was just for GNE for in general)?

Where have you got 20 from?

Gains
40/41 = PVR 2
42 = PVR 1
47 = PVR 1
52/53 - PVR 1
61/62 - PVR 1
204/204A = PVR 1
PR1 - PVR 3
PR2 - PVR 1

Lost

104 - PVR 1

Suggests the PVR will increase by 10, not 20.

Pages (117) Previous 1105 106 107117 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average